A Good mascara......

Bernard

Cathlete
Hi All,

I am fed up of buying rubbishy mascaras, and was wondering if anyone out there has tried a good one and found results with it.
In other words, does it flake ? does it smudge under the eyes throughout the day ? Is it easy to remove ?

Has anyone tried the Smashbox mascara ?

Look forward to your suggestions and comments :)

Anna :)

I like Voluminous. Can you get that in the UK? I like it because it has the right brush and it doesn't smudge. A short, stingy-bristled brush is so yucky.

Just chiming in I use Voluminous and I love it Anna I got it at Boots one of the larger stores its great you don't need. I heartly recommend it.

Babs

Another fan of Voluminous. I wear it for two classes in a day & it does not smear, flake, etc. I do not use waerproof as it is harder to remove. The regular is fine. I also like Almay-"The Insider".

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Gosh, wish I could say I had good results with Voluminous. I end up looking like a raccoon!

I use BeneFit mascara. It's available on www.Sephora.com for $14. I have auburn hair & hazel eyes so you would think the brown would be good for me, but I actually like the eggplant color. It's almost black with a very slight hint of purple--if someone gets REALLY close they can see the purple otherwise it looks like a light black. It washes off very cleanly with soap and water. It does run if I cry but not when I workout.

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

Hi Ladies,

Is Voluminous by Max Factor ???? What shades does it come in ?
It sounds like this might be a good one to try, I am doing some serious Christmas shopping next week, so I shall look out for it.
I too, love the more aubergine shades. Violet is also good shade to apply to the tips of eyelashes as it makes them appear longer, Clarins used to do a nice violet shade, not sure if they still do or not ?

Thanks

anna :)

I swear by Revlon's ColorStay Overtime mascara. It won't budge and will last for at least 3 days. Even when you sleep in it, you don't wake up with racoon eyes. I remove it about every 3 days and reapply. Saves me time in the morning. I do have to apply to lower lasts each day but just use my eyelash curler on the upper lashes.

dee c.

Another vote for ColorStay, I tested it out before going to a grappling seminar, which is rolling around on the floor basically wrestling and sweating up a storm. With normal mascara if I sweat a lot I get little lines on my eyelid from blinking. The ColorStay did not budge at all. The only issue I have is that if I sleep with my face against a pillow my eyelashes are stuck like that in the morning, but usually once you wash your face it loosens up. I like this stuff because I have very fair eyelashes and I can wake up in the morning and have eye definition!

Lancome mascara

Lancome hands down makes the best mascaras ever! (and for most other cosmetics I think the drug store has better options for the price than expensive department store brands) Go to their counter and try their Definicils mascara. It thickens and lengthens the best!

Emily

Volum'

Hi! I have found good luck with Maybelline Volum' mascara, it is really good!

I also like jane mascara(Jane=estee lauder owned)

To prevent racoon eye, you can put a bit of powder below your eyes to prevent the mascara from sliding into the undereye, I learned that from the fabulous Kevyn Aucoin (makeup artist) well from his books anyway!

Jaime

RE: Volum'

I vote for Lancome Definicils, this is the best mascara ever, it makes your lashes look so long and it doesn't smudge, it is $20 but well worth it. I always prefer mascara when it's not so new, when you first buy it it always seems more gloopy or something, this applies to all brands. I find myself wiping it off with a tissue for a week or so. And, for the best eyelash curler go for She Uemura, it's $15.00 but soo much better than the other brands, just give it some heat from the hairdryer before you curl and voila!

RE: good mascara

My friend who owns her own salon has started selling Aveda. The Aveda rep that set her up used to work for Lancome. She claims Aveda's mascara is even better, for whatever that's worth. Don't know how the prices compare. I've never tried Lancome, but I'm trying the Aveda now and really like it - no clumps, no smudges.

I would have to give two thumbs up for Lancome as well. A bit pricey, but well worth it. It works and gives you such beautiful long lashes!! And I am someone with "crazy-lash" syndrome -- it really does tame them!! :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-02 AT 01:46PM (Est)[/font][p]Voluminous here too. It's the best for me! Doesn't flake or smudge as someone said I've worked out with it on and it didn't run, this was with the regular not waterproof. Anna, Voluminous is made by Loreal. I think it comes in dark black, brown/black and brown.
I have extremely long lashes they're just blonde so the Voluminous shows the length but also makes them fatter without being clumpy looking. Ladies at work used to think I false lashes on, lol.
Anyone else have a lash problem, like where your sunglasses have to be lowered on your nose because your lashes hit the lenses? lol.

Thanks ladies, your very sweet!:7

My son has long blonde lashes too. He saw my eyelash curler thing when he was younger and he asked if he could use it to cut his lashes off. lol. he hates it when someone comments on his long adorable lashes. Too girly for him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.