Addictions - just for fun

Hot chocolate made by my dh. He does something special and I don't know what it is and I don't want to know for fear I then think it's too fattening to drink. I don't have it that often but occasionally when he asks if I want something hot to drink I'll say 'tea' and he'll bring me hot chocolate-that's-to-die-for - he says he can tell when I 'need' it. When I have a girlfriend over and he makes it for both of us I see instant jealousy in their eyes }( and I fear for my life!

I've had hot chocolate at Starbucks and the like but it's just not as good - I always say to drink someone else's hot choc feels like I'm cheating on him!

Trish

Okay, Shelley....I need that recipe! I adore Indian food! Was the recipe difficult to make? Chickpeas,lentils, veggies Oh my!! deb:)

Shelley--can I get that recipe too please?

I LOVE homemade chocolate chip cookies. They are the best when they are still warm from the oven. All nice and gooey. The chips still melty!!! Yummmmm!

I also LOVE peanut m&m's too.

Edited to say the Chocolate chip cookies recipe.

Trish -

You need to sneak up behind your DH when he is making your next delicious mug of hot chocolate and share his secret with all your devoted Cathe.com pals!!! }(

Mmmmmmmmm.......nothing like a hot cup of hot chocolate on a cold night. :9

Angie

I would love to give everyone the curried chick pea/lentil recipe, but there is no recipe:p He just made it up (he's a chef). But I'll try to get him to remember what he did and write it down.

Definitely exercise. I'm a sucker for punishment.
And coffee. ANY kind.
Oatmeal, with imitation maple flavor and a little brown sugar.
Peanuts.
Golden delicious apples.
Cheetos and Snickers bars.

Books. Serious women's literature. NO sappy romances by HACK writers with aliases, please.
Investigative reports and Cold Case Files on A&E.
HGTV. Especially those shows on decorating on a tight budget.

Bargain shopping.
Purses. I have this collection in my closet that I'm kinda embarrassed about.
Glycolic peels.
Anti-aging creams. I know they don't do much, but they feel good.

An online game called Bounce Out at gamehouse.com:7
Silence. My household doesn't have any, so I can only dream.

Pinky

Starbucks Grande extra hot Latte - every day - no exceptions.

Otherwise, I'm perfectly reasonable.

Except for diet cherry coke - every day - no exceptions.

Oh, and sweet white wine on Friday night.

And shortbread cookies.

Oh, poop.

- Books - I have to have a book going or I'm edgy and awful
- This site, VF and Firm YaYas - I have withdrawal when I go on vacation
- Time alone
- Oatmeal - I eat it five days out of seven and miss it the other two
- A hot shower in the morning - I am out of sorts all day if the water wasn't hot enough or I only had time for a quick splash

I can't live without exercise, my kitties, perfect-weather days, music, and strawberry cheesequake DQ blizzards (I don't get them often, but when I do, I can't live without them). Donato's pizza, too -- we used to eat that every Friday, but I've been good in the past several months, and only had it a few times. I get the veggie pizza now, so it's not as destructive to my abs diet plan.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!! I MUST have it everyday!!

My yellow Lab, Shayna

Exercise (so I can eat the ice cream)
--Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

I am the biggest addict in the world!!! i am addicted to addictions!}( my most active/out of control addiction is shopping. if i can't leave my house, or don't want to , i shop online. it's ridiculous!!!!:+

i am also very addicted to music. i can not go very long without jammin' to something!!!

i'm obviously addicted to this forum!!! ahem:eek: :p

i don't have any food addictions, but i can't go many days without eating something starchy or i get very mean:* x(

i also happen to be shamlessly fond of merlot, vodka and crown, but i only allow myself to partake about 2 days/month. :9

jes

Wow, Jes, addicted to addiction. I am not sure I can even wrap my brain around that and it's one that's predisposed toward forming habits of all sorts. Addicted to being addicted. Hmmmm. You must stay away from my husband. With the exception of shopping, your addictions run a parallel course to his and if he got addicted to you, where'd that leave me? I will tell him there's a blonde bombshell Catheite, buff and young, who shares his tastes because I AM addicted to torturing my husband. And addicted to being evil. }( He probably wouldn't even mind the shopping what with the blonde bombshell Catheite, buff and young, being part of the addicted to addictions!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? Mary Oliver

Mountain Dew, Yankee Candles, Bath and Body Works, Taco Bell, Nachos with lots of cheese, magazines ( i swear I buy everyone on the newsstand). Chocolate covered caramel apples (oh baby). New exercise videos..I keep going but it could take a week...hahha

Easy, for me it's JUJY candies, hence my sign name Jujygrl. I have to have them every Friday night. My hubby gets home, we go out to dinner w/ the kids then come home to watch a video and have them. It's a sin..they are so bad for your teeth and a definate no no to my diet but I do a Cathe DVD every day and run 3x's a week. We all deserve treats. I love lots of other goodies but the JUJY's are my #1

~Chrissy~

Bobbi, you are awful!!!! (you big sweetheart i love you to death!) but you would be lying your head off! blonde and catheite are certainly accurate and i am working on achieving "buff":+ it's not going very well this week:p so he likes music and drinking?! good combo i say!! i think many addicts are addicted to being addicted! somebody call oprah! i feel a show comming on!

jes}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.