Are all the workouts in Xtrain going to be new or are you reusing material for some?

Denise R

Cathlete
I ask because I have read other comments from other websites that people are assuming in this series that some footage may be "recycled" for some of the workouts, say for example the Burn Sets workout. Will you be taking already filmed footage from Chest/Back/Shoulders and Bi's/Tri's to create Burn Sets or are you filming each workout on its own?

I've already preordered but was curious if in Xtrain there was going to be any "recycling" of already filmed segments within the workouts? (like STS)

Denise,
who hopes this post makes sense, lol!

I am confused by this question. I haven't gotten the impression from the XT descriptions that these were to be compilations of old DVDs. What makes you think this ???
I think they'll be all new DVDs. Similar to the recent release of the LIS series in that we will receive them packaged together on one box if we are pre-ordering them.

I am confused by this question. I haven't gotten the impression from the XT descriptions that these were to be compilations of old DVDs. What makes you think this ???
I think they'll be all new DVDs. Similar to the recent release of the LIS series in that we will receive them packaged together on one box if we are pre-ordering them.

You know how Cathe recycled different parts in STS, I was wondering if she is doing the same here. I asked because several people over at VF think that some of the workouts will have recycled footage (from within the XT workouts, not taken from other workouts)

Does that make sense?

Denise

Last edited:
Another way to phrase the question might be this:

Will each DVD have unique footage or will segments of footage be used in multiple DVDs?

Shelbygirl

You know how Cathe recycled different parts in STS, I was wondering if she is doing the same here. I asked because several people over at VF think that some of the workouts will have recycled footage.

Does that make sense?

Denise

XTRAIN Footage

All of the ten main programs will have totally unique footage. We will weave different segments from different DVDs into premixes on some of the other DVDs, but not into the original program. We will also film bonus video that will be used in various premixes on several of the DVDs, like our 100 rep challenges.

STS was a different animal. It was a linear periodization workout which was a 40 DVD set that was based on progressive sets each week. This meant that exercises were often repeated and at the time we felt there was no reason to re-film these repeated exercises since they would look exactly the same even if we would have re-filmed them.

What we learned after filming STS was it is way more expensive to edit repeated footage than it would of been to have just filmed them again. So, this is probably not something we would ever do again.

I think you will find XTRAIN to be an exceptional value with over 11 hours of original foootage, numerous premixes, bonus footage and detailed chapter menus.

All of the ten main programs will have totally unique footage. We will weave different segments from different DVDs into premixes on some of the other DVDs, but not into the original program. We will also film bonus video that will be used in various premixes on several of the DVDs, like our 100 rep challenges.

STS was a different animal. It was a linear periodization workout which was a 40 DVD set that was based on progressive sets each week. This meant that exercises were often repeated and at the time we felt there was no reason to re-film these repeated exercises since they would look exactly the same even if we would have re-filmed them.

What we learned after filming STS was it is way more expensive to edit repeated footage than it would of been to have just filmed them again. So, this is probably not something we would ever do again.

I think you will find XTRAIN to be an exceptional value with over 11 hours of original foootage, numerous premixes, bonus footage and detailed chapter menus.

Thanks that is good to know.

The repeat footage in STS didn't bother me. I thought it was saving Cathe money. Now I see that it cost more to reedit. That makes me feel bad. I love STS and am looking forward to XTRAIN. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into creating a workout series. Cathe's team does an excellent job! They've got it down to a science now with all their experience!

The repeat footage in STS didn't bother me. I thought it was saving Cathe money. Now I see that it cost more to reedit. That makes me feel bad. I love STS and am looking forward to XTRAIN. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into creating a workout series. Cathe's team does an excellent job! They've got it down to a science now with all their experience!

I agree! I could never understand why some people seemed bothered by the repeat footage. And the kicker is that some of these same people who loved programs like P90X in which you did the same workouts each week. At least with STS, there were new things added in with the repeats.

jldx2in2000 said:
I agree! I could never understand why some people seemed bothered by the repeat footage. And the kicker is that some of these same people who loved programs like P90X in which you did the same workouts each week. At least with STS, there were new things added in with the repeats.

Same here. I am just looking forward to some more awesome Cathe workouts!

I agree. On top of that I think Tony Horton is boring. I tried p90 oh my gawd I never got threw to second VHS well that's what it was on. The workout was the same it seemed and on top of that no music and his boring voice made want to nap! That's y I love Cathe and crew and I appreciate all the work they put into these series. She is NEVER boring!

I think you will find XTRAIN to be an exceptional value with over 11 hours of original foootage, numerous premixes, bonus footage and detailed chapter menus.[/QUOTE]

I always find Cathe's dvds to be an exceptional value AND investment. I am forever grateful to have found Cathe and appreciate all the hard work she and Chris and crew put in to every project.

[/Quote] I always find Cathe's dvds to be an exceptional value AND investment. I am forever grateful to have found Cathe and appreciate all the hard work she and Chris and crew put in to every project.[/QUOTE]

My husband looks at my Cathe purchases as an investment as well. He likes the results. ;)
He thanks Cathe all the time when he sees me working out or in my bikinii. LOL.

You know how Cathe recycled different parts in STS, I was wondering if she is doing the same here. I asked because several people over at VF think that some of the workouts will have recycled footage (from within the XT workouts, not taken from other workouts)

Does that make sense?

Denise

Some people over at VF (thankfully NOT a member) also like to bash on Cathe for a plethora of reasons, mostly invalid, I think just to find something to do with themselves. Long and the short, I wouldn't hold anything anyone says at VF about Cathe with but a tiny grain of salt. I've done some google searches for DVD info and VF pops up from time to time. What a venomous place.

Back to your original question- I understood what you were saying and I too hope that each segment is original footage and not repeated footage from within the series.

Some people over at VF (thankfully NOT a member) also like to bash on Cathe for a plethora of reasons, mostly invalid, I think just to find something to do with themselves. Long and the short, I wouldn't hold anything anyone says at VF about Cathe with but a tiny grain of salt. I've done some google searches for DVD info and VF pops up from time to time. What a venomous place.

Back to your original question- I understood what you were saying and I too hope that each segment is original footage and not repeated footage from within the series.

Hi,

Who is VF?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.