50 and over December check in

Joan! That is crazy with your fireplace. We have two and never had a down draft like that before. Glad all is well now.

I am on vacation this week and of course I had my Xtrain shipped to work. I am very bummed about this. I left a note for my mailroom to email me if a package comes in. I may have to drive in and grab it. It will drive me nuts knowing it is just sitting on my desk waiting for me!!!!!!

Linda -- I would have to make a trip to the office also!

Last night was our annual Christmas eve eve party -- so much fun!! :D
I did pretty good with the eating - yay -- ummm wine well, a girls gotta have fun, right? :p:p

Merry Christmas gals!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Great picture of you Jann! The party must have been fun!

Joan, I had that happen once before in our living room and it was horrible. I'm still not sure how it happened.

Linda, did you get the downloads too? I wonder if the downloads will be available the same day as the shipping. I really need a rotation. Right now I'm rotating through the eating!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks! I got my hair layered a few months back. Looks a bit different than it used too. :)

Beth the downloads have always been available the same day they ship. You will need the code from your email. I got the downloads.

As predicted the last couple of days I've eaten way to much food. I have a break today and back to eating friday night! :confused:

Jann you look fantastic.

I am almost sorry we have vacation on Friday. I am so ready to stop eating and lose this weight. I am so ready for a 90 day rotation.

Thanks Joan!
I know what you mean. I am looking forward to the 'get-together(s)' this weekend, not the food. :confused: It is hard.

Jann I'll be back late Friday the 4th. I can start Saturday, Sunday or Monday which ever makes the most sense. I have gained and I really want to get at least the extra off fast. I will try to be good on vacation but in Las Vegas it's a little harder than other places. I don't think they have heard of grilled chicken or steamed veg. on the strip. I plan to avoid all desserts.

Sounds good Joan!

I just did super cuts -- two words -- OH YEAH! :p Cathe says that a lot in this one. My granddaughter says oh yeah a lot so I think that's why I tuned into it. :)
This is my kind of complete body workout. From the warm up to cool down!! Light weights, the band work is great (I did have to trade in the blue band for the pink band on a couple of exercises :eek:). AND those ab kick outs are murder!! I did fall on my butt, Cathe warns you. I can tell this workout is going to be one of my most favorite go to workouts! I had to modify the burpees(always do) and pushup routines.
The only thing I didn't like was the music, when I work out with weights I don't need anyone yelling at me, I like to concentrate on form, the music is vocal and I would prefer instrumental music. Also 20% of the exercises you are ignoring the beat...:rolleyes:
Cathe did a great job introducing old exercises to a new, fun routine. :D

I know I will be loving super cuts too! Can't wait to receive my order. I am with you on the burpees. I always modify them. Instead of palms on the floor I place my hands on a six inch step to give my upper body a little elevation. Doing this helps me get thru them.

Hi ladies. I am just stopping by and I saw your group. Can I join? I'm not 50 yet but some mornings I feel like I'm 60. I am turing 48 and have two teenagers. I've been doing Cathe workouts for about 5 years. I usually modify some of the high impact stuff since I have two bad knees. I am looking forward to the new dvds when it comes in the mail. As you can see from my avatar I love kettlebells also.

Hi Robin -- yes of course! I have two boys 30 and 26. My 30yr is married and has a 15 month old daughter. I love being a granny!! I am 56, married and have a mini schnauzer. I love to garden. That's me.

I have a few kettlebell workouts. I never got very good with them. I do like to do swings now and again just for the cardio, it really get my heart rate up just swinging. ;)

Nice to meet you. Yes swings are the best for low impact cardio. Do you have a new threat for this group every month? Next month I would love to lose about 10# ( Christmas cookie weight). I received a journal for christmas and I plan to follow jorge cruise diet plan. Which involves counting sugar grams (only 15 grams of sugar per day is allowed).

We occasionally have had a challenge here and there. Mostly this group checks in now and again. Joan and I are going to do an xtrain rotation starting in January. Pretty much we all do our own thing.

I just found out that I am pre-diabetic so I am really watching my sugar. I also have a 10 pound goal, I am giving myself until april as I can not loose weight fast. My metabolism just won't let me. :(

It's a nice place to check-in because most of us are going through the same life changes. Same life/body situations etc. 48 you are still young - :) I started doing Cathe workouts when I was 46 and thanks to that, I am pretty fit today!

Hi Robin!!! I just recently joined in so you aren't the only newbie! I am 51 and have a 21 year old son. I have worked out most of my life (I say most because I have been known to get in a slump from time to time!). I started working out with Cathe in 1994 and have been hooked ever since. I call her my personal trainer.

I have not received my xtrain dvds yet. Once I have them and review everything I then will pick a date and start with a rotation!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.