XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Thanks for all the replies!

I was hoping to combine the shortest premixes from Hard Strikes and Chest, Back, Shoulders yesterday and then just have leg cardio blast today. But it just didn't happen. I hope to get some exercise in today esp. since I just ate 3 chocolate chip cookies for lunch!! But I have a bunch of food prep to do for the week and the Super Bowl and school prep for the week (homeschool mom of 4 boys). It will all depend on how much time and energy I have (I've been night weaning my almost 2yo, so I'm exhausted!

I'd love to hear about if adding cardio helps the weight come off. My BMI is 24. something, but I'd really like to lose about 20 and get my BMI down to at least 22. I need to keep a tight reign on my portion sizes!

Did i read that corrrectly? 4 boys and a 2 yr old? Holly cow! I wouldnt have time to pass gas if i was u! Wtg for trying to stick to exercise program! ,im cheering for u!

I did supercuts and really liked it although i so didnt feel like exercising at all but i didnt want to get behind..i hate feeling like im behind. But love it knowing i got it done. So i squeezed my butt cheeks and made myself just do it. Im glad i did! U know HS was yestetday and i never had sore belly after so im thinking tabata is the only one that i hadnt done so that must be what gave me a sore belly!? I dont know but its gotta be. Anyone else have sore abs after tabatacise? Confusef on that.
Tomorrow is a rest day.

My almost 2yo is my 4th boy. :)

I didn't get any exercise in before we had to leave for our super bowl party. I spent an hour putting in last month's lesson plans for my 6th grader plus the up coming week, something has been hanging over my head for a while. :) so glad it's finished. And I only got my avocado dip made food wise for the party. So it looks like I won't be doing any exercise today :( if I'm lucky I'll get granola and hummus made when I get home. But I still need to set up their schoolwork for tomorrow, planned but not set up (work boxes for those other homeschool moms).

ladylep-- i homeschool two of my kids, too:). my oldest was homeschooled up until high school-- now he is at a performing arts school. all of them already know what they want to be when they grow up-- string players-- i had no clue at their ages and sometimes still don't! anyway, it can be stressful getting through it all sometimes. glad you got a weight off even if your workout didn't happen-- there is always tomorrow!

renee-- i am excited to be able to do super cuts again, too! my daughter just did it today, but hated all the floorwork. i told her it gets better as you do it more-- i used to hate mountain climbers and the spiderman things from AB, but now they don't seem so bad. i was trying to remember what day my core was super sore, and i thought it was after hard strikes? spacing on that, though. so many parts of me are sore these days-- it is hard to keep track!!

soup is simmering for 20 mins til i can add the cashew milk and then it's yet another 20. wish i had started this earlier!

Hello All,
Instead of taking the day off as scheduled I did Tracy Anderson Mat Method today. It was good. I did a better job today than I did when I did it earlier this week. The armwork in that workout really burns like crazy. My shoulders were pretty sore earlier this week, so we'll see tomorrow.

I'm not what I'm going to do for a workout tomorrow. I will probably do horizontal conditioning, volume 1.

Hope you all had a good weekend! I had a lovely day today, so quiet! And started to catch up on things I had put to the side while I was studying. I feel like I have my life back.:) Made granola (I make my own too Lady Lep!) and a loaf of bread. Made a tofu stir fry for dinner, which was delish, and some bean and tuna salad for lunch tomorrow, so I'm good to go.

Eva

Eva How do u use tofo? I was thinking of trying it but man... It is such a small square..how can u make,anything for a family out of it? Am i supose to smash it with something else?

Katied oh my AB is like uggg i havnt done it in a while i wish it had better music but with that i think it is so hard that i have to have a rockn sound track to do it again! U r in great shape to do all those mountain climbers lol.
My belly feels bloated, ouch must be the popcorn...

renee-- there is definitely some dread factor for AB:eek:. you are right on the music-- think that's part of why i love CF and TTM and xtrain. as for the tofu-- i love to marinate it in sirracha (sp) with some miso and add it to broccoli stir fry. i usually use 2 boxes of it for our family. you have to drain the water from it first by using a towel and pressing between two plates or cutting boards work well. then cut it up and marinate. would need the extra firm kind. i also love it as the "eggs" in my eggless salad. i drain it again and then mash up about two packs with mustard, vegan mayo, cayenne, celery, red and orange peppers and onion. add some greens and whole grain bread and you are good to go!:) straight out of the box it is pretty bland. oh! i also have a good chocolate mousse recipe that uses tofu-- i brought it to a family party once and no one had a clue it was vegan!

eva-- glad you are getting some down time! i haven't tried those workouts-- will have to take a look at them.

What is Sirrachs and miso? I am trying to figure out how to go vegetarian. I dont mind egg whites, or i used to say chicken but i dont want that now..with alll the horrmones they add into it. However im clueless on alternatives. So i just stick with veggies, beans, rice, sweet potato, n fruit. I have been using different beans, to i use to only use pintos. But now i tried lentils soup, 16 beans soup, and this week i made black beans soup it really was good!
So i also got on hungry girls web page and made chocolate low fat low cal muffins! They was good..

Hi Girls! I am still here, lurking, even if I don't check it that often. I try to check-in every week, though. I am going to be starting week 6 tomorrow. Still no change in thigh measurements, but in every other area, I see small improvements. I'm thinking about getting a spin bike. Any recommendations?
I just rejoined WW online, as the other free tracking program just wasn't motivating me-don't know why!
Renee-I saw that you were thinking of trying it. Let me know if you sign-up.

I am keeping busy with my 3 boys (age 1, 4, and 7)-so I feel for you, LadyLep. I work outside the house, also a teacher! It sounds like you are doing well! Keep it up. Yes, I found that cardio makes a huge difference for weight loss for me (along with weights).

Katied-Your soup sounds yummy. I made shrimp and bean soup yesterday. It's one of my favorites.

Eva-I will have to check out Tracy Anderson-she sounds familiar...I may have done one of her workouts back in the 90s? I'll be on the lookout some other workouts after I finish this rotation. I have a lot of Cathe's, but I'm thinking of branching out and looking for someone equally as tough.

I don't have much time to post now since I just finished my WO, and am heading to the shower to get ready for the day. At night, I would love to post, but I am in the middle of a grad class too. It's soon over, though.

So, even though I don't post more than once a week, I am still here silently supporting each one of you! Keep up the great work, ladies!!!
-Jen

Jaepea Hello!
I think its fine once a week to check in.. I mean if my boys were small still id probly not feel like i had to much time to check in either, besides this is supose to be enjoyable and i think if feel like you are rushing to check in everyday or feel pressured then well thats just not fun. So i,appriciate hearing from u tho it is exciting to hear your results, and u cheering us on!

Hello everyone else,today is a rest day for me! So i am at my job and no patients today and its just me and im so board to death. I hate this ..i brought my computer today and yoga,so maybe ill do that to,pass the time. Its really rather stupid to b here. She wants me to be here incase phone rings.. Which on days like this, it rings oh maybe twice all day. Yawn yawn lol eyes watering makeup driping now i look like Tammy fae Baker when she was younger and her makeup was all over her face lol bless her heart..
Anywhoo i changed my avitar again to my big dog Duke we have had him 13 yrs now, he is so sweet. Just wanted to, share him lol last pic before, my pic it was my little dog mabel, she looked like an old lady so hence the old lady name. Love my animals.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

JaePea I always feel the same way. I say hi...then I tend to lurk, enjoying the thread buy not participating (at least you have an excuse). I am trying to change that for myself.

So yesterday I did the Chest, back & shoulders and increased my weights on virtually every exercise. I did the same on the Bi's & Tri's Burn Sets this week. I am really impressed with this program because I had plateaued on biceps at 12 lbs. and I managed to rock 15's for the entire Burn Set bicep workout. Woo hoo! I'm seeing guns for the first time in 3 years :) Now if I can just melt off the layer of fat that's been building up lately :mad:

I picked up Jillian Michaels "Master Your Metabolism" in the hopes of gleaning some perspective on the changes my body is obviously going through. In the past, my body responded immediately to any fitness programs I did. But these days, I'm working harder and it's just not coming off like it used to.

Renee...btw, I am a Certified MA as well. Hope your day gets better.
LabyLep... Cathe actually suggests that you add a Tabatta to any workout if you want to add some cardio. Just not every day. I haven't tried them yet but they are up this week. Looking forward to it.
Katied....homemade soup sounds great...I think I'll rummage around and see what I can come up with.

Well it's a day off for me and it's about time for me to get off my butt and get my workout on. I'm playing with this weeks schedule cause I was off from last weeks. Can't do CBS cause I did it yesterday. I will have to see :)
Vicky

Oo Vickie let us know how the book goes.. I didnt think Jillian was in menopause yet, so i didnt know she could relate or not. So it will be intresting to hear!
Wow u really are getting some guns! 15 for bis? Gowsh im still,
Teatering between 10 & 12 lol. But if i go 12 for two many it hurts the joints the next day not biceps so i have to keep doing 10 & 12 to get in the boceps just enough...hard to explain. Good for u! Really that is something to be so so proud of!

hi everyone!

today was cardio leg blast plus i added core 2 and the hip thrusts-- which i was surprised i made it through as last night did not come with much sleep:(. i ended up with a stomach ache-- probably from all the fiber in my soup (it is loaded with kale, chickpeas, and brown rice)-- that kept me up for a bit with a bloated gut (ate too much, i am sure!) and then rik started to snore. i was almost asleep and then he sneezed! i was like-- really?!? you have got to be kidding me. :mad: anyway, it was a rough night but i am glad i made it through my workout.

renee-- sirracha is a hot sauce we have here-- it comes with a rooster on the bottle, if you have seen it, and miso is made from fermented soybeans,it is thick and paste-like. it tastes extremely salty and tangy on its own but it is great for tofu or veggie marinades and also for making miso soup. plus, it is great for you. if they dont sell it in your area, i am sure you can purchase it online-- it is great to have as a little goes a long way. hope your rest day was good-- sorry about your job! that does sound boring as sin:(. i love your dog! what a sweetie! i want to see your other one! have you seen mine? i have a photo album in my profile/user cp thing. i love animals, too. even thought of being a vet when i was younger, but was not cut out for the tragic stuff. i am trying to sign up and do fosters, now, though, so that is one way of helping out, i guess.

vicky-- that is so great on your gains in strength! i am feeling the same way with this series. i tried 30 lbs yesterday, though on CBS, and had to drop down in weight before the burn sets. my bis are strong, though, and i know my legs have gotten stronger. yay! and, yeah, i am at that age too where things just dont come off like they used to, and my body is not as forgiving as it once was.:( also more prone to injury. let us know what you think of the book!

jaypea-- good to see you on here! yep, i pretty much live on salad for lunch and then soup for dinner in this cold wintertime. glad to hear things are going well for you!

hope everyone has a good rest of the day!

Greetings,
Just a quick note as I have a ton of work to do and should be doing that! I am taking a rest week, so today I did Double Wave Pyramid. I got home late, so this was the perfect quick and dirty workout.

Renee, about your tofu question, I mostly use it in stir fries these days, as my fiance is not a big fan of it. I was a vegetarian for 17 years, and even though I eat meat now, I still have a soft spot for tofu, and lots of meatless meals in general. I only eat chicken and fish now.

There are so many recipes online, so you can just search around and find some that sound appealing to you. I use one block for two of us and usually get three servings, which includes a lot of veggies. Katied's tip of marinating it is a good one since it does not have a ton of flavor on its own.

Some places I use for recipes are Cooks Illustrated, Epicurious, Food Network and Food52, and Serious Eats. All of these sites have tofu recipes, and a million others to boot. The Cooks Illustrated one is a paid site, but the others I mentioned are free.

Eva

Im back and refreshed

I'm back =) from week off of workouts and mini vaca to disneyland =). I started feeling "burnt out" from my workouts last week so when I feel that way I usually take a week off and come back refreshed =) which I did today. I did LEGS-PREMIX #1 and they now feel like noddles....lol I'm still on week 4:D :D

Thanks Eva,
I do look up recipes but im embarrassed to say some ingredients ive never heard of so cant picture it and do not know where to go to get it. Im so .....hmm...country that i know beans cornbread, chicken n dumplins, chilli, fried chicken, baked chicken lol those types of cheap dishes. I am so hoping to expand.
So if i run into an ingrediant i dont know, i may ask you guys what the heavenly days it is! Im sure i sound air headed. :) i am simple i supose. I got les mils combat! Im gonna add it to the bi n tri day for more cardio i think..what do you girls think ? I viewed two of the dvds and the music rocks, it has some nickleback, and maybe disturbed i think i heard.. lol i only know disturbed cause my son listened to it while he was in wrestling lol...
Kaitied my belly is bloated to but i ate popcorn a few days ago and lots of spinach everyday lol u know i am always gassy.. i even wrote an embarrasing post asking about it. Lol

ha! me too, renee! i chalk it up to my vegan diet most days:p. guess some people are more prone to that than others. i love popcorn! it's mine and riko's friday night treat.:) with coconut oil and nutritional yeast, it is super yummy!

oh, and eva-- love the double wave pyramid! i think that is my favorite of the HiiTs on that disc.

terina-- welcome back! i bet it is nice to feel rested and refreshed! legs gets me every single time:p

alright, really getting off of here now! will check in with you all tomorrow-- for me it's bis and tris and i may leave it at that with no cardio since tabatacise is the next day (and hard strikes after that!)

Hi Gals,

Renee...Yes, I love Combat. I get so caught up in the fun with the trainers that I couldn't actually tell you what music is in the videos, lol. I find these cardio workouts really complement Cathe's strength workouts because they are so different and cardio intensive. And no, Jillian is definately not menopausal. But, as she says, many people have problems with their hormones (as in menopause), so this book is applicable to everyone. I will let you guys know what i think.

Katied....thanks. Wow 30's, the most I have pressed is 27 bls. But I am hoping to match Cathe at some point. I am making it a goal for this round:D

Terina...welcome back. Hope you had a nice trip. At this time of the year, I would love a trip somewhere warm. It's snowing here today and I'm really tired of being cold all of the time. Waiting on spring here. I take recovery weeks when I feel burnt out as well. It's important to listen to your body and take those rest weeks when necessary.

Well I never got my workout in yesterday, cause I decided to tackle my taxes and that took day. Sooo...today I am doubling up. Cardio leg blast and Chest, back & shoulders, laundry & work at 3 pm.

Have a great day everyone!
Vicky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.