40's Junebugs

I did my 2.5 mile dog walk (it was hot!), and 60 min on pilates reformer (more sweat!) and a quick vacuum, I'm ready to eat and rest!

Ronne, thanks for the pep talk! so close, yet so far :)

Jody, as the docs say, I can't hurt my neck (those titanium plates are strong :) ), it's really muscles, totally different than pre-surgery and I do believe it's just a matter of time before it is close to as strong as it was (I'm impatient sometimes...ok, ok, a lot of the time :) ) You be careful with yours! Sounds like you are getting into lots of workouts!

Mary, yea, 1 crutch! Celebrate every small achievement! I think it was just too much and too much weight for the movements. The muscles that hurt (slight soreness and stiff) are the ones where they bunched all up after surgery...I had a humpback (I don't think I ever told you all that), the docs said that hump was from the muscles (and I did see lots of hump backs in the office after they got out of neck braces so I knew it was "normal"). My hump is gone but the muscles tire easily there...I'm hoping this is the LAST thing and in a couple months I'll be closer to 90% back, wow, long journey, but we 40's are tough!

ETA: I got in a 2 hr session of nap-max. The day just seems to fly by when I do that :)

Last edited:
Good Evening,

I did KCM's Kickboxing 1 before work and planks when I got home. Today is DH and I's 31st Anniversary and youngest DD ruined it by being a pain over wedding plans and we still have a year to get things done. I got a haircut today and it feels so much better.

Lisa-good job with your workout. It wasn't hot here perfect day.

Mary-KCM is great which makes it hard to switch from her workouts.

Jody-when I do LM I just do the step portion not the blasts.

Hello

Roxie - are you doing anything for your anniversary?

Lisa - nap max, my favourite!!

Jody - can you look further afield for work?

Hi Mary and Murphy if you're lurking.

Decided to sub rotation today, was supposed to do PUB but don't really want to do another UB workout this week, so did yoga instead. Just right.
Going round to neighbours for a little gathering early evening, should be nice.

Morning! Today did XT disc 2, bis and tris. Ronne, have fun this evening! Roxie, happy anniversary! 31 years is a long time! Congrats! Jody, could you keep this job and go PRN somewhere else? Lisa, those dogs must get so excited to see the leashes! Hi Murphy! Not much today, very cloudy, might rain. Have a good day! Mary

Good Morning,

Warning Rant! We are wasting a perfect lake day to go book a place for this wedding to take place next year DD insisted it had to be done today when I tried to get her to wait until the 25th when DH and I are on vacation but she called me selfish for choosing the lake over her so she pulled the daddy card and got what she wanted. I am going to tell her that after today I don't want to hear about the wedding until we go look at dresses in August. She wants to send out invitations this month. Rant over for now.

Mary-good job with your workout.

Ronne-sometimes we have to change things up. DH grilled steaks for supper but other than that we didn't do anything.

Roxie, UGH! Its too bad you guys didn't get to go out- especially since your anniversary and all.

Mary and Ronne, yes I am looking for an additional PRN. Mary, are the crutches cramping your cleaning style? Ronne, love when you end up w/ "perfect" feeling for workout. Enjoy your eve.

Lisa, if I'd had a hump back its the first thing I would have bitched about!

I did IMAX 2 Blast premix and XT BS chest.

I did almost 3 miles for a dog walk and GG Extreme (I did it for you mary and I was cursing you the whole time! :) ) those stab ball roll ins did me in, always has been hard to keep the hips up, reminds me of a pilates exercise that I do (but we only do 5-10, I can keep my form for that many). The floorwork I was just ready to be done with! I feel great though! Love taking a shower after a good sweaty w/o! Neck is better, lats sore....hmmm, not sure what I did to make them sore yesterday some pilates move :)

Roxie, that is too bad, kids no matter the age tend to think of themselves, not Mom and Dad until it's too late.

Jody, lol, I guess I didn't bitch to you all about the hump, but my family and bff heard (and saw it all). I was a cross between hunchback of notre dame's girlfriend and Frankenstein's bride (ie, the neck brace) :) I was wondering about crutches/cleaning too, but then I remembered how sweet Mary's kids are, they are probably taking good care of her :)

Mary, heck, my dog knows when I put on my sunscreen that she's going for a walk! She also knows to go to the front door and sit to wait for the leash to go on.

Jody, never answered you about my DS dog, he is goofy, guess you can tell from the pics :) He is such a sweetie for a big dog (I've never been around big dogs). He's 9 mths and 70 lb already! A bid dopey dufus (but smart). Oh, I may be obsessing a bit on the fitbit....needed only 200 more steps to get to 10,000 when I went to bed last night so I had to walk around a bit. Today I already had 10,000 after my walk and before GG, I'd love to get to 15,000, but I'm feeling rest-max calling my name and may turn into nap-max :)

Ronne, During the stretch of GG, um, yea, I'm more flexible than I was. Marlo looks like how I used to be :) and now I've passed up Brenda, especially on the left, I can grab my ankle on the laying down put you foot in the air stretch at the beginning, woot! I swear the days I use the bone stimulator (to try to finish the bones fusing in my neck), I'm more tired the next day, hence nap-max. I think it's a lot of work for the body to lay down all that bone! Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it! :)

Good Evening,

We went and looked at the venue and booked but now the grooms parents have decided they don't want to help pay for it so now we are stuck, I told DD to keep the bill at 1100.00 and no more if it goes higher they have to pay it really pisses me off because they don't even want to pay for a rehearsal supper. I have hair appts to pay for and oldest DD's bridesmaid dress. I think I am going to do a 5K fun run with oldest DD so I started training tonite I did CK25 WK1 D1 and my planks this afternoon.

Lisa-I didn't think this DD would be such a pain because she was upset about the way her sister acted during her wedding but I was wrong. Good job on the walk today.

Jody-its ok we both had to work on our anniversary.

Hello

Roxie - weddings bring so much joy! :confused: Fun run sounds like a good plan!

Lisa - I always skip stab ball roll-ins in every DVD, if I'm feeling virtuous I do something else, if not I just miss them out. I hate them! Always feel like it's too much pressure on my back rather than working my hamstrings.

Jody - good workout!

Mary - are the kids looking after you?

Had a nice evening with the neighbours. We're so lucky, we live in a really nice part of the city and there are some lovely people living here.
Did Imax 2, not done that one in ages. Sweaty wreck by the end!
Just ordered myself some new workout gear, top, bottoms and bra. Had some vouchers so by the time I'd applied everything it was almost half price!

Good morning! Did the heavy bag tabatas from HS. Ronne, I love new workout stuff! I did a little bing at Victorias Secret yesterday, was their semi annual sale. Roxie, sorry about DD. Maybe she was nervous the date would get snatched up? DH and I did a surprise wedding, planned it just the 2 of us, sent invites out to"celebrate" and got married, then had a reception. It was perfect, no drama! Jody, I'm not allowed to get on my hands and knees to wash the floor! I'm training the kids! Lisa, thank goodness the hump went away! Ronne is totally right, think how far you have come! Hi Murphy! Have to get ready to go to PT. Have a good day! Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM Muscle Up 2 Legs, Bis and Tris then my planks.

Stats:
Sumo Squats-20lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Bridges-20lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Lunges-15lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Stiff Leg Deadlifts-20lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Curtsy Squats-15lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Praying Frog Squats-2 sets 16 reps.
Flip Curls-12lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Skull Crushers-12lbs 1 sets 8 reps 10lbs 1 set 8 reps.
Side Curls-12lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Overhead Tricep Extension-12lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Hammer Curls-12lbs 2 sets 8 reps.
Kickbacks-10lbs 2 sets 8 reps.

Ronne-its a Color Run so I need old clothes and shoes because its a mess. I just want this wedding over with.

Mary-way to put the kids to work. We tried to keep it simple and cheap for our parents and definetly no drama.

Late checkin, I walked the dogs this morning for about 2.75 miles, then had to go over to my sisters where DS and I put on some window film for her patio doors, she hadn't cleaned the windows, so I had to, grrr, I felt it in my right neck muscle to shoulder and skull muscle, so came home and rested (accidentally napped---not very well), I did manage to get in CTX UB, hope I didn't overdo it. I gave my sister my old pilates machine because docs say it would be good for her to do and we are going to take some private lessons (even at the majorly different levels...it's one way I'm trying to support her--I don't expect her to keep up with it though---with her track record).

Roxie, wow! what a workout!

Mary, hopefully my saga helps you thru you recovery.

Ronne, yippee for new w/o clothes! and 1/2 off! I must admit I've been doing some online shopping at old navy for workout stuff. I figure it's been years (at least 8) since I really bought something since this last binge so I'm not feeling guilty :) The thing in pilates is they would much rather you do 3-5 with good form than a lot with bad form. I think it is something like the stab ball roll ins that causes my right glute to my right butt dimples to feel really worked. Not sure if its' because my right hip is more open than my left.

So, in the interest of figuring out why I feel I have a harder time wrapping past my toes in a stretch (though I am much better), I have a theory in that my leg length is longer than normal for my height. So I looked up avg length and found your legs are 46% of your body height, mine is 47.5%. Here is the webpage, so ladies, measure yourself and report back! :) I'm wondering if that extra leg length of an inch (2.5 centimeters for Ronne) makes a difference....
The REAL leg percentage calculation - soompi

Oh yea, and OUCHIE this morning when I got out of bed with calf DOMS! Those calf raises in GG Bonus Bar got me!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies

Lisa - oh, I like that link. I'm going to get DH to help me measure. I've got short legs so it'll be interesting to see if that's confirmed!

Roxie - good workout.

Mary - what a great way to get married.

4DS KB all the way through today. Haven't done the whole thing for ages. I quite enjoyed it!
Got quite a busy weekend on. It's Father's Day on Sunday, so we're going out for lunch and then for a walk. Probably won't get a workout in.

Good morning! Today did the bike!! I'm advancing! Even can do some mini squats! Ronne, a walk sounds like a workout! Weird how our Father's Day is the same, but Mother's Day is different. Lisa, your sister is lucky to have you! Roxie, that sounds like a good workout, might have to look into it! Jody, are you working? Hi Murphy! Have to get gifts for all the dad's today! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Calves still sore and now neck sore, I really do not like having doms in my neck :( I only did 2 mile dog walk and I did PRS2 step mix PM (45 min, some combos from #2 and #1), I enjoyed the mixture. I only used the step, no risers (else I might kill myself twisting and turning :) )

ronne, It's amazing how many w/o's we have to make an old one seem new :) I'd be interested in your leg length, it's like that last inch is escaping me :)

Mary, be careful! Did you do those in PT? woot to progress!!!!

Waves to Jody, Murphy and Roxie.

Lisa, I bet one of my legs is shorter than the other. I can touch the step much easier on one side than the other during LIC and other workouts. Doesn't arm length play into it? Also what about the spare tire I have to reach over?

Mary, I'm so happy for your progress, that seems quick actually!

Roxie, I still haven't played my new KCMs. Thanks for that breakdown.

Ronne, enjoy your weekend.

I did Intensity step only, CW abs and XT BS shoulders. Waves to all.

Good Afternoon,

I did CK25 WK1 D2 second day of training but still need more running waiting on the streets to dry to go outside and I did my planks here at work.

Jody-your welcome.

Jody, very good points! Found this on arm length: Ape Index Calculator - Discover Your Monkeyness My arm length is equal to height, so normal arms. As for the belly, yea, seem to have to move around it at times :eek:. As far as one leg being longer than the other, when I had my run analyzed they said my right leg was probably longer since I turned out that foot. My fantastic massage therapist validated that the right leg is a bit longer but not enough to cause major skeletal problems and that I shouldn't need a lift in my shoe. Interestingly it is my right leg that is longer and that is the leg I have more problem reaching around my foot (that's also the leg inseam I measured). So, now everyone grab your tape measures :) and see if you are a t-rex or naked model (must view website to understand). Oh and yes, it's my right foot i can reach down easier from the step than the left, for example when tapping off right/left.

Isn't this fun????!?!!??!?!

Last edited:
Lisa, I'm usually up for such things but I'm going to hold off for now. I am having a stand off with the tape measure. I did get to Old Navy and found some tanks. I think I have the same spider web outfit as you only in blue so maybe we will be twinsies at RT?

Roxie, do you run on TM when you can't get outside?

Mary, any luck shopping for the Dads?

I'm scheduled to work for the next three night shifts. I had 5 hours on my last two week paycheck.

I did BC cardio and LB only pm, core only pm, and XT BS Back only. Oh and last night I did an extra workout, 21DayFix total body cardio.

Just got cancelled for tonight, prob all the rest of shifts too.

Last edited:
Hello! Today did GS C&T, also the bike! All PT approved! Little setback, now getting tendonitis is right hip, little frustrating. PT thinks because it has been doing all the work for almost a month. Hopefully, will work itself out. Jody, glad you are getting some more hours. Has to be a relief. Lisa, interesting stuff about length of body parts. I blame my height on why tuck jumps, etc so pitiful! Roxie, are you on the boat today? Ronne, what fun are you getting into? Hello Murphy! Hanging out today, have to make some plans! Have a good day! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.