A Very Sad Day!

My sincere condolences. Hampton must have brought you much joy & companionship over the last 13 years. It's hard to beat the unconditional love of a dog.

Debra

hi Cathe,

my thoughts are with you on this sad day. my 14+ year old
"baby" is a kitty. he's had some health problems in the last
year and i hope i can be strong when the time comes. i am sad
to hear of your loss.

thank you for your wonderful contribution to exercise..exercising
helps me tackle such emotional times.

take care,
Julie

Oh Cathe, I am so sorry to read this, and to know how grief-stricken you and the boys are. My heart is broken for you all.

You were very brave to make the decision to end Hampton's suffering right away, and let him scamper over the Rainbow Bridge to meet his beloved pal Dakota. I can see them as clear as a bell in my mind's eye, running and tumbling and barking with all the energy and strength of young pups and with all the joy of their friendship. I'm so glad for you that they have each other, and that's your doing, Cath -- don't forget that! Thanks to you and your boys, Cathe, Hampton and his buddy Dakota both had long, deeply contented lives, they felt loved and treasured every moment, and they had a doggie friendship that's truly one for the books. All that love lives on with them now and will keep them forever happy.

All of you are in my prayers. Big warm comforting hugs to you, sweetie!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

Cathe:

I was so sad for you when I read your email. Losing a pet is so hard. There is such an emptiness in the house. My prayers are with you and your family. Please take care, Lynn M.

This is horribly sad.

Cathe, I can't even imagine. I have a black lab (8 yo Emma) and the very idea makes me heart hurt.

I know Dakota and Hampton are having a beautiful time together, but the ache in your lives must be tremendous.

Emma is sending over a big wet face lick right now, and I think i'll go downstairs now and give her a huge hug.

Cathe, I know you'll be strong through this, but take the time you need to grieve. My thoughts are with you all.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. They are like a member of the family. At least he will no longer be suffering.

Robin

What a sad day indeed. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. What a wonderful life Hampton must of had with you as his mom. My thoughts are with you. Helen

Very sorry for your loss Cathe. I wish the best for you and your family during this difficult time.

By the way... the section about Dakota and Hampton was written beautifully. I'm sure they are off having fun again!

So sorry for your loss.

You have such a beautiful way of remembering your doggie. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.

This is my first post here, and I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our weimaraner Hobo (she had been a stray) last October. Her Estimated age was 13. Now I have my weimie pup Typhoon Vash and we foster stray weims for weim rescue.

Weims are another breed prone to bloat(deep-chested dogs seem more prone to it); in rescue there have been two weims succumb to it in the last year. It's so heartbreaking.

You gave him a wonderful life. Bless you!

I'm so sorry! It hurts so much to loose our sweeties, but the love and joy we receive soooo much makes up for it! I pray that your heart will heal, and one day find a longing for a new friend to make his/her home in your heart. Hang in there!

Erin

Cathe,

This is my first time posting to your forum, although I have come here often. My prayers are with you. It is so hard to say goodbye to a friend like Hampton. My husband and I lost our little guy almost two years ago. We still feel him with us on a daily basis. I have you and your family in my prayers. I know Dakota is very lucky to have such a great family to love him.

Take care,

Robbin

Cathe,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Hampton. Hugs and prayers going out to you and your family. What a difficult decision to have to make! His suffering is over, and he is now reunited with his buddy Dakota. Both of them were so fortunate to be a part of your family.

From one dog mommy to another, I am so terribly sorry for your loss! My 13 y/o Golden Retriever and 5 y/o Black Lab will be thinking about you and Hampton!

Cathe,

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm taking my 10 year old collie mix into the vet tomorrow, and I have a feeling the news isn't going to be good. Our animal friends are such beautiful souls - we just have to be grateful for the time their spirits stay with us. Please take care, and allow yourself the grievinig period your deserve. Hampton will always be with you.

Jane C

Dear Cathe

I too am sorry for your loss. We lost our much loved Rottweiler bitch to bloat nine years ago.

Cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.