10 1/2wk Countdown...

wgilchrist

Cathlete
What type of rotation are you doing to prepare? Its getting close and I'm getting anxious. I really want to spend this time doing what I can to be ready. I am finishing up STS rotation this week and will restart June 1st. I really want to focus on my cardio endurance between now and then. I have not worked out in a group setting in a loooooong time!:eek: I am so ready to have some fun with all of you.

Yes...a plan.....

Hi there. Yes, I agree. I need a plan too!

I stopped at disc 33 because my inner-elbow (golfer's elbow) was really hurting from the heavy biceps. (Pushed it too hard I'm afraid). So, my workout schedule has suffered the last week-I feel so guilty!

So, tomorrow I'm committed to get STS done by the end of May! and in-between do some cardio premixes.

Your countdown is scary! June and July that's it!

I find if I fit in 50-60 minutes 5-6/week I should be in good shape!
Gotta go now..hubby beckons me! Let me know what you're thinking!:eek:

June 1st is my kickoff date too.
I will be doing a lot of Cathe workouts and mixing it with TLT, Bosu and some outdoor running.
For the Cathe workouts, I have her Circuit workouts, total body weight workouts and the IMAXes on tap for June.

Saundra

I started the last mesocycle of STS today but I'm not sure what I'll do after that. Probably just mix it up a bit. Whatever I do, I'm sure it will include a lot of this...
83015c4f75511f656a94593c6025848edd400e4_t.gif
and this
a8d258f40a7215e016d6246c111ae536135b2ff_t.gif
and this.
ca835977430d72555bbe17f86a8f054ad85da25_t.gif

Rhondalyn, you'd better do lots of endurance work to get ready LOL. I recommend B&Gs three times a week :p Just kidding,.... sort of:cool: Cathe loves endurance based stuff on the RT. Oh and of course kickboxing and step :eek::eek:

honestly, I'm a little scared! I want to be able to keep up. Especially since I won't be in the comfort of my home gym, crazy-hair, and also NONE of my workout clothes even come close to being an outfit or matching. I think these next 10 week are going to fly by and so is that RT so I want to make it worth it. This will be my first time away alone. Can't wait to see how DH does with the kids on his own he'll probably look the way I do after IMAX3!!!:p

Wendy
I think you will be fine. There will be a 105 people there with all different abilities and different outfits - some matching and some don't.
I do like looking at all the outfits. Cathe had some really cute outfits last year.
I have been eyeing outfits at Target and a couple at Wal-Mart, but I am going to wait until I get closer to the event to purchase a couple.

Saundra

honestly, I'm a little scared! I want to be able to keep up. Especially since I won't be in the comfort of my home gym, crazy-hair, and also NONE of my workout clothes even come close to being an outfit or matching. I think these next 10 week are going to fly by and so is that RT so I want to make it worth it. This will be my first time away alone. Can't wait to see how DH does with the kids on his own he'll probably look the way I do after IMAX3!!!:p

It's all about having fun!! Seriously, once you get there and start working out you'll be so pumped you'll forget everything else ;)

Oh, I can't wait!! It will be a blast! Last year was my first RT and I too was worried about looking like a fool, uncoordinated and a sweaty mess, but nobody notices and EVERYONE is a sweaty mess!! LOL - so it's all good, and a lot of fun. Can't wait!!

My first time at the road trip in 2007 was by myself and I was absolutely scared! I didn't know anyone. This is my third roadtrip and I'm totally comfortable because I know so many more people, but, if this is your first time you will feel so comfortable because everyone is so friendly. On my first trip people were coming up to me and introducing themselves -- it was great. You will feel right at home the first day. Look me up -- I will start the process! Julie

Thank you all. I feel better all ready! I was looking at the "new" cathe.com and seeing all the past roadtrip pictures got me really excited and nervous. Everyone looked so coordinated and stylish. :cool:
I'm usually dressed in my gotta-run-Mom-clothes. No matter how old you are (36yrs) I guess you still want to fit in. :eek: Anyway, I have never felt more physically fit in my entire life. And I'm not too bad on a step!
My one dilemma is that since I want to start STS again on June 1st. I will be on active recovery during our RT which means NO weights. Do you think Cathe will excuse me from weights? HA! Not sure what I should do yet.
Anyway, Thanks again. Just needed your feedback...I'm smiling right now.:D

I'm excited too, ladies! This is RT #4 for me and although I still get butterflies, I don't worry all that much anymore. I used to worry about my clothes too.....after all, one of the big benefits of working out at home is not having to dress in decent clothes, right? Or having to comb your hair, right? I worried about not keeping up, or stumbling during step (which I did more than once). NO MORE!

These RTs are so much fun. Just you guys WAIT till you meet all the awesome people. I'll bet you make some of your best friends from this RT!

I can't wait to see everybody. I'll be the gal in the workout room wearing a hat...I've learned that the Big Ass Fan dries out my contacts so I wear a hat everytime I workout in that room! :)

Gayle

I agree with what others have said...this is my 3rd RT, and although I know it's hard not to be nervous, you will have a blast no matter what you're wearing or what your fitness level is. Yes, Cathe will work us hard, but you'll have so much adrenaline going that you will be amazed at what you can do. In the past, there were no heavy weights; maybe a sculpting class with lighter weights. Still tough, but nothing to fret about.

For me personally, I am in the third week of STS, so I think I'll be towards the end at RT time. I might throw in some circuit workouts to help with my endurance later on since I'll be in the strength portion of STS. But no worries.

As for outfits, last year Cathe wore mostly t-shirts and shorts. Of course she still looked fabulous as always! I like to buy a couple of new things just for the fun of shopping, but don't feel that you need a whole new wardrobe.

Can't wait to see everyone!!!

Oh crap,

I only have 10 weeks to get my butt in gear???? How am I going to do that??

Seriously, there is no need to worry about your clothes. It's not a fashion show. And no one really notices anyway. Just have a great time and enjoy yourself. You will love the people and the the atmosphere!!!! TRUST ME

ellie

This is my 2 1/2 RT. (I met up with folks Friday last year.) What everyone is saying about relaxing and enjoying is the whole truth. Everyone will have butterflies and be excited, but it is sooooo much fun.

I'm just finishing up a CLX rotation in about 2 weeks. I've started running again, did my first 5K about 3 weeks ago and have another one in two weeks. Due to all this activity, I've lost about 22 pounds, so all my old friends won't recognize me.

And I love using the RT as an excuse to buy new outfits. I find new workout clothes motivational!

Catherine said it perfect -- she does do a lot of endurance-type workouts during the RT. I've been twice and we usually do a step workout, kickbox workout, bootcamp workout and some type of resistance training workout. Of course that's subject to change! So increase those endurance workouts -- you'll be ready!!! See you in July!

Julie

My feet are bouncing as I type...I caaaaannnnnt wait!!
Thanks again and again. I really needed the reassurance here. You guys are the best.;):D I may not want to come home after this. Only women can be so understanding. Men simply just don't get it!:p
P.S. 9 weeks, 4 days left

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.