yee ha! Just got Timesaver! Any suggestions on what to do 1st?

RE: yee ha! Just got Timesaver! Any suggestions on wh...

Number 5 workout is awesome. LOTS of lower body. I sometimes just use the Workout Blender and pick and choose what I want to do but it will take you awhile to see what they all offer. Let us know what you do. One nice thing about Cathe: she is always coming out with new workouts sooo you will always be excited about exercising. Have FUN!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I'm crazy about the Timesaver! I love it! I just use it as is for now, but I'm sure I'll have fun using the workout blender and all the other good stuff.

thanks for the responses guys... i think i'm going to use TS for a cardio workout tonight (got tips from someone else on the board who's structured some good cardio routines). I'm using Pyramids for my strength workout, so tonight I won't do the weight portion. So so happy for Cathe... I'm a WW and getting married in September, so my focus and my enthusiasm/determination is at an alltime high... I've gone in and out of motivation highs over the past several years, but truth is, I've NEVER been psyched to do any strength training. I've always seen it as a necessary evil. Cathe's changed that. She's delightful, motivational, and fun... still work... but fun! Any body else have any other TS stories/comments, bring em on... think I'll be earmarking this one as my favorite! :)

yay! congrats. I'll bet we're not the only brides on the board... seems like everyone i know is getting married... :) best of luck to you... how have you progressed so far? any specific goals?

I did #5 last night because I wanted to work on my legs. It was great. I thought it would be the same old leg stuff, but there is a bit of leg work done on the floor which I love! I wasn't thrilled with #1. Cardio was a bit too short and the chest and tris just didn't feel worked out. But I'll be trying #2 tonight to see how it is.

Beth

I love the TS! It fits my needs when I have to work. Plus you could pair up 2 cardios nicely if you have time. Like KPC portions with SJP Hi-lo. As for the weights...if you put together all the UB weight work in one day ...you can get nicely sore the next.

>thanks for the responses guys... i think i'm going to use TS
>for a cardio workout tonight (got tips from someone else on
>the board who's structured some good cardio routines). I'm
>using Pyramids for my strength workout, so tonight I won't do
>the weight portion. So so happy for Cathe... I'm a WW and
>getting married in September, so my focus and my
>enthusiasm/determination is at an alltime high... I've gone in
>and out of motivation highs over the past several years, but
>truth is, I've NEVER been psyched to do any strength training.
> I've always seen it as a necessary evil. Cathe's changed
>that. She's delightful, motivational, and fun... still
>work... but fun! Any body else have any other TS
>stories/comments, bring em on... think I'll be earmarking this
>one as my favorite! :)

Hi Sassyella:
What cardio idea did you get from someone on the forum to do just a cardio segment from TS. I'm interested in hearing about it.
Thanks.
Erin

Erin,

Here's what I copied from one of the users. It's not ALL cardio, but it's mostly cardio... I'm still trying to figure out how to program my DVD with the right Chap. #s, but here's a start... Good luck, and have fun!

sass

ok guys, anyone know if the Timesaver DVD is enable for Chap search? Apparently this is how I'm going to have to view diff Chapters within titles. The programming function on my DVD goes from Title to Title only, not specific Chapters within each title.

RE: yee ha! Just got Timesaver! Any suggestions on wh...

>yay! congrats. I'll bet we're not the only brides on the
>board... seems like everyone i know is getting married... :)
>best of luck to you... how have you progressed so far? any
>specific goals?

Hi there! Thanks so much! So far I've used my local Chicago message boards on www.theknot.com! Thanks to that board, I've booked my reception hall, ceremony location, photographer, videographer, ceremony musician, DJ for the reception, ordered my dress, got the wedding bands, and picked out my bridesmaids dresses.

Here's my wedding bio from the knot. Everyone there has their own wedding bios and it's so fun looking at them all.

http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=ScottDaniOct04

:)

here's one of them..

Timesaver Step, Hi/Lo and Kickbox = 64 min
1-2 Warm Up (Step Jump Pump) (6 min)
1-3 Step Aerobics (Step Jump Pump) (all 4 combos) (16 min)
19-5 Hi/lo (Step Jump Pump Cardio #1 & #2) ( 8 ½ min)
55-4 (KPC)) Intermediate Intensity Drills
55-5 (KPC) High intensity Drills (total 24 ½ min)
67-1 Cool Down: Use Warm Up (Legs & Glutes) (4 min)
67-28 (SJP) Stretch ( 5 min)

uh, yup. I did #5 last night... whew! I'm not an aerobics girl... i'll do just abt anything else but (i'm chest heavy, so even with a good sports bra, all that jumpin around makes me crazy). :) So I'm too in to the Hi/Lo on the DVD, but everything else rocks. I just love the variety. I need to have options to stay motivated, and now I've got options galore.. just for kicks, I'll share the workout I just setup for myself..(it's 98% Cathe) you can tell me what cha think... (getting married in Sept. in Jamaica, have major work to do b4 I hit the islands. :)

MY WORKOUT (Jaws to da floor in 2004):

Full on cardio (M, W, F):
30 min treadmill w/ :30 interval changes OR
58 min IMAX 2, Step Blast or Step Heaven OR
Fat Burning Yoga
Abs optional

Strength (Tu/Th):
(Use programmed version of Step Blast or Cardio & Weights for short cardio session b4 wts.)
Upper body- alternate wkly Pyramids with all upper body from Timesaver Workout #5 incl. Abs
Lower body - alternate wkly Pyramids with Timesaver Workout #5 incl. Abs – from Pyramids

Saturday Blast and/or Makeup Workout:
An overall strength/cardio combo - 50-60 min.
Muscle Endurance, All Step or Cardio & Weights OR
20 min Treadmill + Pyramid Total Body Premix OR
For a knock down drag out all-cardio, try a Timesaver All Cardio Combo (if I’m feelin’ froggy).
Abs – TS or IMAX 2

Sunday
REST!

by the way Erin, if you're still subscribed, here's take two of the TS cardio I got from a VFer that never came through b4.. there's some other stuff mixed in, but it's mostly cardio...

Timesaver All Cardio Workouts

Timesaver Step, Kickbox, and Core = 68 ½ min
38-1 Warm Up (Step Blast) (6 min)
38-3 Step Aerobics (Step Blast Combo #1 & #2) (20 ½ min)
38-12 (KPC) Ball crunch, woodchop, rollups, crunch, arm-leg extensions,
38-13 (KPC) Ball roll in/pike (core work 7 min)
38-15 Stretch (Kick Punch Crunch) (6 ½ min)

Timesaver Step and Kickbox Circuit = 71 ½ min
38-1 Warm Up (Step Blast) (6 min)
38-3 Step Aerobics (Step Blast Combo #1)
38-5 Step Aerobics (Step Blast Combo #2) (total 20 ½ min)
55-5 (KPC) High intensity Drills ( total 24 ½ min)
19-3 Step Aerobics (Step Blast Combo #3) (10 min)
55-11 Stretch (Kick Punch Crunch) (6 ½ min)

Timesaver Step, Hi/Lo and Kickbox = 64 min
1-2 Warm Up (Step Jump Pump) (6 min)
1-3 Step Aerobics (Step Jump Pump) (all 4 combos) (16 min)
67-28 (SJP) Stretch ( 5 min)

Timesaver Kickbox, Hi/Lo and CoreMax Circuit = 64 ½ min
55-1 Warm Up (Kick Punch Crunch) (7)
19-12 (B) Ball back extension
19-14 (SS) Ball woodchop
19-16 (SS) Ball side lifts
19-18 (B) Ball bent knee roll ins/pikes (7 ½ min)
67-26 (SJP) Abs
67-27 (SJP) Planks (8)
67-28 (SJP) Stretch (5)

Sassyella

Hi...thanks so much for the 4 All Cardio drills from Timesaver. I did the 2nd one today and it was really quite fun..Sometimes I just need a longer cardio and this is perfect...:)...Carole

WOW - thanks so much for posting this! I did #2 today and did all but the last step combo - I was sweating like crazy! I've only been back to working out for four weeks now so I didn't want to push it. Good thing muscles have memory. Thanks so much as I traded a FIRM tape for this Timesaver DVD and now I'm really glad I did. I only had Step Blast and Cardio Kicks as far as Cathe workouts but thanks to you I now have lots of refreshing new workouts!!

Vickie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.