We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

Hi everyone :)

Yesterday's w/o was 4DS LIS + BM (original) UB only. Total time 50min. Have I mentioned that I really like that short UB portion from BM? It is very basic and no-frills, but it works you very hard! In only 20min I feel as though all my muscles get completely worked. Good stuff :eek:.

I made the mistake of going to a mall yesterday in the city :confused:. HOLY BUSY! It was Family Day, and so of course everyone and their uncle, brother, sister, cousin, decided "oh let's go to the mall with the family!". I don't know about the US, but in Canada we love our malls. It was so ridiculous :rolleyes:. I hate walking in places where people are shoving me all over the place. I need my personal space bubble. UGH! never again!

Marie
:eek: w/o yesterday! Your monitor experience brought me back to mine. I was the same exact way, checking the light frequently :p. Oh I miss those workouts during nap time :(.
Good luck with the advanced Cardiac Life Support class :). I have only admiration and respect for nurses. IMO, you guys are hero's :).

Sarah & Colleen

I have been eye'ing Body Revolution since it came out! I swore that once the price was right, I would be adding it to my collection. You guys know how much I lovey Jillian ;).

Sarah

I think I am going to get Jillian's new book too. I love watching her info on the Daily Dose.
BTW, what is Body Shred you say she mentions in the book?
Have you done a hot/cold immersion with your foot? Two buckets, one with cold water (preferably ice :eek:) the other with hot water. You take turns with your foot in the water buckets, if I recall like 2-5min each. I learned that during physiotherapy. It helps, but in the end only time will heal that sucker.

Jen
Super good luck in TX! I know you are going to be just fine :). Let us know the juicy details ;). Do they have hot cowboys there? :eek:

Colleen
Don't let the kids on the rebounder! That's how mine broke, when I took it outside for Bella and some neighborhood kids to play with :mad:.
What is Tonique? Is that a toning w/o?
And of course I am going to try B&G again! I give-up to NO workout!

Have a good day ladies!

Hey girls!

Today's workout: Horizontal Conditioning: July Hardcore. The HC workout kicked my booty today! I think I may go back to doing these twice a week. I just love them so much! The 101's work nice as an add on after cardio so maybe for my March schedule I'll go back to doing that on Sundays. I did that in December and it worked pretty well. I'm considering a yoga week next week...anybody else wanna do it with me? :eek:

I stumbled upon this great blog on reddit today. This one is totally going on my bookmark/favorites bar! Fit and Feminist

Can you guys believe Cathe's going to be filming again soon? :eek: The creative juices must be flowing! She's crazy productive these past few years! :D

Natty- Tonique is a high endurance/high rep squat and lunge workout with other variations. She uses just 3 lb weights to increase the cardio factor throughout it so it's mostly lower body focused. She has some mat/floor work dvds, too but of course I avoid those. ;) I tried her first Tonique Premier but traded it right away since the way it was filmed and the voiceover bugged me. The filming was very "artsy" in that one. Born to Move is nicely advanced and I feel DOMS in areas of my glutes I don't normally seem to get at, like my outer glute/thigh areaa. Good stuff!

Gotta run! Have a good night ladies!

Yesterday's w/o was S&H (legs only) + DM (cardio only). Total time 60min. This was my first time doing S&H Legs and of course I LOVED IT :eek:. I matched Cathe in all her weight #'s, except for the plie squat with 40lbs (I don't have dumbbell's that heavy). I am quite taken with the S&H concept -- I can feel all my muscle fibers activate. I think the w/o would also be great with lighter weight #'s, really concentrating on getting deep into the motion. Oh, and I am always looking for w/o's that utilize barbell static lunges. They are one of my favs :eek:.

CATHE IS FILMING AGAIN :eek:. Please, please let there be complex step! It's OUR TURN this time :mad:. No offense to all you athletic-step people :D but we need our fix too ;). What is everyone hoping for?

Colleen
Thanks for the link on the blog! I will check it out :).
You know, it bother's me when people make comments saying Cathe does not look as "slim & lean" as she used to :rolleyes:. I think she looks spectacular for any age, but even more impressive being closer to 50. She is just such a beautiful woman, inside and out. As long as she is making w/o's, I will be buying them!
I find high rep squat and lunges to KILL ME! I hope you get some nice DOMS.

Have a great day ladies :)

Love the blog Colleen! I loved the last line on that article about the thigh gap :D. I say it often -- in my head of course :eek:.

I wrote a post yesterday and deleted it then ran out time to rewrite it.

Yesterday WO was a walk then back from Cross Train Express then some pull and chin-ups added in. I felt okay at this point. Then as the day went on, cleaning the car fixing dinner I started feeling sick AGAIN. My husband is sick too.

I slept awful last night, waking up sweating. I pushed myself this morning into doing KPC and it wasn't 100%. But I don't want to start over again. So I will try and push through as long as I can.

As for Cathe filming again, yippee. Why is it with Cathe I feel like I have to have the whole collection. I found 2 DVD's I've never even done, I hate to say.

The greatest hits thing is a great idea for a presale. I feel overwhelmed almost on what are my favs. I will have to think on this.

Nat - Thanks for the tip on the hot/cold immersion, the cold bucket sounds scary. I am major wuss when it comes to the old part. I will try it one the less.

Sarah

Afternoon ladies!

Quickie check in! This morning, I did Crossfire warm up plus firewalker tabata, then Paul Katami's 4x4x2 minus the bonus block. Total workout time: 55 minutes. I was naughty and skipped my stretch at the end ...I'm always running out of time this time of year for some reason! Regardless, I felt like a million bucks when I got done today!

Also, I woke up this morning with some sweet abdominal DOMS from July Hardcore that went all the way up my ribcage. I remember during the workout Sandra mentioning this one move really working the intercostal muscles and boy, she wasn't kidding! Tomorrow will be one of the Ultimate Yogi workouts but I can't decide which one...I may have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow when I wake up!

Natty- I'm glad you liked the blog! :D I've got it bookmarked on my favorites bar and have subscribed to it. I'm not one to follow blogs, either! This girl is a riot and I just love her writing style! Have you read any of the other stuff on there? I really liked this one, too: I reject the notion that physical strength is a masculine ideal « Fit and Feminist

Sarah- I'm so sorry you're feeling sick again! This nasty flu season feels like it's never going to end! :( I really hope it isn't this bad next year. I'm totally overwhelmed withe Cathe favorites, too, to come up with a decent mix! :eek:

TTYL girls!

ETA: Oh man, I just saw another blog entry of hers that has me nodding and chuckling...http://fitandfeminist.wordpress.com...hink-this-means-what-groupon-thinks-it-means/ Plus, she quotes The Princess Bride! You just gotta love this woman! :p

Last edited:
Quick Note. Love Texas. Everyone is kind. Lots of life and energy and jobs. Parents have been waiting for my calls. Excited.

Disc 20 legs and the 25 minute step portion from BM2 this morning. Worked it. Hoping for some DOMS tomorrow. I always thought I had strong calves but man do they cramp up when I do them. Maybe I should use no weight.

Education day at work today. Tomorrow is ACLS. Ugh I just hate sitting. I'm so used to running around all day at work that sitting still is rough.

B is sleeping in my arms right now. Love love love!

Natty- Nice job on your workouts! Do you like BM? I have 2 but not the original. Wondering if I should add it to my collection. Is it a long workout? We love our Mall of America here in MN. I walk there in the winter but am getting sick of it quickly. Can't wait for summer. I know people don't usually go to the mall to walk but I get annoyed when people dawdle along and stop in the middle of the hallway to stand and stare. Move off to the side people I'm trying to get a workout in lol. I avoid that place like the plague on Sat and Sun. Too many people for me! Thanks so much for the compliment. I do love my job! You are too sweet :) And yes please, complex step...please please please. So with you!

Colleen- Way to workout! Loving those AB DOMS! So stoked that Cathe is filming again. Eek! I would join you on yoga week but I'm so afraid I'll gain weight if I don't do cardio. Such a cardio freak! Excited to hear how it goes. I'll be doing yoga on Sundays now that I have UY. I feel like it would be really good for mind and body to do the 108 day challenge like you said. Maybe one day :)

Sarah- Way to work it. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well though. Stay healthy! Cathe will be there when you're back to feeling 100%.

Jen- TX gentlemen! Saw it on FB. Was happy to read that :)

Texas update:
Yes, the men are gentlemen. More so, if a woman acts like a lady here. Told a friend in MI whose never been married on the phone last night. Thought she was going start packing.
Phone interview Friday for my sister's company which has moved most of theirs operations here from Boston. Visited the place yesterday. Some misunderstanding but was resolved. Will make it positive Friday though. But, plenty of jobs here.
Yes, my goal is to move here. Matter of when now.

Yesterday's w/o was 4DS HI Step :).

I have my SIL over for 2 days, and so that might cramp my exercise. I feel guilty for some reason if I exercise when company is staying over. Anyone else feel the same?

Jen
I'm so happy you liked TX! I knew you would feel right in there for some reason.

Sarah
I'm so sorry to hear you and hubby are feeling sick again :(. This flu/illness going around is a bummer :mad:. It's funny how it spreads like rapid fire across the US & Canada.

Marie

BM is very no-frills -- nothing fancy. The cardio is athletic-type step w/your power circuits (legs) + UB portion. I actually got it at a time when BM2 was a bit too tricky for me, choreo-wise. Yes, it is 90min long. Just for the UB portion alone, I would say get it, but don't expect it to be as fun as BM2.

Colleen
If you are "naughty" because you skipped the stretch 1 time, then call me super naughty :eek:. I rarely do them :eek:.
Thanks for the links to the blog! I will surely read them :).
WTG on the ab-DOMS :eek:. I get excited when I feel it in my lower abs! Those suckers are very stubborn I tell ya :mad:.

Have a great day!

Hello ladies! Today I'm planning on Ultimate Yogi: Cardio. I think I'm ready for a week of yoga starting on Sunday. We'll see if I make it the whole week without caving on my need for cardio endorphins! :eek: LOL

So you guys won't believe this...I posted the link to the blog that I posted here on VF. The one "Of Thigh Gaps" Fit and Feminist. Well, it started out fine. A lot of ladies appreciated it and we got some good discussion going. At first, a few ladies needed clarification that I wasn't ripping on naturally slender women with the gap...which OF COURSE NOT! :confused: These ladies know me though and it was cleared up really quickly so it was all good. Then this one poster came on who I've had trouble with since last spring to totally put me on the defensive and basically be a jerk. :mad: She is a long time VF member so she is well known on the board. I made the unfortunate choice to defend someone against her last spring (someone who it turned out was actually pretty unstable and not worth defending I realized eventually...whoops). Well, even though I've tried really hard to stay on this woman's good side ever since, I've been dealing with all kinds of passive agressive crap from her and, well, it stinks. :( Oh well. Gotta take the high road and toughen up a bit I guess! lol

Natty- Good luck with your company! I totally feel you on the feeling guilty/weird working out when I have company! I was the same way when we had Mark's friend and his wife over for a week this past fall. I felt so weird for getting my workouts in...and of course Mark took the week off and slept in every day so I couldn't do my workouts hidden away in my bedroom. Oh nooooo...I was forced to do it in the living room. :eek: I still did it though. I figured, go ahead...think I'm weird! LOL

Jen- Ohhh, lots of men, lots of jobs...:eek: Sounds like home! :eek: :D I'm so glad things are going well on your trip!

Marie- Isn't sitting for hours at a time doing CE just awful? :( Whenever I have to do that it's like my tush goes numb! Did I ever tell you I used to work at the LensCrafters in the Mall of America? We got patients from all over the world in that one! I'd see patients with all kinds of crazy, exotic eye conditions, but then couldn't follow up because they were usually practically on their way to the airport to go home! I always thought it was so funny that they'd run in quick to get an eye exam and glasses like that. I suppose it's lack of access in their country or something but I always thought, what if you have trouble with the new glasses and can't get it checked out? :rolleyes:

Hope your feeling better Sarah!

Hello Friends.

Leaving to the airport soon. The alum from my alma mater is asking for money from me. States he's in the Philepenes. He's the one who promised me a job then bailed. Don't trust it.
Colleen. Frustrating and crazy. Hope it goes away.

Update on the VF drama: fortunately that lady pm'd me this morning and seemed sincere with an apology. :) I think we will be fine now. The moderator on VF mentioned a few weeks ago when another thread got heated that this time of year seems to be difficult for many people and threads get more argumentative. Funny, I haven't noticed that on Cathe's site so much, although VF is quite a bit more active than here. Taking deep breaths and also promising myself to toughen up a bit. :cool:

Ultimate Yogi: Cardio this morning wasn't as awesome as the other ones. He went through literally 28 minutes of the same sequence over and over! :confused: Well, one dud out of the set (that I've tried so far) isn't so bad. :D

TTYL!

Quick check in for me. Gotta get to bed. Early rise tomorrow. I work at 7 and want to do back and biceps before that.

I did CF and Core 2 today.

I'm ACLS certified. Man it's hard to sit for 8 hours but I did it. Won't have to renew for another 2 years thank goodness ;)

Off to bed.

BB tomorrow for personals :)

Home now. Beat the storm by a few hours. Told someone I didn't want talk about it till Sunday. Got irritated from her grilling of questions.
After 5 gate changes and leaving over 90 minutes late due to Tulsa, KC, and St Louis closing which messed up Dallas, sorry, I was tired. Flew over storm clouds.
My Mom says, "you should've said this...".
Maybe. My quick response worked.

I have some exciting news! I am going to try and get tickets today to see JM speak in Toronto in May! Hopefully I score some good seats! Wish me luck!

Colleen
You know what, all those articles along the lines of "I am woman, hear me roar (and flex my strong muscles too ;))" are always going to get heated discussions :rolleyes:. I'm sorry you had to go through a little bit of drama on VF :(. OTOH, I am glad that lady realized she was in the wrong and PM'd you. I think some people take forums waayyy too seriously :rolleyes:. And some are just plain ol' rude and think they can pretty much say anything their heart desires, hiding behind the "internet veil" :rolleyes:.

Sarah
How are you feeling today?

Jen
Glad your trip was a success and you are now home safe and sound.

Marie
Congrats on the ACLS certification!

2 1/2 hrs until Ticket Master opens and the tickets become avail! Wish me luck!

Congratulations on the tickets! SCORE! :D

No workout today...so a sort of boring post. :eek:

Yeah, Natty, I probably should have expected some controversy on the thread...which is fine actually since I think it's good to have some discussion and debate about these things. The problem is when a few unfortunately take to personal attacks. It's unfortunate and immature. I know I b*tch a lot about VF to you guys sometimes but honestly 95% of the time it's a really great site with LOTS of great people. :) It's just nice to be able to vent to you guys when I get ticked off. Hehehe :p

Better run! TTYL!

Yep.
That's why its great here. We all understand the need to vent when needed.
Phone interview for a Texas company in 2 hours.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.