We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

jen - i hope your phone interview went good.

marie - congrats on your recertification. i couldnt sit that long. Anymore i feel like im dying if i have to sit through a movie at the theatre. I am a couch layer at home.

Colleen - sounds like some long yoga poses alright. I think rather than ordering the whole she-bang for UY i will start off with the short and sweet one since most of the time i just add yoga on at the end. Have you heard anything about it?

Nat - Congrats on your Jillian tickets. I think it would be really awesome to go. She's very inspiring, at least for me. Hows your house guests going. Still fitting in the exercise?

I don't like it when people pick on Cathe either. It frankley just pisses me off and shows how we as women often sit and nit pick. However with that being said I also feel like I can pick on other people on the DVD's that have a downer effect for me. : ( I wish I could go and photo shop them out. I know it's my mean streak.

So my whole family has been sick for 3 days now. That has never happended and hopefully never again. Could I be so lucky? FYI I am not a lucky person. I has also started my period the combo was like fingernails on a blackboard, possibly worse.

Today I woke up feeling better. The sweeling in my ankle is almost gone too. So maybe it was good for me to get sick to lay off the ankle for a couple of days. I did X-train LI Hitt with abs and a little of yoga relax as my neck hurts.

Sarah

Almost 3:30- can't wait to see my boys :) We are hanging with our nieces tonight. They are staying at hotel with their dad who is in town from Boston. I wish I could take B in the pool but he is still too young so we will just dip our toes in :)

Imax original this morning. I have only done that one one other time. Some of the blasts killed me---huffing and puffing. Core 1 as well.

I have UY on board for tomorrow morning. Looking forward to that :)

Natty- Yay for your tickets!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it is. Love JM.

Colleen- I'm glad that lady sent you an apology. I have still never visited VF but it sounds like there is a lot more drama on there compared to Cathe. Enjoy your rest day!

Jen- Good luck on the interview :) You'll be great!

Sarah- Sorry you're sick. Nice combo there too :/ You should lay on the couch and do nothing tonight! Btw I'm a couch layer too. DH always says how on earth can you take up so much room. Hey what can I say I like to be comfy ;)

Hi everyone :)

Yesterday's w/o was Imax3 (intervals 1-7) + High Reps. I cheated a little :eek: and did Imax first, ate dinner, and then did High Reps. It still counts though! ;). During Imax, I really pushed through all those plie jacks, doing ALL OF THEM. It frustrates me that a silly move like that (ok, silly in my eye's :rolleyes:) could fatigue the legs so quickly :confused:. I honestly think that's the only time I curse at Cathe :eek: and during any bicep work :). As for High Reps, I think that might actually be the most *perfect* total body workout Cathe has ever made. I'm hoping for more total body in her newest releases!

Marie
I hope you have fun with your nieces! Bella is total water baby :). In fact, she is going swimming with her daddy today.
OMG Imax1 is HARD! I remember doing it and thinking "oy, why are these blasts so tough?! Isn't this w/o from the 90's??" :D;).

Sarah
I'm sorry to hear about everyone getting sick :(.
I agree about women nit-picking on other women. My mother was constantly doing that. It was so extreme that she would go about giving women dirty looks and making it obvious :rolleyes:. UGH. What a piece of work she is :rolleyes:.
I'm so happy the swelling in your ankle is getting better :).

Colleen
You can vent about VF whenever you like :D. BTW I meant to ask you, people are giving JM Body Rev good reviews over there? I'm thinking I MUST HAVE IT :eek:. The one thing I'm on the fence about, is that Jill focuses more on body-weight stuff and high reps/low weights. I still want my heavy weight training!

Jen
I hope you phone interview went well! Fingers and toes crossed!

Last edited:
AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! I just spent the last several minutes typing a long check in post and I just lost it all!!! NOOOOOO! :mad: :mad:

Sigh. Okay, I'm going to try again but this may be a little abbreviated. :(

Yesterdays workout: Athletic Training leg/cardio premix plus Sylwia BTM workout 2. Loving the butt DOMS today! Today I'm planning on UY: Strength. Can't wait!

Natty- JMBR is getting positive reviews on VF! One of the ladies on my check in is raving about those. I think you would be fine intermixing those workouts with heavy weight training. I can never stick to one rotation with one instructor myself. :eek:

Marie- have fun with your nieces! Great job on IMAX! :D

Sarah- I have Short and Sweet, too! I've only done the first one so far, but compared to UY he definitely just dives in. With the longer ones, he spends more time easing you into the flow, which tends to make it more relaxing. With the one I did, it definitely felt more intense to me and more like a workout if that makes sense. I'm glad I have both, because I think they compliment each other well!

Jen- I hope the phone interview went well!

Have a great Sunday ladies!

Last edited:
Just did Ultimate Yogi: Strength...LOVE!!!! It was really intense, both strength wise and mentally. I feel calm but tired, too! Wow! :eek: I was sweating way more than I did with the Cardio one!

Sunday post. Hope to do personals tomorrow.

Thank you, my phone interview went well. Shorter than anticipated. Asked questions upfront.
Yesterday, I spent hours going through the connections of the person whom I was supposed to meet last Tuesday. She is the alumni director. Southwest Airlines and a staffing company so far. Posted to a job to staffing company too.
Extremely tired cause I go to bed thinking of what I need to do.
Thursday ended up as 5 gatechanges and 100 minutes late but got home 40 minutes late. Flew over the big storm.
Still in shock I was in Texas. Miss it already. Will regret if I don't go. Prayers.

LOVE UY. I did Crosstrain this morning and then Hardcore which is about 15 minutes of abs exercises and I even did the 10 minutes of meditation. It felt so good. My mind tended to wander during the meditation but I'll continue to work on that. DH and I used to meditate daily for a few good months and it always felt so nice. Must get back into it. So my plan is to do UY every Sunday. I started with day 1 today and will just follow the program from there, weekly though, not daily. LOVED it! I felt so good afterwards- mind and body. My only change will be doing Hardcore, if scheduled, first to get it out of the way. It wasn't as hard as Core 1 and 2 but still not fun to do after a full on yoga workout.

Had a blast with my nieces. On FB there is a picture of B with my older niece Sofia :)

Natty- WTG on your workout! I'm so lazy after I eat. I would have never headed back to the basement. I as well LOVE HR. Can't wait to do it again after STS is done. Glad you think IMax 1 is crazy hard too. Yup I'm thinking 90's ;) Cathe's sweatband rules! I bet Bella had a blast with daddy!

Colleen- UGH! Hate when I lose a nice long post. Nice workout! lad you're loving UY too! I'm seriously considering the 108 day program. I think I'm crazy but I felt so great afterwards! Have you done the meditation?

Jen- Nice job on your interview. So happy it went well.

Hi Sarah!

Yesterday I decided to take the day to myself and go shopping with my brothers girlfriend. I am wanting to redo my family room because we just bought three new full size sofas. So I have to knock down a little wall and figured since I have to do that maybe new paint is in order as well. Also a new area rug, because the one I have right now was in expensive, has been falling apart for years and of course has had every bodily fluid on it including about 9 years of me sweating all over it due to Cathe. The area rug I have right now is a polypropylene. I'm not sure what to get this time around. If any of you have area rug suggestions please help an indecisive person out.

Today I did X-train Ride. Then took the dog on a 2 mile walk with TJ. It was nice he rarely goes for walks with me. He used to be such a Mama's boy but the last 6 months is changing to a Daddy's boy. But it's all good. I don't mind honestly.

Okay so Nat, I had a dream with you in it last night and Jillian and Bob too. How weird is that. I was with Jillian and she was helping me exercise and I said to her you got to meet Nat she LOVES you. So then you and her were together and at that point Bob was with me, EXERCISING, of course ; ) Really strange, I know.

Great job on your double dose too.

Marie - Good job with the UY. Glad you had a great time with your neices. How old are they? I have three, the first one is my favorite and has always been. She is 19 now.

Jen - Missing Texas?? Your smitten!

Colleen - I hadn't deleted apost for a long time and just did it last week, so mad!

Sarah

Colleen - I saw the new WO's! I will have to order just because I collect Cathe. I don't collect anything else. I have one pair of boots and 1 pair of dress shoes. I have one drawer for pants and one for shirts. I have 5 items of clothes in the closet. Most people have more main stream collections, I collect Cathe!

So I have been trying to exercise first thing n the morning and that means on an empty stomach. I wanted to see if it makes a difference. I am losing regardless between cleaning up the eats and being sick. It is really hard to do it on a empty stomach. Today I did To the Max and only lastest 35 minutes. I didn't even do my favorie part which are the Arnold presses with the traveling plie' squats. If you are a first thing in the morning worker outer, do you do this on a empty stomach?

Sarah

NEW STEP WORKOUTS!!!! YAAAAAA!!!!!!

Looks like the new 7's are going to be great!!!! I'm most looking forward to the step ones (of course :rolleyes:) and the legs & glutes ones :eek:.

Yesterday's w/o was a 2 mile walk + 30min KPC. It's TTOTM for me and I'm feeling very tired today. I'm going to continue with a workout anyway. I was thinking SuperCuts or possibly a hiit workout. We'll see...

Tomorrow I try Gym Style UB for the first time! Wish me luck!

Sarah
OMG your post had me laughing out loud :D. It's funny how we can dream of the most random things :confused:. I loved the part when you made sure to state you were "exercising" with Bob :p. Did you think I would think you were doing something else besides exercising? ;)
I bought a rug at Ikea not too long ago. I tried to find my model on-line to show you, but I don't see it anymore :(. Anyways, it kinda looks like this except it's chocolate brown and the shag fiber's are longer:
VITTEN Rug, high pile - 140x200 cm - IKEA
We call it the "carpet of secrets" because once stuff get's in there, it's gone! It looks really pretty, but it' not very practical with a small child :rolleyes:. Oh, and you absolutely cannot workout on it.

Colleen
I hate when posts get deleted :mad:. It's happened to me more times than I can remember :mad:.
Great job on sticking to your Yogi's :). They sound wonderful -- I'm jealous.
NO I AM NOT CAUGHT UP YET! I didn't watch last night's episode, so don't spill anything! So far I am enjoying the comeback series. I hope Rick gets his act together :confused:. I think he is totally going a bit (ok, a lot!) loopy :(.

Marie
WTG on embracing Yogi too :). You and Colleen are killing me over here :(. Just kidding! I'm happy you guys are enjoying it :).
It's so cool that you and Tony used to meditate together. I wish I could clear my mind and do the same.

Jen
For some reason, I had a feeling you would love TX :). I think you are going to do great there and fit right in!

Have a great day ladies!

Sarah- Me, I have to have something in my stomach. Nothing heavy and I have to be careful of drinking too much coffee otherwise it sloshes around in my stomach! :confused: I can't workout as soon as I wake up though. My morning ritual is wake up at 6:30, drink coffee and eat either my honey nut cheerios with almond milk or oatmeal with almond milk while browsing the forums on the computer, get the kids up and ready for school at 7:00 and start my workout at 8:00 after they are on the bus. Last year I started working out around 7:00 while they were still getting ready, but this year I managed to switch my schedule up a bit so I could start later on Tues, Wed and Thurs. I also have a shorter commute than I used to have so that gives me a little more time, too.

I'm so ordering! I figured out the cost if I only liked half of the workouts and it's still a better deal than waiting to order them individually. Plus, who knows...maybe the step workout with more basic choreo will be doable! Never say never! :D

Natty- I won't spill anything about TWD! I agree, Rick is way too fine to be crazy! :p Get it together Rick! It should be easier to get over Lori than that. LOL :eek:

Marie- I've never tried the meditation part yet. I'm a little scared. :confused: I have a hard time clearing my head even while doing the shavasana (corpse pose) and that's just for a minute or two. :eek: I know I should try it though, especially before bedtime...oh idea! I should bust that out sometime when I'm struck with insomnia! Hmmm...

Jen- So glad Texas went well! I'm excited for you!!

Quick check-in. BBL for personals!!!!!

Disc 21 for me this morning. OMG the pushups are back. Narrow stance pushups at the end of the workout. Is she crazy LOL?! I went straight to my knees. I also did 25m step from BM2.

At work now. It's my Friday. Day 6 or 6 almost done....yay!

Tony is home sick today. He is doing a juice fast where he actually juices fruits and veggies with a juicer. He was feeling all light-headed yesterday and today was tired along with it so he called in sick. I'm not sure about these fasts. I feel like the body needs food. Has anyone done one or know anyone that has? I'd love to hear stories if you have.

Excited about the preorder!!!! Natty- I KNOW you're as pumped as me about step! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Monday, Friends!!

Natty. Excited for the new workouts, eh? They look awesome. Congrats to you for keeping up with it. Been tired too-not sure if winter blues or stress. Your workouts are motiviating to me.

Sarah. Never workout on an empty stomach. You need the energy. Eat a low calorie snack before you do then eat afterwards.

Colleen. Congrats on ordering the new ones. I have to bypass. I agree. 50% off is a great deal.

Marie. Love seeing B on FB. Sorry to hear Tony is sick. Friday is always a great day.

Update:
Tentative move date to Texas is now April 1st. My parents are once again hestitant about cosigning my lease. So, I asked my youngest brother whom makes well into 6 figures and has a giving heart. He married last spring to a woman with 3 kids who works and owns her home. The reality is no change will be foreclosure on my home and default on student loans. Yes, I know I belong in Texas with my babies. Found an apartment today for $645 for two bedroom, first floor, 936 sq footage. Dropped 50 per month.
Prayers appreciated.

Great news!!

Read Texas law on rentals. If a tenant can prove he/she has more than 3 times the whole year's rent in savings, he/she requires no cosigner. I have almost 10 times in a CD.
No cosigner. As soon as I get approved, I will contact movers, etc.

Afternoon girls!

Today's workout- UY: Vitality. I liked it but don't love it like some of the others. So far I LOVE Strength, Balance, Detox, Gentle Yoga, Yin Yoga and Cross Training. I like, but don't love, Flexibility and Vitality. Cardio I didn't care for.

I love the emphasis on back bends in this one. I can tell I need to do this more as it is pretty challenging for me (sort of like the stability ball with HoCo :eek: ). I'm not crazy about the Fire Breathing, though. He actually does this in a few other workouts, as well, but it's featured here more prominently. It makes me feel light-headed. I have lowish lung capacity which I think originates from the severe pneumonia I had as a child. Also, my deviated septum makes breathing in and out of the nose uncomfortable. I also don't like when he does slow breaths in, then holds the breath before releasing. It makes me feel light-headed and panicky. Do you ever do that Fire Breathing Marie?

He also does quite a bit on all fours in this one. I did it, and I was okay...I think the pain I got on all fours previously was due to residual inflammation I had in the knees at the time. Regardless, I still want to be careful with it.

Jen- awesome news about not needing a cosigner! That's got to be really liberating! :D

Marie- fasting...yeah I never really bought that as a healthful thing to do, although I know some people do. It just doesn't seem normal to me to deny the body what it normally needs to function. I hope Tony is feeling better!

Better run...Waves to Natty and Sarah!!

Good evening ladies :)

Yesterday I made a workout in my blender. It went like this:

-1st round of Tabatacise (1 set - no repeat - 2min)
-1st cycle from AO (3-4 exercises)
-Recovery step from Tabatacise

Then the next group was 2nd round of Tabata, 2nd cycle AO, recovery step. Repeat this cycle for about 50min until all the Tabatacise and AO exercises are complete. OMG was it HARD! I hit the 35min mark and stopped :eek:. My legs are still DOMS'ing from High Reps and the lactic acid build-up was killing me! That is one effective leg/glute workout if I do say so myself :D. What I love about it though (besides no repetition) is that you are not pounding high impact the entire time. You get your HR super high with Tabata, then it stays elevated with hiit and the recovery step. What a super effective cardio w/o! MY GLUTES ARE ON FIRE TODAY!

Today's w/o was a 1hr walk with Bella (it was balmy out) + Gym Style Back, Shoulder's, Bi's. O-M-G. LOVE. Enough said. This one has my heart :eek:.

Jen
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I'm happy you can bi-pass the whole co-signer thing too. I can't believe how cheap apartments are over there! I'm clearly living in the wrong country: high cost of living, crappy weather, losing Tim Horton's cups :mad:. Just kidding! ;)

Colleen
I liked reading about the description of your newest Yogi. Those damn back bends always get me too! Fire breathing sounds...interesting? Are you pretending to be a dragon or something? :D
BTW, are you seeing any particular results from the Yoga? (besides your usual fine self of course ;)).

Marie
I've never fasted. It never even crossed my mind, actually. I can't go 3 hours without food, never-mind juices alone! I think I would seriously go into convulsions or withdrawal. But you know what, perhaps they DO benefit the body. Has Tony does this before? Hope he feels better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.