anyone care to share results?

ms71069

Cathlete
I'm just reading through all the posts about STS and really want this one bad!:(

Would anyone like to share results that you're seeing? I'm really looking to tighten up my lower half and I think these workouts are what I need!!

I've been reading posts about how people are responding physically to STS, but it is hard for me to look in the mirror and say 'Oh, I see more muscle' because part of me thinks that I'm just looking for more muscle. So last night I decided to ask my husband if he has seen any noticeable changes, and he said that he has most definitely seen a change in my body, especially my lower body.

My lower body is most definitely my trouble zone, so this was music to my ears. But he also mentioned that he could see it through my abs (which I didn't expect) and my arms as well. I've been really watching what I eat since starting the program, and I'm down a couple of jeans sizes as well!! But, for me, the most important result I've felt since starting STS is in how I feel. I feel strong, fit, healthy and excited to be working out everyday. In other words, I'm absolutely loving this program and the impact it is having on me.

I hope you get the opportunity to get STS because it really is a great program.

Thanks for the response, and congratulations on the results, both mentally and physically!:D

I had preordered STS and then cancelled, partly due to $$ and also because I wasn't sure that this was where I wanted to "go" right now. After reading all the posts I am so disappointed that I just didn't stick with it from the beginning!

I'm getting it for my birthday in July, and may even ask for it a tad bit early so I can get started ASAP!!!;)

I lost 4 lbs and 1 inch off my waist by end of meso 1 and had not really cleaned up my diet, I just cut out the beer. Now I"m motivated to clean up my eating and see even more results by end of meso 2!
I think its important though not to get hung up on scale weight, weight can change daily (and make or break my day) so I"m trying my best not to weigh very often and rely more on how my clothes fit and a tape measure. I would like to get my body fat tested with calipers but don't want to pass out when I actually see my BF %!

My clothes are fitting looser on me since I started STS.

I really didn't think I would see any results until the 3rd week, but my husband has noticed since week one. It seems like every day he's pointing to some part of my body and saying, "wow, look at those muscles on your legs!" or "look at those arms!" or "look at those abs!" or "you got a perky butt!" (all the while pointing & touching that part of my body). The other day I had to finally tell him (playfully, of course), "quit touching me!"

I'm glad he notices, but I've gotten the most response from him with STS; more than any other strenth training workout I've done in the past 15 years.

Fay

Although I do not believe I have lost any weight, I know that my body has changed.:D
From all the pushups in meso 1 my chest is popping like crazy and everything else is really tightening up. The great part is that this in the endurance phase. I have not even gotten to the muscle building yet.
Another thing that I have noticed is that I am building strength. I have lifted now for at least 4 years. Always going pretty heavy but generally the same type of program. Three sets 8 to 12 reps and somtimes 12,10 8 6, but never saw much gain in strength.
This has been a reall eye opener to me. I never thought this type of training would help gain strength so quickly. But I am noticing that things that I normally could not do are coming easier now. ie levitation holds and the crocodile in the yoga abs. Or should I say a graceful crocodile and levitation hold.;)
Rachel

Just wondering, if anybody comes back to read this, if you've found that you needed to buy a lot of additional equipment.

My major hesitancy with this program was not having heavy-enough weights, or a pull-up bar, or a squat rack, etc. And while I know that it's been said you don't need the "extras," has anyone found that, really, you do???

My dumbbells are plate loaded. I have to buy more 1.25 and 2.5 plates. Changing weight amount during Meso 1 is a PITA!!. Not enough time between sets.
I've lost only 2.5 pounds but I'm losing inches on waist, hips and thighs and my body looks and feels smaller. Clothes are fitting better and my size 2 work pants are getting loose. One pair feels like they could fall off!!! And I have noticed increased strength.
I'm also using the nutrition software and I'm eating better. Love this system!!

Last edited:
I am only on disk 6 so far and I haven't lost any weight yet but that probably has something to do with my less than clean eating in the last week or so. HOWEVER, I've already noticed more definition in my upper body and in particular my lats and shoulders. I am definitely optimistic and looking forward to what STS brings as I continue on. From what I've seen, it is an excellent, well rounded program and it definitely challenges your body in new ways especially when you use the right (heavy enough) weight.

Regarding the extra equipment, I think that all depends on what you have. I have all of Cathe's workouts, so I have all of the equipment that is needed for her workouts. So the only thing I really needed to buy was resistance tubing for the chin-up/pull-up option. But I had the ankle/wrist weights (which I use to help with my weight increments), the resistance bands, the steps and benches, the stability ball and all the weights necessary. I even had paper plates lying around the house! So if you are already well-equipped, you may not have to purchase a thing.

Regarding the weights specifically, to give you an idea what you might need depending on your strength, I have weights from 3lbs to 35lbs (dumbbells) and do all of my weight workout with dumbbells. I may need to do something to get a dumbbell up to 40lbs for later on in the series (for rows and such), but I'm waiting to see if that is necessary. I may also purchase a weighted vest for later in the series, but I'm waiting on that as well to see if it is necessary. But the set of weights I currently have are the same weights I've needed for other Cathe programs (I use two 35lb dumbbells for legs in S&H), so, again what you may need all depends on what you can lift and what you have available.

But don't let the equipment scare you off these DVDs. Chances are even if you do need heavier weights for the latter mesocycles, you can probably do mesocycle 1 with what you have (since it is endurance based). And I firmly believe that everything and anything can be modified and still be effective, so if you need to do dumbbell rows (as an example) because you don't have resistance tubing or a chin-up bar, you are still going to be working your muscles. And that's good!

ms71069, I'm thinking you should move your birthday from July to April and buy these puppies now! :)

Thanks, CLango, for your reply and all the equipment info. I do already have ALL the "Cathe standards" so reading your post did make me feel a lot better about future purchases!
And you're right...an April birthday is sounding mighty good right now. I'm turning 40 (yikes!!!) in July and I really was thinking I could start on April
10th, do the three-month rotation, and be 40, fit and fabulous by my birthday on July 10th! :D

Regarding the extra equipment, I think that all
depends on what you have. I have all of Cathe's workouts, so I have all of the equipment that is needed for her workouts. So the only thing I really needed to buy was resistance tubing for the chin-up/pull-up option. But I had the ankle/wrist weights (which I use to help with my weight increments), the resistance bands, the steps and benches, the stability ball and all the weights necessary. I even had paper plates lying around the house! So if you are already well-equipped, you may not have to purchase a thing.

Regarding the weights specifically, to give you an idea what you might need depending on your strength, I have weights from 3lbs to 35lbs (dumbbells) and do all of my weight workout with dumbbells. I may need to do something to get a dumbbell up to 40lbs for later on in the series (for rows and such), but I'm waiting to see if that is necessary. I may also purchase a weighted vest for later in the series, but I'm waiting on that as well to see if it is necessary. But the set of weights I currently have are the same weights I've needed for other Cathe programs (I use two 35lb dumbbells for legs in S&H), so, again what you may need all depends on what you can lift and what you have available.

But don't let the equipment scare you off these DVDs. Chances are even if you do need heavier weights for the latter mesocycles, you can probably do mesocycle 1 with what you have (since it is endurance based). And I firmly believe that everything and anything can be modified and still be effective, so if you need to do dumbbell rows (as an example) because you don't have resistance tubing or a chin-up bar, you are still going to be working your muscles. And that's good!

ms71069, I'm thinking you should move your birthday from July to April and buy these puppies now! :)

You go girl!

Sounds like a great plan - fit and fab at 40!! I'm going to be 47 on July 14...and I've booked my first Road Trip!

As far as needing equipment, I only have up to 20 lb. dumbbells but really think I'm going to be buying 25's next week:cool: I also have a barbell (went as high as 62 lbs with deadlifts/barbell rows..ugh) and little barbells that I have taken up to about 23 lbs. a piece (wide stance deadlifts), but I really just want 25's....then 30's... Oh well, it's probably all I ever spend my money on is workout equipment, workout clothes...and a little wine now and then!:p

Cant be all that bad! We could have a really bad habit or something! ha ha.

Thanks, CLango, for your reply and all the equipment info. I do already have ALL the "Cathe standards" so reading your post did make me feel a lot better about future purchases!
And you're right...an April birthday is sounding mighty good right now. I'm turning 40 (yikes!!!) in July and I really was thinking I could start on April
10th, do the three-month rotation, and be 40, fit and fabulous by my birthday on July 10th! :D

I'm losing weight very slowly but gaining muscle a little faster to my surprise. I can feel it under my flab.

I'm thinking adding more cardio up to three or four times a week to see more weight loss. In theory I should lose the weight faster. We'll see. I'm already eating clean.

Love the STS series. Can't get better than that.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I have been trying for months to lost an additional 10 lbs. I am always between 125 & 130, but as of today, I weighed in at 120. Since starting STS on Feb 2nd, I have drop 8 lbs abd have some noticeable definition in my arms. I am so excited about my results.

Last edited:
I lost 6 inches in the first 4 weeks!

Hubby and I are doing the program for 6 months. I'm taking measurements every 4 weeks. I was pleased to report 2 inches lost from my waist, 1 from hips, 1 from chest, and 2 from the thighs. I will be taking my measurements again next Sunday and can't wait to see if I've lost any more!!! I am LOVING STS!!!! :)

P.S. We are in week 7 now of the 6 month rotation, doing each week twice. We are looking forward to getting into Meso 2.

Denise

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.