STS CHECK IN DISC 35

Hello Cathe,
I'm wondering about if I can start from meso 2 and then proceed with meso 1 after meso 3 wich I will finish this week. Can I mix the mesocycles or I have to start again from meso 1?
I'm really satisfied with this programme and I would like to do it again, just to know in how many way I can use it.
Thank you very much
Ciao

What a challenge!!

I love your plyo workouts!! Those one legged squat thrusts! Only you could come up with something so unique & killer. About halfway through those my leg is so weak I have to go to two legs. You always give me something to work toward. Thank you!! After recovery I'm going to do it again. Can't decide whether to do it as is or do the 6 month version. Any suggestions? I can tell the difference in my body, I haven't really lost any mentionable weight but everyone thinks I have. My clothes do fit better, so I'm very satisfied. Thanks again!!

Yay! I did Disc 40! All done! Only Disc 36 left to do tomorrow, and finish out the cardio for the week, and STS round 1 is in the bag! This week's squat rack legs felt pretty tough. So glad to be done!

Sandra

I finished disc 35 this morning. I am not a fan of plyos--too old--really! I actually do remember when I could do them. So I have been modifying like crazy with these leg workouts. But today I decided to try harder with them and wow I could actually do most of them. At least for maybe 12 reps. Shocked myself. There are some I will never conquer but I was surprised at how much I did. I even got the paper plates under control. Thanks Cathe for the push--really should say shove.

I survived - but barely :eek:!

And here I thought I'd make it through all the plyo legs without the nausea and/or dizziness other people experienced ;).

But I must still say that even though I hate legs, I really enjoyed the plyo leg workouts :cool:!

I completed Disc 40 (Squat Rack Legs) yesterday evening. It was a tough one! I am still having trouble with the front squats. If I sub in dumbbell squats, would I get a similar effect? No matter how I hold the bar it hurts! It usually hurts my front shoulders where it rests.

Carrie

Disk 35 Plyo Legs

Completed the final Plyo workout of STS today. Boy, did I feel it today! :eek: Certainly needed that extra stretch afterwards. All the plyo moves felt good...even did better with the one-legged squat thrusts. (Although they still weren't pretty) ;) I think I am going to schedule a full body massage next week. I do believe that I have earned one. Hope everyone had a great leg workout. TTFN

Plyo 35

I did the whole thing without pausing (even after 180 turns)!! I went heavier on every weighted exercise and I felt strong and proud when I was finished. I think this has been my favorite Mesocycle.

;)Hi Cathe and fellow STS Warriors!;)

Here's My STS workout today:

STS, Meso 3, Week 4, Disc#35 Plyo Legs- 49 min
Calories burned= 381

This was really fun workout and sort of sad to have just one workout left. I still have some knee inflamation in both knees so I've had to wear knee braces while working out for extra support and knee stability. So, I've had to modify where I can in the Plyo Leg disc workouts. I've had to skip Plyo air jacks and Tuck jumps as they hurt my knees. Other than that its been very fun and challenging. Great stuff Cathe, STS Rocks!!!

Wow, you ladies are awesome & inspiring with the workouts you do
everyday. Well done ladies, and keep up the great job!

ps. Ok, how many of us secretly tried to sneak a peak at Cathe's workout card on the STS DVD's, LOL!!!! I'm kidding.:p

Hugs to everyone!

Nora

Wow, I'm a bit bummed we are at the end.....

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I really like the plyo moves. It keeps it all very fun and interesting.

Those squat thrusts are killer.

Disc 40 squat rack...
All finished. Wow! After four weeks of Meso 3 I felt perfect and confidant with my form. Thanks to the long rest periods and stretching I don't feel major DOMS just "aware" of all the worked muscles.
My hats off to all of the Plyo-warriors! I previewed those while I was ironing last weekend and I feel for you!:eek: On the same note, I can't wait to do them next time around.:rolleyes:

Done with Disc 40 Squat Rack Legs. I was able to do all 8 reps BUT the front squats were soooooooo tough!!! They still felt awkward to me but from checking my form in the mirror as much as I could, I looked like my form was fine. My range going down was pretty limited compared to a regular squat. Deadlifts tested my forearm strength for sure. I'm always relieved to get to static lunges because I enjoy those more than front squats and deadlifts plus it means the end is near. Overall, I'm happy with my increased strength. :)

Last plyo legs routine!

What a nice finish to the plyo legs! Nice mix of the plyo jumping & toning/weights. I was tired going into this one, but the energy & motivation came about half way into it. I did have to pause a few times. :O

Sad to been done with pylo legs (at least this time around). I think when I do STS again, I'm going to do the Squat Rack routine--sounds likes it will be a good challenge! But I will plan to eventually get back to pylo legs--may squeeze it in here and there as a cardio workout. :)

Silly me, I forgot to post my workout. Well it has been a few days but when a workout THAT hard is completed, you rarely forget the "shocking" details, ;)

Plyo Legs, all four of them, were a great challenge and workouts that I will insert with my regular rotations too. Btw, these are great to mix in with Imax's (ie: do 5 intervals of any Imax and then 5 intervals of Plyo legs...1 plyo + 1 strength exercise = one interval). Yeah, now we're talkin :eek:

I have definitely seen my balance and coordination improve by the 4th week (well maybe not for the one leg squat thrusts, tee hee) making my energy output much more efficient by the 4th week. I maximized my effort by week four getting the absolute most from each and every hop, skip, and jump...followed by every lunge, squat, and slide :D

After 4 weeks of this mesocycle, we can all proudly say we survived PLYO LEGS :eek: Way to work it!

Hi Chiara!

The STS program gives its best promoted results if done as is, however, that being said, each and every workout in the STS series is a high quality stand alone workout that will give you great results and one heck of a workout.

Now that you can say you did it once as is, go ahead and enjoy it in a way that you want to do it. Let us know how you do!

Hello Cathe,
I'm wondering about if I can start from meso 2 and then proceed with meso 1 after meso 3 wich I will finish this week. Can I mix the mesocycles or I have to start again from meso 1?
I'm really satisfied with this programme and I would like to do it again, just to know in how many way I can use it.
Thank you very much
Ciao

Hi Wiggie! You will be surprised after doing STS (as is) how much more time and energy efficient you will be at it the second time around. You body has great memory. But if you want to do a 6 month rotation next time, go for it. You are going to get great results too. Or if you want, you can do any particular week's worth of workout's or even one particular mesocycle a second time (vs the whole program) if you liked it in particular. There are no hard fast rules outside of doing the program as is for the best periodization results. But as I meantioned in another post, you can't go wrong doing anyone of the workouts as a stand alone. Each one kicks your butt :eek: Have fun!

I love your plyo workouts!! Those one legged squat thrusts! Only you could come up with something so unique & killer. About halfway through those my leg is so weak I have to go to two legs. You always give me something to work toward. Thank you!! After recovery I'm going to do it again. Can't decide whether to do it as is or do the 6 month version. Any suggestions? I can tell the difference in my body, I haven't really lost any mentionable weight but everyone thinks I have. My clothes do fit better, so I'm very satisfied. Thanks again!!

Way to Shock it Phyllis. You are the WOMAN!

I finished disc 35 this morning. I am not a fan of plyos--too old--really! I actually do remember when I could do them. So I have been modifying like crazy with these leg workouts. But today I decided to try harder with them and wow I could actually do most of them. At least for maybe 12 reps. Shocked myself. There are some I will never conquer but I was surprised at how much I did. I even got the paper plates under control. Thanks Cathe for the push--really should say shove.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.