Anyone turn the heat on yet?

Dela

Cathlete
I'm trying to go without the heat but it's getting cold! The temp in the house is just a little below what we keep the heat at normally, but it seems colder than I remember. I used a space heater in our bedroom last night, maybe I'll pull that into the office.

oh yeah!

We live in Boston and I had to give in and turn it on at the beginning of October...it just about killed me to do it but the house was freezing....good luck!

Yes. DH has been bugging me for weeks and I finally caved. We don't have it constantly running yet, but we've turned it on a couple of times over the past week to warm up the house. It felt good...:)

We live in Boston and I had to give in and turn it on at the beginning of October...it just about killed me to do it but the house was freezing....good luck!

hrcfitness - we live north of Boston. It killed me too, but one day I noticed that it was warmer outside than inside and I caved...

I'm in NJ, I swear we recently had the air conditioning on! Trying out the space heater now. Tomorrow night will be 37 degrees, I think it's almost time to turn that heat on!

Heck ya! The heat's been on for a couple weeks now. It's on low most of the time. Just need something to take the chill out especially in the morning. BRRRR. I hate it when my house is to hot though. I'd rather it be on the colder side then too warm.

Boston for me too.... and let me just say- it was chiiiilllllyyyy this morning. I got up at 530 to walk the dogs and had to bundle up before i went out. At this rate it is going to be a long winter!

I'm jealous since I would LOVE some cool weather. My daughters keep asking when is it going to snow here and I have to tell them it's not likely any time soon :p We're in the Florida Keys, btw.

I live in upstate NY and so far no heat at least from the oil furnace. But for 2 days I lit the woodstove in the bedroom at night. We are south facing with large front windows so as long as it is sunny the main part of the house is warm.

I'm in Phoenix, I don't use the heat at all. I get overheated quickly of course the temps don't drop down as much as the east coast. For me 50 as a high is comfortable.....I need to move....

We don't turn the heat on until November - as late as possible! We still haven't even broken out the portable ceramic heaters yet! Re-insulating the house was the best thing we did!

Typical Fall in Monument CO- run the heat one night, normally no heat- except gas fireplaces in the morning, doors open, sometimes the AC. Getting our first snow next week if the forecast correctly..... it's all chilly willy from there! But, my fam has gotten used to much cooler temps since we moved here 5 years ago. Usually in the upper 60's inside.... unless it's blizzard season!! I LOVE Autumn here!! Will the kids be slippin' and slidin' on the ice while Trick or Treating or perfectly comfy! .... always a guess!!

Pam

Chili today, hot tamale

I'm in the piedmont area of North Carolina....it's been chilly at night and in the morning, but we haven't put the heat on yet. I did put my car seat heater on this morning: my car thermometer read 45 degrees :eek:!

It's gotten chilly here too. I'm near St.Louis. We haven't turned the heat on yet, but the computers are keeping our house hot so it's kinda like having heaters.

I live in South Georgia so no need to put on the heat yet. :) We finally turned off the a/c and have already saved $26 on our electric bill this month. It's been in the 80's during the day but since I'm not home, I leave the a/c off.

Still no - surprisingly!

I'm in Canada and I'm still not finding it bad enough but I'm staying warm under blankets if I do get a chill. I have Raynaud's phenomenon, the second my fingers or toes get cold and I lose circulation, I'm cranking the heat up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.