Any Cathe beginners?

Checking in with week 3 of STS completed and MMA: Boxing with Stretch Max #1 today completed today. I can't believe I only have one more week and Mesocycle 1 is done. It seems like I just started. And I'm so incredibly sore from that legs workout...2 days later!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hey Gang,
I did butts & guts this morning- all I can say is, "ouch." I got through the standing legs, and maybe 1/3 through the floorwork before I fast forwarded to the stretch- I was dying on the floor- could do no more- and didn't get to the ab part. I think the next time I schedule this one, I'll pick floor or standing legs and add the abs- not both!! I did pyramid upper body on Thursday, Cardio & Weights on Friday- and this morning my arms, chest and back were in some serious ache. Tomorrow morning won't be pretty! I'm scheduled for Core Max, but if I am seriously hurting, I may just do a kind stretch w/o!

My scale broke again, that can't be a bad thing. It may force me to behave better on WW until my next weigh in on Thursday

Nancy- you make STS look do-able, I'm really giving that one a second look. I got the STS user's guide to ponder for a while- How to you like MMA Boxing? Do you have all the Shock cardio workouts? Which is your favorite? I'm considering another download...hmmm...

It's so hard to get back to work!:( I had a great weekend but now it's back to the grind.

I did not exercise at all since last week and i fell yesterday and hurt my leg!:eek: I also had a booster vaccination shot on Thursday and my arm has been so sore and irritated since then.

I lost track of my ww points so i hope i did not do too much damage. I'm going to try and not stress about it too much. I had a great weekend and enjoyed myself but i'm back on track today.

I have no plans to workout today but i'm looking forward to doing some yoga as soon as everything stops hurting.

Bridget: Great to see you are getting out of your slump! B&G is a hard one!

Phoenix: Congrats on completing STS week 3! Look how far you've come since this check-in started!:)

Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie at this and must have posted at the wrong site. I just started the sts 3 month rotation on my 2nd week! I do feel stronger this week and loving it!

I checked my weight on Sunday and sad to say I haven't lost anything.... grrr...
I was wondering how long it took everyone to notice any weightloss?
I eat very well and workout 6 times a week... so happy Sunday came cause my legs felt like someone ran over them with a truck!! All good very happy with the program so far .. Would love too be a part of the group to get wonderful adivce :)

Hey all! It's been about a week since I last posted. Since then I have been keeping up with my lunch walks and have incorporated more jogging into the walk so that it is about 50-50. About killed myself several times, but I find the longer I keep up with the jogging, the faster I am able to recover . . . then the weekend comes and I don't jog so I always start back at square one. Since I have been able to swim (pools around here close once school starts) I have been riding my bike in the evenings to my parents house, so with any luck I will see a significant weight loss this coming Saturday in time for my niece's wedding on the Labor Day weekend.

Nancy: Great job on finishing week 3 of STS! It is hard to believe you are almost finished with Meso 1--how much difference do you see in your weight and your strength? I really need to find the bucks to buy STS, but all I'm interested in is Meso 1.

Bridget: Great job on all of your workouts this week! Looks like you are back into the swing of things after your "slump" - Good for you!!

Elle: Glad to hear you had a great weekend getaway, but sorry you hurt yourself when you fell, not to mention that damn shot! I hate getting shots, my arms always seem to hurt after. Hopefully, you will heal soon and can jump right back in where you left off!

Ketros: Welcome to the group! What is your real name so we don't have to use your screen name? All I can say is that I went through a period of time where I worked out and it seemed like I just wasn't loosing anything and I got discouraged! After posting on this blog, I was encouraged to keep up the work and I would eventually see the weight start to come off. In good time, I started to lose the weight. I think one of the biggest things it to NOT WORRY about losing weight. When your body is ready to let it go, it will. I find if I worry or obsess about losing weight, when I weigh, I usually don't lose anything. So, just relax, have fun, don't get discouraged and keep checking in here because these are some of the best friends you will ever have when it comes to motivating yourself!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is cardio day for me MMA Kickboxing and Ab work!

Being new too this I will share a little about myself and the reason for my new found love of working out!

I am 41 I had 2 surgerys this past year.. about 6 months apart. I fell down the stairs hurt my shoulder (frozen shoulder):eek: ... recovered that surgery and physical therapy... started feeling sick:( ended up having endormetrios and another surgery:( .. I feel great now and I am taking no hormone replacement at all.. :D
I am weak in the left arm that i had surgery in and my Abs need to get strong again.
I started with Sts program and I am loving it:D

jatbdp: Thank you .. I think I was a little too excited about see a weightloss differnce too soon.. I do notice a difference in my clothing and although the scales say one thing :p my clothing is say's it all:D

Have a wonderful day everyone!:D
Tracie

Good morning,
My arm is feeling much better and the leg is still a little tender. I tried to stretch it a little last night and rubbed in some tiger balm. It's starting to feel better.

Jennifer: Great job on the 50/50 walk/jog combo! I have never been able to work myself up to running. I really don't enjoy it even though i know it's excellent exercise so i don't force myself to do it anymore.

Ketros: Welcome to the group! You will find a lot of encouragement and support here. When i first started checking-in with this group i was very frustrated that i was exercising but the scale wasn't moving. I thought i was eating well but then i decided to join weight watchers and i realized that i was eating way too much. For me, weight watchers has been working since i don't feel deprived of anything and i am now more aware of what i'm putting in my mouth. I find writing everything i eat down has been very helpful too.

Have a great day everyone.

Hey Gang
It is 3 days since I did Butts & Gutts and my tush is still on fire! I can walk, I just feel it intensely...I did Low Max yesterday, and that felt good- took today off. Tomorrow, I plan on doing 4day split lower intensity step. I am liking the 4day splits- I may download the whole set. I start back to school after labor day and need something less intense but effective. I may break up the workouts to 30 minute sections. I am looking forward to the new workout manager blender to make our own workouts. That may come in very handy for creating shorter workouts when the time comes.

Question for you all- when do I graduate from being a "member" to being a "Catheite?" (see the description under my name?) what do I have to do to get up in the ranks???

Tracie Welcome to the group! I'm not noticing big weight loss- even with WW- but I have seen more inch loss- and cholesterol improvement- which is awesome! You'll get lots of support here!

Elle- feel better- congrats on your weight loss!

Jen- are you getting a new dress for the wedding? You should be down a size or 2

I'm almost completely pain free so i'm planning on doing yoga this evening.:D I've been doing gentle stretching and rubbing tiger balm into my leg and it feels almost 100% so i'm ready for a full yoga practice today.

Bridget: I think once you reach 100 posts you will be a "Catheite" so keep checking in!;)

Sorry for not checking in the past few days! I have finished STS Disc 10 & 11 and Athletic Step the past few days. One more STS workout to go and Mesocycle 1 is done!!

Bridget:
Cathe really knows how to get you with those lower body workouts! I am really liking STS a lot but I am also really looking forward to the recovery week next week. :)

I have all the Shock Cardio workouts but haven't gotten around to them all yet. I'm trying to get to them all in the next couple of weeks. So far I have done Athletic Step, MMA: Boxing and MMA: Kickbox. MMA: Fusion is tomorrow. I love MMA Boxing! I even like the core conditioning part and I really hate that stuff but it's interesting. I love the boxing combinations and the leg drills too. I wish I had a heavy bag to try out the bonus add-on workout...one day. :) I really liked Athletic Step too - just straightforward step - no dancy moves. MMA: Kickbox was good too but seemed a little easier than her other kickbox moves but still a fantastic workout! Have I enabled you yet?? LOL

When you get to 100 posts, you will be a "Catheite" like Elle mentioned. I think you get "Cathlete" after 300 posts and there's a "Decathlete" but I think that is a crazy number of posts.

Elle:
I agree - it's hard to go back to work! Sorry to hear about the leg and the soreness from the vaccination - hope everything is OK now.

I think you have a great approach - don't stress over the eating. I think the more we stress about this stuff, the worse it gets. As long as we keep trying our best, it will work out in the end.

Tracie:
Welcome! Glad to have you join us! I'm loving STS too. Sorry to hear about all those surgeries but it sounds like you are doing well now which is great.

I wouldn't worry too much about the weight loss right now. Just keep eating well and working out and it will happen. I lose very slowly so I understand the frustration. And STS could be playing a part too. I'm just finishing week 4 and I have had some serious water retention going on the past few weeks and it's starting to come off now. I remember seeing a post in one of the other forums that you could see 'gains' or no losses for the first few weeks as your body adapts.

Jennifer:
You're doing fantastic with those walks and incorporating jogging intervals too!! I haven't seen much difference in weight (as mentioned above) but I think I will either see it this week or next week when my body catches up. LOL I have noticed some strength gains already which is cool!! I'll keep you posted. :)

Good Morning Everyone!:D

Today is Cardio day for me doing MMA Kickboxing!:) Love it!

Meso#1 Week 2 Disc#5
Happy to report that I did my first set of Pushups without bending my knees.... whooooohoooo:D.

I have noticed my jeans are very loose around the waist and butt!! even though I have the scale is not moving I notice that my tummy is shrinking ...:cool:

I am so glad that I purchased STS it is truly worth every penny!

Cardio dvd ?
I have MMA Kickboxing that I love doing. I also purchased the basic Step & body fussion I haven't done the basic step as of yet( New too Stepping) I notice that the calories burn is very low.. :(

I also purchase butts and gutts only did the abs on that one .. would this dvd be considered cardio or weights?

I have a treadmil that I do 50 mins with a incline of 2% every 10 mins..
MMA Kickboxing
I am looking for cardio workouts too add too my routine to keep it fun fun fun!!!

:D Tracie

Last edited:
Checking in with MMA: Fusion today...love it (no surprise there)!! Definitely some moves that will take practice and working up to (especially combo #2!). It's definitely the hardest of the 3 MMA workouts for me - but I do love a challenge. :)

Tracie:
Great job completing Disc 5 and being able to a set of full pushups!! Butt & Gutts is considered a strength workout.

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is my Leg workout:eek: ... Last leg workout I couldn't move much the next day :D
I was wondering if anyone does Cardio on strength training days? I was thinking about adding more Cardio to see if my scales move at all:mad:

phoenix130 Thanks, I have to admit that I did a full set of pushups up on my toes but I don't think I went down as far as Cathe does:eek: But the fact that I can stay up there and do them is huge for not being able to do one that way last week :D

Zbridget Where do you incorporate Butts and Guts into your workout weeks.. I am doing the Ab workouts on it but because I am doing the sts rotation I wasn't sure were I should add it into my rotation:confused:

Has anyone purchase the weighted gloves?

STS Disc 12 and Mesocycle 1 is finished!! Woohoo!! I am so going to enjoy the recovery week (all cardio and stretching) before hitting it hard again with Mesocycle 2.

Tracie:
Being able to do any sort of full pushup is awesome! I have weighted gloves (not the ones Cathe sells but other ones) and I like to use them for some of the kickboxing workouts for an added bonus.

My first week of STS, I did extra cardio but I just found it too much both in terms of energy and time. Now I keep the days separate and find it works better for me.

Thanks phoenix130 I was really really shocked when I did the pushups :D
I wish I could find a store that sells the gloves in my area :(

I will be honest I do my workouts in the morning and by the afternoon I have zero energy.. not real sure whats up with that but I hope its just a hazy faze and my body will get some spunk soon!!

phoenix130
Thats awesome that you did MMA fusion it looked hard thats why I went got the Kick boxing instead

Did legs today have a feeling they are going to hurt tomorrow!!

Tracie :)

Woohoo - I finally broke the 190 barrier and have now lost over 20 lbs!! I had stayed around the same small range (up and down) since starting STS and I knew it was temporary and this just proved it!

Thats awesome Nancy:D Good Job!

I am still not moving on the scale at all.. :( two weeks into it and nothing.. I eat less then 1600 cals... I am going to up my cardio next week and see if that makes a difference..

I am wondering if its due to my surgery:confused:

Tracie

Yesterday i did my own yoga practice. Just my mat and me. No music or anything. I enjoyed the quiet after a busy day and by the end my mind had slowed down as well as my body. I think i'm going to focus on yoga only this week.

Phoenix: WOO-HOO! Congrats on hitting another milestone! Great job.

Tracie: Sorry to hear your scale is being so stubborn. :( If you are doing intense workouts in the morning and you are feeling zapped by the afternoon, make sure you are eating enough to fuel your body for the intense workouts. If you feel up to it, try and add in some more cardio and see how you feel and adjust as necessary.

Hi to Bridget, Jennifer, and David! Whatcha up to?

hello everyone
Sorry to have been away- I have been doing lighter workouts- 30minutes at a time- I have been enjoying the 4 day split series so far- splitting them into 30 minute segments... This week, my daughter returned to school, and we have a new dog who needs exercise before he is crated during the day, so I have been walking/running with him 2x a day to help him burn off some steam- which will get me moving and burn some calories too.

Tracie- I did Butts & Gutts that week- attempted to do in its entirety, but was only able to do the standing legs and part of the floor work. It is a good workout to split up into floorwork only- I used to do a lot of floorwork with the Firm workouts in the old days, and kind of like lying on the floor to work out, or pass out if needed!

Nancy- that is fantastic hitting another milestone! Are you feeling it in your clothes?

Elle- I'm still here! Yoga after a long day sounds serene. I have a stretch DVD, I should pop that in sometime

Hey everyone!!

Well starting disc #9 legs tomorrow :eek: I previewed it and it I am kinda excited about doing it .. :D Looks kinda fun!

Went out today to get a new set of Dumbbells ... yahooo!!! Thats a good sign:D

Just wondering what everyone has done about the Meso 2 and 3 with the barbell.. Do you all have the tower? I have barbell but no tower :eek:

No change in weight but I am sure getting stronger, my 16 year old boy laughed at me when StS was delivered to our house he looked at the videos and busted a rib laughing at me for buying it... :(
LOOK who's laughing now my baby boy, your Mom bet you in a arm wrestle!!!! :cool:
So loving this program :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.