Body Beast

My program is being delivered today!! Can't wait to start program. Glad to here that many of you are enjoying the Body Beast program. :)

Not sure what I have been watching but just saw this for the first time this AM.

For those of you doing BEAST, do you find these anything close to any of Cathe's collections or are they totally different? Wondering if it is worth purchasing or just doing a similar type of rotation using Cathe since I have nearly all of hers?

Thanks in advance !

Not sure what I have been watching but just saw this for the first time this AM.

For those of you doing BEAST, do you find these anything close to any of Cathe's collections or are they totally different? Wondering if it is worth purchasing or just doing a similar type of rotation using Cathe since I have nearly all of hers?

Thanks in advance !

I find it very different from Cathe's workouts. I love Cathe's workouts (I own them all, too), but I am really enjoying Body Beast. I think my body needed the change up.

I absolutely love Body Beast but I wanted to add just a little more cardio and pull out some Cathe's while waiting on the new workouts. I started yesterday with a new 5 week rotation using Cathe's Pure Strength workouts on Monday/Wednesday and Friday. On Sunday a short HiiT workout, Tuesday is Kickbox, Thursday is a long endurance/walk day, and Saturday is step. I still love BB but wanted to change it up but continue lifting heavy. Good luck to everyone starting Body Beast. ;)

Thanks in advance !

Hi - I totally agree with Jengolf.

Different to Cathe - I can't put my finger on why (shorter workouts? faster lifting? different rep range? just a different feel? too much testosterone and posturing???). I still prefer Cathe in general, but as mentioned, BB is great for changing things up. I'm getting some great definition in places I was never able to before (upper back and lats specifically). I'm really enjoying the workouts.

My back is what I would really like to improve on. Too bad I cannot purchase just the back workouts!!!:)

They would make a great add on. There are two different ones, and they're both good. The other workouts which I'll continue to use are total body, cardio and abs. The total body is a great metabolic workout with abs interspersed throughout.

Well, BB must be doing something for me. Before BB, I did an XTrain rotation. During Burn Sets, the best I could manage for bicep curls was 20 lb dumbbells with 2 lb gloves on. I could never quite manage using 25 lb dumbbells. Yesterday, I was putting always my weights and when I picked up the 25s, I decided to try some curls. I had no problem banging out several good reps! Woohoo!

All this talk about really feeling it in your back has peaked my interest. I remember seeing not to long ago that Body Beast was having some type of special, does anyone know if that is still going on or where is the best/most reasonably priced placed to buy it?

I'm still in week 2 of the Bulk Phase. Took some time off last week to rest for a trail marathon I did on Sunday. This morning I was sweating buckets doing Bulk Back! I think he's picked up the speed in the Bulk workouts for sure. How's everyone else doing? :)

Hi Kathy! I am about to finish up my 2nd week of Bulk, too and I am loving it. I am still doing the full Body Beast Lean rotation, a slightly modified PiYo rotation (I do PiYo 5 days a week instead of 6) and Weider Ruthless thrown in after Bulk workouts 3x a week. I am loving it! It looks like I will be done with this rotation just in time for Ripped w/ HIIT to arrive. I'm excited!

That's great Jen! How do you like PiYo? I passed on that set but I'm definitely ordering 21 Day Fix Extreme when it comes out in February.

Now I'm adding in a 20-30 minute HIIT workout in before Bulk chest, shoulders, arms, and back. Bulk legs takes everything out of me so that's usually a stand alone workout with either abs or stretching added after. I'm really enjoying it too! :)

That's great Jen! How do you like PiYo? I passed on that set but I'm definitely ordering 21 Day Fix Extreme when it comes out in February.

Now I'm adding in a 20-30 minute HIIT workout in before Bulk chest, shoulders, arms, and back. Bulk legs takes everything out of me so that's usually a stand alone workout with either abs or stretching added after. I'm really enjoying it too! :)

I am actually loving PiYo--much harder than I expected and it is working my body in new ways. I have had some tremendous DOMS in my hip flexors and hip joints as well as DOMS in other places--quads, calves. I'm the same--I cannot do cardio after Sagi's leg workouts--they are brutal. I do Abs and a long Cathe stretch after Bulk Legs and when I did Build Legs I did TurboFire Lower 20 afterward. Not sure what I will do in the Beast phase--I'm still deciding. I add Weider Ruthless workouts (basically 20 minute high intensity workouts) after Arms, Shoulders and Chest, and on Back day I do Beast Cardio right afterward. I'm trying to get some cardio in. I am doing so much less than I am accustomed to--but I am liking the change up from my old way of doing things.

When I finish Body Beast I plan to take a "recovery" week before starting Cathe's new series. I'll probably do her MMA workouts and kettlebell workouts. That's the plan right now.

I just want to say that the 7 weeks I did off Body Beast has made me so much stronger. I am doing Pure Strength this week and I am noticing that I am going to have to up those weights. I am glad I got this set!

Jen - like you, I think I'll be just about finished with BB as the new workouts arrive. Perfect timing.

I'm doing a lot less workout-wise at the moment - just BB and the occasional extra quick cardio hit - but I think my body is really changing. I seem to be altering shape. My upper body is filling out nicely, helping me to look less pear shaped. I'm getting slightly stronger (I keep nudging the weights up) and I haven't lost any cardio ability (did Afterburn this week, no problems). So I'm thrilled with BB.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.