40's Junebugs

Walked dogs 1.75 miles and then did CLB. I really enjoyed CLB, I didn't use to (the little I did pre-neck), maybe it was the permission I gave myself to lighten the weights (but they were still challenging....I wanted to grab 15 lb dumbbells at points but thankfully I moved them out of the workout area so as not to be tempted :) ), I did get a little air borne during pop squats (love those), otherwise no air born and it was fine.

Murphy, thanks for chiming in. I still have a "weird" feeling at times in my left tricep (those and shoulder was one of the muscles docs felt I had weakness). I have learned to tune that out. It's the neck muscles that I believe can come back, and yes, it will take time. If I can just devise a w/o plan where i feel I'm working out and not having pain in the neck muscles I'll be happy. I may be getting closer to that goal. I need to work on what I can do to advance with sit ups and the SCM muscles in the neck. Still taking those almost daily naps, my body must need them to do the repair :) Sounds like you are doing better, that's good to hear. Funny how 3 of us on this board are going thru physical problems...darn age! I'm feeling my center palm of right hand may have some arthritis in it, if I overuse "pointing" (like on phone or ipad), it hurts.

Waves to everyone else who must be having an awesome weekend, and Mary at the lake (I think that's where she is....)

Hi all

Lisa - well done on CLB, that's a toughie however you do it. Glad to hear that you're making it work.

Murphy - good to see you and hear about your recovery. I did the June rotation and really like it. More cardio than weights so might be up your street at the moment.

Jody - I think the XT rotation was strongest on UB strength and cardio. My ability to do push ups really improved and I did increase my weights over the three months, so I was lifting heavier than I've done before particularly for bis and tris. It really worked my core as well.

Weekend was good. We actually quite enjoyed the competition yesterday which is very unusual for us! DD did well, no medals but she performed really well.
Watched lots of football!!

In honor of World Cup I did a Brazilian dance workout (BBL cardio axe) and I did XT CBS, and BG abs (the ones with ankle wts not the ball bonus). I did some of the push ups on my toes which I haven't even been trying lately.
Ronne thanks for response on XT and I'm happy you guys had a nice weekend w/ dd competition. Lisa, I have CLB on tap for this week again. It is a hard workout. Murphy that June rotation looks good. I'm off to do laundry and wait and see if I'm working tonight.

Woke up to leg DOMS, especially, inner thigh and glutes. I walked dogs 2.75 miles, then did AT express PM (22 min), then did a 30 min rhythm Pilates w/o and then did some workshop type pilates reformer for 30 min. I'm going to quit dwelling on UB weights and work in more cardio in hopes to drop some lbs.

Jody, I'll bring my laundry over so you can do it ;)

Ronne, football? It's the off season here.

Did XTrain bi/tri's. I thought today was July 1st and was looking for Cathe's new rotation. It took a minute or two but then it finally dawned on me that I have one more day to go. Anyway, I upped the weights a bit. I feel like I could have gone higher but was worried about pushing it. Sometimes that DOMS sneaks up when you least expect it.

Ronne - thanks for the review of the June rotatoin.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.