Yoga Lovers & Crosstrainers (Week of Nov 24)

Vee

Cathlete
Hello from Kuala Lumpur!

Here is a new thread to get us started with a new week.

Happy yoga everyone.

Vrinda

Good morning Vee and all who follows,

Vee** glad you started a new thread! What are your workout plans for today?

I took a rest day yesterday! I didn't relized I worked out 10 day's straight:rolleyes:Today I will do Bootcamp + yoga!

And its a Monday (say it like its a boy!)

I started off the week semi right. I had a hard time passing up some carbs this am but I'm winning the battle after having lost earlier lol! I had three teaspoons of tapioca pudding, one slice of whole wheat bread/butter, a chicken salad (thats the good part) a hardboiled egg and two gingersnaps. It doesn't look good does it? :eek: But thats ok because I usually load up on calories in the AM. I did go out for my wog. 32 min. total and 27 in my thr. then I tried a yoga podcast for runners and I didn't really care for it. I may do something else later. I'm still getting over being sick. I'm a little tired and my lungs are a bit sore. I'm self employed right now so I can rest a bit if I so choose. In my personal life right now what I want is to improve my financial situation (clients would be good!) and continue to be vigilant with my fitness goals. I almost just stayed in bed this morning. I made myself get up anyway. Last night I did 20 min of a yoga today episode that I had saved when they were doing podcasts. Its my favorite its called "nerves of steel" its an advanced wo. I only did the first 20 min sometimes I do the whole thing.

This weeks rotation, this is my intent anyway :rolleyes:
M Run (did it.) + Yoga Today (will do it later)
T Power Max (love this wo btw.)
W Run (3 min. intervals) + Gary Bromely Yoga (for beginners)
T C&W (I just got a few more dumb bells, it should be fun.)
F Run (Steady state 3 miles) + Kathy Smith Yoga basics (its fun.)
Sa Low Max

Vee- How are things in Kuala Lumpur?

Bayerngirl- I want to get bootcamp I have it tivoed off FitTv it looks like fun to me :):eek:

Good Afternoon All!

Today I did 3 chinups, Tracey's Glute Camp and PUB abs. Couldn't finish all of PUB abs but it's been awhile since I did them. Was okay until the last set when she lifts one leg off the ball in plank.

RapidBreath - Hope you feel better soon. I usually load up on carbs in the morning too.

Waves to Vee, LurkingLori, Tami and Delfinn!

Bayerngirl - Glad you enjoyed Patricia Walden. Hope your DH gets better soon.

Debbie - Sorry to hear about your back pain. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Marcy

*Waves to all* :)

I'm doing a Gym Styles rotation now. Yeesh, I'm sore. Evening yoga is working out nicely though. I seem to sleep better.

Belinda, I hope your husband is doing better.

Morning everyone!
Yesterday was DH's birthday (carvel cake, yum!), but I did manage to squeeze in 40 mins of All Body Cardio (Twombly). I got this one in a trade and really enjoy it! Anyway, today I have my 1 1/2 hour iyengar-based yoga class. The instructor is brilliant, so I'm really looking forward to it. Last week, she focused on the shoulder area. Be seeing what she focuses on today.

New member here, thanks to Tamarhan (sorry if I spelled it wrong)...

I really need a stronger commitment to my yoga, I know it's great for me, my main problem is I want to do the poses perfectly, I tend to get frustrated when I fall behind.

I need to remember that yoga is about self-acceptance, and doing your best, regardless of level of fitness/flexibility!

That said, I did Crunch Fat Burning yoga w/Sara Ivanhoe today, and I just found another tape I enjoy..it's from Bethany Lyons from Crunch Fitness called Total Body Sculpt..I did it yesterday and really enjoyed the tape and the instructor as well...her style makes yoga fun, much like Sara Ivanhoe's..sort of a girl-next-door friendly style.

Good morning to all!
Welcome Jerry. Our group is starting to grow!

Happy belated birthday to Delfinn's DH. mmm cake!:p

Marcy, Kudos on 3 chinups. I can't do even one :( I'm envious. I'm thinking of getting some iron woody bands to do assisted chins. I'm not sure if even that will help though. I'm really puny.

Waves to Lauphing water, Vrinda, and Rapid breath, Bayerngirl.

Yesterday I did Jari Love S&L so a little sore today but not bad. Taking a day off today.

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

New member here, thanks to Tamarhan (sorry if I spelled it wrong)...

I really need a stronger commitment to my yoga, I know it's great for me, my main problem is I want to do the poses perfectly, I tend to get frustrated when I fall behind.

Welcome Jerry! Just remember: that's why yoga is called a PRACTICE. Very few of us do the poses perfectly. Or like Tony Horton says: Do your best and forget the rest!

Today I did David Van De Velde's Hip Hop Battle. With all the styles of dancing I do, this one seems to be the toughest for me. The tempo really gets me messed up.

Tamrahan - Thanks re the chins. I'm kind of small too - only 5'2". It's not a matter of size but a lot has to do with core strength. Also, do them as much as you can. I try and do them before I work out so I'm not too tired to do them afterward. They do take a lot of effort but you feel so accomplished when you finally get your chin over that bar.

Delfinn - I have All Body Cardio but still haven't tried it yet. I'm glad to hear you liked it.

Waves to Bayerngirl, Vee, Laughing Water, RapidBreath and LurkingLori! (I hope I didn't forget anyone!)

Have a great day!

Marcy

Happy Birthday Mr. Delfinn! :D

Jerry, welcome. Your desire to perform poses "perfectly" is something most of us understand ~ we all do that to ourselves from time to time. Eventually you'll let that go. :)

Today I did GS BSB, and I previewed 4DS HIS ---> thank God I have a slow motion button on my DVD remote. :p Last night's time on the mat was about 30 minutes and very slow. No music, no DVD ~ just whatever I felt I needed along with deep, Ujjaya breathing. For the most part, it was peaceful and meditative.

What was kinda funny was my husband whispering to me, "Are you equanimous yet?" I smiled in response. And then he continued to chat with me, but in hushed tones.

I wanted to ask, "Why are you whispering?" :D I guess he figured by whispering, he wasn't really interrupting anything.

**Greetings to all!**

Thanks for the welcome!!

Today was Crunch Yoga w/Bethany Lyons, and I worked up quite the sweat and felt great afterward, tomorrow is Fat Burning Yoga w/Sara Ivanhoe....yep...working out Turkey Day..DW is working, I'm going to have dinner with mom at the nursing home.

Take care!!

so much for good intentions

I did not do PM instead I did a two parter hi/lo combo with Tamilee and Kathy Smith. This morning I went for a 50 minute wog. Just before it began to rain. I'm glad I went out when I did and did not wait till later!

I hope everybody is well,

Happy T-Day!

Today was Tracey's Strictly Upper Body from the Parts Series. Love this workout. I also like that she always includes balance challenges in her workouts.

I plan on doing Total Yoga: Fire tomorrow.

Have a Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Marcy

I am still here! The last few day's has been really busy with DH and I had a few doc. appt. (yesterday and today)! I am still doing my rotation, but didn't had time for yoge. My plan for tomrrow is 60 min. bike ride at the gym (not sure if they open) and yoga in the evening.

Today's workout was BM2! What a sweatfest!

Welcome Jerry!

Waves to Marcy, Vee, Laughing Water, RapidBreath, Tamrahan and LurkingLori! (I hope I didn't forget anyone!)

Have a great day and workout!

Yoga consisted of a few of my favorite moves, Ujjayi breathing, and then revisted Kapalabhati breathing. It's been a while since I've done that, and it was kind of cool. It felt like I had just spent a half hour walking in the cool, mountain air, yet I had never left my bedroom. :eek:

I survived Thanksgiving with just a few minor mishaps. The turkey turned out, so I'm pretty happy with that. :D Tomorrow ~ Muscle Max.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. All I did yesterday was take a long walk with DH and the dogs, as I've got some kind of sinus thing, yuck. There's a special class at the Y today, given by a guy who's supposed to be really awesome, so I'm hoping to go...

Lori, I do alot of breathing exercises in my iyengar class, and also feel so much better after. Have you ever done the kundalini breath of fire?

Well, Lori, I just googled kapalabhati breathing and realized that it IS breath of fire. Have you ever tried the ravi/ana dvds? They incorporate alot of that.

I haven't tried those DVDs yet.

I'm going to try working with more breathing exercises though. In the past, I've just blown them off, but they're so easy to do. And it certainly wouldn't kill me to sit for 5 minutes and concentrate on something other than my usual mental list of "stuff" I want to get done for the day.

I'm still here. i had to work Thanksgiving day. So this has pretty much been a normal work week for me.
So Thursday (which is actually my Monday since my days off are Tue & Wed) I started Cathe's 4DS Kickbox/Legs. Friday I did LIS/Shoulders,calves and core.
Today-Saturday I did Yoga Total Body Fire. Just got this new from advancedworkout.com. a couple weeks ago along with the Eoin Finn DVD which has monopolized my last few yoga practices-I've enjoyed it that much.
Sunday and Monday I will continue on with 4DS's remaining 2 workouts. Then Tuesday I'll need to do Yoga again.
Waves to all.

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hello Everyone!

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving. I did Total Yoga: Fire yesterday. Great practice. Did a great shoulderstand and managed headstand for a second before I flipped over.

I also got two great books: The Yoga Bible - The Definitive Guide to Yoga Postures and Yoga Anatomy. The Yoga Bible has over 170 postures with the English and Sanskrit names, pictures and a complete breakdown of how to do each posture. Yoga Anatomy shows a skeleton doing each pose so you can see exactly which muscles are being used and also gives the classification and level of each pose.

I got a kettlebell yesterday which I'll probably start a rotation with next week. I can't wait!

Tamrahan - Glad to see you also enjoyed Total Yoga Fire.

Waves to everyone!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.