Workout Series for Menopause/Post Menopause (Based on Cathe's advice in her recent article)

yamabachi

Cathlete
I read Cathe's newsletter today that discussed the changes you should to your health routines you should make once you hit menopause (https://cathe.com/how-menopause-can-affect-your-body-composition-and-workouts/) with interest.

How about an exercise series that focuses on the heavier weights/extra recovery/lower impact cardio that is mentioned in the article?

I've been working out with Cathe since Pure Strength/Maximum Intensity Strength came out on videotape in my 20's! It would be great to have a series to keep working along with her as I age into menopause too. :)

I also second this!! Turning 59 in 4 weeks and the idea of slightly longer recovery is great. I tend to get a little frustrated with and quick change from one exer to another and sometimes end up doing my own thing while the DVD keeps going.

I don't know about a whole workout series for this as Cathe needs to cater to a wide audience. However, something may be able to be done with the premixes to a series to create some menopause styled workouts.

I don't know about a whole workout series for this as Cathe needs to cater to a wide audience. However, something may be able to be done with the premixes to a series to create some menopause styled workouts.
I feel a special rotation coming on. Somebody (wiser than I) could create a monthly rotation for Menopausal Cathletes. But maybe call it something cooler than that, LOLOL

The ICE and LITE series had those special bonuses like the blizzard blast and muscle meltdown add ons so advanced exercisers could have that extra cardio kick. That’s an idea. Have add ons so there’s something for everyone!

Im in!~!!!!
Can it include things like "soft on the knees and back" because oh boy my knees are not the same as they were once when I was a step freak!!
I’d love some more slide and glide style cardio. I did the double trouble premix for slide and glide recently and I forgot what a solid cardio workout it gave me. The jacks on the discs and the slow mountain climbers are just as intense as jumping around.

I feel like sts 2 is going to be close to this idea. No cardio, but I plan to use walking and maybe my elliptical machine
I’m looking forward to STS 2.0. I wish I still had my elliptical. I sold it in 2018 to have more floor space in my workout area and because I was hardly using it. Between injuring my knee back in June during Cardio Slam and then getting a sprained foot from my dog and my neighbor’s dog running into my lower leg 2 weeks ago, I could get so much use out of one again. I can still lift for upper body and To The Mat has been my go to lower body workout because of wanting to be cautious with my foot.

I think its absolutely a great idea. And, for those who aren't in that season of life yet the series would great for future use because one way or another, we're all gonna go through that part of life, I'm sure Cathe could find a way for higher impact/intensity modifications like the Blizzard Blasts and Calorie Crushes. Even have a cast member be a dedicated modifier would work too. I know that when I used to do P.volve while rehabbing my knee last summer, they had a entire series dedicated to menopause with a focus on heavier weights for gaining muscle and helping with bone density, as well as shorter cardio bursts for HIIT type training. I never did any of it and barely took use of my free 90 day membership because once I felt like my knee was stable enough to return to heavy weight leg training and easing into cardio, I was back to Cathe in a flash (maybe a hot flash!!!!! - couldn't resist that one!)

But seriously, and it might be TMI, but I would love to know what Cathe has done personally, besides diet and fitness, to look totally stunning at age 58. I showed my husband a picture of Cathe on her site and he thought she was in her late 30's. Maybe exercise really is a fountain of youth after all. One thing I would love to see her do is come out with a nutrition guide with her go to healthy recipes. And maybe advice on supplements, etc.

I was back to Cathe in a flash (maybe a hot flash!!!!! - couldn't resist that one!)

But seriously, and it might be TMI, but I would love to know what Cathe has done personally, besides diet and fitness, to look totally stunning at age 58. I showed my husband a picture of Cathe on her site and he thought she was in her late 30's. Maybe exercise really is a fountain of youth after all. One thing I would love to see her do is come out with a nutrition guide with her go to healthy recipes. And maybe advice on supplements, etc.
Very funny! Just you wait. I have one piece of advice for your future... cotton. Cotton shirts, undies, and bedding. My husband wasn't too happy with the charge card bill when I replaced all of our bedding with cotton, but he thanked me after the first night. Cotton saved him from having to unceremoniously dumped out of bed every night. I no longer had to strip the sheets I'd been drenching with my night sweats. lol

I'd like to know what Cathe does personally as well. Are there supplements that she's found helpful? Does she suffer from insomnia? If not, what's she doing? She doesn't look tired and like she's went without sleep. She certainly doesn't seem like she suffers from brain fog! I mean, you can tell from the thought she puts into her workout series that her brain is fully functioning. What's the secret? I'm eating right. I've changed my exercise routine. Most of my menopause symptoms are no longer noticeable, but I can't seem to kick the insomnia and brain fog. There's got to be a secret. I've started the progesterone cream that someone suggested, so I'm hoping that helps. I'd sure like to know Cathe's tips though. She makes it look soooo easy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.