50 and over December check in

I did hard strikes today -- I can feel my waist shrinking! I dont' think I will ever be able to do all those sit up and pushups at the end. I didn't move until Cathe said it was time to stretch. :D:D I took off my gloves way before they did also -- it's a keeper!

Nice to meet you two ladies. My xtrain just arrived at the station. I not sure which rotation I want to do first. I may combine the regular rotation with the low impact rotation, since it's hard for me to stick to a rotation for 3 months.

Life changes? me too.

Hey Robin that's what I posted in your rotation thread. Starting with the undulating and switching up after I need a change. :D

I will join you in the rotation when I get back on the 2nd!! I found my coupon Jann.... I ALWAYS forget that the code is sent in the original email. But we are on vacation and the internet here is S L O W, so I havent even previewed them yet.

Enjoy your vacation iron mom. Today I will start with chest shoulders and bi. Never mind on second thought may take this week to do the 1 repmax test since I haven't done sts in almost a year. I think my muscle are not as strong as they use to be. Plus the xtrain downloads are not ready.

Last edited:
Robin I had to re-do my 1rm's from sts. I really have to go lighter now.

Beth I am starting the rotation on the 6th. For the next week I am going to randomly pick workouts on how I feel :rolleyes: until I start the rotation. Have fun skiing!

Starting to take down Christmas decorations today. It takes about a week to get it all put away. Christmas on a Tuesday was odd to me. :p It feels like it was weeks ago now.

Robin here are the exercises you will need for xtrain. I know they have not listed them in the WM yet as cards, they are in the booklet. They are under the correct numbers in WM now.

Last edited:
Thanks Jann. Today I'm trying to get through bi and tri 1rm and it's a workout by it self. Jann can you take down my Christmas tree too;)

I think it is funny you are already taking your tree down. I am notoriously know for taking my tree down some time late January!!! Yeah I know crazy. I am just so busy and I could care less if it never comes down!!!!

I think it is funny you are already taking your tree down. I am notoriously know for taking my tree down some time late January!!! Yeah I know crazy. I am just so busy and I could care less if it never comes down!!!!
Oh my trees are not coming down. I just started working on my dinning room of angels. Then move to my living room of over 200 santa's. Then the hall way and bathroom. Then my kitchen of snow people. Then my family room of a mixture of everything from my kids childhood.
Trees will be last... :p Yes, trees I only put up two this year.

Oh -- I'll need to be bringing in the outside displays too.

Lord!!! Your home must be beautiful with these decorations! I always admire people that do this. Good for you. I do not mine the decorating its the putting everything away that I dislike.

Hi all, my check-in fell apart over a year ago and I really need to join one again! I'm 52, but my kids are not grown, my boys are 11 and 14. I was a late starter. :) I've been slacking off more lately than I have in years and that along with my body rebelling as I slide into menopause is not helping. Crossing my fingers that Xtrain arrives tomorrow so I can get started. Hoping something new will kick start my motivation. I believe there is a three month rotation using a combo of Xtrain and the Low Impact Series or was that my imagination? Was thinking I'd do that and then something else for a couple months and then do the Xtrain undulating rotation.

Hi Cathy - welcome to the club! Yes, there are actually 4 different rotations in the booklet - 90 day undulating, 90 day lis+xtrain, 30 day cardio & strength, and 30 day undulating + ride. You are hitting the teen-age years, many many hugs! ;):D A couple of us are doing a xtrain rotation in some sort, join us.

Lori - :D I love decorating for Christmas. I literally take all my normal stuff down, put it away, clean like crazy then put everything up Christmas. One room at a time. It is pretty! We used to have open houses, I won many years worth. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I love it.

Today's workout is going to be weights, not sure until I get to my workout space. check back later.

Ready for X Train (almost)

Hello everyone. I am excited to start X train but have a few issues. I have 10 workouts left to finish Insanity. I have 10 days off from work so my plan was to get it done. Woke up this morning with a cold. :mad: I have completed p90x and Les Mills Pump as well as 2 rounds of Cathe STS. I am 58 years young and would like to join this group to help me get through X Train. I was thinking about doing the 90 day x train low impact one. I think my body has had enough impact with Insanity. (It irritates my bursa in my buttocks).
I do have a question: I went to the calendar and clicked on "add workout" and a lot of options are available like STS but I did not see a "x train rotation" to pick from to add the 90 days to my calendar. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
sheila

Hi Sheila! If you go into the workout calendar and choose rotations, the next page should give you an option to choose only rotations created by Cathe. The Xtrain ones should be at the top. I went in last night and loaded in my rotation without a problem, so they were there then.

I decided to do the 90 day Xtrain undulating rotation. The one with LIS, just didn't use the new workouts as much as wanted. This morning I did Chest, Back and Shoulders. I like workouts that move quickly and don't have much repetition and this fits the bill nicely. I haven't used heavy weights in awhile, so I had to back off what I normally use. Hopefully in a week or two that will change.

Got the tree and all the decorations put away till next year and took the dog for a walk in town. Other than clean up the kitchen, I get to relax the rest of the day.

Hope you are all enjoying this first day of 2013!

Thank you!! I was able to get the workout into my calendar. I ended up choosing the 90 day undulating workout also. I may have to modify the jumping a little but I think I will be happier in the end. Are you able to print out the worksheets? I am going to start on Jan 7th. I have a cold and we are celebrating xmas on Jan 6th which will actually be a xmas/surprise 80th birthday party for my mom. The tree is decorated with candy so after the party the tree will be easy to put away. It has been a few months since I have done a Cathe workout and how quickly I forget how to get the worksheets. I click on the date, click on show details but I don't see a "edit workout" button. like the book says on page 23. I appreciate your help.
sheila

Hi Shelia!! Welcome.

I read someplace that SNM is still working on getting all the information into the WM for xtrain. So what you are looking for may not be loaded in yet. :)

thank you

Jann - Thank you for the info. I will "hold my horses" for now.

Your home sounds beautiful for the holidays. I can imagine the look on peoples faces when they see it. wow. What workout did you do today? Looks like I am only going to do couch sitting 101. I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow.
sheila

So my first xtrain workout was super cuts with 100 rep hip thrusts. I loved it!! What a great workout and I will be feeling it tomorrow. Loving all the DVD's. Think it will be Hard Strikes tomorrow morning. I go back to work after having 12 days off so it may be a challenge for me to get up at 4:30am! I will let you know how I make out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.