Your First Big Rock Concert?

Oh boy....the memories.

My first concert was the Grateful Dead at the Philadelphia Spectrum in 1977.

My second concert was Billy Joel at the Philly Spectrum in 1978.

My third concert was Willie Nelson at the Philly Spectrum in 1982.

As you can tell, I have rather eclectic taste in music..LOL Of the 3, Billy Joel was the best. We had awful seats around the back side of the stage but I had the most wonderful view of Billy's hands on the keyboard. I'm also a piano player and I was amazed at his talent. He barely even looked down. It was awesome.

lucky you got to see the doors(yeah i am mumbling with jealousy) but my first concert ever what danzig/metallica/sudical tendices. i believe that was 1994. then that summer i went to lollapoolza, i can't even remember all who played that summer.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Styx in 1980 at the Colliseum in Madison, WI!
:)
I've heard Dennis DeYoung on the radio recently and he still sounds great.

Sue

It was 1974 or 1975 (ya know what they always say - if you were really there you can't remember). It was in Pittsburg, PA at Three Rivers Stadium. It was BTO, Foghat, Edgar Winter, and several other bands. I have gone to a lot since than. The list is fairly long because I love music. I took my DD and my nephew to SARS stock to see ACDC, Rollings Stone, Guess Who, Rush, etc. a few years ago. We made a vacation of it. It was great.

Jo

I have to win the Lame Award.

Hall & Oates in the late 70's in Peoria. Yeah, please don't spread that around. x(

I've seen John Cougar/Mellencamp about 3 times (since I went to school in Indiana). I saw Van Halen and Creed and I even saw Britney Spears (THAT was for the kids!!). I saw Indigo Girls last year (that was....interesting). But my FAVORITE concert was Linkin Park in January 2004. It was a Christmas present from a very good friend.

Great thread....great memories!

Angie

OMG, I am loving this, I can't believe the variety and gems of concerts that some of us have been to!!!! Janis Joplin, the Doors and Jefferson Airplane all mentioned I am in awe!!:)

Jojocpa that's awesome that you came up to Toronto for the SARS event, very cool!!!

Musclemaiden, my sister saw Frampton during that tour and it was like a life changing event for her, I wish I had a nickle for everytime we listened to 'Frampton Comes Alive':)

There's so many bands that have been mentioned that I would love to see, thanks everyone, keep 'em coming!!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

OK, fine, I'll humiliate (AND date) myself! How about:

Shaun Cassidy when I was around 14??!!!

And I saw Hall and Oates around 1983...my friend was obsessed with them, and she had won backstage passes. So, Darryl Hall touched my shoulder! (My friend is over them now, but it still makes us smile!)

Allison

OMG!!!! You guys! Allison I was in freaking love with Shaun Cassidy!
And Angie~ Hall and Oats had really good music in their day. I still listen to them when they come on the radio.
When I got a little older it was Rick Springfield! Never saw him but I would've loved to!:7

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Styx in 1978 in Charlotte, NC. I love Hall and Oats too. Also Queen, Boston, Steve Miller Band, Bob Seger.. wow... I've got to get some of that old music.

Styx in 1978 in Charlotte, NC. I love Hall and Oats too. Also Queen, Boston, Steve Miller Band, Bob Seger.. wow... I've got to get some of that old music.

I used to baby sit for the promotion director of 98 KUPD (radio station) and she used to get me concert tickets as payment for babysitting. In 1985 (or was it 86?) I went to my first concert which was Great White opening up for Whitesnake at Compton and Terrace. Loved it!!!!!!!

dani53: I remember something called Day on the Greean at Compton and Terrace in Arizona in the late 80's. But if I remember right it was all local bands ,about 12-15 , playing all day. That day I was too innebriated to remember anything about.

Okay...please don't fall of your chairs laughing...my first concert...Sly and The Family Stone...don't even remember the year. 1973?? The first time I smelled pot though...:)...I did see the Beach Boys in 1976 at the Coliseum, LA. I also saw Linda Ronstadt not long after Sly and Toto when I was in college about 1979. I even saw Eddie Money where I live now in about the mid 80's.

Nancy...I would have loved to see the Doors!!

Carol...I am so jealous as I never saw Aerosmith in High School. tell me...did they sing "Big 10 Inch"?...:)

Robin..ELP??? I love them...:)

Kali...Queensrhyce is one of my favs..

Elaine...OMG Three Dog Night...I think I still have their album...

Tracy...yep..I do remember Frampton...:)

Angie...I like Hall & Oates..but I am so jealous you got to see Linkin Park...

Jane...Boston is my ALLTIME fav...I think I have all their CD's...

Great thread Laurie...:)...Carole

Bad Company in 9th grade (1977) at Madison Square Garden. My friends and I took the bus by ourselves from NJ. I don't know if I'd let my kids do that now...

Hey Heather, the one I went to was in the Bay Area. Super huge and great line up....I just don't know if they are still doing it anymore. I think it was a Bill Graham sort of promotion and I don't even know if that is still up and running.

I am so jealous of some of you! I would have loved to see Creed! Also any of the classic rock bands mentioned.

I will say that I am a still a big Stevie Nicks fan, and Fleetwood Mac of course ;) I have seen them numerous times and spent one summer following Stevie around to all her NorCal and Reno concerts. My sister and I were full on dorks all dressed up in top hats, platform boots and capes! How funny is that?! What memories...

I have been to many more, but most recently I got to see Jack Johnson and he was woooonderful!

Do you know I have NEVER been to a concert? I don't know why, it just seems like such an unappealing activity to me. Now, maybe, if CATHE gave a concert.... :p :p

Nancy, the Doors??? Ok, that would be one concert I would DEFINITELY go to! In high school, we thought Jim Morrison represented the second coming!

Marie

Carole, what's so funny about Sly & the Family Stone? We loved them when we were young. They were a fabulous group. Shaun Cassidy is funny. Sly? No way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.