Anyone not get doms from B&G

I did not get DOMS after doing B&G, surprisingly, as I fully expected it after reading all the scary posts about it! I had a "rest" day the day after doing it, though, so that probably helped.
Paula

Hi:

Nope, not here either. Although I do have to say that the DOMS isn't nearly as bad as it was the first couple of times I did it.

I've been doing the workout 1x/week for about 7 weeks, sometimes doing the Leg blast premix, but mostly just as is.

I keep thinking I need to switch over to another leg workout for awhile, but I'm enjoying the challenge so much, I just can't make myself do something else.

Take care, Lynn M.

okay...I did the timesaver premix yesterday, and I only did TWENTY MINUTES!!! I had an extended lunch break, so I thought, but in the middle, got called back to work and had to shower and go. Let's just say I'm walking funny today, and having a hard time sitting/standing!! I'm afraid for what tomorrow might bring.

I've done this workout about 5 times, and every time it's the same! Yes...we must be masochists, because I love it!!! I went to dinner with some friends tonight and everytime I sit/stand I'm going "ow, ow, ow..." and when I explained they just rolled their eyes :p
Brandi

eta: yes...I repeat, only TWENTY MINUTES!!! :7 :eek:

Does anyone else have to come off the ball for the outer thigh leg lifts where you lean on the ball?

I can't even lift my 2nd leg if I do all the reps of the 1st one on the ball!

I LOVE this workout!

Terri

Best lower body workout I've ever done! I just did it yesterday for the first time and I got through more of it than I thought I would. However, today I'm paying for it. You know it's a good workout when you're doing absolutely nothing and you can feel the soreness in your butt. If you carry your weight in your lower half (like I do), then this is the workout for you.

Terri

I totally hear ya on this one. When I get to the 2nd leg for those lifts it just becomes ridiculously hard. I just did the workout a 2nd time and had less doms but still quite a bit. Also, I do use 8lb weights for all those walking lunges and I believe Cathe uses 5 lbs weights in the video.

did B&G for the first time Friday (well, I did about 30 minutes - the standing leg work). OMG!!!! Today is the first day that I can walk DOWN stairs and not say "ouch" with every move!!! I could feel it coming half way through the workout. (I, too, didn't do all the reps on some of the exercises).

Hey - just wanted you to know I have been sore 3 days in a row too and to make you feel better - the standing leg work is the hardest! I just kept pushing through it one exercise at a time. I say OMG on my Cathe calendar for that one! ha ha.

Maybe we should do this once/week!! to see results, eh??

Here's to good-fitting jeans!!:7 :9

I can't believe I passed up L&G last week to do this workout a second time. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon phase with this workout.

I got DOMS the first time I did the leg blast premix and a bit of DOMS the first time I did the main workout. My body has adjusted to this workout and I no longer get DOMS. I now get an effective workout without the soreness :) and I have noticed some nice results where I really needed them. I take advantage of the ending stretch to work out the stiffness. I think Cathe did a great job with the stretch sections of the new workouts.

jordan

I wouldn't recommend pushing yourself through every rep if you feel like you are about to cramp up and fall over. It's not good. Take a rest when you need it. You will build endurance over time. I know I skipped a few reps in there for some additional recovery time.

I always get DOMS from this workout. I love it. I must say this is a great lower body workout!!! If you can't reshape with this nothing else will do it.

I am another one who loves this workout, but the curious thing is that I haven't really experienced DOMS with this one, but when I went back to do PLB, THEN I did:eek: What's with that?

I actually think Butts and Guts is easy. It is a great workout, but I think Legs and Glutes and Leaner Legs are more difficult for me.

The ab section in Butts and Guts, while good, is not as challenging as I had hoped.

I have a very strong lower body, but my upper body strength is not good at all. Two words I loathe: Push Ups. In any form, I hate them.

I at times have to modify push ups and it makes me very angry.

Also, I can't do tricep push ups and get all the way down like Cathe and the cast!

I just did this one last night and can I say again how much I LUV this workout. It is so fun and challenging in a completely different way from Cathe's usual. I find I have to really concentrate and squeeze the necessary areas. Anway, no I didn't get DOMS...my lower body, butt, and hamstrings started talking to me IMMEDIATELY last night and they are still doing a little bit of talking this a.m.!
Angela:7

*whispers* i think her other leg wokouts are worse/more intense than b&g

*hiding*

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I thought that it was easier than L&G until I got to the floor work,WOW.Can't wait to do it again
Suzette

I did the 65 min. pre-mix today and it was tough but doable... I was burning that's for sure.... I couldn't do the second round os butt at the end... now way!!

Then I did the Bonus Abs workout on ball and it was fabulous.... I really really liked it!! This workout is awesome!!!!!!!

Actually I'm gonna start doing the November rotation starting tomorrow as I got all my new Cathe's :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.