4-Day Split - My First Impression

Amy Steppe

Cathlete
Love the Intensity

Love the Music

Love the Scenery

Love the Cast -- never have they looked better.

Love the way the workouts are filmed -- these workouts are the clearest quality I've ever seen. It is as though Cathe and Crew are in the room with me!

There are more closeups of the cast members and I love that!

Love the aerial views

Love the choreography

LOVE LOVE LOVE the premix variety

Love the blog and following along as Cathe and Crew filmed the workouts

I can't think of one negative about these workouts.

I have the feeling that I will go through my typical Do Only the New Cathe workout for a while!

However, I can't yet manage the 30 lb dumbbells.....but it gives me something to asipire to do!

If you did not yet buy these workouts, don't hesitate.

Thank You, Amy, I just received mine this morning at work and have been grinning ear to ear since. Can't wait. Your first impression is adding to my anticipation of KickBox tonight.

Please tell us more when you have done the other workouts.

Thanks.

I did the Boot Camp workout this evening since I like tricep and bicep work and I thought I'd try a type of workout I usually dread.

It was fantastic! Those drills are so much fun! The hardest drill for me was the fast foot shuffle drill and the final drill. Those two really hosed me.

The butt kick from side to side is not as difficult as you might think.

A lot of the Drills seemed more like being a kid again and playing rather than torture. They are tough, trust me, but they are innovative and fun.

The bicep and tricep work was great. I did have a bit of trouble with the tricep dip with my feet on the ball, but I don't think the ball I used was properly inflated.

I can't wait to do the rest of the workouts......and continue to challenge myself with the boot camp video.....

Gosh, I am glad I preordered!

I am going to have to wait until the New Year before purchasing because I have just spent a fortune on Cathe's older dvds in the CK Sales closing down sale !

I am loving everyone's reviews though ! :)

Amy
thanks for your great comments. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my DVDs. They were supposed to be here lastnight, but when they didn't come I checked on UPS site. Here, they are scheduled to be here today due to a mix-up on UPS's side (grrrrrrrrrrr:-( ).
-Jen

So far I've only previewed Boot Camp and Kickbox cardio, as well as part of Higher Intensity Step. Cannot wait to view the BC/KB Cardio Power premix. Love the core work on BC/KB. HIS is a tad tricky for me choreo-wise but I'm sure I'll find something to do with it.

Cathe's more intense than I've ever seen her in Kickbox. Kinda motivating!

Love the music.

Voice clarity is better.

All in all - I'M HAPPY!

A-Jock

Hey everyone! Last night after an exhausting day of studyig, I watched the Kickbox and Bootcamp cardio. Both seem like totally new & rocking workouts---something different than any other home video instructor has brought (which is why Cathe is so unique!) The only thing, though, is that with all the mish-moshes I have created & used, these short cardio workouts almost seem a little too easy!??? I know in time I will come to love these--as I can put them into mish-moshes--but right now I am still a little partial to some of Cathe's older workouts. I am and will always be faithful to K,P,C Drill Max and Imax 3. I haven't tried the weight work yet, nor have I looked at them. Cathe ALWAYS delivers and these look awesome...so I know I will soon love them too, just need to get used to them. :)

Kristen

I tried out the Kickbox workout last night! I got an awesome workout!! I felt like I wasn't even working out though, because it was just so fun!!

:)

Of all of her workouts the last two series, this one and the "Drill Max" series have been my favorite, so far. I love everything about the 4-Day Split. The music, the choreo, the weight work, the production. There's so much variety and the premixes are fabulous! I don't usually gush over workouts, but I can't help it this time! :7

Hey Everybody!!

I am sooooooo excited! I finally received my 4-day split yesterday!!! I don't know which one to start with! It took me about 10 tries to finally get the step routines in The Gauntlet(LOVE THIS WORKOUT!)It was also one of my first experiences with step. Anyways, what would you recommend? I'm gonna do one when I get home from picking up my son from school (he'll be napping).

If you're having a problem with choreo I'd do Boot Camp or Kickbox first. Since they're only 30 min. you may have some energy left to try the first combo of HIS or LIS. This way you won't waste a cardio day trying to get the moves.

Just a thought. Take it or leave it!:)

You people are killing me! Where is that UPS truck?x(

Seriously, glad you are all having fun and posting your impressions. Makes me all the more eager to receive mine. Thanks for sharing!:)

Did Bootcamp/Bi's/Tri's tonite. It was awesome! So much fun! great new stuff!!! SUICIDES!!!!!!! LOVED IT!!!!! My 3 year old never took a nap! He did the entire workout with me! What a cutie pie, he was using 3lb. dumbels and his crayola markers for weights!!! I've got to go out and get him some 1 pounders and a smaller stability ball!!!! We had so much fun!!! Tomorrow morning it's Kickbox!! Can't wait!!!

I just now viewed HIS, BC, and LIS. HIS will be the one like SB for me to preview and preview and walk through till I get it. The Bootcamp one seems doable for me. I did Kickbox last night. Viewing them the second time does add confidence in actually doing them.

Just finished Kickbox! I got a good workout, but was a little bit bored. I felt like the cardio portion went by really quick, I wanted more. Heavy legs was tough though, I didn't go as high in weight as Cathe, but I will increase for my next workout. I think the low lunges were killer. I was surprised to see Jai's form was a bit off. Her punches were high, above shoulder level for jabs/crosses and both Jai's and Lorraine's speedbags were just floppy wrists. I don't remember them being like this in KPC , but maybe I wasn't paying attention....hmmm........I think next time I'll do premix #11 Bootcamp cardio with Kickbox legs!

> I was
>surprised to see Jai's form was a bit off. Her punches were
>high, above shoulder level for jabs/crosses and both Jai's and
>Lorraine's speedbags were just floppy wrists.

I actually think Jai's form is an improvement from past KB workouts, where she punched too low (like her 'opponent' was 4 feet tall, or she had frozen shoulder). Maybe the 'too high' punches are an overcompensation.

You know, I feel more comfortable punching a little lower like Jai does. I tend to sleep with my arm above my head and then my shoulders get sore. A lower punch feels better. I always figured Jai had some similar issue and prefered the lower range. I can't wait to do kickboxing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.