A Very Sad Day!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You are a kind person to offer your home to animals. They appreciate having lived such a wonderful life with you. Even in death, you made it as easy for them as anyone could have done. Thank you for sharing your story. My thoughts are with you.

Liane

Cathe,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss! Our Muggs is so much a part of our family and I know how awful we will feel when it is him time. Thank you for sharing this with us. My thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We have two beautiful dogs in our family and I can't imagine life without them.

Oh Cathe, that breaks my heart! That is the most loving thing you could have done, having the courage to end his pain. I'm so sorry this had to happen. I'm sure Hampton and Dakota are doing exactly as you said, romping about and enjoying each other!

Bless their souls, and bless yours too!

I am very sorry for your loss Cathe. Our yellow lab Jack is just like one of our children in alot of ways so I know how you must feel. My heart goes out to you...
Trevor

Cathe, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I have lost dogs and cats over the years, and it is such a sad thing.
Thinking of you,
Wendy

I am also so sorry to hear about your loss.

Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of my beautiful German Sheperd "Dusty" passing away from bloat.

I never heard of bloat. We had went away on vacation and boarded Dusty. The day we picked him up he was fine. That evening I noticed a swelling on his left side and I was very upset wondering whether he was abused at the kennel, which we had taken him there many times before and never had a problem, but you never know. I said to my fiance that if the swelling is still there in the morning, I'm going to take him to the vet. I regret that now because I could have probably saved his life if I had taken him that evening.

It was a hot evening and he always loved to go down to the basement and lay on the cold floor, but what was odd he usually waited for us to fall asleep before doing so. He went right down to the basement when I said it was time to go to bed.

The next morning I woke up. Dusty sometimes sleeps in because I get up real early to workout but before I workout I like to have a cup of coffee and he didn't come up from the basement. I called to him and nothing. I figured he was exhausted from being at the kennel because he never really got a good night sleep there because of all the barking.

I went down the basement to workout and there he was, he had passed away.

When the vet opened I called them and I was so upset because I really thought he was abused and I wanted an autopsy done. I took Dusty to the vet and later that afternoon I received a call from the vet who then informed me that he passed away from bloat, which is common in dogs that have large chest cavities. The stomach flips and cuts off both ends causing all the gases in the stomach to expand and eventually puts pressure on all the organs, especially the heart and causes a heart attack.

Now my next German Sheperd that I get, as a puppy of course, we are going to have the stomach tacked. Where they surgically sew the stomach to the inside of the chest cavitity which will prevent bloat from occurring.

The really odd thing is, I had no idea what bloat was and after it has affected us, the more I hear about it.

Once again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sharon

Cathe, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Our pets are such a huge part of our families and it hurts so much when it's time for them to leave us.

Cathe,

What terrible news! Animals have such a big part of our hearts, and lives! I will feel your sadness when God calls my beloved kitties home, too. In the meantime, my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family!

Pam

Hi Cathe,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost a kitten to FIP a couple of years ago and it broke my heart. It is so hard to lose a pet and double when you don't see it coming. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Susan

Wow, Cathe, I am so sorry for you and the family. When stuff like this happens, I just count the blessings. The time you had with him was special, and he didn't suffer long, which is a blessing too. I send my deepest condolences to you and your family.

So sorry to hear your news Cathe, but at least he didn't suffer for very long. My 12 year old golden retriever, Max, died this past December and I still miss him terribly....they are such integral members of the family. We still have our black lab Amos to keep us company, but I think he misses Max as well. I am more of a lurker here, but just wanted to share with you at this sad time.

Cyberhugs coming from our family to yours,
Colia

So sorry to hear that, Cathe. When we had our Chow put down, about two years ago, I dreamed about him almost every night. He used to love to run around the neighborhood and come back home when he felt like it, so I dreamed that's what he was doing and he would come home and I'd say, "See, you weren't sick. I knew you'd come home." The whole neighborhood still misses him and talks about him. So sorry for your loss.

Cathe, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a pet is losing a family member. My parents always told me that the time we share with our pets is well worth the pain of losing them and for that they would do it all over again and I'm sure you would to. Wendy

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Dogs are a wonderful and amazing part of life. I'm very glad Hampton had his pal Dakota waiting for him. They'll be watching over you.

Gina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.