whats your unhealthy vice

kariev

Cathlete
With all the diet and exercise that we all try to do to be healthy, it makes me wonder what are some things you guys do that aren't so unhealthy but you just can't give it up. Mine are tanning and not flossing everyday.

Dr. Pepper....lately, it's been at least 1 every other day. I wonder if it's better than artificial sweetener though.

Candy, candy, candy!!!!! I used to eat it every day, no joke. hot Tamales, mike and Ikes, Nerds, Twizzlers, peanut butter cups. No I tend not to buy it so I don't have it, but when my "Aunt Flo" comes around, I cannot keep my willpower up.:eek:

My unhealthy habits:

• Keeping absolute control on a daily basis and then completely losing it all at once because I just can't control it one second longer. I am trying to focus on managing, rather than controlling, but this is a difficult balance for me.
  • I tend to read -and buy - too many fitness magazines.
  • Too much coffee - I'm up to 3-4 day. I drink it black with no sugar, and I know that there are benefits to drinking about 3 cups a day, but I am concerned that I might be getting to the point of drinking too much.
  • Too much reality TV - seriously, it's getting ridiculous!
  • Exercising too much, to the point of needing an injury to slow me down. I am actually getting better with this one, as I used to work out 3-6 hours each and every day. Now I work out every day, but more intensely for shorter periods, and I work out smarter. I feel the need to work out everyday, but not to have it take over my life.
  • Not facing, dealing with and confronting things that need to be faced, dealt with and confronted. VERY bad habit - probably the most destructive of all in my life.
  • Seriously, this forum. I spend WAY too much time with you guys!

Smoking. Still. Am down to about a cig and a half each day Monday through Friday, and 3/4 of a cig each day on the weekends. That keeps me happy, heaven help me. I don't know if I'll EVER not want at least one little drag.

A-Jock

At least a glass of wine everyday. Yes, we all know the health benefits, but seriously, I have some EVERY DAY. That and a handful of dark chocolate chips.

Aimee

DH and I call them popcorn bowls.
IT has become a ritual that we can not watch a movie without a popcorn bowl. It is not the healthy stuff either. It has to include cheddar cheese and white cheddar popcorn. His has to include pork rinds and nacho rings with white cheddar puffs and mine has to have sweet and salty chex mix with something hot like flaming cheetos. Isn't that just horrible. It is a salt fest that I feel guilty about everytime but it like an addiction. I will not even be thinking about this big tasty bowl of crap and then he will say movie and PCB,(popcorn bowl) and it is all I can think of.:eek:
Oh that was so much like therapy. :D
Thanks
Rachel

Candy and Diet Soda on the weekends. I have a sweet tooth that is unreal!!!

Forgot to add: Cheese Doodles at a certain time of the month!!!!

Last edited:
Taking a sleeping pill every night to sleep.

Lack of control when eating out. The only places I can choose wisely are sushi and this seafood place with all sorts of grilled fish we go to. Sometimes, and only sometimes, I can do ok in a steak place, but even when I go with good intentions of ordering an 8 oz filet with a baked potato, I end up with the T-Bone, appetizer and some yummy fatty potato side!

Potato chips and wanting something sweet after dinner. Tried to substitute fruit but it just doesn't do it. I am now eating one activa yogurt and that helps. Later before bed I really want a slice of bread and butter--something I won't go near all day. Half asleep I wander out to the kitchen and there I am with the bread and the butter. No matter how much I promise myself I will not do this I always cave.

I have too many unhealthy vices to mention.

1) going into "sloth" mode when I get home from work....which means sitting down with a bags of chips and a beer. I'm getting better at this.
2) relating to number 1...I love beer. Really love it. And my tummy shows it. I love the taste of it - it's really wrong. I swear if they made a calorie-free non-alcholohic substitute that tasted the same I would be 20lbs lighter.
3) SWEET TOOTH. I always say I grew up in my Grandma's kitchen. I'm not a huge chocolate fan but love cookies, cakes, bars, and most candies.

I am actively working to deal with the above issues. :p

Going to my parent's house. They have m&m's in their living room, a bowl of chocolate in their den and cookies in the kitchen. I don't even try to resist. That place is dangerous!!! :eek:

Potato chips and wanting something sweet after dinner. Tried to substitute fruit but it just doesn't do it. I am now eating one activa yogurt and that helps. Later before bed I really want a slice of bread and butter--something I won't go near all day. Half asleep I wander out to the kitchen and there I am with the bread and the butter. No matter how much I promise myself I will not do this I always cave.

This is me (minus the bread and butter). I crave sweet and salty things. I know it is boredom and I can't wait till the longer days come where I'm out rather than in. Another weakness...ice cream:) Kay

CHOCOLATE!!!!!

Lately cookie batter! Oh just one bite...one more...onre more...you get the idea. Of course the logical thing would be DON'T make it to begin with. I have been holding off but then I had to make 2 batches for church :confused:

1) Chocolate
2) Chocolate
3) Chocolate

It has to be good chocolate, though (not the candy bar kind) and has to be dark.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.