Beginner Rotation - starting Monday, August 15, 2011

thanks for the push Deanna :)

off to the gym I go to do 45 minutes of dancin' aerobics... lol

then... as soon as I walk back in my front door, I shall do Muscle Max's Upper Body premix !!

Deanna - I totally agree. Getting started is the hardest part. That is true not only for exercising but also housecleaning :p I hate to clean... someday if I win the lottery, I shall hire a housecleaning service.... in the meantime... well... I guess I'm it.. If I don't clean, it doesn't get done.... :rolleyes:

Good job on the workouts!!

I ended up doing a workout I had never done before....P90X+ KenPo (kickboxing) and then after that I did the floor work/ankle weight leg work and abs from Butts & Guts. Definitely felt the burn there!

Lotsa errands to do....

Evening Ladies, home at last. :)

I completed two workouts today, I did not come home and do what I previously said I was going to do. However I completed my second workout during a break at work, I walked 1 Mile with a co-worker. My friend wants me to walk with her daily while at work, I will not be able to do that, I have my own workout schedule. I am going to tell her that we can walk 2 or 3 days a week, when I am not walking with my son. She told me that my result are showing and she wants to do what I am doing.....LOL..That made me feel good. :)

Okay, I am going to stop rambling and fold my Laundry. I hope everyone has a good night and a great workout.

Deanna

Morning Ladies, its Wednesday (hump day), two more working days.

I just finished Low Impact Step, it was rather difficult to get through this morning. :(

I am going to ATTEMP to do some additional exercise this evening after work, if my son and I do not go Walking. I am not planning on walking with my coworker and if so, then I will not walk with my son.

FnV, yes it did make me feel pretty good with the compliment my coworker gave me. But you know there are jealous people everywhere. The same day I received a compliment, a long time friend who I attending 6th grade and we also work together now turned her nose up and made some type of comment, not even worth repeating. I just smiled thought about the positive things my other coworker said and the name she gave me, Switchie Titchie and I did that all the way down the hall.....LOL...I know I am bad.

BTY - I was informed verbally that my time off request was approved, just waiting on
signatures.

Okay time to get ready for work, will check back later.
Deanna

Good morning !!!

Deanna and Stacy - fantastic job on the workouts !!!

Stacy - I love all the variety that you put in your workouts. You must own a ton of DVDs... lol. And you are really getting your workouts in regularly lately.. that takes incredible dedication with your work schedule. Way to go !!

Deanna - I'm thrilled that the weather in Vegas has cooled down enough so that you can get outside and walk. Now you have two options... walk with your co-worker or walk with your son... depending on how your son's schedule works out. Fantastic !!!

How wonderful that your one co-worker said that the results are showing all your hard work. Isn't that a great motivator to keep going !!! As to the other one.... pfffffftttt.... negative people are not worth our time and energy. It reflects on their sorry state.. that's all.

FnV - I continue to send good thoughts and prayers your way that things are settling down and getting less stressful

I wonder where Leanne disappeared to? Leanne - if you are reading.... did you download the other 2 workouts? Are you ready to start? We are here to support you.

I'm pondering my options today. I think I overdid it a little yesterday.. lol

I did the dancing aerobics class yesterday morning.. which is very energetic and is supposed to be 45 minutes, but ran long and was actually a full hour. Then I did 2 miles on the treadmill to cool down... lol. Then I came home and did Muscle Max upper body.

Now my entire body is sore..... soooo.... I have lower body, abs and stretching on today's agenda. I'll definitely do abs and stretching, but I'm thinking about waiting and doing lower body tomorrow in place of cardio to give my muscles a rest...

we shall see :)

Make it a great day !!!!!!!!!!!

progress, NOT perfection..............

Wow Susan, you did great yesterday I am so very proud of you. :)

I felt the same way this morning I did not want to workout but again the hardest part is getting started. I then called my coworker this morning and told her that I was putting my shoes in the car. So just incase we decide to walk I will be ready.

Okay, I am at work so let me get started.
Deanna

Good morning !!!

I did the dancing aerobics class yesterday morning.. which is very energetic and is supposed to be 45 minutes, but ran long and was actually a full hour. Then I did 2 miles on the treadmill to cool down... lol. Then I came home and did Muscle Max upper body.

Now my entire body is sore..... soooo.... I have lower body, abs and stretching on today's agenda. I'll definitely do abs and stretching, but I'm thinking about waiting and doing lower body tomorrow in place of cardio to give my muscles a rest...

Susan...great workouts! No wonder you're sore! If you still want to do cardio tomorrow you could always do a cardio/leg premix?? Just a thought. And, yes, I have a decent number of dvds, probably 100 or so, havent counted in awhile! I have given some away over the years and traded some for others. Variety is the spice of life!

Deanna...your work comments crack me up b/c I think we work with the same people, lol! It really helps to know that I'm not the only one with "interesting" co-workers! Did you go walking at work today??

FnV....hoping for positive news!

Today I took as a rest day. I just dont feel like working out. I'm in a bit of slump, but nothing too major. My eating is the majority of the issue, that and my peri-menopausal-ness. I dont think I even want to weigh in this week, I know it will be bad and I dont want to deal with it this week. I'm planning on some sort of workout before work tomorrow. Who knows what it'll be!

Hey Stacy, girrrrrl jealous people are the same everywhere you go! And yes I did go walking with my friend today, we put our Sun Hats on and walked 4 times around the parking lot, I believe that is 1 Miles. We were noticed more today because of our Hats...LOL...Other coworkers are asking to join us tomorrow or whenever we walk, but the jealous people are still standing in the background making their negative comments. I tell them to just call me Ms. Switchie Titchie.....LOL

Going home soon, if I do a workout I will post. Not sure if I am going to workout in the AM, but if I do I will post that one as well.

Deanna

Deanna...your work comments crack me up b/c I think we work with the same people, lol! It really helps to know that I'm not the only one with "interesting" co-workers! Did you go walking at work today??

Good evening ladies !!!

well... today was not a good day on my program.... but... a good day overall :p

I blew my diet (you don't want to know... trust me.. you don't)... I didn't exercise... and I just could not get motivated at all. sigh...

However.... around noon... I had a talk with myself and said to myself... "okay.. you aren't going to stick to healthy food and you aren't going to exercise, but you can't let this whole day be a complete waste."

soooooooooo.... I started cleaning out closets and drawers and cupboards and boxes and baskets... lol. It is fall..... time for some fall cleaning.... time to do some decluttering and cleaning out. I started throwing stuff away and making a pile of stuff to donate. It felt great. I do this once a year and it is very refreshing !!!

So not a total waste of the day.. in fact.. it felt pretty darn good.

But tomorrow it's back on the program !!!!

Progress, NOT perfection.

See y'all in the morning.... Have a great evening !!!

Well, major bummer, I rolled over in bed this morning to turn off the alarm and Wham! Vertigo! I've had vertigo for a few years and this motion is what usually sets it off. I'm hoping it'll pass, but it's so unpredictable. Last time I had it for well over a week and could not workout at all, I had trouble just bending over to tie my shoes or to look over my shoulder in the car to back out of parking spaces :( :(

I'll finish my coffee and probably just walk on the treadmill or ride the bike. Today is a long day at work, vertigo will make it longer!

I've got to get my eating back under control. MY IBS has been a mess. I havent eaten anything that horrific, alot of pretzels and granola bars, but things like that, or too many of those types of carbs in general, give me some major bloat and GI issues. Today was weigh in but I didnt want to see the damage today, I was afraid that bloat/PMS would "inflate" the number a bit too much and I'd be too bummed out.

Sorry for the sour grapes this morning.

I WILL make PROGRESS today!

Check back later...

I DO NOT WANT TO WORKOUT THIS MORNING!

Beginner Rotation schedule list Abs and stretching. I HATE WORKING MY ABS!

oh dear..... sounds like we are all in a slump... me included :rolleyes:

Stacy - sending lots of hugs your way. I had a friend who suffered from vertigo and it was awful. Be very careful please.... we want you to stay safe. I am worried about you on a treadmill while suffering from vertigo.

Deanna - I hear ya.... I hate doing abs and I've been slacking off in that department. sigh..

Yesterday was such a disaster for me on the program. And I'm not feeling motivated this morning either. I was hoping for a burst of motivation and enthusiam... but it ain't there.

sooooooooooo... I am going to force myself to get out of this chair, head to the living room, put in a Cathe DVD and just do it !!!

I shall report back when I've finished my workout. Not sure what I'm going to do.. but I shall do a Cathe DVD of some kind... lol

Hang in there team. This too shall pass.

Progress, NOT perfection !!!!

We CAN do it.. we ARE doing it !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK TROOPS, ATTENTION!!!

JUST DO IT!!!

We need to rally and pull each other out of our collective slump even if we have to fake like we're enjoying it, hehe!

Ok, I took some allergy meds which often help my vertigo but can make me drowsy and I did Cathe's Low Impact Circuit's Cardio and Upper Body premix and I did everything but the last cardio add-on (more b/c I'd be late for work!) and No vertigo!!

SOOOOOOOO.....I cant be tortured all by myself this morning!!

Susan.......do your workout!!

Deanna....do your abs!!

I expect a good report from you two when I check in after work tonight!! ;)

(Ok, how was my drill sergeant routine?? :) )

Hoping to get us all out of Slumpville!!!!!!

Okay Stacy, I got up and did the 2nd workout of Core Max (Stability Ball). I have never done that workout before, I normally do the 1st workout (No Equipment). I enjoy working out of the Stability Ball, it engages the Core due to the balancing.

I have my shoes in the Truck so that I can walk at work. I am planning on doing Yoga this evening. My son wants me to do Insanity with him, which is not going to happen. Yes I asked him for it for my birthday, but that is to much for me. I do not want to hurt myself!

Okay time to get ready for work, will check in later.

Deanna

PS: 9:30am PST Walked 1 Mile with coworker.

OK TROOPS, ATTENTION!!!

JUST DO IT!!!

We need to rally and pull each other out of our collective slump even if we have to fake like we're enjoying it, hehe!

Ok, I took some allergy meds which often help my vertigo but can make me drowsy and I did Cathe's Low Impact Circuit's Cardio and Upper Body premix and I did everything but the last cardio add-on (more b/c I'd be late for work!) and No vertigo!!

SOOOOOOOO.....I cant be tortured all by myself this morning!!

Susan.......do your workout!!

Deanna....do your abs!!

I expect a good report from you two when I check in after work tonight!! ;)

(Ok, how was my drill sergeant routine?? :) )

Hoping to get us all out of Slumpville!!!!!!

Last edited:
Good for you Deanna!! I really enjoy doing abs on the stability ball. I often will do a "normal" ab workout on the stability ball even when the instructor isnt!

My dinner wasnt stellar, fish & chips, but had a banana for breakast and yogurt for lunch and passed up the cake at work!

Onward and Upward!

Susan....how are you??

FnV....hanging in there???

Hey Ladies, evening check in.

Core Max this morning on Stability Ball before work.
Walked 1 Mile with co-worker 9:30am
Buffet Lunch with co-workers. I had a big salad and a few other items.
30 or 40 min Insanity workout with son after this evening.

Poor son, he was not able to keep up with the dvd or me, he was falling out on the floor.....LOL I kept telling him, you are going to let your dear old mother do better than you on this workout. LOL.. Of course I was modifying the workout to fit me and if I was to tired to do what they were doing I just kept moving. :)

Tomorrow is Body Fusion on the Beginner Rotation, all I can say is we will see....LOL

Good night Ladies, I am going to log this workout in the Workout manager, take a shower and call it a night. See yall in the AM.

Deanna......OUT.....LOL

Morning Ladies TGIF

I am not working out this mornig. My Abs & Shoulders are sore I do not want to move! It was that darn Insanity that has my Shoulders and Core Max on the Stability Ball that got my stomach. I am going to do 1 Mile with my coworker at 9:30am PST. However it all depends on how I feel this evening which will determine if I will workout and if so probably Yoga or Stretch Max. :)

Deanna

From Leanne

Thank you all for you help, especially Deanna and Susan.

Sorry, I could not get back to you earlier. I am still trying to figure out the answers in Downloads Forum, but I have done a few of the workouts in the meantime. I can hardly walk or sit, but I sleep well.:eek:

Leanne

Good morning ladies !!!

Deanna - you really kicked it yesterday. Wow !!! Way to go girl.

Drill Sergeant Stacy - thanks for the great effort, but it didn't work.... not your fault.. you tried. I just could not get motivated.... neither to work out nor to eat right. I don't know what's wrong with me the last 2 days. I was going strong Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. It's not physical, it's mental. Can't seem to get my enthusiasm to kick in... sigh... This too shall pass... it's just a phase.

Leanne - good to hear from you. I hope you get the Download Manager issued resolved. Glad you have done a few of the workouts. It won't be long before you'll think the first few workouts are easy... lol. In the meantime, power through them !!

FnV - I hope you are okay. Sending lots of hugs your way.

okay my friends.... I shall do better today. I am going to force myself to make progress today, even if I have no enthusiasm for it.

I'll report back later.

Progress, NOT perfection.... I need to keep reminding myself of that.

Deanna - we need our water reminders please :D I do much better with my water consumption when I hear you whispering in my ear... drink your water ... drink your water...

I do think that dehydration leads to fatigue....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.