Announcing STS - Cathe's Next Filming Project!

In response to the workout blender question. My vote is no if it adds considerable time to the prep of these workouts or to the expense. I don't trust myself to design my own workout (although I know many people do), that's what I have you and your videos for! :)

>In response to the workout blender question. My vote is no if
>it adds considerable time to the prep of these workouts or to
>the expense. I don't trust myself to design my own workout
>(although I know many people do), that's what I have you and
>your videos for! :)

Ditto what she said :)

ETA that I've never used the workout blender so I really don't know much about it. I've been content with the original workouts and premixes as produced. I would hate to see a workout blender take the place of your premixes.

This is sooooooooo exciting! Take my money, please! I too have a question about whether cardio will be included in the 10 dvds.

I have never used the workout blender because the premixes and original workouts have always done the trick for me! So my vote for that is no, and thanks for asking! :D

The new idea sounds awesome!!

Regarding the blender: if the workout is specifically planned by day, week and month, why have the blender? What does it add? As one who likes to be told exactly what to do to achieve best results, I don't think I would use the blender. This may sound silly, but the mere existence of the blender would confuse me unless it was explained exactly how to use it and when.

Just my two cents.

Wow, wow, wow!!! What a wonderful surprise! I love the name itself of this series! My DH said, "Get it and we'll do it together!" I said, "She's not filming it for 3 more months." He was a bit disappointed! BUT, we'll wait! HURRY UP will ya'! Ha!Thanks for always raising the bar when it comes to fitness! These sound fabulous. (FYI, I loved the Workout Blender option.)

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

These sound GREAT Cathe; I can't wait.

I vote "YES" on the workout blender, because no matter what you do, no matter how great you make it, some still complain they wish you had done XYZ premix. The workout give each person the option to create their own premix.

Thanks for the consideration.

Cathy

Workout blender - I've never used it, and probably won't. I prefer to put my trust in Cathe as far as a workout.

Question - When this is released, will it include suggestions for cardio using Cathe's previous workouts? Will the rotation include days for cardio?

Unlike the rest of you, I wish to remain objective with my decision on whether or not to buy STS considering the fact that I know the price for this series will be very steep. I'll be waiting for more details and footage of this workout to see if it justifies the cost.

I know Cathe has an excellent track record in putting out quality, advanced workouts but I'm not going to blindly jump on the "I want it!" bandwagon just because it's a new Cathe product.

It sounds pretty cool, but I already feel a bit overwhelmed. I'm definitely looking forward to more details.

I'm also concerned about the software involved. I'm stuck with dial-up internet - I live in a very rural area with out-of-date phone lines. If this is available as a download only, I guess I'm out of luck.

And I wouldn't use a workout blender - like some others, I trust Cathe implicitly to give me the best workout.

The Workout Manager is an online application, but the files are small and even with a dial up you shouldn’t have any problems. The speed will be very similar to reading and posting questions on this forum.

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Give me guns, give me abs!!!

I, personally, vote for either no Workout Blender, or the compilation DVD with the Workout Blender. I've a feeling the premixes will be comprehensive enough to not warrant the need for the Blender.

Can't wait as the details unfold!!! :) :) :)

Personally, I don't see a need for the Workout Blender, especially if it will slow down production time or perhaps cause some of the DVDs to not play in certain players.

But STS sounds incredible.

I, for one, cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Blender thoughts

Well I'll dissent a bit - I LOVE the workout blender! My only qualm with it was the limit of 6 entries. I have used it a lot on KPC to double or even triple up on the main conditioning drills.

BUT - with the advnaces on programmable DVD players and SNM's better chaptering, I'm wondering if those advances render the workout blender concept a bit obselete? And if the new STS will be available for download, is the blender a really useful tool? These are just a few questions for its practical application - I love and have used the option in the BB series and I do like it.

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hi Chris!

You asked for feedback on the Workout Blender. I would want this feature on ALL the DVDs. I just loved this feature & was greatly disappointed when it was no longer offered. However, having at least 16 exercises in the Workout Blender would be WONDERFUL!

I can't wait to hear more details once you get closer to filming. Thanks for asking for our feedback.

Kathy

I also like the idea of the workout blender. I've used it on KPC and like it! And have wished it was on other DVDs. Sorry to hear others haven't even tried it. I'd encourage those of you who haven't tried it yet, but own DVDs with it, to give it a whirl. It's cool to put the workout in the order you want without having to go back to the chapter menu.
Deb

>Unlike the rest of you, I wish to remain objective with my
>decision on whether or not to buy STS considering the fact
>that I know the price for this series will be very steep.
>I'll be waiting for more details and footage of this workout
>to see if it justifies the cost.
>
>I know Cathe has an excellent track record in putting out
>quality, advanced workouts but I'm not going to blindly jump
>on the "I want it!" bandwagon just because it's a new Cathe
>product.

Um, ok. I wouldn't say we're "blindly" jumping into anything. SNM and Cathe provided an incredibly detailed description of the new workouts and based on that, many people have decided that this product would be good for them. I'm sure many people here who have already jumped on the "I want it" bandwagon (as you put it) will not be able to purchase this due to the costs, but are expressing their excitement for the series, regardless.

Allison

Thank you for offering to listen to all of our preferences regarding the workout blender. I, personally, would not use it--I don't trust myself to make up my own quality workout!! :) I like to leave the creative stuff to you guys. ;)

Thanks for listening to us!

Allison

I think if you're going to be offering the Workout Blender software in the future, I don't see a need for it on the DVDs. It would reduce your costs. We can create our own workouts from all the past/current/future workouts, instead of being confined to 1 or 2 DVDs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.