17 YEARS SMOKE FREE!!!!

Nanbo

Cathlete
WAHOO!!!

Today I am celebrating 17 years as an ex-smoker!!!! Best thing I ever did (besides Cathe cardio ;)) for my lungs!!!!

Are you a smoker :confused:???? QUIT!!!! :eek:

Tonight will be Xtrain All Out Low Impact HIIT...because I CAN!!!!! :p

Nancy,

Way to go!! You deserve a big WAHOO!!!! Congrats on your great accomplishment.

I've don't smoke (tried, thankfully didn't like it). I've have plenty of friends that were smokers and I saw how hard it was for them to quit, but they too were very glad they did.

Brenda

Huge congrats Nancy! You should be very proud to shout that out! I am not a smoker either but was married to one for nearly 11 years. It was tough at times and I never realized how bad it made me and everything around me smell until I got out of that environment. I am now married to a nonsmoker and very grateful for that.

If you can do Cathe, you can do ANYTHING!!!! :p;)

:D:D I feel we have to be fierce to dare complete some of cathe's toughest goodies. The same fierceness translate in other aspect of our life ;-):cool::p

Extremely well done Nancy---You should be proud of such accomplishment.

Nancy, congratulations of 17 years of FREEDOM!!! I have never smoked but my father did, and I know how difficult it can be to give it up. That is a great accomplishment, I'm very happy for you - keep going!!

GREAT for you, Nancy! Did you see that CVS isn't going to even sell cigarettes? That's a great idea. Wish more stores would do that too.

To add, I have smoked a cigarette once and did not see what the big deal was!:D:D:D I knew at the time smoking could have escalated my asthma condition to much more serious scale!

I am just happy I have never been a smoker. I can recall when smoking was allowed in public places here in UK. Coming back from clubs was a nightmare!!! From my hair, my coat to my knickers every single inch of my body was smelly yikes:eek::eek::eek: And of course all laundry had to go to the washing machine within minutes coming back from night out. I could not stand it!;-)

Last edited:
Just celebrated 7 years as a non smoker in Oct. My husband and I both quit. Thank God we have that albatross off of our necks! Congratulations!

What a milestone to celebrate! You have done wonderful things for your body! My husband's best friend died Dec 7, 2013 after a year and a half long battle with lung cancer. He had smoked for 40 years and quit 2 or 3 years ago when he moved in with his fiancée (she was the main reason he quit - no smoking was allowed at her house and she was ultimately more important than cigarettes!). They had only been married 3 months when he was diagnosed. Wishing you many happy healthy years as a Cathelete!

Amanda

This is great!! I am was a smoker it is now two years and five months since I stopped! It was hard but I couldn't jog or do Cathe HIIT because my lungs would be sore!! So I just said enough ! I saw my mom die. Of COPD , not good an did actually watch and think about the smoke going in my lungs and think why? Why am I doing this! Ian so glad I did! So way to go! I hope I can stay smoke free!!

Congratulations Nancy, Katie, Renee and everybody that could conquer this monster. I lost my grandmother due to smoking. She was in her 50s and after tons of health scares, she never stopped smoking and ended up dying from a combination of lung and heart issues. She was the coolest grandma, always joking, relaxed and happy, always dressed like a supermodel, with her hair and nails done, her trademark red lipstick, and holding her cig. I vowed never to start and I never did. I suffer from anxiety and I knew that if I ever started I would never stop so I have kept my promise. However, I fell in love with a smoker that hid it from me for years because he knew I hated cigarrettes. I felt betrayed when he admitted to me that he smoked. After a 4 year relationship we broke up (long story), but when it came to smoking I saw him try to quit, but he could never do it. The fact that his friends are smokers never helped either. I would love to know how you did it. Some people use prescription Zyban, others go for the nicotine patches and/or gum, and some people stop cold turkey. Seeing how it killed my grandma and how my ex was hooked on it I can imagine how hard it is to quit, but reading your post reminded me that it is possible.

Last edited:
NICE JOB EVERYONE!!!

My husband is an ex-smoker. I didn't know because he also raced bicycles. When I found out I told him I wouldn't marry him unless he quit. He quit cold turkey. Said it was the hardest thing he ever did. It did improve his racing times. (go figure) We've been married 41 years in August. I'm glad I never started. I don't think I would be able to quit. So CONGRATULATIONS to everyone. My very best to you all!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.