Wrapping paper- how long can you leave it?

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, this year, I ended up wrapping most of the gifts - thanks to the apartment gift-wrapping station. Usually do gift bags but DS wanted the glory of ripping his gifts open.

I can handle the wrapping paper strewn around for 30 minutes before becoming twitchy... my limit is about an hour.

What about you? What's your time-limit before you bag it all up?

Ho, ho, ho!

Pam

I think I'd be ok up to an hour too.
this time around though we had to pick it all up right away or our puppy would shred it.
She loves Kleenex. She would turn wrapping paper to confetti lol.

I bag it up immedialty! I bring in a trash bag and everyone throws the wrapping paper in it as they open their gifts. We have always done this and now no one gives it any thought!

We pick the paper up immediately after the last gift is unwrapped. :)
I learned my lesson not to wait.....back in the day when I waited, we lost small pieces of toys in the wrapping paper. There were a few times I had to dig through the trash to find them....not fun at all! :eek::eek:

Pretty much immediately here too. We have a box or a garbage bag handy and someone just grabs the paper as we unwrap.

I bag it up immedialty! I bring in a trash bag and everyone throws the wrapping paper in it as they open their gifts. We have always done this and now no one gives it any thought!

Ditto! I'm usually the "designated" one (actually self-designated cuz I can't stand to see the mess :D) who will pick up the slack when others don't throw it in the bag. This way, you can't accidentally have your gift cards or precious diamond jewelry disappear! :p

Bam

I kinda figured that the Cathletes would be a clean-up immediately kinda crew! The thing about the puppy cracks me up! I sure don't miss the kleenex shredding phase!

Pam

I tried to bag it as we unwrapped but my 15 year old son told me I had to stop. He insists on ending up with paper all over the floor. He says its how things are supposed to be on Christmas morning. He then does his salute to Randy on "A Christmas Story" and acts like he is asleep in the mess. But then once all the presents were open, I was able to bag it all up.

Attachments

• IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 22
I was exhausted and resisted all urges to clean up as presents were unwrapped, so after all had been opened, my 16 year old leaped up and stuffed it all in the recycling box for me.

So now no-one knows how anal or not I might be!

Clare

I tried to bag it as we unwrapped but my 15 year old son told me I had to stop. He insists on ending up with paper all over the floor. He says its how things are supposed to be on Christmas morning. He then does his salute to Randy on "A Christmas Story" and acts like he is asleep in the mess. But then once all the presents were open, I was able to bag it all up.

I love it!! How fun! That is the same reason my DS (whose name is Randy) likes to have paper everywhere! Milking the believing in Santa/Christmas thing as long as I can (he's 9 y.o.). :D

Pam

I was exhausted and resisted all urges to clean up as presents were unwrapped, so after all had been opened, my 16 year old leaped up and stuffed it all in the recycling box for me.

So now no-one knows how anal or not I might be!

Clare

LOL!! Clare- you crack me up!

I'm so OCD about that and must bag it up immediately. I won't even open the gift box until the wrapping paper is neatly packed into a ball and in the trash bag. Ugh I have issues lol!

We wrap things to be carefully unwrapped. Often if a box has a top, its wrapped separately so that the lid just comes right off, no unwrapping to worry about. The wrapping is part of the gift. In my family, the paper is just too expensive to be throwing away.

I loved reading all the responses :).

When I was a child, I remember the paper being on the floor for hours. I think there are even pics of me happily surrounded by a mountain of wrap, ribbons, bows. This memory will remain with me forever :).

BUT, this must have somehow traumatized me because I have a garbage bag ready and all the wrap goes in immediately! I don't even think wrap touched my floor TBH. Now I feel guilty because I've been taking the "mountain-o-wrap" away from my daughter :(. Next year I may try to relax a bit, sip my warm coffee, listen to Xmas music, and watch my daughter make a mess with the wrap. It's all part of the magic of Christmas right? :D

Natasha

I'm so OCD about that and must bag it up immediately. I won't even open the gift box until the wrapping paper is neatly packed into a ball and in the trash bag. Ugh I have issues lol!

Good to know I am not the only one!!! Then as soon as all the presents are unwrapped...everything gets taKen out of the boxes...and the trash goes outside...yes I am OCD!!! HEHEHE

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.