Beginner Rotation - starting Monday, August 15, 2011

TGIF!!!!!!!!!

I'm SO READY to start off Monday with the new thread!! How exciting, we're embarking on another journey together!! And, Deanna, dont you dare think you failed! You're kicking total butt, girl!!! You too Susan!! You've both been such kind souls and very encouraging to each other. And, I'm grateful I found this thread and had such a warm welcome.

I'm feeling totally flabby and icky lately and it is ALL diet related. I'll do what I can this weekend when I'm with my family but I dont think there will be a piece of unprocessed food to be found in that house! Even unprocessed by my definition. My IBS has been flaring big time, I dont know why I cant remember how crappy I feel after eating badly before I actually start eating badly??!! I've gotta just STOP IT!!!!

Deanna....I love that quotation you posted! Very inspirational.

FnV.... "STOP IT" is replaying in my head all the time, love it!! You asked about apples, I just ate one today! My fav is granny smith. I also like Jonathans and MacIntosh.

Susan...I envy you of all your free time! I'm tired of always being at work!! Retirement seems like years down the road. This peri-menopausal business is quite annoying. I'm truly hoping that weight loss wont get much harder than it already seems to be!

Well I'm going to kick back and watch some tv, I'll be heading out early tomorrow morning. I'll check back Sunday night. Have a great weekend!

I too love that quote Deanna. I have sometimes pictured another beginner out there in Cathe land... too timid to jump in, but maybe.. perhaps.. drawing some inspiration from our journey.

Stacy - you are a delight and I am so glad that you and FnV decided to adopt us two fledglings. Deanna and I needed the guidance of you two who have been around here longer than we have. We are a wonderful little group. Or as FnV would say.... We ROCK!!!!!

Don't worry too much about food this weekend... other than trying to keep your IBS from flaring. Just enjoy your visit with your family and we'll start afresh Monday morning. In the meantime, Deanna will keep us going with her outing tomorrow !!! Go Deanna !!! How's the weather forecast????

Retirement is wonderful in that I have all this free time to do what I want to do when I want to do it. But.. the down side is.. it means you are getting old.... lol. And that's no fun. You'll get there, but don't rush it. All in good time !!

FnV - lots of homework this weekend?????? How's your knee? You haven't mentioned it lately. Hopefully, the rest has allowed it to heal....

Good night all..... coffee in the morning :D

Hey there, have been doing hw most of the day, I came home thinking it would be good to pull my brain out of my head and sort of rinse it off and wring it out. Then I took a little nap and got up and cleaned house. Better now.
Stacy, I hope you have a great trip, make the best of it and enjoy.
I will do a jog or bike ride tomorrow...it is cool outside.
Susan, I don't think I've ever tried that type of apple, I will look for it.
Deanna, I am excited for you and your rotation. I had same image as Susan, you getting into the advanced classes or skipping a grade, congrats!
Grabbing my history book and headed to bed...wow, what a life! : )

Good morning ladies !!

FnV - now history :) that's something I can get excited about. I loved history classes. What history class are you taking?

Cortland's are my favorite because they are crisp and slightly tart. Granny Smith's are my 2nd favorite. I agree with you about Red Delicious. I gave up on those years ago. The texture is yucky :p

Stacy - safe trip !!

Deanna - have fun at your outing today !!

I'm just going to take it easy... lol... as I've been doing all week. I'm getting downright lazy and that ain't good... ain't good at all.

Progress, not Perfection !!!

Hey workout buddies,

What a wonderful day God has made, let us rejoice in it. :)

I just got back from the 5K/1Mile Race For Life, helping unborn children. I had a grrrreat time. Instead of doing 1Mile, I jumped in with the runners and did 3 Miles. I walked with a lady I met for 2 miles and then I did a brisk walk/jog alone the last mile. The Runners started at 8:30am and the Walker started at 9:30am. I was finished before the Walkers started, that was goal. Three (3) Miles in less than one (1) hour not bad. I feel really good, but a little tired.

This morning around 6:30am I went to the store to get Ice in my 64oz container and I seen a group of people running by my house. I stopped to talk with them on my way home. One of the ladies told me that they run 9 Miles 3 times per week. I know that is to much for me but they encouraged me to join them and do what I can. I am going to start walking/jogging with them on Saturday Mornings. This should shake the fat up and help it drop off faster. :) So, next Saturday morning I will be joining the running group but I will only do 3 miles to start.

Okay I am going to rest, I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
Deanna

Fantastic news Deanna !!!

Congratulations on your 3 miles today and exciting news on finding a walking/jogging group to join..

You constantly amaze me. Way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Good morning ladies !!!

Quick note before I head out the door.....

Have a busy day... first, meeting some friends at Cracker Barrel for brunch, then off to a couple of flea markets to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Make it a great day !!!!!

I'm excited about our fresh start tomorrow morning... Go Team !!!!

Almost time to say goodbye to our lovely old thread.....

We shall make a fresh start in the morning my friends.

See y'all for coffee in the new thread :D

I'm back, ate waaaaaay too much, but will weigh in tomorrow morning even though it wont be pretty!!

Looking forward to cleaning up my act!

Welcome back Stacy! OK, I did a dance class today, so I am counting that as my workout.

Susan, American History from civil war on. Its an online course, I keep going on internet tangents that have nothing to do w/ my subject. Today's tangent is rape crimes and war tribunal from the Bosnian war. Prohibition-->PBS-->War Tribunal I Came to Testify--->Wiki Bosnian war--Yugoslavian Wars--->Breakup of Yugoslavia.

Deanna, Yeah I can't believe you just picked up a running group. Awesome!

OK, see ya Mon!

Evening Ladies,

It is kinda bitter sweet isnt it? As of tomorrow morning we will be posting in another thread Progress Not Perfection. Wow how exciting. :)

I have been relaxing and doing Landry all day. I have also been reviewing Butts and Guts as well as Kick, Punch & Crunch and Legs and Gluts. Man those exercise looks painful on the lower body, which means I will be sore. My other dvds should be delivered to my job tomorrow. This rotation is going to be difficult with alot of muscle burn on the lower body. But that is the area I need to work harder. My saddle bags seem to be shrinking, however when I incorporate the other dvds they should go down even faster. I do not expect them to dissapear but definately shrink.

Ladies, I just thought of something to incorporate in Progress Not Perfection. There should be a insert for Water. A minimum intake of 64oz of water per day. As you know I have been pushing Water almost since day one. Again, it is just a thought. :)

Okay, I am going to get ready for bed so I can go to work in the morning and have enough strength to do an Advance Lower Body workout or Advance Cardio workout tomorrow evening. I will look for Progress Not Perfection in the morning.

Have a good night workout buddies :)
Deanna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.