Cathe looks like she has lost weight!

I would just like to say that I feel vindicated by Cathe's post today about the Nourishing Gurus. I KNEW SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT. And I knew she looked different. I mean really, what is the purpose of working out and taking care of oneself if we are going to say it does not matter what one looks like. It is not everything, obviously, but I do not work out and eat right without a care as to whether I look good or not.

You know I almost quit this forum because of a few lousy mean haters out there over this thread! By her own words...she is different! She looks great and DIFFERENT AND BETTER...SO THERE! Especially aimed at maddiesmum. With a special thanks to Nathalie from England for being gracious and a friend.

Last edited:
To paraphrase your original post, "she looked great before but now that she's lost that little bit of belly fat she looks terrific". Do you really not see what's wrong with that kind of statement?

Please don't label me a hater, I just have a different point of view.

Awe Tracy, I feel for you. What was obviously meant as a positive comment ended up back firing in a sense because of the wording. Sometimes we have to put our "filter" on when using the public forums in order to express our opinions but not offend others in the process. But I do agree Cathe looks fabulous and I want that body!!! LOL! Gives me something to aspire to with the new series and I can't wait to start with all of you.

Sorry you're experiencing what you're experiencing Tracey!! I know how some of the folks here can be - the slightest suggestion of anything "negative" (which you did NOT do, btw) instantly brings out the claws in some! I for one, did notice in X-train a change in Cathe's midsection. I don't know if it was her body, her clothes, the mic pack or what, but frankly, I found it inspiring!! The woman is 49 (as am I) - I found it great to see that hey, at this point in life, even her body changes, which helps me a little as I struggle with the changes my body is experiencing (and I mean struggle!). It makes me feel good to know there are a few things you can't change - notice she doesn't wear crop tops anymore.
I don't think it means your being critical at all - just making an observation. As another poster stated - that's why we're all here in the first place. The STS and Gym Styles programs created one version of Cathe's body and other workouts created another. I look to those changes to gauge my own progress, even though my body type is nothing like Cathe's. (I'm 5'8" - and I can't jump for example!). Rather than get down on myself (which I do more than enough and occassionally can get reinforced on these forums), I look at Cathe and say "hey, look at how her body changes too." Some people only are here to worship and will attack anyone who does not do the same! I for one am here to observe and to learn.

Last edited:
Sorry you're experiencing what you're experiencing Tracey!! I know how some of the folks here can be - the slightest suggestion of anything "negative" (which you did NOT do, btw) instantly brings out the claws in some! I for one, did notice in X-train a change in Cathe's midsection. I don't know if it was her body, her clothes, the mic pack or what, but frankly, I found it inspiring!! The woman is 49 (as am I) - I found it great to see that hey, at this point in life, even her body changes, which helps me a little as I struggle with the changes my body is experiencing (and I mean struggle!). It makes me feel good to know there are a few things you can't change - notice she doesn't wear crop tops anymore.
I don't think it means your being critical at all - just making an observation. As another poster stated - that's why we're all here in the first place. The STS and Gym Styles programs created one version of Cathe's body and other workouts created another. I look to those changes to gauge my own progress, even though my body type is nothing like Cathe's. (I'm 5'8" - so I can't jump for example!). Rather than get down on myself (which I do more than enough and occassionally can get reinforced on these forums), I look at Cathe and say "hey, look at how her body changes too." Some people only are here to worship and will attack anyone who does not do the same! I for one am here to observe and to learn.

You are 5'8" so you can't jump??

I'm 5' 3". And I don't jump very high. For me I think its a mental block. I can "get low" like a champ though!

Gosh, I have to say I think I know what the OP meant to say. I was thinking it myself that with each series it seems the crew has a different look they achieved. I notice because I am dreaming to get that look! I only read the positive parts of what she said Cathe looked great in the LIS but she looks even better now and was curious what she had done different "was it I fact the workouts and the way she always eats or did she also change her eating" I have to agree Cathes arms to me looks a lot like STS days. The whole crew actually seems to be tighter and more defined and I wanted to ask to but wasn't sure how to. Cause I guess did not want it to come out wrong. But I am going to read the article the OP is talking about the Gurus? See I was hoping Cathe could take us ladies who are mid 40s by the hand and show us what to do with the way to get threw the menopausal years. I would think Cathe would want us to take notice if she has made changes in her body since she works so hard to keep fit. I wish we can get past all the estrogen on here and agree that she was not trying to be mean at all. I myself think we as women should lift each other up and so I get it when we comment on looks. I don't like it either we do that but I know when we do work hard we should tell each other we see those results and it's paying off. That's a motivation for Cathe isn't it? Maybe I'm wrong but just a thought.

I would just like to say that I feel vindicated by Cathe's post today about the Nourishing Gurus. I KNEW SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT. And I knew she looked different. I mean really, what is the purpose of working out and taking care of oneself if we are going to say it does not matter what one looks like. It is not everything, obviously, but I do not work out and eat right without a care as to whether I look good or not.

You know I almost quit this forum because of a few lousy mean haters out there over this thread! By her own words...she is different! She looks great and DIFFERENT AND BETTER...SO THERE! Especially aimed at maddiesmum. With a special thanks to Nathalie from England for being gracious and a friend.

Awww Tracy I have just seen your post.

I think you are right on your first paragraph above. Whether we like or not, Being a personal trainer image is very important.
That being said image is not everything. At the end of the day any professional fitness trainer has to look great to get the business successful.
I would be hypocritical stating I don't care about the appearance of trainers I would get service from:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Glad you did not quit the forum to the satisfaction of the user mentioned above.
I have been there Tracy. There was no way I was going to give her that SATISFACTION:mad:

No one should:);););)

Tracy I'm glad you didn't quit the forum. I also got beat up on pretty bad a couple of years ago when I stated that fructose is poison. I posted an academic video of a professor lecturing on the topic. I'm pretty sure the venomous commentators never watched the video. I didn't feel vindicated when more and more science backed up the facts regarding fructose's effect on the liver; rather, I felt sad that I had been attacked. My colleagues at work pointed out that this happens to us in the scientific community all the time. I have learned to keep my comments here on the forum innocuous and light-hearted; that said, I was not offended by your very light-hearted observation about Cathe. I noticed a more vibrant energy about her in the still shots of the new series and her arms look amazing! I was ecstatic when she let us in on her secret to her new-found vitality! As Renee Pruitt said "we as women should lift each other up"...we are all on the same journey and a little support goes a long way!

Tracy I'm glad you didn't quit the forum. I also got beat up on pretty bad a couple of years ago when I stated that fructose is poison. I posted an academic video of a professor lecturing on the topic. I'm pretty sure the venomous commentators never watched the video.

Hey Nancy,

I like this highlighted sentence of yours. It is making laugh.:cool::cool:;)
BTW, the venomous commentators can carry on spitting any kind of venon.
I ain't quitting the forum.

To paraphrase your original post, "she looked great before but now that she's lost that little bit of belly fat she looks terrific". Do you really not see what's wrong with that kind of statement?

Please don't label me a hater, I just have a different point of view.

I guess that I am a hater as well as I thought it was very rude.

Jacmar, you are not a hater. I don't think anyone on here is a hater despite what's been written. Things are just getting a bit heated in this thread that's all. I think we all just interpreted the original post our own way. Some interpreted it as harmless, others interpreted it as harmful. I think some of us felt the initial response to the poster was harsh - others didn't feel that way at all. I think it might be best if we just all agree to disagree 'cos this thread is starting to go into the ditch and we can all stop that from happening if was just agree to disagree and move on. Just my two cents.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry Tracy I am going to highjack your thread.

It has turned too heated so let's deflect and discuss about the ability to jump for tall "gals"

As it has been quoted above, 5.8 therefore can not jump.
This has been brought up numerously.
Similarly, apparently, long limb can not push up at the same speed as cathe.

Now Really can anyone come up with something knowledgeable to settle these allegations once and for all.

BTW, I am 5.7 and have no issue with regards to my current ability to jump or to keep up with the speed.
I am an observant folk who always strive for improvement when I am not be happy with my ability to perform daily tasks.

Peace everyone;)

Last edited:
I like your style, Nathalie. The only thing I'll say about the pre-highjacked version of this thread is for everyone to keep in mind that it is difficult to gauge someones tone in online writing. No matter how it's intended its still filtered through how our "head" hears it since there are no tones or inflections to give clarity. I've even seen "have a nice day" turn into a company email fight (because the reader took it as sarcasm). I know there are online trolls whose goal seems to be stirring up strife and relishing in the back and forth "venom" being spewed. The two fitness friends that got into it initially in this thread are both regulars, clearly not trolls and seem to be really nice people online as I imagine they are in real life. "Cathy lost weight" could easily be misinterpreted as an insult by some. "Cathy looks more ripped than usual" may not have evoked such strong emotions by most but who knows? I took the context of Tracy's words as a compliment that Cathe's new workouts are even getting HER in better shape so just think of what they will do for us. I can see how someone may have taken it differently. I do agree that differences of opinion should be expressed respectfully, e.g., there really shouldn't be any profanity or personal attacks; it diminishes intelligent discourse and its inflammatory.

Lastly, please...and this is for everyone...don't quit the forum because someone gets worked up and gets snippy and directs their anger toward you. We all are here to learn from and support each other. I've gotten a lot out being on this forum over the years. I don't post much but even I got venomed during one of the pre-orders when I responded to someone complaining about the pre-order process. There used to be vicious forum fights here that got personal and were just plain silly. The most surprising one to me was the ones directed at Cathe after she chose the two new workout crew members (Amanda and I forgot the other one) from among the Cathletes that sent in videos of themselves working out. Cathe was very gracious in her response and we all moved on. I hope my two cents has not stopped Nathalie's quest to move us forward.

Now moving to the hijacked version of the thread: Is it harder for tall women to jump?

I'm 5'11. I used to be 5 11 3/4 but some disc issues between C5 and C7 caused a bit of shrinkage. I cannot do tuck jumps. I've never done air jacks in front of a mirror and I feel like I'm flying when doing them but the reality is, I'm probably very close to the floor.

Actually, since we're on the topic Nathalie or one of the other fitness friends, do you know what we are supposed to be doing with those? Am I trying to tuck my legs behind me (like trying to hit my heel to my buttocks) or trying to tuck my knees toward my chest? To clarify, what exactly is being tucked. I can't do them anyway but in the course of my feeble attempts I'd at least like to try and do them right.

Additionally, I can't jump onto the step at the heights they use on the videos. Maybe I'm not standing far back enough to get the momentum I need. I don't know. If anyone has pointers for this, please share them.

I used to try and follow Rhonda when she was part of the crew. I still miss her facial expressions when Cathe pushed them extra hard. Anyway, I used to follow her since she was so much taller than everyone else. Then I found out that Cathe is about 5'2" and Rhonda who seemed to hulk over the rest of the crew, is only around 5'6".

I know shorter people that jump well and othes that cannot. Most of my tall female friends don't jump well but others can. I know height is a factor but it seems fast twitch muscle fibers play a major role as well. I got better with fast twitch moves after doing Insanity but I'm never jumping as high as Cathe and the fit five (Jai, Lorraine, Brenda, Cedie and Amanda). But when I do jump, I give it all I've got.

Thanks everyone.

Fitness Friend and proud Cathlete,
Teals

Last edited:
I'll hijack this a third time.... Teals, I swear I don't have fast twitch muscles and that's the excuse I use ;) , I'm 5'5", again.... I shrunk too, same c5 to c7, discs herniated into spinal cord and causing c4 to slip.... Had 3 levels fused 18 mths ago, just now finally getting back my mojo, still will probably never do some things ever again. Tuck jumps are one of those things I'm happy not to attempt again.

Tracy I'm glad you didn't quit the forum. I also got beat up on pretty bad a couple of years ago when I stated that fructose is poison. I posted an academic video of a professor lecturing on the topic. I'm pretty sure the venomous commentators never watched the video. I didn't feel vindicated when more and more science backed up the facts regarding fructose's effect on the liver; rather, I felt sad that I had been attacked.

This thread? http://cathe.com/forum/threads/fructose-is-poison.283406/ I participated in that thread. The only problem anyone had was misuse of the word fructose. One poster said your thread title was BS. No one was beating up on you. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care about something like this, but you mischaracterized the behavior of the posters in that thread. I don't think that's very fair.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry Tracy I am going to highjack your thread.

It has turned too heated so let's deflect and discuss about the ability to jump for tall "gals"

As it has been quoted above, 5.8 therefore can not jump.
This has been brought up numerously.
Similarly, apparently, long limb can not push up at the same speed as cathe.

Now Really can anyone come up with something knowledgeable to settle these allegations once and for all.

BTW, I am 5.7 and have no issue with regards to my current ability to jump or to keep up with the speed.
I am an observant folk who always strive for improvement when I am not be happy with my ability to perform daily tasks.

Peace everyone;)

I'm 5.6--maybe the 2 inches makes a difference? I have no problem with tuck jumps or jumping on 12 inch boxes (I've never tried any higher)--or any other plyo move I've attempted. I also have no problem keeping pace with any of the trainers in the workouts I do. Unfortunately, outside of this forum, I know few people who actually workout--other than running. I know a lot of runners, but no one who lifts weights or does home workouts or any type of plyometric. Other than my daughters, that is, but they are both shorter than me. They can jump pretty high.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.