Why no clips yet

That's not true. You posted 10 minute long videos of all mesocycles of STS last fall. Why did you force Collage to take down their clips? People would be more than happy with their short clips. Why the secrecy with STS Shock Cardio? What are you trying to hide? Your claims of spoiling some surprise iis a huge insult.

Mishel, I think they've lost a lot of customers.

If you read my post it says that we usually don't post video clips with the exception last year of "STS" and some teasers in the past. I'm not sure where you got the idea that we told College to take down their video clips. This is simply not true. We have not even talked to College today about this or any other matter.

Our policy of not showing video clips until we release a DVD started many years ago when we streamed the entire workouts of our presale DVDs for everyone to view. This caused a firestorm of complaints from consumers who were angry that the surprise of getting their presale DVDs and been spoiled in their opinion. Now we're being criticized for doing the opposite.

There is no conspiracy not to show you clips from Shock Cardio. We only finished this project a few days ago after working 7 days a week for months. There simply has not been time to edit video clips for the web and this is not something we had scheduled to do this week.

Our policy of not showing video clips until we release a DVD started many years ago when we streamed the entire workouts of our presale DVDs for everyone to view. This caused a firestorm of complaints from consumers who were angry that the surprise of getting their presale DVDs and been spoiled in their opinion. Now we're being criticized for doing the opposite.
QUOTE]

Who would complain about that, that makes no sense AT ALL!! and because some people complain it ruins it for everyone, kinda silly in my opinion

Wow - "a firestorm of complaints?" :confused: Why did these customers view the clips if they didn't want to see them? Makes no sense to me. If we're an "educated crowd" we should be able to decide for ourselves if we want to view the clips or not.

Erica

Honestly? It's because of the now-you-see-them-now-you-don't clips on the Collage website. The clips gave some people a tiny taste and got others excited to see them and then they were gone! I think even rough clips like were shown on Collage would be appreciated at this point by those asking for them---but that's just my opinion. :)

I'm sorry that Collage put up video clips and took them down today, but we had nothing to do with this. When it comes to video clips "time spent" and quality are very important. We don't want our first impression of our new DVDs to be negatively influenced by a rushed and rough edit job. But even rough clips take time to do and this is not something we can handle or schedule right now.

I don't recall posting clips before the release of our DVDs for our last five presales as you state. We did release clips of some of the STS workouts last year and we've done some short teasers in the past, but our policy has nearly always been to wait until we start shipping DVDs before posting clips.

You can check the blog. For example from the "No Name" series:

First clips (4 days after the teaser clip):

http://cathe.com/the-new-cathe-player

Here's the staff 5 days after that last post getting ready to ship:

http://cathe.com/getting-ready-for-monday

You didn't do that for the Hardcores, but you have done that sort of thing since then. You don't always finish loading clips before shipping, but you do put some up before shipping.

Please do not pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Just be straight with me is all I ask.

Wow - "a firestorm of complaints?" :confused: Why did these customers view the clips if they didn't want to see them? Makes no sense to me. If we're an "educated crowd" we should be able to decide for ourselves if we want to view the clips or not.

Erica

It never occurred to us either that streaming an entire workout of a presale DVD would cause any problems. Back then this was cutting edge technology and we were really proud to be the first to stream an entire workout like this. But it totally backfired on us and the response was totally negative. And I mean totally negative. This was just not a few people complaining, it was the vast majority of people.

Maybe it's time to rethink posting clips as it seems like many would like to see them. It doesn't sound like it can happen for this release as we are so close to the shipping date but maybe for future releases?

So is it that you don't want to "spoil the surprise" (sorry, but when I buy something, I don't WANT any surprises, unless they are freebies included in shipping. And we don't need to be protected from our own curiosity: if there are clips and we want to remain surprised, we can easily choose to not watch them. We ARE an "educated crowd," aren't we?). :confused:

Or is it that there is no time to put together a good clip?

And how is "streaming an ENTIRE WORKOUT of a presale DVD" (When did that happen?) equivalent to showing short clips of the workouts?

Last edited:
I hate suprises and if someone doesn't want theirs to be ruined they wouldn't have to click on the Clip. I find this "surprise" idea to be entirely silly.

Oh and Collage did just a fine job of editing the clips that they posted. I didn't notice a problem with them at all.

You can check the blog. For example from the "No Name" series:

First clips (4 days after the teaser clip):

http://cathe.com/the-new-cathe-player

Here's the staff 5 days after that last post getting ready to ship:

http://cathe.com/getting-ready-for-monday

You didn't do that for the Hardcores, but you have done that sort of thing since then. You don't always finish loading clips before shipping, but you do put some up before shipping.

Please do not pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Just be straight with me is all I ask.

We're being straight with you as we can. I can't say I can remember the date we have released every video clip we have ever done. I don't think anyone has that good of a memory. That is why I said in my post we "nearly" always release video clips once we start shipping a DVD. But I am sure that we have not posted video clips of all of our last 5 presale DVDs before shipping commenced.

In the case you listed above of the no-name series, the DVDs were finished by SONY on the 20th. We posted one clip of Drill Max just on the 19th from what I can tell from the Blog. The other clips from the series were posted later on. This is consistent with what I said about not posting clips until we ship. Okay, we were one day early here.

As for the 4 day split we posted a teaser several weeks earlier, but I don't think the clips were posted until later on after the DVDs had shipped.

In the case of the Shock Cardio series we just finished this project a few days ago. We have never said when we would post video clips because we simply have not had time to work on this. We will eventually post video clips of all of our DVDs once time allows.

QUOTE]

Who would complain about that, that makes no sense AT ALL!! and because some people complain it ruins it for everyone, kinda silly in my opinion

I agree -- I'm just excited that we should be getting the workouts VERY SOON!!

So is it that you don't want to "spoil the surprise" (sorry, but when I buy something, I don't WANT any surprises, unless they are freebies included in shipping. And we don't need to be protected from our own curiosity: if there are clips and we want to remain surprised, we can easily choose to not watch them. We ARE an "educated crowd," aren't we?). :confused:

Or is it that there is no time to put together a good clip?

And how is "streaming an ENTIRE WORKOUT of a presale DVD" (When did that happen?) equivalent to showing short clips of the workouts?

Streaming a workout in this case means showing the entire workout. A person could click on link and then watch the entire DVD. This is similar to our downloads, except the file could not be saved and you could only view the video on your computer while it was streaming.

To answer your other question it is a combination of both. We have worked 7 days a week for the last three months on the Shock Cardio project. Our work day usually ends well past midnight. Until a few days ago, our total focus was on finishing this project. Now we have to get ready to ship presale orders and this takes a lot of prep work. We also have to deal with a huge increase in Christmas orders and a lot of other things we have going on. This just doesn't leave any time for a lot of things, including video clips.

As for the other part of your question, the reason we originally started publishing our video clips after shipping was because of feedback from our customers telling us this is what they preferred. Sure, people can choose to click or not click on a link, but this was true years ago too when we had a problem. In the case of Shock Cardio we've had a very quick turn around time for this project. This means you get your DVDs quicker, but at the same time there has been no downtime gaps in this project to work on other things. We didn't just film one workout, we filmed twelve! - and we only finished our work a few days ago. Video clips are not something we've even considered or looked at yet as far scheduling goes. We just haven't had time.

Last edited:
Just want to say thank you Cathe, SNM and everyone else involved for all your hard work in getting these workouts to us so quickly. I'm not complaining about anything -- I'm just excited we'll more than likely have all these new workouts to start using at the beginning of the year. Again, thank you for all your superb work!!! P.S. -- I would have waited as long as it took to get these workouts -- I'm just thrilled with the excellent quality you produce each time!

Julie

In the case of Shock Cardio we've had a very quick turn around time for this project. This means you get your DVDs quicker, but at the same time there has been no downtime gaps in this project to work on other things. We didn't just film one workout, we filmed twelve! - and we only finished our work a few days ago. Video clips are not something we've even considered or looked at yet as far scheduling goes. We just haven't had time.

i can respect that this would be the case for no clips. but the real questions,is everything still on schedule?will all orders have confirmation numbers(i think i chose the usps option instead of ups) and since we have the usps option are orders still going out in order they were received or are their new methods for this since two different shipping options were used this time around.

kassia

Until a few days ago, our total focus was on finishing this project.

I disagree that your total focus was on finishing the project. You had the Egglands Best tour in October, the 2010 calendar, the downloads, the firewalker loops and other fitness products, etc.

Also, why did you show video clips of STS strength if customers preferred to not have clips? What has changed since then?:confused:

Erica

Last edited:
I understand what it means, I just don't remember you guys ever doing that, so I was/am confused about the mention of it.

This was done a long time ago. I'm not sure exactly when, but I know it was before we moved to our new location - so it's been over 5 years.

I disagree that your total focus was on finishing the project. You had the Egglands Best tour in October, the 2010 calendar, the downloads, the firewalker loops and other fitness products, etc.

Also, why did you show video clips of STS strength if customers preferred to not have clips? What has changed since then?:confused:

Erica

I think they were definitely trying to "finish" the project and make everyone else happy during this time. I remember a lot of people wanting Cathe to start touring (I remember this request from the roadtrips). We'll here she is doing it! Cathe does SO much for us and has a family of her own (not grown children, but young children that need her attention). So I feel she is doing a WONDERFUL job at juggling all of these projects at one time trying to make everyone happy! I've been a fan of Cathe now for 20 years -- when she does something, she produces work that will be 100 percent quality (which I REALLY appreciate!). She also has an awesome support team (who I have had the privilege of meeting on several occasions at the roadtrips!) that work extremely hard to get everything out to us as soon as possible. Let's just be happy we're about to get an awesome collection of workouts very soon!

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.