Beginner Rotation - starting Monday, August 15, 2011

Good morning everyone !!!

Deanna - that looks like a fantastic rotation !!! You have been doing so incredibly well on this program. I am sooooo proud of you !!!

I've had a minor setback.. sigh. It's hell to get old... I don't recommend it AT ALL :p

I was moving furniture yesterday to vacuum and did something to my back. It has happened before, so I know what to do. I put ice on it, took a bunch of Advil and lay down in the fetal position on the sofa for an hour or so.

It's not too too bad.. but it's going to prevent me from doing a workout for the next couple of days. I need to rest it and continue with the Advil...

It's soooooooo frustrating, because I had gotten into a good groove.

Oh well.. these things happen. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the gym and do treadmill. It doesn't hurt to walk.... just hurts when I try to bend over to pick something up or move anything. So I think I had best stay away from weight workouts for a few days.

This too shall pass :D

Onward and upward we go.

Deanna - Happy Day 1 of Week NINE !!!!!! Woo Hoo !!!

We ROCK (tm FnV) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my poor Susan, I am sooooooooo very sorry that you hurt yourself moving Furniture. I remember doing that before, I was trying to rearrange me my livinging room and hurt my shoulder. I was in sooooo much pain, my arm was in a sling for 2 - 4 weeks.

I would also like to thank you for the encouraging words. I want you to know that I am very proud of you as well, you have stuck with it. You and I both have been working extremly hard on this Beginner Rotation. It is difficult to believe that this is our 9th week. That means we have 3 more weeks to go and we can then say WE DID IT, WE COMPLETED CATHE'S BEGINNER ROTATION :)

Well I am at work so let me get started. Wish me luck with my Extreme Cardio today.
Deanna

Good morning everyone !!!

Deanna - that looks like a fantastic rotation !!! You have been doing so incredibly well on this program. I am sooooo proud of you !!!

I've had a minor setback.. sigh. It's hell to get old... I don't recommend it AT ALL :p

I was moving furniture yesterday to vacuum and did something to my back. It has happened before, so I know what to do. I put ice on it, took a bunch of Advil and lay down in the fetal position on the sofa for an hour or so.

It's not too too bad.. but it's going to prevent me from doing a workout for the next couple of days. I need to rest it and continue with the Advil...

It's soooooooo frustrating, because I had gotten into a good groove.

Oh well.. these things happen. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the gym and do treadmill. It doesn't hurt to walk.... just hurts when I try to bend over to pick something up or move anything. So I think I had best stay away from weight workouts for a few days.

This too shall pass :D

Onward and upward we go.

Deanna - Happy Day 1 of Week NINE !!!!!! Woo Hoo !!!

10:30am PST, went on my daily walk with coworker about an hour ago. Just finished my Whey Protein drink and getting read to start on my water.

Deanna

Great job Deanna !!!

I'm drinking my water :D

My back is still hurting, so I've been taking it real easy and real slow today. Just doing things around the house that are easy and spent a few hours reading a book that my brother had sent me.

Make it a great afternoon everyone !!!

Wow, you two, Week 9 already!! You are kickin' butt!!!!!!!

Susan...hope your back heals quickly! I hate when my knee starts aching, seems like it's always right when I'm doing so well with my workouts!

Deanna...your workout rotation looks really good!!

Today for me was a planned rest day, however, hubby actually said the other day he wanted to start working out (he's said that many times before, does a workout or two, gets too sore and then it's months before he does another workout). However, when he shows interest, I'm all for it. He wanted to do only 2 upper body parts, he picked shoulders and biceps, so we did those body parts from Cathe's 4 Day Split dvd. It went pretty well. I'll incorporate the other body parts into my schedule sometime this week. We're going out of town this weekend, so I hope to be able to do some sort of workout really early that day before we leave.

Eating, well, let's just say, I need a MAJOR overhaul. However, I just cant get in the mood to eat better, dont know why. So, my weight is UP and UP. I think I will weigh in on Thursday no matter what, sometimes I need that number to shock me back into reality.

Have a good evening!

Evening Ladies :) One work day down and 4 more to go.

Okay I just completed Low Impact Step, now my son and I are going to do 30 or 40min of Insanity. I am going to take my time and do everything Low Impact. I will come back and post my results.

Deanna

Son and I did Insanity Pure Cardio. All I can say is Shaun T is crazy, all that jumping around and stuff. I did total Low Impact at my speed but I never stoped moving.

Tuesday Beginner Rotation list Total Body Sculpting. This is one of my favorites. :) I will more than likely do this workout in the evening, it all depends on how I feel in the AM.

Susan, I hope you feel better soon.

Stacy, I am glad you enjoyed your workout with your Hubby. Sometimes I wish I had a Hubby to encourage me during my workouts. Maybe I will fine myself one when I get in shape. :)

Okay Ladies have a good night I am going to relax.

PS: Ladies you know I do not like the scale, but I just weighed myself and I am down a total of 7lbs since Susan and I started working out 9 weeks ago. :)

Last edited:
Hey Susan and Deanna, you have no idea how impressed I am that you have stuck to a rotation all the way thru! Although I have been very consistent in working out (in the past) I don't think I've ever stuck to a specific rotation. And you are seeing and feeling the results! Way to go!

Deanna, I have sometimes found that even if I am still sore from a previous workout, hitting that body part again doesn't make it worse and I swear it sometimes makes it better. I don't know why.

Susan, I am sorry about your injury. See, it just goes to show, no good deed goes unpunished, what were you thinking? Cleaning? oh my goodness. : >

Stacy, you have my sympathies with the food. We need to really empower ourselves with good nutrition. You know we are gonna feel better when we do so.

Please don't pay any attention to the fact that I am not telling you about my workouts. : )

hugs, ttyl.

Good morning ladies !!!

Deanna - you are really kicking butt. Doing Insanity with your son.. wow !!! And 7 lbs lost... Woo Hoo !!!! Fantastic !!

Stacy - too funny about your hubby. I'm glad you got him to do some exercising with you. That's progress.

Stacy and FnV - As you know, I too struggle with the food issues... sigh. All I can say is.... we must be "aware" of when we are eating, why we are eating and what choices we make. It's a process of re-training our mind and bodies to a new healthier way of eating. I'm hoping that it becomes easier and more automatic as we go. But I do think it is a long process of gradual changes for the better. So... as always.... Progress, NOT perfection !!!

FnV - We'll give you a pass on the workouts til you get thru this difficult time.

As for me, my back is really sore this morning. It's stiffness and a constant dull ache. Very annoying, but I've had it before. I know it will go away. I just need to be careful with what I do. I'm going to take another rest day and keep popping the Advil and see how it goes.....

I weighed myself yesterday. I lost 1/2 a pound last week !! Yea !! However, there have been a couple of weeks where I had gained 1/2 a pound... so .. the net loss is 3 lbs. I'll take it. I was aiming for 2 or 3 pounds a month, so I'm a little behind schedule.. but I'll still take it .... lol

Onward and upward we go !!!!

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this !!!

Last edited:
Morning Ladies,

Susan, I totally understand about being sore and with it being your back you should take it easy. My Core is much better, I can still feel a little soreness in the bottom area of my stomach. I have started putting Bengay on the muscles that I worked out before bed and that seems to be helping. I know your injury is not from working out but from lifting or moving furniture, maybe a Hot Water Bottle or some Bengay will help.

Ladies, you know I have been having a difficulty time sleeping. Lastnight I got a pretty good night sleep. I went to bed later and also changed my alarm from 4am to 5am. I do not have to be at work until 7am, but I have always gotten up at 4am. That extra hour seem to help. Hopefully I will not feel so tired during the day.

I am going to walk with co-worker today around 9:30am PST and then come home and do my Total Body workout this evening. As I previously stated in another post, Total Body is one of my favorites. I am not planning on doing Insanity with my son today. However I am going to pause the dvd player during the weight segment of the Total Body workout to give myself more time to exhaust my mucsles.

I am not taking my lunch to work today. Instead I am going to treat myself by going to El Polo Loco and getting myself a Loco Salad and 2 grilled chicken legs or a chicken burrito. :)

Okay let me get up and get out of here, I will check in after my daily walk with co-worker.

You ladies have a Blessed day. And Susan I pray you feel better soon.
Deanna

Last edited:
I am really in a slump right now. No motivation to workout, I dont care what I eat. I know it'll pass but I'm feeling pretty bummed out right now.

Mid-morning check in. Just finished walk with co-worker. I needed that fresh Air because my "want to be controlling super" is at it again. It is not even worth talking about. As long as I continue to get paid the same amount of money to do less work I am good!!!!

I have Total Body Scupting on my rotation today, I think I am going to add Kick Max or some type of Kick Boxing to work off some frustration. The entire time I am punching and kicking you know who I am going to be thinking of........LMAO

I said I was going to treat myself today for lunch by having grilled chicken at El Polo Loco. I am still going to have the salad, but I am going to go to Popeyes and get the 2pc Leg & Thigh for .99Cent. This is a weekly Tuesday special.

I will check back after my eveining workout. :)
Deanna

PS: I am tired today, it is almost time for me to go home. I am only going to commet to doing Total Body Sculpt this evening.

Last edited:
Ok, I had a talk with myself and told myself to suck it up and workout! I think what set off my mood was reading Tom Venuto's e-book Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. I realized there's NO way I could stick with that program and of course he says that if I dont I will most certainly be fat and fail! Well he can stick it! ;)

I did the abs from P90X and then walked 5 miles on the treadmill, didnt feel like bouncing around with any other form of cardio so figured I'd walk longer instead.

Now I have a pot of homemade soup simmering. I still need a diet overhaul, but I couldve sat around all day ate chips I suppose!

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Last edited:
Hey Stacy, good for you I'm glad you decided to workout today. Your homemade soup sounds great.

Ok, I had a talk with myself and told myself to suck it up and workout! I think what set off my mood was reading Tom Venuto's e-book Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. I realized there's NO way I could stick with that program and of course he says that if I dont I will most certainly be fat and fail! Well he can stick it! ;)

I did the abs from P90X and then walked 5 miles on the treadmill, didnt feel like bouncing around with any other form of cardio so figured I'd walk longer instead.

Now I have a pot of homemade soup simmering. I still need a diet overhaul, but I couldve sat around all day ate chips I suppose!

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Evening Ladies :)

I came home today and did Total Body Sculpt (27 min). I was tired and did not want to do anything but I did it. There is a core routine within the Total Body Sculpt dvd. When I got to that part I hesitated but I went ahead and did it. I felt a little tenderness deep inside my lower abs but it was tolerable and I made it through. I spoke with a guy at work who is in great shape and he said I may be sore one more time in my core before the muscles in that area strenghens up. I DO NOT KNOW IF I CAN GO THOUGH THAT UNCOMFORTABLE PAIN AGAIN.

Tomorrow is HUMP DAY and the Beginner Rotation list Low Impact Step (Cardio). Instead I think I may go on a 1.5 or 3Mile WALK/RUN with my son and the dog. Saturday I am participating in another 1 Mile Walk with my friend who will be doing the 5K Run.

Susan, I hope you are feeling better.

Okay I am going to relax, you all have a blessed evening. :)

Deanna

Hey stacy, I am happy for you for the come back. Susan, you feeling ok? Deanna, I am a weirdo, I love the after workout owies. I am catching up on school work...my elbows resting on stats book as I type. Keep swinging girls!

FnV....thanks for popping in, always good to hear from you!

Deanna...have you considered maybe doing a less intense core/ab workout next time?? CoreMax is one of Cathe's toughest, so dont be so hard on yourself!

Susan...how was your evening?

I'm sitting here with some major stomach issues. This crapola food has caught up with me. I dont know why I eat junk, knowing that in a few days, my IBS is going to be raging!! Someone hit me upside the head!!

Good morning my friends !!!

Deanna - you are kicking butt girl. You really are being dedicated about your workouts. Great job !!!!!

Stacy - I am soooo proud of you.. that you had a talking to yourself and got yourself out of your slump. Ya know.....:rolleyes: I used to read all those books and articles on the Internet and magazines and pffffffffffft !!!!!!!!!!!! They only make me feel guilty and hopeless. So to h*ll with all of them.

The whole secret is to eat a balanced diet of healthy non-processed foods of all kinds (lean protein, fruits, veggies, beans, whole grains, nuts, olive oil) in moderate portions and keep moving doing some kind of exercise.

I really have come to believe that eating non-processed foods... and emphasizing the lean protein and veggies... is the way to go. But eating "real" food.... not all the fancy stuff... just good old-fashioned oatmeal and broccoli and carrots and spinach and apples and oranges and low fat chili and homemade soup... and chicken and fish and lean beef.... just Real food... but healthy choices..... and throw away all the so-called "experts."

It's the processed foods that get us in trouble.... of course, it's easier said than done.. those processed foods are soooooo tempting (chocolate cupcakes anyone.. cough cough cough.. who me ???????) .... but they are chock full of sodium and other nasty stuff..... I feel your pain Stacy........

So that's what I'm concentrating on..... natural food... from the regular supermarket. I read recently that one should shop on the perimeter of the supermarket cause that's where the non-processed foods are... the produce department, the seafood/poultry/meat department, the dairy department, the bread aisle..... all the processed food is in the middle of the supermarket.

Anyway..... end of sermon .... lol

FnV - great job hitting the books !!!! We know you will shine in statistics class. Go get 'em.

My back is still really sore. I made a mistake yesterday and spent most of the day lying on the sofa reading. Although my back felt great while I was doing it, it caused it to stiffen and lock up really bad. So today, I need to keep moving.

I'm going to head to the gym and do some gentle treadmill, then I'm going to come home and do as much of Total Body Sculpting as I can. I can do biceps and triceps and shoulders.. maybe even deadlift rows or whatever they are called... lol. ... I can do anything that doesn't involve twisting.

I know that I need to keep moving to keep my back muscles warmed up.. if I don't it actually makes it worse.... but I'll be careful.

I am so discouraged that this back thing has slowed me down. After my 2 day major slump last Wed and Thurs, I had really gotten going full steam ahead on Fri, Sat and Sunday.... sigh.

oh well.... onward and upward we go !!!

Progress, NOT perfection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One good note... I've been good about food the last several days:p

Last edited:
Morning :)

Susan, I am happy you posted to let us know how you are doing. But I still feel you need to take it easy, a back injury is serious. You just do not realize how many back muscle are involved in everyday movement until you injury them.

I am feeling good this morning because my son is talking to me like he have a Life plan. He is talking about getting a different job and going to college. He got up this morning and I told him if that is his plan, he should make a list of things he would like to have in a job like Tuition Reimbusement. He surprised me this morning by saying, he remembered what I taught him by putting on a suit and having a list of questions to ask at the end of the interview. You just do not know how that made me feel. :)

Stacy regarding doing a Core workout that is not as strenuous? Maybe I will try Core Max without the Stability Ball, although I find it easier on the Ball. Starting to understand what Fnv said about the after burn you feel after a good workout. :)

Okay, I am running late due to the conversation I had with my darling son this morning so I have to get out of here. Beginner Rotation list Low Impact Step, my son, the dog and I are going to go on a Walk/Run this evening instead or I will do Kick Max.

Let me get out of here, will check in after Walk with co-worker. You all have a Blessed Day.

Deanna

Ladies, I am feeling sooooooo good this morning and there is no pain in my Abs. :) I have a pair of pants on today that I have not worn in years, I could not get them up over my thighs. Well I have them on today, now that is progress. :)

I am feeling extremly good today due to the converstation I had with my wonderful son. As a mother I wish I could give him the world! However, what a wonderful feeling to see the fruits of my labor. God is soooo good! That saying "A child is a product of their enviorment" is oh so true. MY SON, has seen me work 2 jobs at times all of his life. The point is he has seen me work and he knows that is what you need to do in life, as well as education and spirituality. Maybe not in that order but you understand what I mean. I am going to keep this positive attitude today while at work. I am going to be like a Duck in water, when something negative presents itself I am going to let it roll off my back!

THANK YOU GOD, AND THANK YOU LADIES FOR BEING MORE THAN MY WORKOUT BUDDIES.

Deanna

Deanna - I have tears in my eyes. I am so happy for you. It sounds like you and your son have gotten life back on track after a difficult few months.

Words to make a mother's heart sing... that he says he wants to go to college and get a different job. Fantastic !!!

I know you are walking on air. Enjoy !!! You have earned it. You have done a fantastic job with your son.

okay... I'm off to the gym.... before I change my mind... lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.