40's Junebugs

Faithnveggies

Cathlete
Summertime is here, or will be June 21st. Junebugs sound cuter than they are June Bug Insect Facts

I did LIC upper body circuit and another upper body thing. My legs and glutes were a little reluctant after BG yesterday.

Lisa, I need new shoes, too. Nike always fall off my heels, they work for you? The movers don't sound like they would be a company you could recommend. I hope they are careful w/ the stuff at least.

Roxie I did 2 separate minutes of planks in my w/o today and thought of you. It wasn't easy!

Mary, I don't know what my kids are going to do. Both have AA degrees from homeschool dual enrollment. DD 1 would be great at editing and computer and language. DD2 should probably avoid customer service and is excelling in animal care and training. She works full time at the local animal sanctuary. I can picture her on Big Cat Diaries. Did you do Target on crutches?

Ronne, are you having a nice weekend? Will dd's tramp season go thru the summer or will it finish w/ school?

Murphy I hope you are well, check in if you get a chance.

Last edited:
Jody, good thread name. I should have remembered it was June since today is older DS birthday. I think I posted in the may thread because Mary did ;-)

I returned the Nike flex train 3 for the flex train 4, the 4 seems to fit my narrow heel better. Who would think their us that much difference between models.

Hi Ladies

Lisa - so you'll be one human and one dog down soon?

Jody - sounds like you're getting a few more workouts in now. So have your daughters finished school now (as in school not college)? I forget how old they are.
Trampolining is school time only but gymnastics runs all year!

Mary - glad to see you're still chair working.

Had a quiet day yesterday, cleaning, tidying the garden etc. Did Stepboxing 2.
I've started the June rotation today, I may not manage the whole thing but feel in need of a bit of direction. Intensity step only premix done, phew!

Morning! Today did Jessica Smith's chair cardio again. Her dog is so dang cute! Jody, totally forgot it was June! My life is running away! So funny about DD and customer service! Yes, Target on crutches. The store seemed waaaaaay bigger than normal! Ronne, I always welcome direction! The rotations doesn't look too bad! Roxie, how was the boat? Hello Murphy! Get to go get my roots done later! Yay! No more crown of gray! Have a good day! Mary

Hey ladies! I got a fabulous nights sleep and feel GREAT! I was worried I overdid it with my neck but it feels pretty good! I think I've found a good mix of BP meds and muscle relaxer meds for my neck that I'm now convinced I still need because I am sooooo tired of neck feeling yucky. I have some chest and tri DOMS. I did a 2.65 mile dog walk, then vacuum-max, then the LLA PM that has bonus barre but no abs.

Mary, OY! Target on crutches? you should have used one of those carts you sit in :)

Ronne, I liked the rotation too, but still a bit early in my recovery to commit to something, not to mention my life chaos. :) Yes in about 2.5 weeks, 1 canine and 1.5 humans will be gone (I count DS GF as .5 since she's here 1/2 the time --when she isn't working---heck at least she works, my DIL still isn't working much. She did get a job that starts soon, I sure hope the store succeeds and she gets more hrs and pay increase.

Roxie, I always think of you when I tell myself I should do planks, but then by the time I've walked the dogs, done some house clean up, done a w/o and then stretched REAL good, planks is the last thing on my mind!

Jody, I used my new Nike's today, they felt pretty good. Gosh I just like the color :) I'll post a pic.

Good Evening,

I did KCM's Muscle Up 1 when I got home from work I used 10's, 12's, 15's and 1 20 and now I will do my planks.

Lisa-you won't regret doing planks.

Jody-planks are tough.

Mary-the boat was fine until we went to load and the wind was horrible.

Ronne-that rotation looks good.

Lisa, cute shoes~

Roxie, thanks for sharing your wts on new KCM. I've previewed them, they look great. I have to think of something for the gym equipment cardio parts.

Ronne, you usually seem to follow thru on rotations if you decide ahead of time you want to. I haven't looked at it yet.

Mary, I went to Target and Khols today and only did returns w/ no new purchase at Kohls and only grocery and necessities at Target.

I'm really trying to help dd w/ this car purchase- I can see why people only buy from dealers. Also went to eye doc and I've got on a trial pair of bifocal contacts- so far I love them. $190 exam though. I'm studying for board exams coming up this week. And I did a Cross Fire pm.

Clothes at Kohls were cute as heck in the Jr section. I guess if you are wearing bifocals and overweight, you should pass that area and head to grown up ladies!

Hi everyone

Jody - hope the studying is going well. Do the bifocals make you feel old?! :p

Roxie - what do you think of the new KCMs?

Lisa - sleep is so wonderful! I'm feeling a bit tired at the moment. Shadows under the eyes, etc. Feel like I could do with catching up.

Mary - shopping on crutches, that's hard work!

Hi Murphy, if you're lurking. Hope all is well.

Xtrain B&T done. Had some couscous and roasted veg for lunch that DD made at school yesterday. It was delicious!

Didn't feel as peppy this morning (had slight headache, thankfully it's gone now), only did 1.25 mile dog walk and MMA KB minus 1/2 the abs (the ones that require head lifting I didn't do). I had some DOMS from LLA yest, so did a good stretch and legs feel better.

Jody, I browsed the jrs section of Kohls last week, when a sales lady asked if I needed help, I felt like an imposter :) I didn't have bifocals on, and I am overweight, but I'm still smaller than DIL who thinks she should shop there :) I like Old Navy stuff better! DIL wears a Small in their yoga pants, I wear a Med, um, I seriously do not know how she fits into a small! My bad! Even at my slimest weight a Small was still too tight and uncomfie for me.

Ronne, oooooh pretty soon DD will be cooking for you? Speaking of cooking....I better get something put in the crock pot.... too much cooking lately! And I hardly eat any of it! I go for my massage later today, will be good as I think I over did it a bit in my neck with the squat presses yest in LLA. But looking back, I'm making progress! :)

Murphy, tell us how you are doing!

Roxie, I did planks during some of the abs in MMA KB :) still not as much as 3 1 min planks...start small :)

Mary, how are you doing? Enjoying the pool? I bet that would be a good thing for you.

Hello girls! Today did heavy bag from MMA boxing and the upper body blitzes. Running late. DD had to go to orthopedist to get cast off! Yay for summer! I got to go get my sutures out and I got to lose the brace! Still on crutches one more week, things are looking up! Lisa, hope you feel better! Allergies? Still no getting into pool til next week, till incisions heal more. I never go to Kohl's, everything at ours is so crammed together. Love Old Navy tho! Ronne, you are being a good eater! Target felt like a workout actually! Jody, good luck on boards, I'm sure you will ace it tho! And I don't imagine you are overweight! Not from previous pics! Roxie, are you getting rain? Supposed to head our way tomorrow. Hello Murphy! Have to get dinner going, have a good evening! Mary

I did a lower body from 21 day fix. I thought I would do more but today has been eaten up with making arrangements for car. I am not sure how I'm going to pull this one off.

Lisa, I think kids these days wear clothes tighter and it feels normal. Remember when we would never ever ever let our bra strap show b/c that was soooo tacky? The youngsters in the hospital all wear scrubs that show off figure rather than look like baggy pajama pants.

Mary, Jan 1- I was back up to my pre beach body extend barre wt and I gained a solid 10 pounds since Jan 1. sad face

Ronne, I actually made soup for dd. I think I'd like it the other way around.

Roxie, did you already do the HGI?

Jody, true, I was just thinking the other day how the preggo women where their clothes so tight. Really saw the belly bump on Samantha Guthrie on the today show this morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Good Evening,

Boss man had another heart attack this morning so guess what I am working tomarrow no day off for me. I am suppose to get my haircut Thursday but I guess that is not going to happen. I did TLC Boxing this evening and planks at work.

Ronne-I have only done Muscle Up 1 and I really liked it.

Jody-HGI tomarrow morning.

Mary-no rain yet but I think its coming.

Lisa-planks are so hard and very effective.

Hello

Roxie - your boss is not a well man!

Jody - is it the finance you're worried about?

Mary - has DD got some exercises to do regain movement? I bet you're glad to see the brace go!

Lisa - hope you enjoyed the massage.

Xtrain Legs done (I put extra effort in for you Mary! :eek:).
Feeling pretty tired because I was up in the middle of the night - can't really go into the story but it involved the police and dodgy goings on outside. (Nothing dangerous or scary.) Awake at 2.15 and then I didn't get to sleep for ages. It was horrible when the alarm went off this morning!

Good Morning,

I know I said I would do HGI this morning but when I woke up I felt very uncoordinated so since you have to leave the TM running and hop and off of it I decided to wait until Saturday when I have the day off and try it, I did Circuit Burn 1 instead and I will do my planks here at work.

Ronne-no he is not and I think it was just shoulder pain from poor posture he doesn't sit up straight hunches over all day but we will see.

Hello! Today did PS CS&T. Finals for the high school started today, DS doesn't have to take any, smarty pants, anyway, the dear boy is helping me clean. It's been making me insane! Ronne, thanks for doing legs! I miss it soooooooooo much! Roxie, your poor boss, he's making his cardiologist richer! Lisa, how are you feeling? Jody, I imagine you look amazing! Hi Murphy! Have to go get DD, she had to take her science final! Little one was ticked they got to sleep in and he has to get up at 6:30! Mary

More later but re car purchase...
Purchase from private seller
40 min south of us
Financing half of it
from bank in Tampa- so all transactions by mail or online
Using my mom as co signer.
Mom 30 min south of us- power of atty, etc and notary needed
Paying cash for half-
Funds in Tampa and seller doesn't want personal check
Seller is leaving state on Tues
transferring tag from 92 camry
cant have cashiers check issued to seller
can't cash cashiers check cashed at local bank without local account enough to cover it
Loan in dd and gma name
Car title and registration in dd and my name--insurance purposes.
Loan officer doesn't work on Fri
DMV closes at 5pm
Seller works til 4pm.

This is why people use dealers!

Oh and I'm takiing my boards tomorrow and Sims Fri
and while I feel confident, the clinical sim portion of my boards have the highest fail rate of any national board exam. I'd really like to stay in and study all day!

Last edited:
I did a 2.6 mile dog walk (nice and peaceful time...love it when it works out that way). then a 60 min intermed pilates reformer routine. Hoping I feel it in my core. then I did laundry-max and nap-max (napped at least 2 hrs, I didn't MEAN to sleep, honest!)

Jody, I think I got exhausted just reading your post and that's why I needed a nap! Good luck on your boards! You'll do great I'm sure!

Mary, what a sweet son! Was talking to my massage therapist yest about you, do you think one day you will have to bite the bullet and get a hip replacement? OF course the massage therapist found all the good sore spots, says things are feeling good, still have to get better muscle tone in left upper trap and the levator scalpular (muscle that runs from neck to shoulder)...that was right where it was sore so I'm doing what needs done. The left rhomboid is feeling good she says. Also says that the muscle relaxers are probably helping and even if I have to stay on them a long time, not to worry (especially since I take so little). Amazing how I didn't think they helped worth a hoot when I was in major pain, guess they only take the edge off.

Roxie, that w/o sounds like you want to have your wits about you to do it. I couldn't hop off my TM because there is too much to hop onto around it :confused: I do have a bit of breathing room by my reformer now but realized I can't put it in the small front bedroom once DS goes to KS because it's so long and there is no way we can make the turn into it. so I'll have my setup thru the end of year where we WILL get it in the basement w/o area somehow.

Ronne, yuck to nighttime disruptions, maybe that's why I slept for you during nap-max :)

Hello

Lisa - Nap max sounds great. I managed to get an uninterrupted night's sleep anyway. Still yawning a bit today.

Jody - oh god! That reads like a nightmare, so complicated. And you've got to find time to study as well. Those sorts of things can take over your life. Hope you get it sorted out. Godd luck with the boards and sims!

Mary - so does that mean he's so clever he doesn't need to do exams?

Roxie - yes, I'd be worried about hopping off and breaking something!

HS done, I sat and watched the sit up/push up combo at the end. Too much for me.
No exciting shenanigans to report today. Lovely bright spring day, should get some washing out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.