Beginner Rotation - starting Monday, August 15, 2011

Everyone especially my friend Suan DRINK YOUR WATER. kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER..................kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER..........................kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER.........................kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER......kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER....kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER.

Good morning ladies !!!

Deanna - we need our water reminders please :D I do much better with my water consumption when I hear you whispering in my ear... drink your water ... drink your water...

I do think that dehydration leads to fatigue....

I am going to work today smelling like Bengay, instead of everyone telling me how good I smell they are going to be saying WHAT IS THAT BENGAY? LOL

Running late, let me get out of here.

Deanna
16.9 oz of water down so far

Everyone especially my friend Suan DRINK YOUR WATER. kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER..................kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER..........................kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER.........................kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER......kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER....kEEP HYDRATED DRINK, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK YOUR WATER.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lol... thanks Deanna. I needed that !!!! I really do hear you in my ear saying, "Drink your water Susan. You know you need to drink your water."

The power of suggestion.. a wonderful thing. I have a bottle of water in my hand as we speak.....

Okay... I'm heading to the gym. If nothing else, I can at least move one foot then the other on the treadmill. Maybe that will jump start my enthusiasm !!

Go Team!!!

Progress, NOT perfection.

We shall have good days and bad days, BUT

We CAN do this. We ARE doing this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ROCK (tm FnV) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

midday report :)

I did 3 miles on the treadmill... just plain moderately paced walking.. nothing fancy.. but at least I was moving for 3 miles :p That felt good.

Now... I shall stick to my mostly healthy foods and then I'll be able to call today "Progress."

Have a great day everyone !!!

ohhhhh... Deanna - 30 oz of water so far ... Yea team !!!!! Thanks for the kick in the butt on the water. I need to be reminded....

Good for you Susan, I am so proud of you. You did more than me today. My stomach is sore from Core Max. The only thing I did today was Walked 1 Mile with my coworker and drank about 80 or 90oz of water. I plan on getting up in the morning going for a walk with my little LuLu. My son works nights so he will be coming home when I go walking. I would also like to wash my Jeep. I will not be able to exercise my Abs until Sunday or Monday to sore.

Well, I am going to relax in my bed and watch TV knowing I do not have to go to work the next couple days.

Have a good night everyone :)
Deanna

midday report :)

I did 3 miles on the treadmill... just plain moderately paced walking.. nothing fancy.. but at least I was moving for 3 miles :p That felt good.

Now... I shall stick to my mostly healthy foods and then I'll be able to call today "Progress."

Have a great day everyone !!!

ohhhhh... Deanna - 30 oz of water so far ... Yea team !!!!! Thanks for the kick in the butt on the water. I need to be reminded....

Good morning ladies !!

I'm back on track.... feeling energized and ready to go. It's so odd how that feeling can disappear for a couple of days and then mysteriously come back. I need to learn to do my workouts on the "down" days regardless of my lack of energy and/or enthusiasm. I shall work on that.

Today is Total Body Workout on the Susan Rotation... hmmmmm.... Push Pull maybe (I love that one), Muscle Max (love that one too), Supersets?? hmmmm lots of good choices.

After my workout, shower, food and 2nd mug of coffee, I'm going to resume the great fall cleaning-out-closets project... lol

And get outside and get some fresh air and sunshine..

Have a great day......

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this.

Remember..... Progress, NOT perfection

Go Team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Good Saturday Morning Ladies :)

I am not sure what workout I will do today if any. I am up doing a deep conditioning/hot oil treatment on my hair, having a cup of coffee and on this computer. :)

I have some chicken and beef marinating in the refridgerator. Chicken is marinating in Caribbean Jerk and the Beef in Teriyaki. I am going to put them both on my charcoil grill shortly. This will be my protien, I can take it to work for lunch will just need to make some side dishes.

I have been on Youtube this morning researching Hybrid workouts. Thinking about doing Cathe's Pyramid Lower + Upper Body, Slow & Heavy, Core Max, Butts & Guts, Kick, Punch & Crunch & Legs & Glutes with Insanity. What I would like to do is incorporate Insanity (Cardio) with Cathe's Weight lifting. Of course I would have to do this twice a day, whenever I could. Not trying to hurt myself. I beleive Monday October 17th starts week 9 of the Beginner Rotation and I am ready to incorporate more weight training.

My Abs are not as sore as they were yesterday but they are still sore. I see why it is suggested Abs are worked 3 times per week, there needs to be time for them to recover.

Okay ladies, I will check back later.
Deanna

Good afternoon, had nothing to report yesterday other than "TGIF".

This morning I wasnt in the mood to workout, though I wasnt so unmotivated that I wasnt going to at least do something. So I opted for Slim Series Tear It Up workout. It is 78 minutes long. It is light weight/high rep training that works the upper body, then lower body, then a short cardio segment, such as running in place, jumping jacks or burpees, then it repeats this cycle a few times and finishes with abs. I got me sweating but I didnt feel like I was overworking. I knew this morning I didnt have the energy for any all out cardio or heavy lifting, so this workout fit the bill quite nicely.

I dont have any major plans today, was going to rake leaves but is so windy today that I feel as if that is pointless.

Deanna....sounds like you're ready to kick your workouts up a notch! You Go Girl!

Susan...glad you're feeling more energetic!

Still online searching, just added Gym Style Chest & Triceps Workout DVD, Gym Style Legs Workout DVD, Gym Style: Back, Shoulders and Biceps Exercise DVD and Muscle Max Workout DVD to my WISH LIST. I would like to get STS or the new Low Impact but I would need to purchase additinal equipment, I would rather use what I have. Maybe I can get these DVD's and some addtional Dumbbells 10lbs and up for myself for Christmas or sooner.

Muscle Max seems awesome, I think I will like this one. TOTAL BODY is what I enjoy most.

Last edited:
Hello again.... midday report..

On the Susan Rotation for today was:

Total Body Workout
Pushup challenge
Abs
Stretch

I decided that I needed to complete the whole workout so I took it easy on the total body workout and went back to Total Body Sculpting - shorter and sweeter.

Then I did my wall pushups for the pushup challenge
the Core Max no equipment workout for abs
and my old Susan 20 minute stretch workout.

Mission accomplished !!!!

I'm doing well on food also:

Breakfast: oatmeal, banana, coffee with ff 1/2 & 1/2
After workout: 1 cup ff plain Greek yogurt, 7 whole unsalted/unrprocessed almonds, one apple sliced, more coffee.

Sounds like we are getting back on track !! Yea team !!

But we need FnV back... sigh. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way FnV. We miss you !!

Stacy - great choice for your workout. You have the most amazing variety. I am in awe !!

Deanna - I bought all 3 Gym Styles DVDs. I have watched them and they look really good, but I haven't actually tried them yet.

I can highly recommend Muscle Max. It's one of my favorites. It's a solid total body traditional weight workout. Nothing fancy. Dumbbells and a barbell. What equipment are you missing? Anything that Cathe does with a barbell you can do with dumbbells. So you don't HAVE to have a barbell.

And yummy on the Teriyaki... I love Teriyaki Beef and Teriyaki Chicken.

Just finishing up my 2nd mug of coffee. I too have been wandering around the Internet. Time to get to work cleaning closets.. lol

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this !!

Go Team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Susan and Stacy, I am so glad you guys were able to do something today. The only thing I have done so far was my hair and cook the meet on the grill. I may do Insanity later, the key work is MAY. :)

Susan, I have a barebell with 50lbs, dumbbells, tubing, bands, firewalkers and jump rope. But with STS and Low Impact Cathe has additional equipment that I do not have. The only additional equipment I would like to get are ankle weights, weighted gloves, additional dumbbells the the dvds I previously mentioned. After this I think I will be done purchasing equipment and dvds for a good while. :))

As I said, I love Muscle Max because it's no fuss no muss traditional total body workout... although there are premixes for upper body and lower body.

You only need dumbbells and a barbell for that one, so you already have all the equipment you need.

I have dumbbells, my new barbell, a step, a stability ball and bands. I'm hoping that I have everything I'll need for the new Low Impact Series. The slide n glide discs come with the new series if you pre-ordered. I think I did see something about ankle weights for one of them, but I'll have to make do.

I am finished buying equipment and DVDs for the foreseeable future :D

It's almost 9 P.M. and I've been really good about food today. I made a stir fry with shrimp, garlic, scallions, green pepper and pineapple chunks and put that over a half cup of brown rice. I had seedless red grapes for dessert !!

Now.. if I can just stay out of the kitchen til I go to bed.... this is the difficult part of the day for me... I'm always itching for a high carb and/or high sugar and/or high fat snack.... I will not go in the kitchen. I will not go in the kitchn.... lol

Have a great evening. See y'all in the morning.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to the step class at the gym again. That's easy.. just go to the gym... do the one hour step class and I'm done for the day.

Morning Ladies :)

I am up early this morning having my coffe and getting ready to start Laundry and Cleaning Max.

My Core is much better today just a little sore, it even looks as if it shrunk. :) As I stated before I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE working my Core it is the weakest area on my body, and the recovery is slow. I had a C-Section almost 19 years ago when I delivered my one and only child, my stomach has never been the same. You do not realize how much you use your core until you wake those muscles up. It hurts to sneeze, cough, turn, bend, etc. No I did not pull any muscles just worked them good on the Stability Ball with Core Max.

I am going to surf Cathe's site while enjoying my coffee and then get up and do Cleaning and Laundry Max.

I will check back in a little later.
Deanna

Good morning !!!

Just a quick note... I'm late.. have to get to the gym for Step Class..

Deanna - it sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your coffee.

more later......

Hi everyone!

Susan, I wish I was at your house for dinner last night. Deanna, I will be meeting you for lunch all week, so pack extra, ok? : ) Stacy, I love all your flexibility on workout choices and instructors, so I'd like to join you for a few workouts, k?

Not a single workout for me last week, actually, last workout I logged was 10/4. But yesterday I did a cardio step 4daysplit and today I will do a Susan inspired pushpull or ss.
I am working on my prayer muscle though- it has been sadly neglected.

I had a health concern w/ DD - which is hopefully just a swollen lymph node but I can't think straight if i am worried about my kiddo's health. Also, my statistics class started which effectively added about 10 hours of work (at least) to my week. 4 hours of seat time in class on Fridays and study time. It has been an ass kicker. The above issues on top of ongoing busy and trying to manage me and two teens and household has just about got me.

I've had good luck with equipment at Sears or sears.com, either ordering from website or going into the store. They WILL price match website prices! I ended up with a particularly good deal on an adjustable weight dumb bell. My local store seems to have a nice variety of stuff on the shelf.

Thanks for the ongoing inspiration, go Team!

Hey FnV, we miss you. Our heart goes out to you with all that you have on your schedule. I wish there was something I could do to help you, I know Prayer. :) I am going to pray for you and your family. If there is anything else, please let me know.

Deanna

FnV - I'm so happy that you were able to stop by for a few minutes. I too will say a prayer that all is well with your DD and that hopefully you will get good news from the doctor.

I understand how one worries when there is a potential problem with your child. It is the worst....

and a statistics class?? Ambitious lady !!! I always loved math, but shied away from anything related to statistics. You are a brave soul :D

I'm glad to hear that you got a workout in... and I'm happy to hear that I inspired you to do supersets or push pull. I really like those for a moderate length total body workout.

I did step class at the gym. It was really good. They have a regular instructor who is very good, but when she can't be there, they have 3 other instructors that they use as subs. Today, my favorite substitute teacher was there. I like her better than the usual one.... So it was a good class.

I'm off to join Deanna for Laundry Max and then I shall continue with the great clean-out-the-closets project .

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this !!!

Go Team.... we ROCK (tm FnV) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FnV, great job on getting in a workout especially when your life is so hectic and your mind is elsewhere. You're putting your priorities first and there's never any shame in that! However, where were you when I was doing YardMax?? ;)

I was outside from 9:30am til 2pm raking leaves, so 9 bags later, I'll say I got quite a decent lower body and quad working from all the bending!! So, that will be my workout today as I dont have the energy for anything else right now!!!

Time for a bath and nice tall glass of iced tea!

Check back later...

Yard Max is the best .... lol.

I lived in central Massachusetts for 22 years and we had a large yard with a ton of trees. Raking in the fall was always a challenge !!! Way to go Stacy!! Enjoy your rest and your iced tea :D

In another thread, I just invited Skippy to join us. She's just getting back to working out and is just starting the Beginner Rotation.

I have no idea if she will show up over here.. but just so you know !!

Here's her thread:

http://cathe.com/forum/f97/i-need-advice-encouragement-285839/

okay... back to Laundry Max and Cleaning-Out-The-Closets Max :p

I have all the doors and windows open and the fresh air is lovely. It's a beautiful day in North Carolina !!!!

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this...

go Team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Good Monday Morning Ladies,

Today is a Cardio day for me, Beginner Rotation list Low Impact Step. I am debating if I am going to workout this morning or after work. More than likely I will workout this evening because I want to do a strenuous Cardio workout. I think I will do Low Impact Step and Insanity since I have not worked out since Thursday other than my daily walks with co-worker.

The soreness in my Abs is finally almost gone, it should be totally gone by Thursday when I am schedule to work them again. I plan on doing Core Max on the Stability Ball again, and hopefully there will not be any soreness afterward. This was my 1st time doing Core Max on the Stability Ball but NOT my 1st time doing Core Max. Previous Cathe DVDs required me to work my Abs on the Stability Ball maybe not as strenuous but that area was still worked. Normal soreness last max 2 day, I worked my Abs Thusday and they are still sore 4 days later. Again, I am not in pain my entire Core section is just sore. :( I TOTALLY HATE WORKING MY CORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY WEAK AREA.

I think I finally figured out how to create a Rotation for myself. I was reading all day yesterday in the Rotation area and ran across something FitnessFreak previous wrote. She brokedown a 6 day Rotation as follows.

Day 1 UPPER BODY + ABS
DAY 2 CARDIO
DAY 3 LOWER BODY
DAY 4 YOGA OR STRETCH
DAY 5 TOTAL BODY
DAY 6 CARDIO
DAY 7 REST

I think I can create a Rotation based on this Breakdown. I am going to create something to start November 13th or 14th which will be the end of my Beginner Rotation. I can totally see my body transforming, it is awesome. :) Now I want to Build Muscle and I am going to try to create a Rotation from my exsisting dvds based on that.

HOW ARE WE DOING WITH OUR WATER CONSUMPTION LADIES (SUSAN)????????? This seem to be all I am drinking other than my coffee in the morning.

Okay, going to enjoy my coffee before getting ready for work.

I hope you all have a blessed day
Deanna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.