We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

Happy Friday to me! So excited to be off and spend time with my B the next 2 days.

I did AB and Core 2 this morning.

Half hour of work left. Today was crazy...LOVE it :) 2 injections given. Out of control patients trying to hit and kick staff. 2 little old ladies....maybe 100 lbs. They can get feisty!

Natty- LOVE your comment about B. I can just hear it :) Your rotation looks real good. Hope you are able to get healthy and start it soon. Basic Step sounds like a good easy workout to start with though.

Jen- Excited for your trip! It will be here in no time.

Sarah- Your poor ankle. OMG it's huge. Hope it gets better soon. Ice baby ice. 20 minutes on. 20 minutes off.

Sarah. Hope you're feeling better and have a chance to ice down your ankle.

Marie. Enjoy your weekend/time off with B. Old ladies can be worse than kids.

Colleen. Hope life is going well.

Natty. Did you get some rest last night? Freezing rain and now snow.

Myself. My former college roommate/lifetime friend is driving me crazy on FB. It all started with HR Block. She talked me into it, promising me great money to work there and be off of unemployment. Wrong. Paying for a job never makes sense. Then, she gave me a hard time since I was calling for updates on my dream job but I was right cause I listened to my intuition. A few weeks ago, she pmed me on FB and asked questions about my trip. I answered but no details. Today, she made come flip comment that "if you're thinking DFW will be your home, I suggest that...." on FB. WTF? Really. That'll be the last of my worries and I don't plan on barhopping. She's been supportive but she cannot fix my life cause she's tried.
8 more days!! I will miss my babies when I'm gone. Looking forward to a new beginning.

Yesterday, due to the talk about Butts and Guts, I opted to do it. :p I did the standing portion of B&G and then Sylwia (tonique) Born to Move workout 1.2. I thought for sure I'd have crazy DOMS today but they are pretty mild. It's getting harder and harder to challenge my lower body these days! :eek:

-Holy Toledo, your ankle Sarah! You guys aren't going to believe this, but Lydia sprained her ankle on Saturday night too! The kids were back in my bedroom playing on my jumpsport trampoline while the adults were watching a movie in the living room (they were supposed to be watching a movie, too!). She jumped off the trampoline and hurt her ankle. All of a sudden we heard this yelp from our bedroom. I took her in on Sunday and thankfully it wasn't fractured or anything but it's pretty swollen and definitely sprained. Poor kiddo. :( How's your ankle doing today?

Natty- Great workout ideas! Did you catch up on your sleep these past few days? Did you watch Walking Dead last night? :eek: I'll wait to comment until I know for sure you've seen it!

Jen-I'm so sorry your friend isn't being supportive. I tell ya, the past year has had some unexpected shifts in some of my friendships and even family relationships. Bonds are being broken and shifted in ways that I never thought would happen. It's so hard when people change and take different paths, especially at this stage in our lives when it's all that much harder to make new friends. :( Just always stay true to yourself, and everything will be fine. :)

Marie- How are you enjoying STS this time around? Are you starting to see new definition and strength? I hope you like Meso 3. I don't know if you remember but I bailed on the upper body workouts after two weeks. :eek: I like lifting and I enjoyed Meso 1 and 2 alot...but something about Meso 3 created huge dread for me. :eek: Enjoy your days off with B! :D

Better run. TTYL girls!

ETA: Natty- Regarding the facebook pic I posted...did you notice what the little eyeballs on Dylan's t-shirt actually looked like? HEE! :eek: :p When he showed it to me, I just sort of stood there in silent shock like "uuuhhhhh". lol

Last edited:
Yesterday was rest day and ice. Todays was Burn set back, core #2, and ride. Yes, I did ride. Yes, my ankle is still swollen. Yes, my hubby is going to be pissed at me when he gets home. HEEE HEE, if he finds out.

Marie _ B is so cute in his Johnny Jump Up. Brings back so good memories. Your just so in love. I have to admit you are giving me baby fever, and making me miss that part of my life. It's a good thing I got fixed. I had 2 of those suckers, my daughters really liked them and I thought it would be more fun if they could see each other while they were in it. I hope you are having a great day off with B.

Colleen- I hope Lydia ankle is doing better. I can't imagine being a kid and not being able to do "kid things". It would make me sad I think.

Jen - You have been through so much. I just can't some people can't support your decisions. Maybe she thought she was being funny??? I don't know. I'm grasping trying to think why a friend would be like that.

Nat - I like the looks of your rotation. I might have to join you but I'm trying to stay focused on the one body part a day. I hope things got back to normal like you were counting on. Michael Symon has a great sense of humor. I love a man with a good sense of humor.

Sarah

Super quick post...

I am feeling very distraught today. I might have to put my cat down :(. We took him to the vet today and he might either be dying (worst case) or have hyperthyroidism (best case) which can be easily treated with medicine. The blood tests come back tomorrow, and we will make our decision on what route to take. I love that little guy so much :(. My heart is broken.

Sarah
Sorry about the ankle :(. I had a sprained ankle in my early 20's and it took months to heal. Hopefully you recover very quickly.

Colleen
Sorry to hear about Lydia's ankle :(. How coincidental :confused:.

Jen
Sorry to hear about your friend on FB. Sometimes it's best to cut off ties with certain people in your life.

Marie

Have a wonderful 2 days with Tony and B :).

My workout today was a 45min walk outside while Mark watched Bella. I was crying and my eyes were swollen, but I needed to get out and clear my mind.

Natty. Hope the news is good tomorrow. Its hard to put down a pet child. I miss my babies who are gone. Sending hugs.

Sarah. Spinning with your ankle? Did you do the jumping part? How are you feeling today? Can see swelling for sure.

Colleen. Love B & G. Hope Lydia's ankle is healing.

Marie. Update please more pics of B. Thanks.

Update:
Less than one week till my trip. A friend of mine encouraged me not to have such a stiff schedule for Wednesday while I'm there (next week) but I need to see at least one condo and visit one employer.
Yes, my friend was "funning" me publically the other day so I rode with it. Normally, it's a private message on FB or an email. When this person was out of work, the economy was much different. Yep, I bummed I didn't do great things with my degrees but it might help me with TX with my experience to get my foot in the door.
Coloured my hair, stopped my mail, and will start packing this week. I have a list.
Pray for safe trip there and back plus hotel stay. Thanks.

Today I did Horizontal Conditioning: August Hardcore. This one is sort of like her Bootcamp one where she has you do one minute intervals alternating between plyometric moves and horizontal moves. The difference with this one is she uses a stability ball for all the horizontal moves...not my strong suit! :eek: It was my first time trying this one and I fizzled out early on many of the intervals. Something to work up to, though! :eek:

Lydia's ankle is getting better...she seems to be limping less. I just really hope she doesn't get all crazy and reinjure it again. :(

Sarah- how is your ankle doing? That swelling just made me cringe and my eyes even watered a little just imagining how painful that was for you! :(

Natty- I hope you got some good news about your beloved cat. We had to put mine down a few years ago and it was heart breaking. He was such a special cat and it was amazing what he put up with from the kids. We have another one now and he is great, but just not the same as Angel.

Hi Marie and Jen!

Gotta run! Have a great one ladies!

Nat- I'm so sorry about your kitty. I was anticipating a update all day today and no news is probably bad news, in this case anyway. I had to put down Tristan's and my first dog. It was the hardest thing I had ever done at that point.

Workout today was X-train Legs standing, barre, and part of floor.
I will be walking tonight. Swelling is going down. Woohoo.

Sarah

Hi everyone,

Well, we got good news and bad news from the vet. Good news is that the blood work came back ok. We are treating him with Hyperthyroid medicine and should start to see an improvement witihin 1 week. He has to be on this medicine for the rest of his life. The vet gave us some pills to start out with until their order of gel comes in (you put it on the hairless area in the ear). This is easier than giving pills to a cat. Mark is working today, so Bella and I are going to walk over and get the gel. It will be about 3 miles, so that will be some nice exercise. Bad news is that he could still have kidney failure, in which the medicine won't work and he will get progressively worse. The thing is he is 15yrs old now. He might live for a few more years, but realistically he is sick and old. I'm not sure if he will be able to bounce back from this. It pains me to see him suffer. He is such a sweet boy too :(. He has never hissed at anyone (not even Bella when she was a bit rough). He is super affectionate and very loving. Unlike my girl cat :rolleyes:.

Yesterday I decided to do Low Max. All 70min on an 8inch step. I felt good, just a little tired. I wanted too quit a few times, but the music kept me going.

Colleen
I'm glad Lydia is getting better :).
Sorry to hear about your cat also :(. Some animals have the sweetest souls, and just have that special place in our heart.

Sarah
How is your ankle? Glad to see the swelling is going down.
I'm sorry to hear about your first dog that you had to put down. I've been crying uncontrollably for days now :(. This IS really tough.

Jen
I'm sorry about your cats who passed.
Count-down to TX begins. I'm so excited for you! I heard their food is massive in portions in restaurants. Is this true?

Have a good day everyone :)

Natty. Great job on LM. Love it! Thanks about my babies. Suki-Oki, Sammy, and Adrian. All cats. Dogs were Carmen, Max, Fred and Rhoda. My nephews names are Max and Sammy.

Colleen. Glad Lydia is doing better. Have you recovered from post-vacation?

Sarah. How's your ankle?

Marie. Enjoying your Saturday?

Texas countdown is 5 days 14 hours. Have faith on good trip and good outcomes.

15 years is definantly getting up there for a cat, none the less, its hard to let go.
My crying was uncontrolable too.

Ankle is getting better S L O W L Y. I'm getting impatient. So I've had a sick kid everyday this week and today it was 2. My son was sicker last night than any of my kids have ever been before. Vomit out the mouth and the other out the other end. He was crying and kicking and even vomitted in his sleep. It was a miserable sleepness night. So no workout for me today. Probably for the best with my ankle. The problem is I have been eating a ton.

Jen - Are you going to start having sleepness nights anticipating TX?

Marie - Back to the grind again? I hope you had a great weekend.

Sarah

So technically it's Valentines day :) I'm up late today. I got a latte on my lunch break and forgot to order decaf. I realized about halfway through and thought oh heck I'll just finish it. Now I'm wired and can't sleep. Oh well! Tony is a night owl so he loves when I stay up late. Anyways, I opened my V Day present and he got me Swarovski crystal earrings. They are so pretty! Just love them :) Love my DH!

B is doing good. We had his 4 month appt yesterday. He weighs 14lbs 1oz.....38%. His length is 60% and his head is...wait for it....96%!!!! Long, lean and big brains ;) He is doing well, very healthy! He got shots again...poor little man. He was fine yesterday but today I think he was hurting. Either that or it was separation anxiety, or a little bit of both. My friend watched him while I was at work. B just loves her but was a bit upset today. She gave him Tylenol and that seemed to help a bit.

Tony and I are both off the next 2 days so we are very excited to hang out as a family :)

Natty- So sorry to hear about your cat. I pray the medicine helps. Pets are family too. So hard to see them suffer!

Colleen- Glad Lydia's ankle is getting better. Nice job on your workouts! I am seeing some gains for sure. Love it! I'm so bored with Meso 2 though. I'm not a fan of the long breaks. I'm afraid that Meso 3 will be even worse but I'm determined to finish it. Next up will be XTrain :)

Sarah- Glad to hear the swelling is going down. That picture was crazy! Hope your kids feel better soon! Baby fever?! I gave that to my girlfriend too haha! I want another baby already. I miss being pregnant!

Jen- The countdown is on! Sorry to hear about your friend. It's hard when people are not supportive. You are doing what's right for you and that's all that matters.

Facebook! I'm on it.....who isn't lol....I want to be friends with you guys. My last name is Verdeja. Find me on Cathe's site. I'll try and find you guys too :)

Marie. B is adorable. Love those pics. Growing up too fast.

Someone from my alma mater Texas campus on Linked In asked me if I'm a Cathe fan. It's TexasLaura. She figured out the JT.

Happy Valentines Day :)

Today I woke up and saw that Mark had left me a card before heading out to work. How sweet :).

Yesterday Bella and I took a walk to Tim Horton's but she was just not in the mood. It was a beautiful, warm day, so I had to take advantage of it. I think her illness is still lingering :(.

When Bella went to bed yesterday evening, I mustered up all my energy and did PUB. I wanted to lie down on the couch and watch tv, but I didn't. It went better than I expected :). I think I needed the stress release.

Marie
I have a pretty big collection of Swarovski figurines :). I just love em' :).
LOVE the pics of B :). You must get stopped when you are out in public with people oohh & ahhing ever him :).
You know what, I am not a fan of those percentiles :mad:. They do not take into consideration a little something called "heredity". Mark and I were both very skinny toddler's, so it would be very natural for Bella to follow suit. At around 2, the doctor was concerned because she measured like 2% for her weight. I kept telling her that she is very active and I doubt she eats more calories than she burns :rolleyes:. I also told her that Mark and I were both very slim. Anyhoo, she kept pissing me off with the damn percentile! Look mrs, we don't live in Africa here. My daughter is not starving herself :mad:. OTOH, I can see why the % would be helpful, but please don't freak out if B measures small/large in either category passing his 1st birthday. He is perfect and no chart is gonna say otherwise!

Sarah
Sprained ankles are no joke! I was in my early 20's (so a spring chicken ;)) and it took me months to heal! Please be patient and you'll be 100% in no time :).
I'm sorry to hear about Tristan :(. Poor little guy! This flu is definitely a very strong strain this time of year. Hope you guys catch up on some much needed rest.

Jen
I like TexasLaura! She is a super nice lady! Do you remember Natalie (nhansen)? She helped you out some time ago with TX. I wonder where she has been.

Colleen
Hope Lydia is doing well :).

Marie- I just sent you a friend request! :D Sarah- are you on facebook too?

Yesterday I did drills 1-5 of Drill Max. I sort of wish I had saved it for a day when I had the time to do all of it because for some reason I walked away a little dissatisfied. :confused: Today I'm planning on some delicious Ultimate Yogi. Can't wait for that bliss! :eek: I love my endorphin rush but I'm really starting to appreciate the blissful feeling I get after yoga now, too. It's a very different kind of high, but still addictive! :)

Gotta cut this short and get the kids ready for school. Happy Valentines day everybody!!

My little boy is gone :(. I am devastated. He was suffering though and I could not bare to see him like that. At least now, he is in peace.

Have a good day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.