40's Junebugs

Good Morning,

I did KCM's Muscle Up 2 Legs, Bis and Tris used 20's for legs and 10/12's for upper body. I will plank in a few minutes but first I need to lock the doors to keep them from blowing open. I drove to work in pouring down rain, lightening and thunder not fun. Word is boss man is being released today so I will find out what happend.

Jody-car buying does not sound like fun.

Ronne-good job with your workout.

I did 1.9 mile dog walk and KCM YBB w/o #1 and KCM Cardio Quick Fix w/o #1. The back of my neck hurts a bit so that's why I didn't push more on UB weights (ie. didn't do YBB w/o #2 also). I'm trying to get what I can in before I get busy with DS and getting him moved to KS....still waiting to hear from moving company when they will have his stuff there.

Ronne, I quit trying that p/u-sit up combo, I use time when I can't do some of Cathe's abs to add more stretching in that I need for my areas. I am noticing some extra flexibility in my hamstrings, I think I need more stretches for my lower back and I forgot to ask my massage therapist last time. I have a hard time sitting on floor with legs out straight in front of you and keeping my back flat and lifted (ie, not rounded) any suggestions?

Jody, I got to thinking, maybe we are hitting that next decade where what worked in the past isn't working and we have to do something else. For example, 20's, you just exercised more, 30's maybe watched your diet a bit with more exercise, 40's watched your diet even more and exercise, 50's, ??? don't eat? LOL All joking aside, maybe it is hardly eat anything fun or take the extra 10 lbs? Maybe we should lurk on the 50's group checkin :)

Roxie, I'm ready for spring storms and allergies to be over! Thinking maybe my slight headache is adding to my neck hurting at base of skull, I think storms are supposed to be rolling thru, though here we hardly see the rain because it evaporates before it hits the ground.

Mary, You should be a proud mamma of those kids of yours! How are you doing with your chair cardio? I know the massage therapist did say that a stationary bike would be good for people with hip replacements. Do you really still expect to jump after you are all healed up or are you going to join me in the no jumping club? My joints aren't worth it, I can get enough via LI.

Last edited:
Hi girls! So late today! Jody, good luck tomorrow! Prayers for you, I know you are going to do amazing! Roxie, glad boss man is out and hope he is ok. Lisa, went to PT today, went on the bike for 5 minutes. Was so happy! Went to look at new bikes, so sad at price. Kids bathroom leaked through living room ceiling. DH had to tear down ceiling, all the pipes need to be replaced, tub, sub-floor, floor. Sad thing is, we just re-did their bathroom a few years ago. There goes my bike. Also, something is wrong with dryer, it "screams" now. Rough day, I'm a little down. I so want to be able to do what I was able to do before, they said I'll be able in a year. I'm tired of the crutches, today they said about 2 more weeks, ok, I'm done complaining. I'm sorry. Just not much good news anywhere today. Ronne, glad you got some sleep! Jody, that car business would just make me throw in the towel! Hi Murphy. Sorry about all the crabbing, I'll be better tomorrow, Mary

Mary your bathroom trumps my car stuff. You can tell us, we are here for each other highs and lows. I'm phone bed posting, more later but today test pass, tomorrow I hope ok. Oh and a child had meltdown in the office x 30 min while testing.
I'm like, seriously, I'm taking a 400$ exam, can we keep it down out there? Seriously, someone freaking manage that now.
Athletic step done this morn. : )
Lisa I'm thinking young and thin. Mind over matter.
Oh and re green smoothies in our room, I was thinking of bring ing blend tec and selling smoothies to fellow road trippers to off set cost of room. We can serve on ocean view balcony :) just kidding.

Good afternoon!

Jody - you make me laugh!! Hope it didn't put you off too much!

Mary - I'm so sorry - one of those everything going wrong days, we all get them, moan away. The bathroom sounds like a nightmare.

Lisa - doing standing arches are good for lower back (just hands on thighs and arching lower back), also cross legged on floor, bending forward (you don't need to keep your back flat), that always gives my lower back a good stretch.

Roxie - weather sounds horrible.

Half day for me - I'm going into town to do boring banking stuff and meet DD for the orthodontist (a wire came out).
Xtrain CBS done.
No great plans for the weekend, lots of washing and housework to do. Might go punting on Sunday if weather's good.

I did 1.85 mile dog walk (it was muggy, no breeze, ugh), and then tried out 30/30, I was able to make everything LI and got up a good sweat, it's been at least 1.5 yrs since I've done that w/o. Then did KCM Cardio QF Bonus Abs/Glutes. I had an epiphany while I was working out. My neck at base of skull was driving me crazy yesterday, thought maybe I overdid it on weights (my bi's were sore!) anyways, I got to thinking how my left shoulder blade my massage lady said how after she got out the knots that it was just the insertion point into the bone, now the same with my right lower back (butt dimple)...says they get less flexible as you age (not to mention the trauma my spine went thru), so I said, AHA! That's it, it's the insertion point into the skull (I guess there is one), so I need to stretch it! So always adding in neck stretch down and to the side, hoping that helps. Why it took me so long to figure this out I don't know, PT never had me do any neck stretches, just worked on rotation. I am hoping this helps because I was about ready to pull my hair out yesterday and last night as I got all upset that it is hurting more (probably because I'm doing more) and will I ever GET THERE to where it doesn't hurt and I can do the workouts i want!

Mary, Grumble away, get it out! Sounds like a string of bad luck :( I have a saying about Murphy's law...if it can happen, it will happen to me :) Darn Murphy (not you 40's Murphy :) ) I think there must be 7 stages to recovery like there is 7 stages to grief! Just know you are doing what you can to get back to your new normal, at least you aren't taking it sitting down, er, well, I guess you are, (hope you don't mind my dry humor), anyways, you are doing everythign to try to help yourself, that's more than 85% of the people (per my massage therapist, she says only about 15% of her clients listen to her --I'm one of the 15% :) )

Ronne, now I know why you are so good at stretching, you have a gymnast (wow, my brain is firing on all cylinders today :) it's been a while). I always did do that 2nd stretch, and I add in pigeon every day now (I like to do it on the reformer seems to help my back and glute). I didn't think about the arching helping, I'd been thinking of adding in the yoga bow pose, now I'll add that into my daily list of stretches (keeps getting longer).

Jody, There you go with your optimistic thoughts, I wouldn't call mine pessimistic, just maybe realistic. I will try to really buckle down diet again after DS is in KS. There is always that saying, change the things you can, accept the ones you can't and be wise enough to know the difference (or something like that). That's my mantra lately :)

Hello! Sorry never made it here yesterday, last day of school, busy. Did chair cardio yesterday, today PUB. I better have some buff arms after this! Jody, how did you do yesterday? Kept you in my prayers! Lisa, hope you are feeling ok. Roxie, boating today? Ronne, hope you are having fun! Hi Murphy! Garage door fixed, dryer next. Have to work up to the bathroom! Thanks for listening to me the other day, try not to get down, just didn't work tho! I'm am ready to stick these crutches somewhere tho! Have a good weekend! Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM HGI 1 this morning then DH and I went to the lake and did my planks when we got home. DD, SIL and GS are coming down tomarrow to go to the lake wasn't expecting that a nice surprise. It took a while but I learned how to get off the TM without falling. KCM tells you to slow it down before you get off then speed up when you get back on. I really liked this workout only used 7lbs but probably could have gone up a little bit but the throwing the wt over your head scares me a little.

Mary-we always listen to people vent, lord knows I do enough of it.

Not sure what I'm doing today exactly other than NOT studying for any exams! Pass Pass on my exams. I like taking tests but the clinical sims is very stressful and not fun at all. Glad that crap is done. More financial chaos w/ dd- midst all the car selling and buying, her debit card may have been hacked and she had her acct cleaned out.

I just talked to my mom about banking and stuff and asked her to check her accts.
Me after I speak w/ my mom most of time. --->OMG HEAD DESK HEAD DESK HEAD DESK

Good news, I think the money gone has to do w/ taxes on the new car and not a fraud. Plus I sold the 92 Camry this morning. It was dicey, I had 3 buyers converging at the same time and one was pretty angry about me selling it to another. In hind sight, I would have handled it differently.

additional edit- I did CW, mostly just the cardio part and DD2 picked up her new Civic. She looks adorable in it and I am happy for her. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Busy weekend. I did dog walks both days, only 1.25 miles each day. Saturday I did a 60 min Pilates Reformer w/o (I like doing this on what would be a rest or low energy day) and today I did S&G. I splurged and got a fitbit, hoping that motivates me to move more and more (or maybe it will tell me I'm moving enough already :) )

Mary, OY, I thought of you doing all the Jumping jacks during S&G today, the arms on the jumping jacks were even too much (felt my muscle from neck to shoulder saying enough), I bet you will have a strong and buff UB!

Jody, glad the car ordeal is behind you. Heck if someone had cash for what I was selling it for, it goes to the first person that gives me cash (unless I got a super good vibe they were good for it, but it's so scary lately and you hate to miss out on the sell.)

Roxie, I think I saw a reply from KCM on one of your posts on FB, I really like her response (I think I pressed Like on it too).

Hi everyone

Lisa - another lower back stretch is just to do a forward bend standing up, if you just let your arms hang down to the ground, it really gets your lower back. Well done on 30/30! It's still possible to do them without the impact, isn't it?

Jody - glad all your car hassles are sorted out and everyone's happy! And what a relief to get your exams finished - that is it now, isn't it?

Roxie - hope you had fun on the boat.

Had quite a busy weekend. We managed to get out on the punt yesterday, with some friends as well. Had a picnic. We got rained on, on the way back, but my friend's 8 year old son made up such a funny song about it we were all singing!
Did 40/20 on Sat and MM today.
Looks like we've got some sunny weather for the next few days, hurray!

Good morning! Today did XT disc 1 CB&S, had to modify a bit, no ball, I think I still did ok. Ronne, is the punt a park? Enjoy your weather. Lisa, S&G has never been one of my favorites. Did you do the band work? Does that bother your neck? Jody, CONGRATS! Also, to DD! Your stuff about your mom cracked me up! That happens to me a lot also! Roxie, hope you had fun at lake! Hanging out with kids today, hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi everyone! I did a 2.5 mile dog walk and then FT (I just love that w/o). DH's back is hurting, he's all humped over like a hurt animal acting all pathetic. I bet you think I have no sympathy. I just don't think his hurts as bad as mine did especially since he doesn't know what he did. OK, ok, I feel a bit bad for him, and now he has even more sympathy for everything I've been thru.

Ronne, It seems I just have to remember to put ALL of these stretches in, just one type is just not enough. Sounds like you had a fun time, it rained all day yesterday but sunny today thankfully.

Mary, I was not liking all those jumping jacks in S&G! The band work was ok, it didn't hurt my neck, more the upper trap which is the one the massage therapist says needs more muscle tone, I'm going to start doing shrugs on that side only. I did have to go to the pink band for the back work, the bicep work was good. The leg work I was able to do easier (on floor with legs in air), I think it's the pilates helping that, I didn't like the chest (p/u) or triceps (tri p/u), I also found a good ab exercise for me on there....it's where you sit up doing moves like a bicycle but your feet are on the discs.....no neck issues for that one so I'm going to start subbing that one in in the ab exercises I can't do. BTW, I have to modify with no ball too on that w/o, I can't do incline anything on the ball (neck isn't strong enough), but I do have a bench that I can put on an incline and rest my head on.

I gotta run, time is already getting away from me today!

Good Evening,

We had alot of fun on the boat yesterday but now GS has a tummy bug. Its cold and rainy here today. I did KCM's Muscle Up 1 today and went up in wts no 8lbders this time.

Lisa-wish I could walk outside but all the streets in town are gravel so they are quite messy. KCM really cares about her fans and it was a great and motivating post.

Mary-good job with your workout.

Ronne-sounds like a fun weekend.

Hi everyone!
I did Low Max today. Sorta planned on doing more but, Nope!

Roxie, my next wt workout will be MU. I got HGI as well, but that one will wait. Mostly b/c I don't have any equipment! Someone somewhere will post a good substitute plan for those intervals. Hope GS better asap.

Lisa, tell how you like the fitbit. I am concerned I'd get obsessed but I've been interested in them. BTW, from your FB page I can tell you really love your son's dog in spite of his goofiness (the dog's not your son's). I hope hubbers back is better. I thought of you when my neck started hurting in lowmax and I expected pain all day but it was fine -so not sure if step is culprit.

Mary, thank you! I'm so happy to be done with those exams. Ha, I was throwing out massive amts of school work today. That is practically like cleaning, you would like that! That is so awesome that you are getting in the upper body work. Talk about making lemonade from lemons. I wonder if a lot of it is harder because you are sitting, too. I always stand even when Cathe sits, I think b/c it is easier.

Ronne, the only other exams I need to take are specialty ones that I will consider once I additional employment. I need to work and my job slowed way down. It is a small dept anyway but they only used 3 people on day shift the other day. Oh and my boss was let go last week--> adding to the overall instability of the situation. I thought serenades were part of punting, but it sounds like it was a comical sing along.

My friend just got back from her trip to New Zealand. She had an amazing adventure. I wanna go!!

I'm here with just personals, will bbl for w/o details. I did overdo it a bit yest and my neck has DOMS and believe me DOMS do not feel good in the neck! :) I have tri DOMS too....must be from the tricep dips (haven't done those since pre surgery either). I just want to be back to normal, I'm getting antsy now that I can do stuff I want to be back to my old self. I finally laid down to rest and fell asleep for a 1.5 hr nap (again, I still get tired easily, sigh).

Roxie, I prefer the gravel and dirt trails, but after rain I stay on the pavement. I really love it when I have the trail to myself.

Jody, I am liking this fitbit. I had one 3 yrs ago and returned it after a week...it clipped on and was cracking and quit syncing with my computer. this one is the Flex and syncs wirelessly with my phone. It tracks your sleep too. Oh, it can be integrated with Endomondo app...speaking of that did you drop that too? I didn't think i saw you on my friends list for that app anymore. I like checking it after an activity and it verifies that I was doing about what I thought I was. Said I burned 2700 calories yesterday, so I was underestimating that. Now to get the diet worked on...ah someday. Sounds like feast or famine with your work, any leads on other jobs now that you've graduated,e tc?

DH back is slowly getting better, he has a greater appreciation for what I've been thru now. I hope it's better before we have to drive to KS.

Right now I'm planning a 2.5 dog walk, some pilates (have to take it easy), and vacuum-max...hopefully I'll be back to report greatness :)

Good morning! Today did Jessica Smith chair cardio. Down to 1 sometimes no crutch, so hopefully will start advancing! Lisa, glad DH is doing better. Sorry to hear you are hurting. Do you think it was the band work? Jody, I would imagine with summer vacations your hours will really start picking up. Did you do all of LM? That is a long one! Roxie, KCM really connects, that is amazing! Ronne, what are you up to? He Murphy! Dog at groomers, probably get to pool before the rain arrives this evening. Friend of DH came by last evening, fixed the dryer! Yay! Easy too, for him. My DH is not very mechanically inclined! Have. Good day! Mary

Hi all

Late post today, busy with work.

Mary - one crutch, hooray! And you've got another thing ticked off your repair list. The punt is a boat.

Lisa - give yourself a break!! You're doing all this brilliant pilates stuff, you're picking weights up you didn't think you'd ever get back to, you walk dogs miles every day and you've even managed a hike or two. And you're probably more flexible than you've ever been!! :D

Jody - hope work picks up for you soon. I never do LM all the way through, too long!!

Roxie - glad you had fun.

Did LISLIC, I was sweating like a pig by the end. Ages since I've done it all the way through. Busy with work today, slightly frustrating, something I thought would be straightforward is taking much longer ...

Lisa, i do hope you come back to report greatness, lol! I still use Endomondo, except that I rarely run anymore. I did that mostly when I was taking DD to TKD and waiting on her. I don't have as nice a place to run around my house- its not bad but its a pretty busy road.
Be careful w/ your neck!!

Mary, I hope to stay steady at least. This area is very seasonal plus it is a small department. Last year the full timers used up all of their PDO over summer. A per diem told me she didn't get work at either of her jobs for a straight 4 weeks. : O Did I mention that at graduation they announced that the grads from the ophthalmology program were already employed? Can you believe that Lisa called me an optimist up-thread? : O lol!

Ronne, I did do LM all the way through except for w/u and I skipped the step part on the last section that I don't enjoy, oh and I never cool down or stretch with the dvd. There is one part in that workout I love where the music changes and I know about the blast that is coming up and I just get into it. Good luck w/ work frustrations.

Today I did Afterburn express PM and 21Dayfix Pilates- mostly planks and abs. I could use the stuff from Afterburn in KCM HGI to replace treadmill. See, I knew someone would post something brilliant!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.