Your Love of Peanut Butter -- ADVICE!

Meecher

Cathlete
Hi Cathe.

I seem to remember that you're a peanut butter fan. Me too! My question is twofold:

(a) (this one is just for my curiosity) Do you indulge in natural/organic or traditional (like Skippy)? Crunchy or creamy?

(b) How much is too much? I will bring a bag 'o celery to work with me and munch on celery/PB while at my desk. Problem is, I've been known to polish off a small jar in a week! This has GOT to be a no-no. What is your peanut butter advice?

Thanks in advance! :) Michelle

Very Cute!!! ;) Can't wait to hear Cathe's Peanut Butter advice!!!

I too am a lover of the peanut butter. I usually buy natural - either Skippy (craemy or crunchy, makes no difference) or Smuckers natuarl with honey (lower sodium). I could easily sit & eat an entire jar in a sitting but hold off by using the trusty measuring spoon!! ;)

Not Cathe, but had to butt in after I saw this was all about peanut butter (mmm!) *hee*. If I may, I'd like to recommend Trader Joe's Organic Creamy Peanut Butter. Oh my Lord in heaven! It is all natural (no sugar or preservatives, just roasted peanuts , and they even have a no salt added version) and IT IS DELICIOUS. There's something in the kind of peanuts they use--they're naturally sweet, so you don't even notice that there's no sugar. There's an intense roasted peanut aroma and flavor that reminds me so much of Jiffy, but IMHO it tastes 1000x better.

I've turned on so many family and friends onto this PB--I swear I should be hired to do their commercial or something because I am so in love with it and keep spreading the word LOL.

I love the peanut butter

(Not Cathe either) I try to keep it to less than a 1/4 cup lol! I use the natural kind that separates and I stir it with a spoon (to avoid hydrogenated oils.)

A small jar in a WEEK? You are such a lightweight! LOL! I am addicted to White Chocolate Wonderful PB (by Peanut Butter & Co.). I can down a small jar in one sitting! :eek:

One serving is two tablespoons. That barely wets the whistle as far as I'm concerned........;)

I've been breakfasting on apples and peanut butter all week. :) I should say, peanut butter with apples. ;) I enjoy the MaraNatha peanut butter and the Trader Joe's PB. YUM I love the http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/ too but I HAD to stop with the chocolate one! Yummm...

I use Krema all natural. You have to stir it up (a pain) and keep it in the fridge but when I know I'm going to fix a sammich for lunch I'll set it out for a bit to get it close to room temp. If I forget I'll put what I know I'll use in a saucer and microwave for a few seconds to make it spreadable.

I have a portion control problem w/ PB! One of the major PB brands has little cups that are STILL too much (~4 tbsp) but still vastly less than I would eat if I were dishing out of the jar.

OHHHH, you're all making me crave peanut butter, but it's too late to eat it now. I can't wait until tomorrow morning. Yummmmm:eek:

Peanut Butter

I try to eat a small meal every three hours, a protein and a carb. PB is actually a really good protein and if you eat one small serving every day it probably would do more good than harm.

I saw someplace a Tbsp is supposed to be the size of a big marshmallow. Huh; yeah right when it comes to peanut butter!! :p

Mmmmm! I love PB! I buy the natural kind that you have to stir and keep in the fridge as well. I love it on toast, with carrots, with apple (that's the only way i can make the apples appetizing!), by itself on a spoon...the list goes on. I try and portion control and keep it to only a couple of spoonfuls. Yummy!

Oh, this is so the thread for me!!! I am addicted to peanut butter and have it almost every day for dinner. I I usually have 1-2 tbsp on toast or a spoon. I eat Jiffy extra crunchy. I tried the natural kind from Whole Foods, but couldn't really get into it. I think I may try the Trader Joe variety. So glad this thread was started:D

I simply have to say "NO" to the PB, seriously, I cannot stop "dipping" once I have a jar in the house, its too addictive! And I do not discriminate, I love 'em all!

Lauramax, ever tried the PB with raisins from the same company? OMG!!!

Wow! I can't believe there are so many PB addicts. I have a hard time with it too. I try to limit it before I go to bed. I put 2 tsp on top of a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. (so awesome) I, too, don't discriminate. All nuts and nut butters. I could eat them all day, but not too good for the waist line, in the amount I would like to eat.
chrissy

when not really caring about what I put in my mouth, I have been know to spread it on warm chocolate chip cookies or even warm cake!!!

Anybody try PB2? It is available on the East Coast primarily or by website (www.bellplantation.com) and is a powdered peanut butter. It does have powdered sugar and salt added to the peanuts to make it taste more like regular peanut butter... but it is so low in calories that you can boost your protein levels without the consequences. I don't like it reconstituted (which they say you can do), but I love it mixed into things - smoothies, dressings, ice cream, and some people even mix it into cool whip light and put into a chocolate graham cracker crust for a PB pie... Honestly I love the stuff. And it makes the PB affliction not such a bad thing. LOL

I grind my PB at Whole Foods. There is nothing added, just a machine full of peanuts that grinds as much as you want to purchase. You can also grind up almond butter or peanut butter with chocolate, and lastly cashew butter.

Monica

Peanut Butter Love Affair

Hi Cathe.

I seem to remember that you're a peanut butter fan. Me too! My question is twofold:

(a) (this one is just for my curiosity) Do you indulge in natural/organic or traditional (like Skippy)? Crunchy or creamy?

(b) How much is too much? I will bring a bag 'o celery to work with me and munch on celery/PB while at my desk. Problem is, I've been known to polish off a small jar in a week! This has GOT to be a no-no. What is your peanut butter advice?

Thanks in advance! :) Michelle

Yes, I do love my PB. I eat all kinds of PB. Organic, Skippy, and whatever other kind is out there. My friend once made me some (crunchy chopped peanuts mixed with cinnamon) and I also got a variety of flavors from the Peanut Butter company which were fun and interesting (but, I tried the Strawberry Fluff and that didn't work for me...a bit Pepto Mismally :confused: ).

How much is too much? Well, I guess that varies for everyone. It is fattening and if I ate anything else with that fat content the way I slam down my PB, I would gain weight. But for some reason, I don't gain weight from my PB fix. Oh and yes, put it on celery, apple slices, rice cakes, ice cream :eek:, it's all good :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.