We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

Morning girls! :)

I've been so busy the last couple of days. Usually I do most of my VF surfing at work, but we were booked solid the last two days and have a full schedule on Saturday, too. I wish it was like that every day, actually! I have today off but I have lots to do today. I feel like I've been going nonstop since we got back from Mexico. :confused:

Check in: yesterday I did Ultimate Yogi: Balance. I can't believe how in love I am with this program and Travis. If I wasn't such an endorphin/intensity junkie (not to mention my exercise ADD :eek:) I would even consider doing a full 108 day rotation. Maybe someday! ;) Today I plan on XTrain Low Impact Hiit (floor plus step premix) and then Sylwia BTM workout 2.

Natty- I'm so sorry about kitty. :( Big hugs from Wisconsin {{{hugs}}}.

Sarah- How's your ankle coming along? Lydia's is a lot better but I'm afraid she'll reinjure it. She refuses to let me put the wrap on...she only tolerated it for two days. :confused:

Marie- that little smile of B's on that facebook pic you posted...man that warmed my heart!! How cute was that?? :eek:

Hi Jen!!

Gotta run...later girls! Have a great Friday!

Last edited:
Hello Friends.

Hope your Friday is going well. Life can change in a minute.

Natty-Thinking about you. Losing a family member is devastating. Seville and Madrid send their love.

Colleen-Is Travis handsome? Step Reebok was one of my faves cause the men were hot.
Hope Lydia doesn't reinjure her ankle.

Sarah-Are you friends with Cathe on FB? How's your ankle?

Marie-Thanks for accepting my friend request. Get to see B all the time now. Your cover photo is cool.

Update:
Bad weather expected for travel on land and on air for all three days but have faith it'll be fine. No layovers for me.
Good news. My sister's company has moved 75% plus of operations from Boston to DFW metroplex. Her company has scheduled a phone interview for me one week from today, LORD-willing, I'm here for it. But, I asked if I could visit their offices while I'm in Texas and they said Yes. They're interested in my customer service and 401k/IRA work.
This call never would've occurred if my interest in DFW failed after June. Possibility, I may have a job before I move. Don't mind living in the burbs. Ft. Worth is urban in the core but space on the outliers. With my past experience, I know that this door may shut but I will be visiting other companies so other doors may open too.

Nat - : ( Just sit and hug and love Bella.

Marie - Those pictures are so cute it was like a little Valentines present. I love the third (because of his smile) and the last one because I LOVE naked babies. There is something about there bellies.

Jen - Too funny about the sleeplessness, I would be the same way.

Colleen - Oy Vay, do you really have to go on and on about UY? I wanted to get it while it was still on sale but my hubby lost his debt and both of our got cancelled, so for 2 weeks we are cash only. I never carry cash because I loose it. Seriously if you look in my purse all my money is waded up like a little childs savings that they have been stashing for a year. How's Lydia's ankle. My swelling is going down but the pain is worse. So other than walking I feel like I shouldn't push it.

I walked yesterday. I did have major Hammie DOMS from X-train Legs that I did on Wed. I didn't do the whole thing just what didn't bother the ankle.

Sarah

Thanks everyone for such kind, sympathetic words. They mean a lot during this time. I have no clue if I should tell Bella or not. So far she thinks he is at the pet doctor. I think she is still too little to "figure" it out. Mark was going to tell her that he won't be coming back, that he went to a home for old age kitties so they can take good care of him. What do you guys think?

On a happy note, I got B&G in the mail yesterday :). I will do it tomorrow and come back to report. Hopefully I get destroyed :p.

Colleen
How cool that you have finally found a yoga that you like! I can order UY on Amazon.ca, but it's gonna cost me a pretty penny :mad:.
Sorry to hear you've been busy since returning from Mexico. Ain't that just the luck after coming back from vaca :rolleyes:.

Sarah
WTG on getting some nice LB DOMS :eek:. I hope your ankle continues to get batter.

Jen
How is the weather in TX overall? Warm? Do the people have some sort of a reputation? It's amazing how diverse people are in different parts of Canada. The most culture shock I ever had was in Montreal. I swear, it's like I'm in Europe over there :confused:.
Are both your cats male? I find that male kitties are so much more lovable. We joke around, saying why didn't my girl cat go first, but in a way we are being a bit truthful. I love my girl cat, but she does not have that special place in my heart like my baby boy did :(. He loved everyone and never hissed or showed aggression. He was a pure angel and the sweetest soul.

Have a great day ladies :)

I did B&G today. It did not go well :(. I got fatigued 10min in, can you believe that? I guess I'm just not back to my 100% kick butt self yet :(. Tomorrow is a new day and a new workout. At least I AM trying.

Have a good day ladies :)

Happy Saturday.

Natty. My babies are both males whom are running my life and are lovable. Suki-Oki (Suesue) was a pure bread siamese seal point runt/preamie who was very lovable and a great Momma. She lived 21+ human years when only 4 were expected.
Texas is much warmer than MI. Very much a western cowboy culture with beef. Due to oil, there is money. Hence, Dallas, the tv show. Southfork is in Parker Texas. Texans are very proud of their State, culture and history.

Natty. For Bella, you could tell her that he went to heaven to hang out with Adrian (my old cat). She may start asking for him. Tough call.

Sarah. Be careful with your ankle. Walking can be harmful too.

Ate Philly CheeseSteak with fries then walked around the mall alot. Dangerous cause I visited the Apple store. Busy and fun.

Yesterday I didn't quite get the workout that I had intended. I did workout, but I got interrupted half way through. I did XTrain Low Impact Hiit (premix floor/step cardio). Then I put in Born to Move (Sylwia/Tonique), got 5 minutes in and my sister called. Why oh why did I answer the phone?!?! :mad: She kept me on so long that I ran out of time for Sylwia. I even kept telling her I wanted to get back to my workout...5 minutes in "so my heart rate is coming down, can I call you later?" 5 minutes after that "so I really want to get this in before I have to go to my dentist appointment..." another 5 minutes "I REALLY gotta go!". Finally I just took the dvd out. Since I couldn't bring myself to workout this morning before work, I'll have to try again tomorrow I guess.

Seriously, I don't know what is wrong with me that I can't bring myself to just let the phone ring! :rolleyes:

Natty- I'm so sorry B&G didn't go well. I hope you feel better soon. I totally agree about boy cats being sweeter than girl cats. That has always been my experience, too. When we got this new kitty (well, we've had him a year now) I insisted to Mark that we had to get a boy even though they can have more issues with urinary problems and spraying. It is so hard to know what to tell kids, too. I don't feel like I handled it all that well with the kids when we put Angel to sleep. I have NO idea how I am going to handle it when someone we know dies. Mark's grandma is getting worse and worse with the Alzheimer's not to mention all her other health woes so we are just freaking at the thought of handling that when the day comes. :(

Jen- OH yeah Texans are proud of their state. ;) My BIL's son grew up in Texas (his first wife moved there after their divorce when he was 2) and it is so funny how he can be. They also love their guns down there! Brandon (BIL's son) just bought his fiancee a pink AK-47 (his reason: for protection because he is gone for days at a time with his job). Yep you read that right :confused: I swear, he's not some nutjob...he's a super sweet guy, he just loves his guns. :cool:

Sarah- I'm glad you ankles feels better but definitely give it lots of time. Are you wearing a compression brace? Lydia's seems a lot better. Those kids! It's like youth has magical healing powers that somehow gets lost as we get older!

Hi Marie!

Running out of time, better get going! TTYL

Colleen. Your BIL's son is pretty much the norm. Not sure if my brother's friend has a gun cause she has dogs. She's supposed to give me her tour although her DH asked for a divorce last week.
Happy that a fugitive in the area of my hotel is no longer. Many thought he was headed to Galveston to fly to Miami.

Still continuing to walk, swelling is still there because my shoes don't fit. But none the less it is getting better.

Colleen- My husband's mom will answer the phone always. We tease her because she'll practically run to it, and we are in the back-ground shouting "life-line, Life-line." Anymore I hardly answer the phone but that annoys a lot of people too.

Nat - I would probably just tell Bella the truth in a subtle way. Then go and buy a kitten : ) I know this sounds silly but I know I will always have to have a dog in my life and my heart will just mend faster if there is another dog to give my love and attention to.

Jen - I never thought electronics could be so fun as I sit here on my ipad with my Zaggfolio for typing.

I bought Jillian's new book Slim for Life not that I need to read anymore about weight loss. But just because I enjoy it. So far I dig it.

I also did the big baddy and bought a scale for the first time in my life. Argh!
It's not nearly as bad as I though. Noramlly I hover around 120. In the winter to keep me warm ; ) I go up to 125. This winter I have been especially bad and my starting point from today is 127lb.

Sarah

Sarah.
Do you use Facetime? I use it from my brother's iPad in MI to chat with my sister and niece from upstate NY. It was fun to see them in their house.

Trying to talk a friend of mine into moving. She is concerned about her job but not trying to beat a clock.

Sarah
No more kittens for me! I still have a cat at home :rolleyes:. She's not the nicest, but at least she likes me :D. I am gonna be honest and say that if I get another animal, it will be a full grown cat (1+yrs) and adopted from an animal shelter. Kittens get homes, but cats don't :(.
Glad to hear your foot is getting better :).
WTG on buying Jillian's new book! I love her "tough love" attitude. She get's a bad rap, but there is no denying that woman knows her stuff!

Jen
It's so funny about the gun laws in states across the US. Here there is only one law: NO GUNS! I've never met anyone who has one, and I've never seen one in my life. I heard Texas has great beef :p. I think I would fit right in there! I love me some big chunk of angus steak :p.

Colleen
LOL about the phone :D. I will NEVER, and I mean NEVER answer the phone while I'm exercising. Unless it's GOD himself (even that's questionable ;)) the phone can ring! I've learned the hard way, and frankly people just don't get the point when you tell them you are busy :rolleyes:.
I'm sorry to hear about Mark's grandmother :(. I agree, explaining death to children is not an easy thing. I remember being at the hospital when my grandfather died (I was only 5yrs old). My family was honest, and said that he died and went to heaven. I remember feeling very upset and crying, even at that age. They even allowed me to see him in his casket. I'm not sure if that was the "right" thing to do, but I'm glad that I saw him. It was closure for me I suppose.

When I workout, I won't answer the phone either. I used too and I wouldn't get back into it.
My ex hunts so he has lots of rifles and had to keep them in a safe. Plus, a few of my neighbors have concealed weapons.
Getting lots of prayers and encouragement today. Might see a friend either in TX or MI. He moves back here March 7th so I'll see him here or there.
Going to bed early tomorrow night.

Today was IMax 2 and core 2. I have major DOMS from yesterday. I will admit I was a combo of lazy and busy so I took 4 days off this week. I was behind on STS so I had do to Legs and Back and Biceps yesterday. Wow that was rough! Was so sore today. IMax 2 was a struggle. Of course that's my bad for taking so many days off. When I don't workout I don't eat as healthy either so it's double bad. Oh well! I'm back on it now. My mom, gpa, aunt and cousin came in town today and they brought Girl Scout cookies and cinnamon rolls. I said no to both. So proud of myself ;) I did have a brat, no bun, and potato salad for lunch though. Yikes! Can't say no to mom's potato salad. It's the best! Back to my food tomorrow though.

UY came and I'm PUMPED!!! My plan is, yes I know I've said it before but this time I'm serious ;), yoga once a week. I need to remember how important it is to stretch and rejuvenate the body. If I don't mention yoga pester me about it :)

So glad we are all Facebook friends now :) Sarah are you on it?

Natty- I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. There is nothing worse than losing a family member. That is so hard! I'm glad he is at peace now and no longer suffering. I hope Bella took it ok, poor girl! I agree about those percentile charts. I was concerned at first that his weight seemed a little low but I just need to ignore the percentage and know that he is a happy and healthy baby and that's all that matters. Way to do BG, even if it was only 10 minutes. You'll be back in the groove before you know it.

Colleen- You are too nice for answering the phone when working out. I don't even take it to the basement with me. No one interrupts my workouts ;) except for B. I had to take a feeding break this morning halfway through IMax. WTG on Tonique. I have one of her floor butt and leg workouts. I can't remember the name of it but I do remember the great DOMS it gave me :) Can't wait to compare UY notes. So happy I finally decided to buy it.

Jen- Hope the weather is ok during your trip. Excited that you have a phone interview with your sister's company. Things are coming along! Excited to hear what comes next.

Sarah- Glad to hear the swelling is going down. Loving those LB DOMS :) Way to work it! I'm with you on the naked baby thing. I wonder how long I can get away with doing the naked baby pics ;)

Hello Friends.
Happy Monday!

Sarah. Are you on Facebook? How's your ankle?

Natty. Take good care of yourself.

Marie. Love the pics of B.

Colleen. How's your Monday? How's Lydia?

Update: Going to bed between 6-8pm EST. Snow is supposed to begin around 4am here when I head to the airport. Goal to get at least 6 hours of sleep tonight.
Tuesday, I only plan to go to Cedar Hill then catch up with everyone somewhere. Dinner with friend that night. 2 hours of time to spare before I can check in. So, mall time.
Please look for my updates on FB. Thanks.

Hello ladies!

Yesterday I did XTrain Tabatcise rounds 1-4 and 45 minutes BTM (Tonique) workout 2. The day was getting away from me and I was pretty fatigued at 45 min so I decided to call it a day at that point. Yesterday was crazy busy with cleaning and laundry. I haven't been able to deep clean my house since I got back and it was driving me bonkers! The dust was almost embarassing. We also had my nieces over and one of Dylan's friends so trying to clean around a bunch of wild kids was a bit of a challenge. :eek: Lydia seems back to normal with her ankle but I've decided to not allow the kids on my rebounder anymore. All the kids were pretty bummed about that yesterday ;).

Marie- This is the only Tonique I have and I had to cave when people were raving about their glute results with this one. :eek: It's pretty awesome. I just love the DOMS I get with it because I feel it in areas of my glutes I must not normally hit well, like the outer glute/thigh area. I don't see me buying her other mat workouts though since I hate floor work and can't be on my knees. BTM is pretty much all standing, high rep endurance squats and lunges. Legs feel like Jello when I'm done!
I am SO excited to hear what you think of Ultimate Yogi!!

Jen- I hope your flight isn't delayed due to the weather. Air travel is my least favorite thing these days...although it might be preferable to a cruise considering what those people who got stuck on the Carnival cruise line had to endure! Good luck!

Natty-Do you plan to try B&G again soon? I'm so bummed your first experience with it was when you were feeling down. :( I hope your feeling better today.

Sarah- cool about the Jillian book. Say, do you guys have or have you considered buying her Body Revolution workout series? I have been resisting getting it due to the price but it's been getting some raves lately on VF and I'm starting to feel my resolve crumble...:confused:

Better eat some lunch! TTYL girls!

Last edited:
Safe trip Jen ! Good luck too.

Marie - Awesome WO. I love Imax 2. I got super good at it. i really like 3 also but never made it 100%. As for naked baby pics, I'm not sure when I stopped. It was a sad sad day : ) I used to love the thin mint cookies.

Colleen - I haven't been tempted to get body revolution more tempted to get ultimate yogi or Insanity. Jillian talks alot about Body Shred in the book.

Nat - I agree on the cat adoption. I have never had a puppy either. I always get them older. That way if they end up completely messed up I can still say it was from before I adopted them ; ) I don't have this out with the 3 kids.

Todays WO was Supercuts and I though it was fun. Went by super fast too. There was just a few moves I couldn't do because of the ankle. It's still sensitive and swollen.

Sarah

Chest, Triceps and Shoulders for me today. I also did HiiT 30/30. I took 3 or 4 breaks during it. B needed me. I had him in his bouncer seat in the basement with me and he ended up getting bored. We took a few breaks...feeding and reading books. Then he napped during HiiT. I used the monitor during that time. I'm always checking to see if the light is on and that it's working. Can we say paranoid?! I ended up running upstairs after the warmup just make sure everything was ok at his end.

I'm taking an Advanced Cardiac Life Support class on Thu. It's a recertification class. I took the initial one 2 years ago so I had to do some studying for that today. I lasted about an hour and a half. I have no clue how I stayed so focused and could study for hours upon hours during nursing school. Of course I didn't have B back then and he is WAY more interesting than what I was studying :)

Colleen- WTG on your workout. I'm scared of Tabatacise. Still haven't tried any XTrain workouts. I plan on saving them all for when I do the rotation. I feel ya on the dust. Drives me nuts. Now-a-days I either power clean while B naps or do a quick clean of the bathroom before getting in the shower.

Sarah- Take care of that ankle. Nice job on SC!

Jen- Have a safe trip. I look forward to see how it's going on FB.

Hi Natty!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.