40's Junebugs

Hi everyone

I've been really unsure whether to say anything but ignoring it would not be the right thing to do. I'm really uncomfortable with what's been said on here about Hispanic people. I'm trying to come up with an excuse for it but it just sounds like racism to me. There doesn't seem to be any element of irony or humour at all.

It doesn't really feel appropriate to witter on about my weekend now, so I'll sign off.

Ronnie - sorry didn't mean to upset you where I live it's mostly Hispanic and there doesn't seem to be alot of problems, I don't have a problem with them I think alot of them are very hard workers and if you want a job done quickly and efficiently they are the ones to hire.

The hike yesterday was quite an event. SNOW< SNOW< SNOW, the end of june and we are hiking thru snow up to our thighs! My foot when down thru the snow once and OUCH, my shin rammed right into a big rock, my shin swelled up immediately, it's ok, now just 2 huge scuffs that look ugly and a bit swollen. We lost the trail because of all the snow and ended up climbing almost straight up a mountain side at one time (if it was winter I would say the area would have had an avalanche easily). Luckily we didn't get lost and as usual we had a good time.

Today I walked the dogs 2.5 miles and then did KCM weights both workouts. I was very mindful of what exercise and weight caused me to feel it in the back of the neck.

Ronne, I'm glad you felt comfortable to speak up. I wouldn't say any of the posts were meant to be racist and I apologize if they came across that way. Maybe it was my last phone post, you know phone posts are brief and hard to type. I was giving the stats of Liberal. And as I put together the abrasive behavior we got from the cops, I believe (and it's my opinion) there is some profiling going on (racial and other if the marijuana thing is to be believed --and I'm not denying it, I'm just miffed that stupid law has now made Colorado out to be the party state and they even have a tourism set up around it, but I digress). I feel any possible profiling isn't fair especially when you are mistaken for a different race (I'm sensitive to this as I am mistaken for Irish because of red hair and freckles, I don't have a drop of Irish blood (nothing against that), I get it from my 1/2 German side (and proud of it ---everyone should (and I think is) proud of their heritage), I hope no one holds Hitler against me! :) ). It was a very interesting experience how Liberal is at least 20 yrs behind the times (no online bill payment for utilities---gasp, DS will have to use a stamp!), people walking around with huge headphones (I think to their phone) that goes over their head, good and bad parts being separated by the railroad tracks, etc. I guess that's what you get with small towns, my GF and I was just discussing how Liberal is how our area of Colorado was 30 yrs ago. We now have the population of people to get more sophisticated stuff, but then we got the traffic too! I feel like I'm a pretty diverse person (I married a Japanese man 30 yrs ago, oooh, did that raise a lot of eyebrows! I knew my FIL didn't like it, but the rebel in me didn't really care). But I did feel like I stuck out like a sore thumb at family gatherings (red hair especially). Today it's all so much more integrated. I think it's interesting how times change. Anyway, thanks for speaking up, hope you accept my apology if I said/implied anything.

Roxie, I hope the planks were while the boat was moving! If so, :eek:

Jody, I think it was for the RT that is in July, maybe if we book hotel by Aug. I hate when I have those weanie days :)

Mary, don't you feel like you wasted your time sometimes when you get a bad w/o? That's why I stay with tried and true, but think it's great you are making lemonade out of lemons.

Murphy, thought of you today. Take it easy with weight increases. I think it was my increase in weight AND doing Cathe (vs KCM) that really got my neck irritated), I vow before you all that I WILL NOT PUSH IT! HOLD ME TO IT!

Off for massage today, will see what sore spots she finds, this is the first time I've extended out to 3 weeks. My pocketbook really needs to get the massages extended in time! Oh and DS first day on the job went well, the people are really nice he said. His co-workers helped him get something for work he needed (I didn't understand the engineering lingo) and took him out for lunch. His dog did well in the house all day too. DS took the dog out to the park at 6am to run and wear him out and all of a sudden there was a HUGE black stray dog.....DS was a bit nervous (you never know what ANY type of loose dog will do), told him to get some pepper spray. The stray dog problem is very sad :(

Last edited:
Hi all

Lisa & Roxie - thank you for your very gracious apologies/explanations. I'm so glad that we can be grown-ups about it. Roxie, I hope you're not leaving us. I wouldn't want that to happen.

It's another lovely sunny day here. (Whisper it) we are having a great summer so far. Had a lovely day at the tennis on Monday. Saw some great stuff. I enjoyed it so much I'm tempted to try and get more tickets for later this week! Although a big part of the enjoyment is spending the day with my friend and talking non-stop!
Been a bit slack on workouts. I was absolutely shattered yesterday so did yoga. Today is supposed to be CF. I should be able to manage it!

Hello! Today did the bike, so humid here, I was a puddle! Or maybe a pond! Ronne, I didn't see you at the match! Lisa, snow? That's crazy! Hope your leg is ok. Jody, you working? Roxie, are you boating? Hi Murphy! House cleaned, kids washed the floor, I did the rest. Hope all is well with everyone! Mary

fly by checkin, 3 mile dog walk, 40 min of bar basics on pilatesanytime (actually had some w/o ADD (I started 2 other w/o's before the bar one).

Mary, pond? that's quite the w/o and humidity :)

Ronne, I bet it's nice chatting with GF since you're a home worker.

Hi all

Late check-in today.

Lisa - I know those days when you can't decide what to do.

Mary - sounds like you're working hard. So the bike is OK now with your hip?

Took a day off work because it's a bit quiet. The pleasures of working for yourself! Did KC Weights both workouts premix then Ab Circuit Abs (subbing for STS Total Body which I don't have).
Then went into town for a bit of shopping. Got stuff mainly for DD of course, but got some face stuff and a T-shirt for me.

Hello! Had to go to PT this morning, just did the Firm UB. Ronne, hope you enjoyed the day! How is it when we go shopping the kids always make out and I put back what I wanted? Lisa, the humidity is crazy, my hair is quite puffy! Jody, where are you? Hi to Murphy and Roxie! I hope to make it back. We go on vacation Sunday, annual family trip. Saturday DD and I with friends are going to see Bruno Mars, DH has tri race also. So, I guess I'll have to pack tomorrow! Mary

I walked dogs 2.75 miles, then did CTX UB (back and chest only)--I'm trying to do less UB work all at once and hopefully isolate the exercises that are causing my neck muscles to fatigue. Wow, I'm a FAR way from weights that I was (15 lb bb instead of a 25 lb bb as an example). Oh, then I did 30 min of an intermediate pilates reformer w/o. In talking with my massage therapist, she confirmed that the back of neck muscles hurting is because they fatigue so quickly and it makes sense that I isolated that doing bicep curls with both arms at 8lbs is more work on the neck than bicep curl 10 lb for a single arm (like concentration curls). She said "the neck doesn't know you are only using one arm, it works fully no matter if you use one arm or 2 arms" AH, the light went on! :D BTW, she also said for osteoporosis that yoga is good for that because you want to strength at the insertion point into the bone (I carried that info back for my friend and thought I'd share on here).

Mary, sounds like you are going to be quite busy. How long do you have to do PT?

Ronne, one day you may get to get more stuff for yourself than DD. I'm telling the boys that we aren't getting any younger and that poor DH may want to retire someday (he just turned 58) so they better get settled in a stable career, gosh I hope by a couple years that both are settled into life so that we can retire peacefully :)

Waves to Roxie, Murphy and Jody, I know you're out there somewhere!

Hi All~
Tues was XT CBS, Wed was a slightly abbreviated XT CLB plus I rode to beach and back on bike (6 miles each way). It was about 95 out and the water was nice again, my thighs are dayglo red. Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noonday sun? As I pedaled in my neighbor told me I was crazy but I love it. Wed night was a full night shift and I slept about 4 hours today. Not sure if I will get a workout in today or not.
I will say here that I hope we continue to communicate our concerns and support each other.
Lisa, I keep feeling like I should learn some yoga. Mary, are you going to the lake again? Have fun at concert w/ dd. I was going to go snorkel w/ my dd but I slept, maybe next week. Ronne, nice for slow sometimes. I'm trying to do as much (fun) stuff I've been meaning to do but couldn't b/c I was busy. Roxie how are your results going? You can see I'm doing XT. I don't think it matters much anyway relative to the impact of diet. Murphy I hope you are well.

Attachments

• beach2014.jpg
    beach2014.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 5
This book I'm reading (the resurrection of Aubrey Miller) really opened some powerful emotions. I may not have a life threatening illness, but man, this has been the fight of my life and some days(today being one of them) I'm just tired of fighting. I never thought it would be this much recovery time. I just want to do the things I want without worrying whether it will make my neck hurt later. I just want to be normal again, and I fear I may never be.

I wonder if others in similar circumstances have the same thoughts. Or if it's just the weakness in me that prevails at these low points. In our society we are to stay strong and not show our pain. I'm tired, just tired, but time to buck up and continue the fight, show a strong exterior because that's what people want to see. Tomorrow I will start out strong again and hope to continue with that strength to the end of day and not long for all I've lost because I'm so rich in other ways. This is my prayer each and every night.

Hi all

Lisa - you don't have to live up to what people expect of you, if you feel bad then that's how you feel. I'm really sorry that this is so tough for you. I know I would be miserable under those circumstances (and would make the people around me miserable as well). I think though that you might have to accept that this is your new normal. It's a daft analogy I suppose, but you know when people have their first babies and they say 'I'm just waiting for it to get back to normal'? Well, that's it, that is their new normal and that might be where you are now. Sending you lots of hugs.

Jody - so you're doing an Xtrain rotation, of sorts? I really liked the 3 month rotation, felt like it really worked. Yeah, you've got to enjoy the quieter times, that's what I do now.

Mary - tell me about it! My main intention was to shop for me yesterday, I went in one clothes shop, tried a few things on and then couldn't be bothered! Enjoy the gig! And your holiday!

Did DWP today. Pretty much finished the June rotation, I messed around with this last week but overall I've pretty much stuck to it. It's been quite cardio heavy which has been a change for me. It's been effective.
Back at my desk today, break's over!
We're going out for pizza tonight, no good reason, just Friday!
More competitions this weekend, a gymnastics one this time, 4 piece, they go on for ever!

Hello! Today bike and PT. Ronne, enjoy that pizza! I think I could eat it everyday! That and Chipoltle! Lisa, I understand what you are talking about. You are getting there, just a time thing. It's the not knowing that really makes it hard! Jody, I love your beach shot! So much prettier than Lake Erie! Hi Roxie and Murphy! I'll be back a week from Monday, hope everyone has a good week! I'll miss you all! Mary

I only walked the dogs 1.5 miles because my DS dog (being the idiot she is), rubbed the side of her head in what looked to me like a big pile of bloody poop. ICK! Came back and did LIC cardio timesaver, tried to do the abs, I need the ab work.

Ronne, thanks for the kind encouraging words. Maybe I should just stop reading sad, sappy books :) I'm not at my 'new normal' yet, but when I get there I'm afraid I"ll be too old and then I'll be dealing with dialing back more because of age. I think I got some stinky genes! I want Cathe's genes :)

Mary, you are right, it's a time thing, this is taking much longer than I thought. And it means a lot to me for you to 'get' it. I take solace in the fact that medical professionals that understand this surgery I had and how it was a very major one. I am tired of being tired (I think my body is working triple overtime laying bone into the fusion and trying to repair the stretched out neck muscles), I feel guilty when I'm sleeping in an unintentional afternoon nap, and DH is working hard(guess it's a blessing I'm not working). And then waking up and ooh, I know, I overworked the neck muscles, again. Heck I'm in Colorado I should check out the illegal stuff for some relief :) If only it was that easy......

Jody, Your beach picture was cool, oh wait, hot!

I just watched the Cathe live clip, I saw a couple girls in the back looking like I do. For example the squat turning on the step, I don't turn. I hope there are others like me at the dbrt!

Ronne, yes I'm doing the XT rotation but with subs. Today I subbed (for XT Legs) in about 20 min of standing BG and LIS LB express pm for a total of about 40 min of legs. Yesterday I did a 21 Day Fix Plyo and 21 Day Fix 10 min Abs along with XT BS bi and tri ( the plyo for HS and Abs for XT Core 2). So in the end I'm not sure how it will all look! Mary enjoy your week! Lisa, I don't even want to think about how I'll look at RT. : (

Last edited:
Walked the dogs 2.25 miles and then came back and did CTX UB only SH/BI/TRI, I'm feeling pretty good in the back of the neck, so I think splitting up the UB portions are the way to go (along with doing alternating DB Bicep curls so that the neck isn't lifting too much, but the biceps are challenged). I do have knots/pain in my shoulder blade/levator scalpular (that's what holds your arm in it's socket and connects to neck), I think it was using such huge arm movements with LIC yesterday. So, I'm HOPE I'm learning the limits and can work within them!

Jody, you seem to have very varied w/o's! I am not that creative.

Just a quick pop-in to say I am still around. I did AT yesterday. I upped to 4 pounds and 6 pounds with legs. That really helped me mentally. Today was YM and abs. I am hoping the July rotation will work for me but if not, I may do the June rotation. It looked really good.

Lisa - I agree with what was said. My left upper arm and from my left underarm to under my left breast are numb. According the doctor's it may take a few weeks, months or years to get the feeling back (which means they don't know if it will come back at all - nerves were cut and may not mend/re-attach). I just look at is as though I will never have feeling in that area again and keep it moving. It bugged me at first but once I thought about it medically, this really may be my new normal. I make adjustments and keep going. Good luck, you will get there. Hugs and prayers.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Hi Murphy, nice to see you. Lisa, were you in less pain when you were doing pilates reformer and walking exclusively? Ronne, what did you like about your XT results and also what aspect of the XT rotation did you consider to be the most effective? Mary, I'm wearing an old Old Navy shirt that says, Happiness is Lake Erie!
Lesson I'm noticing from Murphy- stay in the now, not fantasize about the past or worry about the future.
I did AOLIH without the final 5 min or so of disks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.