Xenophobic Fool in You Tube

Amy Steppe

Cathlete
I noticed one of the comments about Step Moves was that it was "too American" with outdated moves.

I then checked out what this person was watching and the step in their favs was poorly produced and basically sucked.

It made me livid with anger!

But you guys (Americans) invented Step! How can moves from an American invention be too American? It's like saying French pastry is too French.

Stebby

I've seen a lot of negative talk from ppl and I find it to be disgusting. I understand that not everyone will like a workout or a series. But to prejudge something bc of the clips (before STS Cardio shipped) was rather shameful. On other fitness boards I have noticed it's the same ppl though that are never happy with something that Cathe does; however they keep buying her products. Some ppl are just negative and nasty and misery loves company. I chalk it up to bitter ppl looking to spread the infection.

I'm not the typical Cathe deadhard, but I do enjoy her workouts. I find some that I like and others I don't. But I wouldn't be going around trying to poison others' opinions of her systems either.

I've seen a lot of negative talk from ppl and I find it to be disgusting. I understand that not everyone will like a workout or a series. But to prejudge something bc of the clips (before STS Cardio shipped) was rather shameful. On other fitness boards I have noticed it's the same ppl though that are never happy with something that Cathe does; however they keep buying her products. Some ppl are just negative and nasty and misery loves company. I chalk it up to bitter ppl looking to spread the infection.

I'm not the typical Cathe deadhard, but I do enjoy her workouts. I find some that I like and others I don't. But I wouldn't be going around trying to poison others' opinions of her systems either.

I hope you understand there is a difference between negative and constructive criticism. The fact that people on "other fitness boards" continue to buy Cathe's product yet express what they like and don't like isn't disgusting, it should be appreciated by Cathe/SNM as a way for them to continue to improve their product. I'm not addressing this particular comment on you tube as I have no idea what that is about, but I don't think people should be deemed disgusting or negative because they have the guts to post what they like and don't like about a particular series of workouts that they spend money on. I've posted negatives as well as what I appreciate about Shock Cardio. It's too bad that this forum only seems to respond appropriately to those that gush. Posting a review of a product that includes the negatives and the positives isn't trying to poison another's opinion on a workout system, it's giving valuable feedback for a potential buyer to consider, especially when they ask for that feedback. I also hope this doesn't come across as an attack on you or your thoughts. I hope that Cathe.com one day becomes a place where people can post what they really think/feel about a product we all enjoy without being name called, lied about, flamed, etc.

I do feel it was an attack as you mistook my words. You're intitled to your opinions but as am I. I find it disgusting that ppl will have a mean outlook on her or any products before trying them. Who can give honest constructive feedback by watching a 5 min clip of the workout? Seriously! Some ppl on other forums will bash her as a sell out and complain about preorder prices, timelines, workout descriptions, ect. They base their opinions on everything but the actual workout which many don't even try. I think you're reading into my post far more than you should. There are some ppl who intentionally want to be rude or "flame" others as you say, but we all don't. Some of us however are tired of trying to find good, detailed reviews only to com across the nay-sayers who lack the zest to even do the workout before they start bashing and posting negative feedback. If it flames ya, ignore it. You have at least that choice.

I don't know, I ran across a thread where people did post constructive criticism. From what I could tell, they did it clearly, honestly and respectfully. They made their points and moved on. I can't say for sure but my guess is Cathe does take in those points and will likely integrate them (constructively, as offered) into her next series. I guess we'll see. If there was flaming or name calling in reference to this particular thread or other comments of like tone, I didn't see that. But I don't read every thread either.

Too though, there really was some unpleasantness (at least to me). I really wish I hadn't followed the link to "the other forum" and read on, but I did. It kind of felt like slowing down to look at a car wreck ... not a good idea and no one to blame but you if you do it. It was a bummer. Individual's almost seemed to be feeding off of each other's negativity and ... enjoying themselves. There were some unfounded and unfair comments/negative conjectures made too, in my opinion. That, I think, was a pretty isolated incident.

For the most part though, it's seemed to me that people have been able to express their disappointments/criticisms and most of them have done so with decency and honesty. What I don't get is why the comments that didn't offer criticism or express disappointment get labeled as gushing. Gushing infers the posts that are fully positive are also somehow disingenuous or less than sincere. If you really JUST have something positive to say, I'd think it should be ok to do that. No one can guage or truly know the level of your sincerity but you. I don't understand discrediting someone else's comments by labeling them (gushing). Words are important to me. I'm a writer. I did post a positive comment awhile back. It was sincere. It wasn't mindless flattery. I'm capable of expressing criticism as well. I just didn't have any at the time. And I think there were several positive posts that were in the same boat. I would hope that opinions, both positive and negative, could be expressed on this forum without being labeled. It would be nice if we could just honor them and let them be, whether we agree or not.

People on our forums are actually quite tolerant of people with a negative opinion. But there is a difference between a person with a negative opinion and a person who is just plain always negative. The idea that you can only post positive threads without being attacked on our forums is just totally false. This board has over one million posts and you will find thousands of posts from people who don't like a particular DVD or product and these people are not attacked for their views in any way. I doubt a day goes by without a person expressing a negative opinion on this site and as long as they're respectful they're are not flamed. However, there is a difference between expressing a negative or different viewpoint than using our site to be disrespectful or trying to cause harm.

I think our website is already a place where people can and do post their honest opinions. Since this is Cathe's website most people that are on our boards are people who enjoy working out to Cathe and most posts will reflect that, but this doesn't mean that all posts will be positive and that other viewpoints are not tolerated.

I do feel it was an attack as you mistook my words. You're intitled to your opinions but as am I. I find it disgusting that ppl will have a mean outlook on her or any products before trying them. Who can give honest constructive feedback by watching a 5 min clip of the workout? Seriously! Some ppl on other forums will bash her as a sell out and complain about preorder prices, timelines, workout descriptions, ect. They base their opinions on everything but the actual workout which many don't even try. I think you're reading into my post far more than you should. There are some ppl who intentionally want to be rude or "flame" others as you say, but we all don't. Some of us however are tired of trying to find good, detailed reviews only to com across the nay-sayers who lack the zest to even do the workout before they start bashing and posting negative feedback. If it flames ya, ignore it. You have at least that choice.
It doesn't flame me in the least and I'm very sorry you took my post as an attack. In reading back over my post I see that me writing that only gushers are tolerated was false (but I do stand by the rest of my post).

Amy, Not bad judgement on your part at all.

Interesting reading....and obviously an outlet for some steam.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.