Basic/Intermediate/Advanced 12 Week Rotation

I just wanted to add my two-cents thank you to the list. As you can see, we appreciate your time and efforts. Thanks so much.

Murph

Hi Debbie,

Do you think it is possible to the this rotation while resting one day a week and shift things accordingly? Thanks so much.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for this rotation! It should get me back on track and ready for STS.

One question: Need a replacement for Step Heat (wk 1). I don't have these "Classics".
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Heidi

well it seems like a solution. . albeit an expensive one.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for this rotation! It should get me back on track and ready for STS.

One question: Need a replacement for Step Heat (wk 1). I don't have these "Classics".
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Heidi

Order the calendar then use the discount to buy that dvd. :)

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your reply. The length is about the same but the comlexity is over the top! Wish me luck! :)

First Day of the 12 wk challenge: Body Fusion (I really enjoyed this! It was a nice break from yesterday's PUB which I have DOMS from today. I only did the pyramid up premix too!)

Heidi

Hi eraslan and anyone that is following this rotation,

Who is following this rotation right now? What week are you on and how is it going for you? Is there a check-in somewhere on the Forum?

I am following this rotation and it is going pretty well. I have been mixing it up a bit to fit with my ever changing schedule. I also have to switch step days that are in a row to running instead. Doing two step days in a row just makes my knees tender.

Today I did:
TBS
iCycle #21 intervals

I was suppose to do TBS yesterday but was not able to get to it. Today was a step day but opted for a 35min. cardio bike workout instead. I hope to do an iTread #21 run later this evening.

Debbie, thank you again for such a great rotation mix!

Heidi

Hi Heidi,

I did not get a chance to start on this rotation yet because my schedule is completely full on Mondays right now, and given that the rest days are not once a week in the rotation, I couldn't find a way to avoid Mondays altogether. My schedule is getting lighter soon and so I will start this from the end of week 6 next weekend. Looking forward to it. Thanks again Debbie.

Hello eraslan,

I have had to modify this rotation quite a bit to fit with my very busy schedule. You don't have to start on a monday. I have filled in my calendar with the workouts and move them up or back depending on the day. Maybe you could use monday as your rest day if it is just too busy . I have choosen sunday for my rest day.
I am currently between weeks 3 and 4 of this rotation.

My schedule for the next couple of days and next week looks like this:
Fri: Super Sets
Sat: 50-60min cardio or LowMax
Sun: rest
Mon: High Step Circuit
Tues: 50-60min cardio or Rhythmic Step (nervous about this one because I haven't done it yet :) )
Weds: Muscle Max
Thurs: Low Max (Love this one!)
Fri: Body Fusion or other circuit workout
Sat: A good long stretch out!
Sun: rest

Have fun with your workouts next weekend!
Heidi

Thanks Heidi. I don't have Low Max, I guess I should get that too.

I understand how you feel about Rhytmic Step. I could not do this tape without practice. So for the last two weeks, I had been practicing the segments one at a time after my regular cardio work. That's another reason I did not want to jump into this rotation--there are many tapes I am not familiar yet.

About the rest days, my problem is that I did not want to take two rest days in a row. But then (for example) one of week 4 day 7 and week 5 day 4 had to clash with a Monday. These are both in between strength/circuit workouts so I could not eliminate them either.

Your plans look great. Enjoy the workouts.

This rotation looks really good! I have a lot of the dvds and between those, I have enough to fill in the blanks that I don't have. I think this is a wonderful way to get back in shape after an absence or an injury or whatever. Thanks for sharing it.

I created (and shared) this rotation in Cathe's Workout Manager. Since each rotation can only be 4 weeks, I broke it out into Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.

When you go to download a rotation from another user, look for the following rotations:
FitnessFreak BIA - 12 wk - Begin Wks 1-4
FitnessFreak BIA - 12 wk - Inter Wks 5 - 8
FitnessFreak BIA - 12 wk - Adv Wks 9 - 12

BIA stands for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced.

For the rest/stretch days, I randomly chose Stretch Max or Total Body Stretching.

Thanks again.

April

Thanks!

Oh im so happy, I have been looking for a rotation to transition into the advanced. I dont know why i have not seen this one yet!

I have a fractured heel right now but hopefully I will get back into it soon.. I hate sitting, I am going to start doing upper body weights only if i dont get better soon!

I hear i push myself to far but i am 42 i really feel like i need to hurry and lose this weight soon.. I gained 40 pounds in about 5 years after i lost 70 and kept it off for 15 yrs.. I cant beleive i let myself get like this.. again. But i have gotten into the swing and love of exercise again, i have been doing Cathe and other dvd for 6 months or more now and have not lost any weight yet, well i did lose 6 pounds but that was 6 months before working out and i have stalled now.. and i kept running 3 miles and doing Cathe and Now i have fractured my heel. I have osteopnea and i am so worried that my time is running out to get healthy. I am not losing to get "skinny" I want to be healthy and nothing is working so far..

But when i get rested up i am coming at it again and i will start off with week one and do it slow. Heck i have been taking almost a year for 6 pounds i guess i can take it slow again.. Im just frustrated but seeing this rotation looks like it is doable without killing my bones.. Great Thank you thank you I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.