We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

TTM and Core 2 this morning! What a workout! Then I met my friend at the mall to walk. No wonder I'm starving today.

This afternoon I did some shopping at Target. Love that place.

Tony is feeling better, thank goodness. He is still pounding away at the juice fast. He is hoping to make it 30 days. He is super motivated when he gets on a roll so I hope he can make it to his goal. Our 9th anniversary is on Wed but I work so we are celebrating on Thu. We are getting massages and then I mentioned going out to dinner but oops that can't happen because of the fast. Oh well...probably healthier for me too.

Sarah- You are so good with your redoing of rooms. Can't wait to see pictures of this one. You seem very handy! My nieces are 11 and 12. They are 11 months apart. Just love those girls. The older one is kind of in her pre teen mode now and obsessed with texting and such. Not very social with the family but I still make her talk to me lol. The younger one is a snuggle bug still :) I never workout on an empty stomach. I just eat something small. Usually a 100 calorie Greek yogurt. Chobani makes a good one- coffee flavored yogurt with dark chocolate pieces.

Natty- WOOHOO! Step baby! Your favorites are my favorites too :) Nice job on your workouts. How was Gym Style UB? Love your rug! Looks cozy :)

Jen- Congrats on the move date and the apt. Great price!

Colleen- Meditation is hard. My mind always wanders but less with time. The type of meditation I like to do is focused meditation. So for example I focus on the waves of the ocean. Picture them rolling here. Hear the noise they make. Smell the beach. Bring all the senses into it. Another one I do is drawing a circle in the sand. Picture your finger in the sand. Feel it. Focus on it. I'm so with you on back bends. Not my thing. They hurt my wrists and back. Actually maybe I'm thinking wheels. Either way hopefully they'll get easier with practice. I try and do the fire breathing. It helps me focus and get more into the practice. I do lose it though, especially with harder poses. I'm like ummm this sucks the last thing I can do is worry about my breathing lol.

Natty- We were posting at the same time.

Glad you like Gym Style. Love your workout from the blender. Looks rough lol!

He hasn't fasted before so so something new :) I'm with you on not being able to go more than 3 hours without food. I always have snacks with me :)

Cost of living much be less in TX because here in MN we pay 1000 a month for a 2 bedroom duplex.

Tuesday night I also ended up taking 3 1/2 mile walk with the dog while 2 of the kids were at wrestling practice and 2 kids were at home ( I say 2 kids because the DH is sick ). I played a fun game while walking to try to have fun with the daughter that was at home. Where in the world is Sammy (dog)? I took pictures all around the city and set them to her via DH's phone and she would have to text me back where we were. I was actually pretty fun because I made sammy get up on the bench by the police station and had herput her paws on the bell at the firehouse.

Today's WO motivation was a beautiful morning. So I took a 3 mile jog. Then came home and ate because I was starving. Then later in the day was Burn Sets back and biceps. With some pull and chin-ups thrown in.

I am having issues with the one body part a day because if my I work my chest then the next day is shoulders chances are, I am too sore. So I'm unsure of what muscle groups least coincide with each other.

Nat- Thanks for the pic of the rug. I really do need to be able to exercise on it too. I just know its not realistic for me to lift the legs of the sofas to roll up the rug. It actually reminds me of our bathroom mats.All the dirt just goes down into and stays there until I wash them. Your mix and match sounded great. I Love the GS too. They are a fav.

Marie- I am really not that good about redoing rooms. I had not touched the house for 6 years hoping we would build. But now that we have decided not to build I would like to make the house work better for us.

Jen - That such good news about the co-signing.
Good job doing your researching.

Colleen- Good job doing your Yoga week. Are you going to make it through w/o cheating? I have tried meditation also thinking it would help with stress when kids are acting up. But I can't make the voices in my head shut-up ; )

Sarah

My workout today is shoveling heavy wet snow. Later this week, I'll need to pack for the movers and FedEx. All positive and all good.
Natty. Move to Texas. Your DH could easily get a job at DFW airport. Great schools. Gas is 30 cents cheaper per gallon than MI. 3.65.

Afternoon girls

Today I totally intended to do UY: Detox but then XTrain Cardio Leg Blast was calling me from the shelf like some siren at sea.:eek: lol It's totally in my head, but I could've sworn I was starting to feel my butt atrophy. I just had to get some lower body/cardio in there! Plus, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give my upper body a break from all the chatarunga's I've been doing. Honestly, I'm amazed people can commit to an entire 3 month rotation of just yoga... or even just kettlebells or any system with one instructor! I remember once I tried to do a rotation of RKS and I literally couldn't look at my kettlebells for weeks (and I only made it two weeks in!). Cathe is really the only instructor I could workout to exclusively if I was forced to...but even then I'd be pining for my other stuff!

Tomorrow I am definitely doing UY: Detox!!!

Marie- Tony is doing a 30 day juice fast? Wowza! :eek: I'm so happy for you and Natty getting new step workouts! Those are fast becoming hard to find (new ones that is). ITA how the breathing differently is difficult in hard poses! I just get too panicky if I can't breathe normally. I'm just going to try to focus on breathing in slowly and deeply and then breathing out completely versus my normal rather shallow breathing. A panic attack in the middle of yoga probably defeats the purpose! lol :p

Sarah- Yep meditation is tough when you have a busy mind! lol I'm going to try Marie's idea of imagining a sea and waves. The ocean is always so calming to me whenever we go on vacation. I would love to live next to the ocean! That is such a sweet and fun game you played with DD on your walk. It's stuff like that the kids are going to remember, "special little things mom did for me that made me smile." :)

Natty- I feel dumb, but what is AO again? It sounds so cool how you can combine workouts like that. I really really hope Cathe has some sort of matrix menu option on the dvds so that we can combine chapters as we please. I really wish that had been on the Tabatacise disc. :( I often would like to just pick which tabatas I want to do, in which order I want and despite having many premixes on that disc most of them don't appeal to me. I am SO excited to have 2 new leg workouts as well as the KPC inspired one! I especially hope she leans more toward KPC for inspiration and less toward Hard Strikes ;).

As far as results with yoga, it's never so much aesthetics I gain from it. Yoga is never really a calorie burner for me and I don't feel like it's well rounded enough strength wise to be a good at sculpting muscles. I think you can easily build muscle with body weight exercise, but yoga not so much. What I do gain from it is better and deeper sleep! The flexibility of course is amazing, too. Whenever I'm feeling over trained and achey, as soon as I do a yoga disc I immediately feel better! :D

Jen- You are going to be a busy bee for awhile with the move and all! I'm sending you positive vibes for everything to go smoothly and have the stress be as low as possible. Moving ALWAYS stresses me out more than anything. I hate that "not settled in" feeling.

Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited:
I didnt know what AO was either. Oopsie.

Today's WO was Hard Strikes plus core number 1. Then a 4 mile walk with the dog tonight. For some strange reason my triceps are very tight. Thats why this whole one body part per day is just got me confused.

Sarah

So tired but wanted to check in real quick.....

B took a super long nap today so I did legs and Step Moves. It's the last week of Meso 2. I'm excited for active recovery week.

I worked this evening but got off early. We had 4 nurses scheduled instead of the regular 3. We all had to do some IV pump education so I covered when each person took their turn.

Today was our anniversary. 9 wonderful years :) We both worked though so we will be celebrating tomorrow.

Off to bed...

Oh quick update on the fast....

He is doing great! He has never done this before. He watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and that got him motivated. He still drinks a little coffee but other than that it's all juices. He uses a Breville juicer. It's amazing the amount of produce we go through now. He says he feels great and has more energy. I'm so proud of him. God only knows I could never do it.

Ok now I'm really off to bed. Night!

Good morning ladies :)

AO = All Out Low Impact Hiit. Sorry! I hate using workout abbreviations too.

Yesterday I tried to do a workout while Bella was awake :rolleyes:. I wanted to do as much as Crossfire as I possibly could. I got to the Circuit Blast section until Bella came in and wanted my attention. So I got her to kinda jump around and simulate some of the moves. I did not use weights for that section, just in case. You know, I don't want to hit my child with a 5lb'er :D. After that, she started to get silly, so I called it quits.

Jen
I've tried to get Mark to move to British Columbia -- the nicer, warmer part of Canada :D. But he says he can't move far away from his family. It's funny, I have no problem moving away from my own family.
Take a good look at that snow you have cuz' soon you will never have to see it again! I'm SO JEALOUS!

Marie
Happy anniversary! Have you been married 9 years, or together for 9 years?
Glad to hear Tony is doing ok. He must have amazing willpower I tell ya!
We get a Target here soon! I'm super excited :eek:.
MN is Minnesota, right? Is that near the East Coast? I think Betty White's character on Golden Girls was from there.
Thanks for the compliment on the rug. It is very cosy indeed. Mark picked it out from Ikea, but is now regretting it
cuz' nice things + small child, DO NOT go hand in hand :(.

Colleen
After having done KPC recently, it just confirms my love for the Body Blast Series. All those workouts IMO, are as close to perfection as you can get. Cathe seems much more "happier, light, carefree" in her earlier w/o's. Maybe she did them before her kids came along ;). Just kidding of course! Kids are a bundle of joy I tell ya :rolleyes::p.
Jennifer from my other check-in, is getting DVD+downloads because she wants to be able to mix & match segments too. Have you considered that?

Sarah
Speaking of the 1 body part/day thing, remember when I was contemplating that? I decided to pass on it because, like you, I was not sure how to work around my DOMS. Ultimately, when you work any UB muscle, another muscle always gets involved. Chest especially (for me anyway).
I love the game you played! Where in the world in Sammy Dog sounded so cool! You were very creative for thinking of that :).

Have a good day ladies!

Last edited:
Hello Friends.
Last day on this thread.

Sarah. Walking a dog does that to your Tris. My biceps are huge from shoveling.

Colleen. It is a commitment to do just one instructor for more than 90 days. STS was a killer but I got used to the format and habit from it.

Marie. Love the pics of B on FB. Happy Anniversary!

Natty. BC is right near Washington. Have friends out there. Yes, move to warmer Canadian climate. Not going to miss the snow but will have to assimilate to the heat.

Update:
Move date has changed to April 8th direct flight from GRR to DFW early in the morning. Shipping clothes, food and misc FedEX but bikes, workout equipment, furniture on Mayflower. Car will be shipped seperately.
The heat comes in late June thru September.
Honestly, I feel like new energy/life is in me. Positive. I feel it's GOD's plan for me. A couple of days ago when there was an obstacle with rent, I had given up on hope to a new low. On MSN, article on the most depressed or hurting cities in the US. Detroit is the worst, then Chicagoland, Flint MI, some other ILL cities, then Warren MI. Not surprised. Feels like a dream even my trip last week when I got the flat one hour after I got my rental. Taking stuff to donate. packing will be my workout. Might do presale if I get a job right away in Texas. Plus, I will buy my long awaited IKEA bedroom and living room stuff. Frisco Texas has the Second largest IKEA store in the US.

Jen- My triceps are sore from the pull-ups I did on Tues. I'm am so excited for your move just not the moving part. Hopefully you have lots of friend and family to lend a hand.

Nat - I think I will have to bag the one body part a day too. I just don't see how it can work if you lift heavy. Nice things and kids don't go together, this is true. This is also true of pets. I love that commercial with the lady that just got the carpet and her dog scoots across it with its butt. My dog has been known to do this on occasion. Yuck! Oh AO, I get it.

Colleen- I knew you would cheat! I still like KPC better than Hard Strikes as well.

Marie - Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have fun together. Yippee for active recovery weeks. I loved those and they came at the perfect time mentally for me being able to talk myself through the last week of each meso. I could never just drink juice. I would be like thats 30 days of food I would miss out on. However not having to cook except for myself for 30 days would be awesome.

Todays WO was sprints on the TM. 1 minute of work, and 45 sec. of rest for 20 intervals. It really wiped me out because the treadmill is stuck about halfway on the incline. I got a nifty little app for free the beeped at me called Gymboss. You can set up however you want to do your intervals.
Tonights dinner is Jerk chicken courtesy of Nat!
Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.