Your "dread factor" workout

mini-natty

Cathlete
Everyone has at least one workout that they dread doing (or did) but continue to do for the challenge, health benefit, fitness gain, ect.

Mine was Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength. If you have never done this one, you should try it at least once. Extremely challenging, burning tons of calories, with the main focus being weight training (light weight, high reps) with cardio bursts in between (squat thrusts with weights, squat jumps with weights, side planks with weights & push-ups :eek:). Before I found Cathe, I was torturing myself with this one 1-2X/week. I hated it. No fun factor. The crew really annoyed me with their melodramatic faces. It was just too excruciatingly painful. Now, it's collecting dust on my shelf. I refuse to let that DVD into my player.

With Cathe, I love all her workouts that I have collected, but the Hiit's do have a certain dread factor for me (especially 40/20). I love how you can knock out a fantastic workout in under 30min, but I have to really psych myself up to put 100% into it. I will continue to do them, reap the benefits from Hiit training, but I won't ever consider them to be my "fun" workouts.

Oh that's so funny...the HiiTs are my favorites, especially the double wave pyramid...I love it! I think they're so much fun and I get such a great workout in such a short time.

My most dreaded workout that I do solely for the cardio benefit is Amy Dixon's Breathless Body. It's boring, but effective. This is also the only non-Cathe workout I do other than spinning class.. I don't do it often, ecause I worry about injuring myself...something about the repetitiveness of it just bothers me. Even so, it's a cardio wonder.

I will no longer do workouts I dread because I have so many that I enjoy doing. :D
I have one of Bob Harper's, but I can't remember which one. I know it's challenging, but I would rather do Jari or Cathe circuit style workouts instead.

I actually hate working my back. I don't know why, but when I do splits the back exercises are my least favorite. I LOVE working my legs and glutes. :)

Fit44 I totally agree I will no longer do workouts I dread. Working out should always be a challenge but like recess at school or you won't come back....

Having said that I have to say Insanity had to have the worse dread factor I have ever experienced, though I finished that rotation I'll never do it again or recommend it to anyone....that is one workout I couldn't wait to get rid of...Leigh

P57s - almost any of them. I am more interested in whether I can get through them without stopping (have not made it yet) than whether I enjoy them.

Fit44 I totally agree I will no longer do workouts I dread. Working out should always be a challenge but like recess at school or you won't come back....

Having said that I have to say Insanity had to have the worse dread factor I have ever experienced, though I finished that rotation I'll never do it again or recommend it to anyone....that is one workout I couldn't wait to get rid of...Leigh

I can't see anyone LIKING Insanity. I mean Shaun T, he is a sight for sore eyes, but I am sure you started to hate his guts after you were done with the program. Did you at least get the t-shirt?

Bob Harper Caridio Conditioning; It's just so darned long-some folks may like 1 hour cardio workouts, but I simply hate them-I'll go running instead.

The Insanity workouts also have that dread factor, but at least most of them are less than 55 minutes. I also find myself screaming "I hate you Shawn T" at least once in the workout (helps me get through the push ups :eek: ).

I hate to say it, but since I have been recovering from my serious injury from July, every single day I work out (at least 4-5 times per week) has been a "dread factor" work out. I just have been able to seriously start back up again back in October and I lost a lot of fitness ground and my arm just does not work the same....I really have to discipline myself everyday to just do it and not let the dread overcome the good of the work out. Not to mention, life has just been especially tough over and above the injury, so I am really fighting depression daily. And I do mean FIGHT because I get up everyday and put on those workout clothes and move because I know it is best.

I hate to say it, but since I have been recovering from my serious injury from July, every single day I work out (at least 4-5 times per week) has been a "dread factor" work out. I just have been able to seriously start back up again back in October and I lost a lot of fitness ground and my arm just does not work the same....I really have to discipline myself everyday to just do it and not let the dread overcome the good of the work out. Not to mention, life has just been especially tough over and above the injury, so I am really fighting depression daily. And I do mean FIGHT because I get up everyday and put on those workout clothes and move because I know it is best.

Tracy, I am so sorry to hear about all the struggles you have been going through. Despite all that, you seem like a very strong and determined woman.

I wish you and your family a very healthy and happy holidays (Christmas if you celebrate it) and best wishes for the new year.

Am I allowed to pick a Cathe DVD as my dreaded workout? It is Cardio Core Circuit. I love the Hiits so it must be the extra 20 minutes in this one that put me over the edge. It's a good workout, but I don't do it very often because of the dread factor.

Am I allowed to pick a Cathe DVD as my dreaded workout? It is Cardio Core Circuit. I love the Hiits so it must be the extra 20 minutes in this one that put me over the edge. It's a good workout, but I don't do it very often because of the dread factor.

Lol, I did this one the other day, and was thinking "Cathe, you are really making me angry here. 2 jumps forward with a squat thrust into a push-up? Who can possibly like this????!!!!". When it was all done, and I had burned mega calories, I thanked her. Ya, that one has a certain dread factor for me too.

That is definitely at the top of my nose bleed list.

Butts and Gutts!! It's the best lower body workout ever made but oh how i just dread it...but when I finish it i feel like a million bucks!!

Mine is Drill Max - Just a lot of jumping, huffing and puffing, and 40/20 HIit.
BM2 for the 8" step and the huffing and puffing, though I love the "cross country" - that's fun. I won't use an 6" step because it feels like I'm cheating.
But, they are all effective.

For me it's Body Max 2. As much as I love the workout and have so much fun doing it, an hour and a half of intense exercise always lends a certain dread factor!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.