40's Junebugs

Good Evening,

I did my planks at work this morning then a total body premix from KCM Muscle Up.

Ronne-its a tough premix.

Hello

Wow, where did everybody go?!! :D

Roxie - you must be getting pretty good at planks now!

Did SC as a sub for FT today. Missed out those pushup/sit ups at the end. Not sure what workouts I'll manage over the weekend. Quite busy again, got to do some shopping, cleaning and then DD's got another trampoline competition on Sunday!
Won't be here on Monday as I'm off to the first day of tennis at Wimbledon!!

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Ronne have a great weekend and fun at Wimbleton.

Roxie, I still haven't done my new KCMs! Did you see that promo where she showcases her 30MTF series?

Mary, can you tell much about the tryouts? LOL about college apps, its all about putting a package together to sell yourself. Your highschoolers seem well rounded and advanced, they should have no trouble getting what they want for college.

Murphy, are you trying any Cathe's yet? Lisa I know you are mia in KS.

I did CLB today. I was cancelled for my 12 hour day on Wed but was asked to work 7-12 on Thurs which turned into a full day shift and I didn't workout yesterday.

Hello! Today did the bike and PT. Jody, BIL bailed at last minute, still had fun just disappointing. I offered to try out with him......that didn't go very far! Not many people there either! I was so surprised! We had fun tho, golf carts, go carts, caves, mini golf and maybe a beer or two! Thank you for the kind words! Glad you got some hours. Ronne, have fun! I'll look for you on the tv! Lisa, how is Kansas? Did you find Roxie? Hi Murphy! Went out to go get DD from school, tire flat, have to go get that fixed! Thank goodness DF came through! Got DD, have a good day! Mary

Good Evening,

I had and uncomfortable night so no workout this morning but I did my planks when I got home.

Mary-Lisa is several hours away from me.

Jody-I have all but Shape Up in the KCM series and you really need to break out Muscle Up you would really like it.

Did SC today. Used 3 lb weights which is actually an improvement from my 2 lb weights. It is not that the weight is heavy, it is the supporting muscles and joints are not all cooperating. My left shoulder blade was really out of whack; but it is pretty much back in line now. I am really trying hard not to push it. I keep telling myself that slow and steady wins the race. ;-) Push-ups are still a challenge, the shoulder is just not there yet. I skipped the burpees and push-ups at the end.

Ronne - give us a wave from Wimbledon!
Jody - glad you got some hours.
Roxie - what did I miss with the planks? You are doing a great job.
Waves to Mary and Lisa

Murphy

Good morning! Did BS B&T, bike and PT. Murphy, have you tried wall push-ups? I do those because I can't put a lot of pressure on my hip flexors yet. It might make it easier to start there? Roxie, hope you are feeling better today. Jody, working? Lisa, are you back yet? Ronne, is having fun! Two grad parties this weekend, hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM's Home Gym Intervals 2 and I like this one its Bis and Tris then I attempted another run not as bad as last time but I still have a long way to go and really need to get to work on running. I still need to do my planks.

Murphy-I have been getting phone calls from KCM and she is also PMing me through facebook and text messages and she suggested I do 3 1 minute planks everyday to strengthen and reshape my core to get rid of the mommy tummy.

Mary-good job with your workout.

I did XT Bi and Tri but shortened, XT core 2 and a short pm of tabatacise- 2 segments. I put the KCM MU in but just wanted the bi and tri per the xt rotation, so its funny that Roxie did that but from HGI.

Tomorrow is XT Legs and I'm already looking at how to shave that workout. Heh heh, get it, shave Legs? I think I'll do all the standing and the hip thrust bonus plus some of the other stuff but the pm called for in the rotation is 80 some minutes including bonus delts.

Lisa, safe travels. Roxie, that is so cool about Kelly. It is doing the south Fl summer raining every afternoon thing here and I'll have to be more proactive if I want to get outside and run or walk. Mary, I'm so bummed that your hubs didn't get to try out! Did you get your tire fixed ok? Murphy that sounds like an awesome workout for you. If it is challenging for you, it is challenging. I had very little energy for cardio today so I feel good about my little 2 segment tabata- it was hard! Maybe next time it won't be.

I just got back, exhausted! My fitbit said I got in 10,000 everyday so I didn't just sit around! Had a rotten trip there, we got a speeding ticket, grrrr, oh wait, not one but two! One cop, pulled over us in our car and DS in his car (at the same time). I guess there are hand signals cops use now to pull over multiple cars. Kiss $350 goodbye. Cop did a u-turn and we knew one of us was getting the ticket, never thought it would be both of us! Cop turned on his lights, DS pulled over, cop went past him, we pulled over (so we thought, good he got us not DS), well, I guess the cop pointed forward as he went by DS (DS didn't know what that meant (and neither would I)), so DS pulled back onto the highway, at this point, cop is stopped behind us and then pulls out after DS and makes a motion with his hand to us (there were 2 cops in the car). We didn't know what the heck was going on! Cop then put on lights for DS and pulls him over. DH and I are confused as to what was going on and DH said the cops put up their fingers as they went by (I wouldn't have (and didn't see ), who looks at people as they go by? I can't crank my neck enough! Anyway, Cop says to DS, that hand signal didn't mean for you to go, it meant for you to pull behind me. As we then pull out and go by the cop that now has DS pulled over, they (in a very aggressive way) motioned for us to get the hell over. So while they had DS pulled over, I guess DS dropped his hands down to his sides and cop yelled, keep your hands where we can see them. Meanwhile 2nd cop is watching passenger side (for both DS and us). Wow, I guess Scott City, KS must be a pretty rough place! And wow what a speed trap! I told my BFF about it and she ran into one (with the hands signals that she didn't understand either) in Trindad, 2 cop cars manages to get 7 people all together. Now, have any of you ever experience anything like that?

So we got DS settled in (he appreciated everything). I think he was ready for us to leave but then not really since he's in a new town. (heck new state). He knew that a friend of his was living there on same street as him, however he had no idea the friend literally lived across the street and down one house! So that is good. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good 1st day. The doggie daycare is CRAP there (they just put them in kennels and take them out 3x a day), here doggie daycare the dogs play with each other. So hopefully dog will be ok in house all day (his friend should be able to stop by this week to let him out and maybe then he can just come home at lunch). Not worried about him peeing in house, just that the dog gets lonely. DS is going to get up in the mornings to give the dog a nice run so he will be more tired.

I've kept up with all your postings, I'll try to get back into the swing of personals next checkin. Laters.

Good morning! Today did a spin workout I found on you tube, of course it was on a stationary bike, but I sweated up a storm! Lisa, wow! Sounds like something out of a movie! Like a horror movie, one of those bad cop kind of movie! Glad you are home! Jody, PLEASE tell me you did all of XT legs!! I LoVE that one and miss it! Roxie, how awesome that she calls you! I got excited once when Cathe responded to me here on the forums, I don't know what I would do if she actually called me! I'm sure I'd be speechless! Ronne, have fun tomorrow! Wave and jump up and down so we can see you on the TV! Hi Murphy! Another grad party today. We had 2 yesterday! I didn't get any cake tho, hope I get some today! Mary

I walked the dogs 2.5 miles and then did 50 min of pilates reformer. Doing laundry-max and hope to get some rest in ( I did sleep 9 hrs last night).

Jody, I read on one of the forums while in KS that the hotel for the RT was out of rooms, I think it was for another one that is coming up soon (whatever that one is), but maybe we shouldn't dwaddle too much longer on making reservations. Did you get your legs "shaved"? haha I'm finding I hardly have any hair anymore on my legs so I quit shaving them, joys of meno I guess.

Murphy, I agree with Jody, if it's challenging for you then it's challenging. My bottom of skull pain wasn't bad while helping DS, so I'm thinking I'm using too heavy of weights for UB (heck only 8 lbs) that my poor stretched neck muscles can handle. I need to get back to doing what's challenging for me vs feeling awful afterward. Who would think it'd take this long....sigh.

Mary, so your surgery irritated your hip flexors? Since I've never dealt with anything major, it amazes me everything that is involved in this amazing body we have, but geez, enough already sometimes I feel!

Ronne, enjoy DD gymnastics and Wimbledon on Monday....I'll be out enjoying the mountains I hope!

Roxie, I'll try not to form a bad opinion of Kansas based on my cop experience :) It seemed 10 degrees hotter than here and when I get hot, I get grumpy.

I think I'll be hiking tomorrow, I really need some away time, I've had family (especially DH) around too much and they are all irritating me. I'm sure the heat isn't helping, not to mention the lack of sleep....I really missed my bed! DH and I are not used to sleeping in a Queen, I was about ready to kick him out (poor guy). I'm not a good traveler, have ya'll noticed?

Good Evening,

Spent the day at the lake it was a gorgeous day. I did my planks while lying on the back of the boat talk about a challenge. I am working tomarrow and then I am taking the rest of the week off with DH he is on vacation.

Lisa-go ahead and judge KS out there the area is full of hispanics so it is a rough place to be but I have never heard of cop signals either.

Mary-sounds like a good workout.

I went to the beach today and snorkeled for a few hours with a friend. What a beautiful day and the water was gorgeous and the reef was beautiful- there were lots of parrot fish and all kinds of tropical fishes and I even saw a little shark, prob a nurse shark, she was hanging out under a rocky ledge.
Mary, I did NOT do all of XT Legs. I skipped a lot of the ball, floor and barre parts. Actually, that whole workout reminds me of an Xtend class. I did do 100 Hip Thrust plus the rear delt bonus.
Lisa, I will check on hotel again. I don't want to miss out (but I'm also running on zilch for income).
Look at us in our elements, Ronne at the quintessential British sporting event, Lisa hiking in the CO mtns, me in the ocean. Roxie at the lake? Its hot in Topeka https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheMe8y3Oqs Mary, you need to go to Cedar Point or Kings Island! Murphy, IDK!

Good Morning,

I will be back with a workout later.

Lisa-there are 2 reasons you got stopped one you were speeding which is frowned upon and 2 they are stopping anybody with Colorado tags due to illegal marijuana.

Jody-sounds like a fun day.

Roxie, interesting about the legal marijuana! Lisa, I hope you enjoy your hike. Mary, did you find any other new w/o on youtube for today? I did AOLI plus Core 1. I thought the core was hard b/c I did legs yesterday but now that I think about it, the planks were nearly unbearable, too. I guess I must just be a weanie today. Oh well.

Roxy I understand about the speeding but since when does one cop get to pull over two or more cars?

Waiting for friend the base of the mountain so we can drive up in one car, she's running late! Hope we beat the afternoon showers

Last edited:
Hello! Today did XT BS CB&S, bike, etc. Lisa, have fun hiking and with friend! Roxie. Talk about a balance challenge with your planks! Jody, sounds like a perfect day! I just search different workouts on line. There are some good ones and really, really bad ones! Ronne, hope you are having fun! Hi Murphy! Hitting the pool today, hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Good Evening,

I did my planks today and some other ab work while at work today but that is all I did.

Lisa-I have seen a cop have more then 1 person pulled over never knew how they did it.

Mary-it was quite the challenge.

Good Morning,

I had right shoulder pain when I came home from work yesterday and it was really sore when I got up this morning but I did KCM Muscle Up 1 Back, Chest and Shoulders. We are headed to the lake today and hope the rain holds off. It looks like Wed and Thurs its suppose to rain all day.

Stats:
Rows-20's/8 reps/3 sets
Bench Press-15's/8 reps/3 sets
Lawnmowers-20's/8 reps/3 sets
Flys-15's/8 reps/3 sets
Pullovers-15's/8 reps/3 sets
Pushups-8 reps/3 sets on knees
Arnold Press-15's/8 reps/1 set 12's/8 reps/1 set
Crunches-32 2 sets
Lateral Raise-10's/8 reps/3 sets these hurt
Boxer Toe Touches-32 2 sets
Bent Over Lateral Raise-10's/8 reps/2 sets
Superman-8 reps 2 sets

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.