About My New Workout Series

Just sitting here hoping there’s some news in Monday’s newsletter. I know it will take as long as it’s going to take, but I hope we hear more soon!
I’m going to have to mix things up myself. After doing Sts I’m having a hard time finding workouts of hers that builds that much muscle. I think I’m going to mix up sts workouts in different ways.

I’m going to have to mix things up myself. After doing Sts I’m having a hard time finding workouts of hers that builds that much muscle. I think I’m going to mix up sts workouts in different ways.
XTrain Upper Body Strength Workout (on Workout Manager)) uses 75% 1rm ½ of the week, and 70% 1rm the other. It's all week, four weeks, strength. No cardio. I add to the leg workouts though. But yes, nothing is like STS for muscles.

I found the same for me! I now do STS at least 6 months out of the year (2 sets of 3 months) and the other 6 months I do Body Beast (also great muscle results) or individual "active recovery" weeks using Cathe's other DVDs (RwH, ICE, etc.) But nothing gets me to build muscle more than STS. I have even tried using heavier weights in other programs, but something about STS (and Body Beast) really gets me to build some muscle. If you find something that works for you, please come back and share.

I don't even know if this is possible, but... if it is, I'd really like "gentle" strength training. I'm not sure how to describe it, because I don't mean easy. For example, is there a way to work the abs as well as Cathe usually works our abs without the neck strain? I've noticed that when Cathe has me doing a sit-up while holding weights it doesn't strain my neck, while some ab exercises do. I don't understand why, because I do not pull on my head or neck. I have degeneration of the bone in the neck area (according to my chiro), so some moves hurt and others do not. Do other people have this issue? Is there a way to design a complete ab workout that doesn't strain the neck?

I also have wrist issues. It helps to do push-ups while gripping weights (rather than to have my hands on the floor), but sometimes, after using weights for upper body work, my wrists just don't have anything left - so, even modifying my planks, push-ups, etc. by gripping weights isn't possible. I've overused them by the time I get to that part. I don't have any ideas for that, but I thought Cathe might. :)

It sounds like Cathe is planning on putting some emphasis on recovery. I'm hoping this will be long, thorough, and extended stretches, foam rolling (hint, hint, hint :) ), and mobility/range of motion.

Like many others, I've been working out with you for many moons. My husband, however, has not. No matter what I told him, he was convinced that your workouts were for girls. Evidently guys don't have hearts (cardio) or muscles? Anyways, I told him that exercise is for everybody and that some of your DVDs do have men. So, I got him to try one of your kickboxing workouts. He liked it, so I dug through my DVDs and made him a list of all of your videos that have a guy in the cast. Eventually he tried STS and really saw results. He's convinced you're the best, but that only some of your videos are for men. So, because I have ridiculously silly husband (and perhaps other people are married to similarly misguided men), could you have a man in the cast?

I'm really looking forward to this new workout program. Thank you Cathe, for all you've been doing over the years to keep us in good shape. There are some things in my life that I haven't been able to control, but so far, my fitness level is not one of those things. The work you do makes it possible for me to take care of myself in a way that works, with people that I like (you and your crew are great), and in a way that works. I am a caregiver for an adult son that needs me to be healthy. I don't have the time or money for a gym. Thank you for keeping me in shape. I don't know what I'd do without you. Hugs and gratitude.

I agree with so many of Braille's points, suggestions & requests!

As for a male cast member, please select someone who's not "just eye candy" but one who will give his all in the warm-ups, cooldowns, & doesn't drop his weights down when Cathe tells us to go down S-L-O-W. (Greg is a disappointment & distraction, while Al is an inspiration, Nate would be a cool addition).

Braille, I have similar neck issues. As you get older alot of people have disc compression. I herniated a cervical disc thinking it was just a "pulled muscle" for so long. Little did I know that I was making it worse for years by doing sit ups/crunches even with good neck position. It's just that upward momentum that does it said my physical therapist and neurosurgeon. Once you are told not to do crunches anymore it's hard to find good core work to break up the monotony of planks. Also moves like incline bicep curls that are done leaning on a stability ball put my neck in the wrong position. I've learned to live with it but it's so nice when I find a workout I don't have to modify to death. Some of the gentler core work such as bird dogs are all just too easy at this point. So far the core workout I have to modify the least is the core work in Boss Loops. You'd think that with so many of us Cathletes that have been working out with her for years and years there's got to be a decent percentage of us that have this older generation issues, so I do think the audience is out there.

So it's probably too late to make requests as I'm hoping these will be announced soon & are in production. But I've been hoping for Core segments: 1) a standing Core with balance challenges; 2) Core using Boss Bands & Loops; and it's been awhile since we had a 3) Stability Ball Core workout. Please ;-)

Of course I'll be good with whatever, I'm just having some fun dreaming here ...

I love this kind of dreaming :cool:
So it's probably too late to make requests as I'm hoping these will be announced soon & are in production. But I've been hoping for Core segments: 1) a standing Core with balance challenges; 2) Core using Boss Bands & Loops; and it's been awhile since we had a 3) Stability Ball Core workout. Please ;-)

Of course I'll be good with whatever, I'm just having some fun dreaming here ...

If nothing else, you gave her some good ideas for LIVE!

Yes! A standing Core segment!!

I am curious if there is info on the new series anywhere other than this thread. The original post said an official announcement would be made early in the new year, so I'm wondering if I'm not looking in the right place for it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.