Any Other Mature Women Enjoying Sex a Bit More than Usual?

RE: Any Other Mature Women Enjoying Sex a Bit More than...

Am I missing something? How do you tell how many views there are?

Margie

P.S. I turn 40 in March and hope I start feeling the way you all are!}(

Margie,
it's a column next to the column that shows the number of replies. You don't see it?

I, for one, am enjoying reading this. Even though I have nothing to add!!:)

You GO Ladies!!!

Janice

Oh....that's where it is. I always click on "read new" and by-pass that page.

Thanks!

Margie

So it's true we hit our sexual prime in our forties! I have no libido but it's most likely due to the anite-depressant I am on and I will be mentioning it to my doctor at my physical on Tuesday because we can and should enjoy great sex in our forties!

I am inspired by the idea of the bath and the massage and I should jump my poor husband to make up for this dry spell! Wouldn't kill me to fake it a little while I figure out how to deal the the sexual side effects of my meds! LOL! Maybe I can get a jump start!

Good for you, Heather! Sexual and emotional maturity means a long happy marriage!
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/coollook.gif Bobbi

I'm 46 and I have ALWAYS enjoyed sex!! LOL!! My libido has never been an issue. I don't know if it has anything to do with your working out or not, but I'm sure it helps!! It's nice to read your post!! Enjoy, and know you are DEFINITELY "normal"!!

Carol
:)

Hey, Bobbi, what anti-depressant are you taking? I'm taking Effexor. I wonder if that's my problem, too??? Oh, good grief, is that ever going to be embarrassing to mention to the doctor! Oh, well, the results are worth the embarrassment.

Shari

Bobbi-
I mentioned it to my new, very young, gynecologist last year and I was very upset when she told me that it "must be my age" and I would have to get used to not having a libido. I'm not going back to her. I guess that bitch thinks that 47-yr. old women are old ladies who should give up on life because we've reached the end of the line or something. I was upset for weeks after I saw her. I doubt you'll have such an experience though when you mention it to your doctor, but just wanted to warn you about what happened to me...:(

I had a milder bout with depression in 2001 and I used Paxil which was quite devastating to the sex drive. We tried Effexor because it is a newer one and more libido freindly but everyone is different. It is actually my husband who thinks it's the Effexor although I have had such dreadful sleep issues that I know that that's a factor. My doctor is very open and a great listener too. She knows how imprtant sex is to a mariage and as I always say there's no reason to make my husband depressed too! I have given this a full 4 months so I will see what she has to say!

It sure would be nice if they could find a drug for depression that didn't ruin your libido! I feel fortunate that I haven't had to take any drugs for depression. I know many people that do though. We could probably start a new thread..:)...this has been an interesting topic and I've enjoyed reading the posts...now where is my husband?...:)...Carole

Yes it would, considering I end up on them every few years. Mostly I try to manage that side of me with exercise and diet but it doesn't always work. I read that ginko biloba at 240 mgs per day helps but I want to check with my doc and docs often don't have a clue about natural remedies! I am having a physical today and my bloodwork came back normal. She wanted to check my thyroid to see if it was the culprit. I am gald actually that it's fine and I will deal with this I am sure!

Carole, does your husband have an ear to ear smile he can't quite wipe off his face? I know my husband gets very happy when I chase him down!

I remember another natural remedy St Johns Wort. I did take it a few years ago right before my Dad passed away. It did help during the greiving. I've taken it a few times since then. I also am not sure about any new info about it. I do hope you can get the answers that you need. I use exercise to help also, although it has been a bit depressing that I haven't been able to run due to my achilles. But Cathe's workouts and these boards do help. Alot of caring people here..:)..and yes My hubby has been very happy since I got into my 40's!. Who would've thought!..:)...Carole

I have read that St. John's is good for mild depression too. Mine tends to get into the severe category. You know high highs and low,low lows! No in between for me! The ginko is supposed to help with sexual side effects from SSRI's and not the depression itself. There are two SSRI's Zyban and Serzone which are supposed to be milder when it comes to lack of libido.

When I couldn't run anymore, I spiralled badly! It not only gave me endorphins but time to think and it mellowed my high strung nature out nicely too! And boy, do you take your feet for granted until they poop out on you! High intenisty exercise is so wonderful. My resting heart rate has always been low and I need to go hard to kick it up. When I had my foot surgery the recovery nurses were getting into a tizzy becasue my heart rate was around 38 beats per minute. They made me drink soda with caffiene which I never do! I have been doing very well with heavy strength training and more moderate cardio but I do miss really hard cardio!

It's unfortunate that a guy's sex drive peaks so early and ours tend to peak much later. I've recently noticed a renewed interest (I'm 37) that I've chalked up to a number of things including improved health and improved physical shape - feeling better about my body definitely helped me. However, my husband who's 41 is definitely not nearly as interested as he used to be.

We saw a trailer for a movie recently where George Clooney is going after Catherine Zeta-Jones in an elevator. He looks like he's going to devour her. I leaned over and asked my husband, "How come you don't ever kiss me like that?" With a totally straight face, he said, "I used to." I had to laugh at his honesty!

Ok, now, we are moving on to our husbands sex drive. Well, my husband told me last night that this Christmas Holiday was the best he had ever had due to my change over the last couple of weeks. (Remember, I am the one who started this crazy thread.) He is going to be 48 in June. He has always had a "great" sex drive. He comes from a family of 18 children--so he inherited some good genes for sex. He says we are behaving now like when we were first married--before the kids began arriving. He is EXTREMELY happy about my improved interest in sex. At first he was a bit frightened by my behavior because I was never this way even when we were first married.
After reading everyones posts I think my increased friskiness could be attributed to a variety of things happening around the same time: I finally quit nursing my youngest(I have been nursing babies for over 19 years--not continuously of course), we have both decided after having 2 miscarraiges in 2003--for a total of 4 miscarraiges out of 10 pregnancies-- that we will not be having any more children, my fitness level has improved greatly--I feel really good about my body--at least most of it--thanks to Cathe and her workouts, I have come to the conclusion that this is the life I have been given and I don't want to waste a moment of it--this is not a dress rehearsal, I have stopped thinking about what I don't like about myself, my kids, my husband, my life and I have begun concentrating on what I do like and how I can make things better with the resources I have.
I began working out with Cathe a little over a year ago and I can honestly say I don't know how I functioned before Cathe.
I am in the best shape of my life--physically,mentally, and spiritually thanks to Cathe and all of you on these forums.
When you hit 40 and realize your life is probably half over you can either enjoy the rest and make the most of it or just quit and figure the best years are behind you.
I am going to enjoy every minute I have left and hopefully help those I come into contact with enjoy theirs, too!
Well, I have rambled long enough.
Have your best day ever!
Motherofsix
Heather
ps. I feel bad that I have neglected my husband for so many years and he has never complained. He is an awesome lover--I can honestly only remember one time over the last 20 years that I did not "feel terrific" during our lovemaking. And I was just too worn out to continue--so that does not really count. He always puts my needs first. I have alot of work ahead of me to make up for the years I have neglected him. But I will do my best! Never give up--Never surrender!

While this hasn't been true lately becausee of the side effects, I realized a long time ago that keeping your fellow happy sexually really mellows him out. And not being in the mood is sort of silly because it doesn't really take that much time to satisfy him!LOL! When I make the first move, he is ecstatic and it takes no effort except to put out of my head the ten million mundane things that cloud it. We started getting really playful a few years ago and I think you are right. It's easier when the kids get older and while they declare they are being scarred for life when we flirt and kiss, I know they know what a healthy marriage looks like! He still mkakes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world after a lot of years together and that is a gift! So, here, here, Heather, mother of six. And thanks for reminding me!

I couldn't agree more, Bobbi. He is so much more fun to be around these days. He has more patience with both me and the kids and I feel so much less stress when he is this way. We have even begun to run together--he used to run 10 miles a day back in his twenties. We are using the Couch to 5K Running Plan that someone gave a link for at Coolrunning.com . I want to be able to run for 30 minutes 3 times a week by the time we visit my friend in Abilene,TX during Spring break. That way I won't have to carry my step,weights,dvds--you get the picture. Plus I am hoping to loose some of my butt and thighs by running.
As for the kids and what they see, I hope they realize that we love each other and that this is all part of a healthy marraige. I have seen my mother and father kiss each other only once in the 54 years they have been married. So this is all new to me, but I really like it. If this is a dream I wish to never wake up.
Motherofsix
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.