Another GWF update

Ly10up

Cathlete
I crumbled.....It's now $132.00 on Amazon. Just an FYI for those teetering on the edge as I was.;)

I am really trying to completely ignore this post :p

Nancy, not trying to persuade you or anything, but I got my GWF this past Saturday and I LOVE IT! It is the best fitness "gadget" I own! I love that it tracks my outgoing calories and I can log my daily calories (it has a great selection of preloaded nutritional data and allows you to put in your own recipes, etc) so I can see my total net loss for the day. I'm hoping this is the "key" to helping me finally lose weight once and for all!

Denise,
who has since talked her mother and brother into checking it out and they are now interested in getting their own!

im trying to ignore this post because I bought mine 2 weeks ago when the price was higher, darn amazon. ;) I cant really complain though because I do love this little gadget, it was just what I needed to help tweak my activity and nutrition to get better results. :D

Oh dear...now I want this too.

My question is, though, do you have to wear it all day? I already wear an insulin pump and don't know if I want to have another "gadget" on my body!

I really want this too! I'm just wondering if it would be something that I would use for more than a couple of months? Or once you get an idea of the calories you are burning do you quit wearing it? For the people that have the GWF, are you continue to use it on a daily basis? I just don't want to spend the money if it something that I won't feel like I need to continue to use. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Wendy

I've had mine about a month now. The feedback has been extremely valuable. As for Wendy's question - I don't see myself wearing this for long periods of time. I don't like having people ask me what's on my arm all the time, and now that the weather is warmer it's harder to hide it under clothes. I'm working on losing a few more pounds, so expect to wear it daily for another couple of weeks and then stop until I am actively working to lose weight again.

If I could hide it under clothes all the time, I probably would wear it even when I'm not trying to lose weight, just to help me maintain.

On Wednesday I did a lot of computer work and spent most the day sitting. I burned about 1700 calories. Yesterday I cleaned the house for several hours, did some shopping and then spent a couple hours standing up and chasing the baby around at my son's baseball game. I burned 2650 calories. I always knew that daily activity levels played a big part in my weight, but I was so surprised to see this much difference. Even if I'd worked out on Wednesday it would not have put my calorie burn up as high as it was yesterday when I was just plain busy.

I finally got mine and I'm anxious to hook it up and give her a go! I'm waiting until Monday to do that because... because... well I don't know why! I guess Monday's just feel like the best day for new beginnings -- LOL!!

Have fun Michele! It's such an eye opening experience. I agree that it's amazing what day to day activity can do.

I love mine and agree that now summer is here, I probably won't wear it every day. But I have worn it every day all day for about the past month and now I KNOW what I'm burning. It was so worth it to know instead of GUESS! I get what I burn on a rest day, a weights day and a cardio day. Interestingly, the theory is true that although you burn more calories during a cardio workout, you burn more AFTER a weight workout- my calorie burns are similar for the days I do weights and the days I do cardio. Anyway, I'm babbling. But I plan on wearing it here and there to see where I am. In a perfect world, I would like to drop another 3 pounds or so. If that is the case at the end of Meso 1 (in another week) then I will continue to wear it every day. Otherwise, I'll take a break and wear it here and there. Or if DH is nice, I might let him borrow it for a while. :)

I bought mine about a month ago at $170, this is an awesome price, it's barely more than a good heart rate monitor now. I'm slightly by annoyed by having the price drop so close to when I bought it, but oh well, so is the way of technology I guess :p.

I crumbled.....It's now $132.00 on Amazon. Just an FYI for those teetering on the edge as I was.;)

I think i want this. But the $132.00 price is only for the GWF armband only right? This price does not include the display and subscription. Amazon doesn't mention a subscription at all.

the GWF website you get the GWF armband and Display with 12 mo commitment for $249.90 plus $6.95/month. If i want the subscription and armband is it best to buy from GWF?

Gosh I have so many questions and i'm not even sure what they are, lol:rolleyes:
I need to quit hanging out here-this site costs me too much money! :cool:

Yes, just the armband. I bought the display as well for close to $200.00 for the two items. I believe the subscription is the same price regardless, but I have read here on the boards that through amazon you get a certificate for 3 months free.

Mine shipped last night! Yipee. :eek:

I think i want this. But the $132.00 price is only for the GWF armband only right? This price does not include the display and subscription. Amazon doesn't mention a subscription at all.

the GWF website you get the GWF armband and Display with 12 mo commitment for $249.90 plus $6.95/month. If i want the subscription and armband is it best to buy from GWF?

Gosh I have so many questions and i'm not even sure what they are, lol:rolleyes:

Yeah you are not joking, this is one VERY expensive message board to hang out on! :D

You are better off with Amazon, you can get the arm band and display for just over $200 now, you just have to add them to your cart separately, and when you buy from Amazon, you get 3 months free.

I know! It is very expensive!
Now I'm looking at TRX bands. This place is a very bad influence:p

BTW, the GWF is totally worth it! I bought the BodyBugg and I'm amazed by the feedback. It was moving or burning as much as I thought.:( 9 weeks later, I'm moving and burning more calories. It is a great tool to help motivate.
The more you move, the more you can eat:D

I know! It is very expensive!
Now I'm looking at TRX bands. This place is a very bad influence:p

BTW, the GWF is totally worth it! I bought the BodyBugg and I'm amazed by the feedback. It was moving or burning as much as I thought.:( 9 weeks later, I'm moving and burning more calories. It is a great tool to help motivate.
The more you move, the more you can eat:D

I've been keeping an eye on some of the threads by you and various other members so I'm definitely going to save my $$ and buy this. Still not sure where I'll end up ordering it from.

Off to investigate TRX bands. I can't help myself! :(:mad::confused::eek:

For me the GWF has been the key to my understanding how many calories I burn in a day to how many calories I can eat. I have 40# to lose. I've had the thing almost a month and have lost now almost 8#. I would not have been able to do it without this thing. I wear it near 24/7 and probably will until I have lost 20#. I can't stop smiling today cuz my size 16 pants are now too big.

I've had mine for four days now and I'm loving it. :) It's really helping me be more aware of what I eat and how much I move. It's so comfortable I hardly even notice that it's there that is until someone asks me what it is :rolleyes:. That's the only downfall I think. I'm already getting tired having to explain what the band on my arm is for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.