We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

Up early at 4am. Disc 15 Back and Biceps this morning for me. OMG my poor forearms. Those gave out before my bi's and back. I also did Hiit 30/30. I feel like such an oinker. Tony and I ordered pizza last night. I felt so sick afterwards. I didn't even have that much but I think my body just rejects food like that. I still don't feel as clear as I usually do, even now at 2:30. Ugh! And I've been starving all day. I'm pretty sure I stretched my stomach last night and now I just can't seem to fill it. Ok enough complaining from me.

Onto Ultimate Yogi.....

Deep Discount.com has it for $87.81 with free shipping. OMG yay! I'm buying it....for real this time ;) I have been feeling so bad for spending the money on it but come on I used to spend 60 bucks a months on a gym memebership.

Thanks for all the compliments on B. He sure is a cutie isn't he?! ;) LOVE my boy! Miss him so bad right now. I'm at work until 3:30. Once again, charting done. Assessments complete. Meds passed. Patients are in group. Waiting for the clock.

Colleen- LOVE your new avatar! It's so true that you need a vacation from your vacation. I always like to take a day or 2 to chill out at home before heading back to work, but spending that extra day or 2 at the beach sounds even better. Sorry about your neck and shoulder...nothing worse than a bad bed. So I'm crazy and have not tried any of the XTrain workouts...only core 1 and 2. My friend, the one that I'm doing STS with (she LOVES it btw), is buying XTrain so we are going to do the 90 day rotation after we finish Meso 3 :) Excited!

Natty- Poor Bella babe! I can just picture the night you had last night...so sorry! You are such a good mama! I'm with you on that control freak thing. I don't think I will ever be able to leave B overnight with people. I guess I better get over it when he gets older as I'm sure he'll want to sleep over at friends' houses. I get nervous enough leaving him when I'm at work, not with Tony of course, but with others. Tony got home the other day and his dad was watching B. Anyways, he told me later that when B was napping his dad covered him with a blanket. OMG I flipped. Not sure if it was like this when Bella was a baby but there should be nothing loose in the crib. No stuffed animals. No blankets. Nothing! Until they are 6 months. I previously told his dad this information and apparently he wasn't listening. Not cool! Of course the chances that something would happen is slim to none but you never know.

Sarah- Mmmm that grapefruit and brown sugar recipe sounds good. I'll have to google it. I love Bobby Flay. I don't have TV now but when we used to live with Tony's brother I loved the food network. Rachael Ray is my favorite! I have done STS before. I never got to Meso 3 though. I found out I was pregnant right before I was going to start that Meso cycle and my dr said no heavy lifting. I am seeing great results so far. I just love it. I find Meso 2 boring though. I dislike the long breaks. I'm more of a high endurance lifting girl :)

Hi Jen :)

Colleen. Yes, you need a vacation from vacation. I understand about men. Driving a person crazy is what they do.

Sarah. When I first started watching The Food Network, Bobby Flay was my crush. Glad he can cook healthy. Time gets me too on working out.

Natty. Horrible you got zero hours sleep while being sick yourself. Hope Bella has a much better night tonight.

Using my phone to update today which explains individual shorter personals.

Update.
My interview went quite well although position is on call if I choose to stay in MI. The interviewer, customer of my former employer, was honest about my former supervisor. She said she's a sour puss translating to with facial expression,
she meant bit@#. I smiled and agreed. This lady affirmed my belief that she tells it like it is. We got along well and laughed.
Yep, Natty, Valentines is overrated.
Plan to shovel tomorrow after city plows my street.
Excited for trip!!

Sarah
Sorry you had a crappy sleep too last night :(.
GREAT w/o yesterday :eek:. I think I just HAVE TO get L&G! The Body Blast series is awesome. I agree, Cathe looks gorgeous in it, and her personalty just shines.
I have always loved Bobby Flay. I could watch tv cooking shows all day :eek:. I'm also a bit obsessed with Gordan Ramsay. I just adore his no-nonsense attitude. Oh, and his food looks incredible too ;). I'm a fan of Jamie Oliver and Michael Symon ;););).

Marie
OMG, what can I say? You are incredible. I'm speechless at how much you are able to fit into an entire day. I would have never got up at 4am when Bella was young to fit in a workout. All I wanted to do was sleep, sleep, sleep. You are inspirational my friend :).
All those "SIDS rules" were still the same when Bella was born. No toys, no blankets, no pillows, nothing in the crib. I put Bella in a Halo Sleep Slack. That was one of the best things I ever bought. I'm not sure if it has to do with being Italian, but my family thought all that stuff was total nonsense :rolleyes:. I know that first-time parents are paranoid about every little thing, but still better to be safe. I was just waiting for them to tell me that car seats were useless too :rolleyes:.

Jen
Stay safe in the snow!
I'm glad the interview went well :).
Valentines is just another holiday made up by Hallmark. IMO there is no meaning behind it. Just another way for the retailers to rake-in the $$. I mean, how you gonna make money after Christmas and before Easter? Well of course it has to be Valentines Day! I think it's cute when the kids bring Valentines to school though.

Last edited:
Nat- I LOVE Gordon Ramsey too. "Oh Piss Off" My hubby does a great impression. I did 5 really big miles with my mom today. I liked it. It was a bit boring but actually better than I thought and it was perfect for today. I am finding out with different moods, and different energy levels on days that I have room in my life for so many exercise tapes. Including Ultimate Yogi, I hope.

I used to not like Bobby Flay, I felt like he was a bit arragant. But I went to Mesa Grill when we were down in LV and it was delicious. I also started watching Showdown years ago and his personality came through a bit more to me. My love before that was Tyler Florence, I had dreams about that man.

Sarah

Never got into Ramsey or Tyler Florence either. I liked that guy from Canada though. He's on Cooking Channel.
Mario Batelli has a home in northern MI and Giada DiLaurentis hubby is from Metro Detroit.
Alton Brown is one of my faves since Feasting on Asphalt. Bunch of guys rode motorcycles on secondary roads from New Orleans to western Lake Superior/MN.

Up at again at 4am. I think it may be catching up to me. I'm soooo tired and my coffee didn't work this morning. I did Low Max. Hope to get some nice leg and butt DOMS tomorrow :)

At work until 3:30 again. Slooooow day. We have a pretty chill group of patients right now. Good for some reasons, but makes for a long shift. I'm more into people getting crazy. I love the excitement of injections, restraints and codes!

No plans for tonight. Looking forward to a relaxing night at home with my boys :)

Jen- Glad your interview went well. Sounds like things are moving forward in a good way.

Natty- Thanks so much for the compliments. You are so sweet!

Hi Colleen and Sarah :)

Hey girls! I meant to get one of the UY Short and Sweet workouts in today but I wasted too much time in the morning and it didn't happen. I was SO sleepy this morning! I'm hoping to get it in after work. We shall see....;)

Marie- I think you are going to totally love Ultimate Yogi! The practices are long, like I said, but they feel sooo good. :) Suprisingly I really liked Yin Yoga which is the one where he has you hold particular poses for 3-5 minutes. I thought I would hate it, but I felt so completely relaxed when I was done and slept like a baby that night! :eek:

I've been so rocky with my diet since Christmas. :eek: I was starting to get good again in January than of course all the buffets at the resort nixed my momentum. :p Pizza and all that junk is convenient to eat with a crowd and since my sister is likely coming over that may very well be our dinner tonight. :rolleyes: I don't know how those fitness competitors and body builders with kids and such stay so strict with their diets! I just do the best I can and try to follow that old 80/20 rule...although lately it's been more like 70/30 on my best days. :eek:

Natty- I'm so sorry about the sleep nightmare with Bella the other night. I feel ya on the mess in the bed. :( Throw up, wetting the bed...all the lovely things we get to clean up after. :rolleyes: BTW, everything is a go with that girl on VF so hopefully you'll get your B&G within the next few weeks if she mails it on Tuesday.

Darn it...gotta cut personals short. Just got a file! TTYL!

Colleen- 3-5 min?! Wow that's crazy but sounds interesting. I'm excited to try it. I want to buy it right now but I'm still at work and don't want to enter my CC# on any computer but my own.

I as well try to follow the 80/20 rule but these last few days it's been bad! Today has been good so far. I ate the salad I brought for lunch even though I was craving something not-so-good. Gotta keep focused. I always feel so much better when I eat healthy. The first few days after a bad stretch is rough though.

I thought of you the other day when my eye was irritating me. It happened after I took my contacts out and I was convinced I scratched it. I couldn't keep it open it for very long and it was all watery and itchy. I went to the eye dr and apparently I just irritated it. It was so annoying and took a few good days to go away. The dr gave me some gel drops to put in it and that helped.

Hope your work days goes quickly. Hour and a half left for me.

Last night I walked the dog about 2.5 miles. Todays WO was Hiit 30/30, Burn sets Biceps, 100 rep challenge lateral raise 3lbs., 100 rep scarcrows 2lbs, core #1. I was suppose to do back and shoulders but I just couldn't. Thats why I choose the 100 rep challenges plus I threw in 3 sets of chin-ups/pullups.

Nat - I hope your sleeping soundly and Bella is doing better too.

Marie - I just couldn't get up at 4. I'm not a morning person. That takes so much drive yoy shold be proud and know your a Bada** for that. Enjoy your time with your boys, you have earned it.

Colleen - I hope you got your Yoga in. I hate when time just gets away from me like that. It happens often because I am flighty.

Jen - Don't kill yourself off trying to shovel all that snow. Do you have a count down paper chain for TX? Do you remember those from grade school?

Sarah

He LOVES his Johnny Jump Up!

OMG so obsessed with this lil man I can hardly stand it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi everyone :)

Thanks for the get well wishes ladies :).

Thank goodness no fever for me today! Mark has been working crazy O/T hours at the airport cuz' of the snow storm. I think I told you guys that Toronto's airport is on of the only airports in the world that never closes. In lieu of the storm, a lot of flights are getting re-directed to Toronto, which makes for an extremely busy portal. I begged Mark last night to get up with Bella in the middle of the night and give her medicine. I just could not take one more sleepless night. I've been averaging 2-3hrs for the past week or so and I feel like a wreck. I'm thinking tomorrow I can start back up with Cathe, but do something light. I was thinking Basic Step he he :D. I have decided to change my rotation for the next month. So when I'm better, here is what I want to do:

D1-PLB
D2-PUB + 100RC's
D3-cardio
D4-cardio
D5-XT Super Cuts
D6- Yoga
D7- TB weight work (High Reps, STS TB, Turbo Barre, ect) + 100RC's

Colleen
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Love your new Avatar btw! Did the kids love Cancun?

Sarah
The way you feel about Tyler Florence, I feel about Michale Symon. I have no idea what it is about that man :eek:. Ohhh, me likey ;).
WOW incredible w/o yesterday :eek::eek:.

Marie
I laughed at how you thrive on your patients being crazy and such :D. At one drugstore location I used to work at, the area was really "ghetto". Everyday people would steal -- and I mean STEAL. Not like 1 chocolate bar. Like several $$$$ of OTC's: Advil, Tylenol, Reactine. I even think one employee who worked as a pharmacy tech was stealing NARCOTICS and selling them on the side! Anyway, ya we got some pretty crazy people coming in/out of that location. I worked there for 7yrs and could not wait to get the hell out and move to another store!

Have a good day ladies :)

Last edited:
Hello Friends.

Sunday, again. Snow has stopped and now the rain is coming then ice.

Natty. Your workouts are ambitious for next month but I'm sure you'll get them done. Basic Step, you could do that in your sleep. Hope you get consistant sleep. Hope you and Bella are feeling better. the cold weather today helps me.

Colleen. Busy to get ready to be busier? Post vacations are work at home and at work.
Hope you have a great week. Never been to Cancun.

Sarah. Have you been to San Francisco to visit Tyler Florence's restaurant? I hear it's in the Mission District. A good friend of mine sells real estate and he knows where everyone lives. Maybe, take a vaca there and check it out. I hear he loves some CA salad in some mall there. Apparently, I watch Food Network way too much.

Marie. B is a doll. He loves his new toy. Do you notice changes daily or weekly? I used to take care of newborns to crawlers in the nursery and I saw changes when I volunteered bi-weekly.

9 days till the big trip. Excited. A former classmate of mine from Detroit area lives there. A good friend of his works for one of Warren Buffet's companies. Mr. Buffet pays well with great benes but you do work for it. Apparently, he has alot of investments in TX. Hoping for a snack on the plane on the trip down. But, plan to catnap down. Business flight. The only jobs in MI are collection for me lately.
Appreciated my interview Friday with the customer of my former employer. She was always quite bold and admitted it. I was stunned by her honesty about her former employer. We got along great. Honestly, her viewpoint about my former direct supervisor was spot-on, I had to agree or I would be a liar. For me, it was affirmation to know that customers felt the same twinge as I did. Time to move on. Hoping to be grateful for my unemployment that has allowed me to grow when things change.

Okay I dun did a stupid thing. I went on a walk jog with my daughters and their friend last night and was heading over to a pump track for bikes to run on it (because its like being on a survivor obstacle course) and rolled my ankle super bad (heard it pop). I even said the F word in front of my daughter. I walked through it and continued on for another 2 miles and when I got home my ankle was all swollen. Oy Vay just when I start getting strong I run into an obstacle.

Only Doms in my bis today. I guess I needed to go up in weights for the 100 rep challenges. Or are they not enough on their own?

Sarah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.