Back to Chicago - Our Next Offsite Road Trip?

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone!
We are looking into booking a destination road trip for 2014! The plan for this trip is to return to Grand Geneva in Wisconsin just outside of Chicago (we referred to this as our Chicago road trip). Why go back to Chicago you ask? First and foremost, Geneva had our highest destination road trip attendance to date and we received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback, so it seemed like an obvious choice to go back there.

Secondly, we have the opportunity to book this trip within a very reasonable time frame. Major 4-star resorts like the Grand Geneva are usually booked 1 to 2 years in advance and it takes several months of back-and-forth negotiations to work out a contract. Since we have already negotiated a contract in the past with the Grand Geneva, drawing up and agreeing to a new contract will be a fairly expedited process, making a 2014 destination road trip possible.

Because so many of you have already asked whether we are planning to have another destination road trip, we’ve already been in contact with the Grand Geneva and we have two possible dates in 2014 that are open for booking.

1. March 27 -30
2. April 3 – 6 ( room costs for these dates will be about $20 more per night than the March Dates)

In order it make this trip possible the cost would be $357 per person payable in three installments of $119. This will include two privately catered dinners at the Grand Geneva. I know this may seem high to some, but believe it or not, each meal at the Grand Geneva costs $100 per person( with taxes and gratuity).

That means that $200 of your fee will go to meals alone. The remainder of the road trip expenses go toward rental of the large fitness room, equipment needed, shipping of supplies, DJ, photographer, bringing our staff, etc. We only share these details with you so that you understand that the price increase is not in greed, but to try to at least cover the extra expenses that are necessary for a destination trip.

So, with this news comes a few questions for all of you:
1) Will these dates work? If so, which date do you prefer?
2) Is the price of $357 per person doable for everyone?

Since we have to guarantee the hotel rooms and food business in our contract we need to make absolutely sure we have enough interest in this event to make it feasible. We would plan on starting earlier on Friday than we usually do to lighten the schedule on Saturday. This way we can reduce the hectic pace and I can spend a little more time getting to meet and talk to all of you!

I hope you can come! I always love our personal one on one bonding time on our road trips!
Cathe

Room Rate?

Hi Cathe,
I'm wondering if you have any idea what the room rate charge might look like? I assume that the $357 is not including the cost of the hotel.....any ball park idea would be great.

And either of those dates sounds good to me.

Thanks

Grand Geneva Room rates

If we go with the March date our group rate is $119 per night. If we go with the April dates the room rates per night is $139. Those of you looking to save some money can always room with other Cathletes.

2014 Road Trip

I like the location but looking to cut the cost as much as possible. Hopping area hotels can give us a cost break. I have never gone to a Cathe road trip but am looking forward to this one.

I would love to go to another Cathe Road Trip. My vote would be for the March dates due to the lower room rates as well.

What exciting news!!!

Staying at another hotel

I like the location but looking to cut the cost as much as possible. Hopping area hotels can give us a cost break. I have never gone to a Cathe road trip but am looking forward to this one.

You're certainly free to stay at another hotel if you prefer, but keep in mind that it's really nice to have a room at the event hotel where you can take a shower and change outfits during the day. Plus, it's nice to mingle with and to get know all of the people attending. The days are pretty action packed and there is not a lot of free time to travel back and forth to an offsite hotel. Instead, a lot of Cathletes get roommates to cut down on the cost of the weekend.

The last Chicago/Lake Geneva Road Trip was a blast! I would love to do it again. I can attend the April dates (but not the March dates).

Michelle

April is the best for me by far.

Warmer weather (slightly?) I will room with someone so the room difference will only be $10. Airfare will be lower in April because Spring Break will be over.

Where do I sign up?!

It's times like this that I wish I lived in driving distance to the mid-west or east coast! I don't think it's going to be in my budget that early in the year -- but if you add another destination trip later on to Las Vegas or San Diego, I could drive and cut costs there. Sounds like a blast though!

Is this in addition to a Glassboro Road Trip? If so, when are the dates for Glassboro?

I am trying to decide which I would attend.

Thanks!

I was at the last chicago trip and had a wonderful time! I would love to do it again but that week (march 28-April 6) is spring break where I live in canada and we have already planned to take the kids to Hawaii!. Any other time and I would love to attend!

I would love to go and possibly drive. If others are in michigan maybe we can carpool. Also would room with others to lessen the cost. I still have to see if it is doable as it is quite a bit of money.

road trip

I only live an hour away from Lake Geneva so this would be SO convenient for me (and my first road trip). I'd only be able to do the April weekend as I have to work the weekend in March.

Is the $357 separate from the hotel room rates of $119? So besides the $357, would we have to pay an additional $119 per night or does the #357 include hotel, etc.? Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.